Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Journals (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/49-trading-journals)
-   -   Day trading journal using THV (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/346796-day-trading-journal-using-thv)

vnagen Mar 8, 2012 1:22pm | Post# 1

Day trading journal using THV

Hi everyone

I am trading with Cobra's THV system with mixed results. I lose the trade when I break the rules or when I make poor decisions due to fatigue or stress. Overcoming these is proving very difficult. But slowly I think I am getting there. So far I have blown my live accounts too many times, but still not willing to go back to demo. I have invested far too much interms of money and time. So I am determined to succeeed, but confidence slightly fading away.

I would like to post my trades here. I should be obliged if any experienced trader seing this thread could comment on my mistakes or good decisions. I intend to run this thred for a month. At the end of the month, if I do not have profit, I will close the thred.

I will post my trades from tomorrow. All the trades win or lose.

vnagen Mar 9, 2012 8:37am | Post# 2

todays trades 09-03-2012

2 Attachment(s)
Started trading at 8.30 am (GMT). I only trade EURUSD. My view is that once I become consistantly profitable with this pair, then I will try end trade other pairs as well. However right now focussing on one pair seems challenging.

The price was moving sodeways until 12 noon. I was sitting patiently, almost watching every one minute candle. Dissaster happend at 12 noon. Became impatient and took a trade.

When I took the trade it appears that 5 min trix have already crossed and the fact trix was flat. I thought it will move down in the direction of 15min trix. the reason being that there was a fresh trix cross in 1 min chart.

See image:

Managed get out of it without too much damage. Loss 2.3pips.

I read it somewhere, I think its on James16 thread that let go past all the 'A' grade tarade setups and wait for the 'A+' trade. surely this is not an A+.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 09-03-12 12 00-12 10-loss 2.3.gif
Size: 47 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 09-03-12 12 00-12 10 loss2.3.jpg
Size: 108 KB

vnagen Mar 9, 2012 8:55am | Post# 3

2nd trading

2 Attachment(s)
I took this trading at 12.57. But should have taken it at 12.55. Got distracted at the time, but got it late and therefore lost few pips.

Got outof the trade when 5min fact trix touched the oversold area. I would have waited the trade to run further but news at 13.30. so closed it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 09-03-12 12 57-13 11-profit 8.8pips.gif
Size: 43 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 09-03-2012 12 57 - 13 10 profit 8.8.jpg
Size: 97 KB

Esser Jun 13, 2012 5:18pm | Post# 4

So, how did it go? Did you end up making money at the end of the month? :-)

vnagen Jul 4, 2012 5:18am | Post# 5

closed

Sorry, I am not continuing this. I find this as a distraction. so fucussing my small brain on the trading and chart setup. But I feel that everyday, I am improving and getting lot more diciplined. But there are few trades I have taken on a regular basis where If I had been cafully applying my knowledge, I would have not entered.

Good luck with your trading.

Esser Jul 4, 2012 4:54pm | Post# 6

Are you still trading using the THV system? :-) If you are, how is the system working out for you then?
If not, what system are you currently using then, and why did you switch?

vnagen Jul 6, 2012 12:45pm | Post# 7

Hi

I am still using THV and profitable. However, still make wrong trades. As explained in the THV thread, THV does not give entry and exit signals but a set up to use with your trading skills. I use THV together with Pivot points, S/R levels and EMA.

Usually THV could give you 1 or 2 good trade set up a day.

One one trade today. Yesterday no trade at all, due to THV setup near news release. There is a new thread called THV system trades and patterns. The THV veteran Miss Pips do post her analysis there. have a look.

Good luck with your trading.

© Forex Factory