Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Hanover replies to PMs (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=346227)

hanover Aug 14, 2019 3:38pm | Post# 1261

2 Attachment(s)
David, compilation process has yielded 5 errors of the same sort, no warnings: 'char'- parameter definition expected ...From what I have written here, does it look to you that I have followed procedure correctly?
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this, at least not without being able to see the mq4 file that you're trying to compile. All of my old indicators and EAs compile OK using the build 509 compiler.

Maybe one of the programmers who's more familiar with MQL4 build 600+ can help.

[EDIT] I think you might be trying to compile an 'old' indicator using the current compiler.

The build 509 Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:Name:  PPI 131.png
Views: 607
Size:  21 KB

The current Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:Name:  PPI 132.png
Views: 606
Size:  24 KB

Pippopotamus Aug 15, 2019 6:55am | Post# 1262

{quote} I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this, at least not without being able to see the mq4 file that you're trying to compile. All of my old indicators and EAs compile OK using the build 509 compiler. Maybe one of the programmers who's more familiar with MQL4 build 600+ can help. [EDIT] I think you might be trying to compile an 'old' indicator using the current compiler. The build 509 Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:{image} The current Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:{image}
Thanks again, David. Best Wishes, Pippo

goodways100 Aug 15, 2019 9:56am | Post# 1263

Excellent analysis and articles. Joined late. Start reading today. Thanks and
Regards

Nguyenanhtu Oct 17, 2019 12:27pm | Post# 1264

Neildigest and Hanover!! I miss you so much. i really grateful both

froyzkie Oct 19, 2019 5:12am | Post# 1265

I just want to thank you Mr. david. I appriciate all your efforts here in ff. Godbless

laye Oct 19, 2019 7:33am | Post# 1266

{quote} I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this, at least not without being able to see the mq4 file that you're trying to compile. All of my old indicators and EAs compile OK using the build 509 compiler. Maybe one of the programmers who's more familiar with MQL4 build 600+ can help. [EDIT] I think you might be trying to compile an 'old' indicator using the current compiler. The build 509 Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:{image} The current Metaeditor/compiler looks something like this:{image}
Sorry for the interuption.. just don't know how to message you..

hanover Oct 20, 3:14am (30 hr ago) | Post# 1267

I miss you so much. i really grateful both
I just want to thank you Mr. david. I appriciate all your efforts here in ff. Godbless
Thanks for your kind comments.

but I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding an mt4 indicator you created ( I think ),
Umm don't know how to privately message you or if I am allowed to,
and if I can't, because I have not posted anything, may i contact you somehow or someway.
Plz, when you have time, can you message me a way to contact you, sorry everybody..
I can't message new members either, until their post count reaches a certain number (5? 10? I'm not sure).

Anyway, all of the indicators and EAs that I've shared publicly are listed in the 'Hanover MT4 indicators' section in post #1. Most of the links contain comprehensive instructions, and you should be able to figure anything else out by experimenting yourself. If you can't get an indicator to work, there are plenty of other third party MT4 indicators around to play with.

© Forex Factory