Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Does this simple system by Richard Donchian really work? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=329441)

pip_seeker Jan 11, 2012 8:06am | Post# 101

Mr HB. So far so good. Just wanted to let you know I am following along and am contemplating writing an EA for this method. (not that it needs one, but keeps rules more concise)

Please keep posting the pics as you have been doing. Thanks.

mrhb30jr Jan 11, 2012 9:56am | Post# 102

Mr HB. So far so good. Just wanted to let you know I am following along and am contemplating writing an EA for this method. (not that it needs one, but keeps rules more concise)

Please keep posting the pics as you have been doing. Thanks.
hi pip_seeker,

Thx friend... rule at page one but the good result so far if reversal entry at weekly time frame price touch 5sma should be same direction from monthly 5sma

cheers

mrhb30jr Jan 11, 2012 10:14am | Post# 103

2 Attachment(s)
buy limit 1.0180 usdcad......
usdcad updated.... +8 pips so far just patience
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad1.gif
Size: 18 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad2.gif
Size: 21 KB

mrhb30jr Jan 11, 2012 7:45pm | Post# 104

1 Attachment(s)
hi all, here the sample of this week using this strategy
entry on reversal before break out the 4PWL low
just check the chart on GBPlfx index ....

cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx.gif
Size: 25 KB

mrhb30jr Jan 11, 2012 9:20pm | Post# 105

1 Attachment(s)
hi all, here the sample of this week using this strategy
entry on reversal before break out the 4PWL low
just check the chart on GBPlfx index ....

cheers
now let zoom from 240 MTF see MA 365 High/Low/Close working well as the filter
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx240mtf.gif
Size: 30 KB

mrhb30jr Jan 11, 2012 9:39pm | Post# 106

4 Attachment(s)
now let zoom from 240 MTF see MA 365 High/Low/Close working well as the filter
Just for ur review, screen shoot from the lower TF

here the chart 5M,15M,30M and 60 M

cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx5mtf.gif
Size: 14 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx15mtf.gif
Size: 17 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx30mtf.gif
Size: 20 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbplfx60mtf.gif
Size: 24 KB

mrhb30jr Jan 12, 2012 12:23am | Post# 107

1 Attachment(s)
GU updated Closed @1 PO = +90 another Open PO move SL at BE, 1.5480..
hi all,

GU updated here the plan of next 2nd tp of gu to be maintain the SL ...

Cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd240mtf.gif
Size: 28 KB

Password Jan 13, 2012 4:14am | Post# 108

Hello

I read this thread. and what i understand is that we will be in market all the time.

mrhb30jr Jan 13, 2012 9:53am | Post# 109

1 Attachment(s)
gu updated
1st po +90
2nd po +150
re'entry 3rd po +80 closed all po this week total 320 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu.gif

mrhb30jr Jan 13, 2012 10:29am | Post# 110

4 Attachment(s)
here the gu...
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu1.gif
Size: 17 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu2.gif
Size: 19 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu3.gif
Size: 24 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: gu4.gif

pip_seeker Jan 13, 2012 11:09am | Post# 111

Mr HB,

Ok what does PO mean again. I'm thinking previous open?

Is that right?

Peteday Jan 13, 2012 12:08pm | Post# 112

EA

Hi Pipseeker
Are you doing an EA for this system if so can i test it with you?

pip_seeker Jan 13, 2012 12:39pm | Post# 113

Hi Pipseeker
Are you doing an EA for this system if so can i test it with you?

Yes, I am laying the ground work right now. It is no where close to ready yet.

I will make ex4 available to small group so that we can look for bugs etc / come to conclusions of feasiblity and make sure it follows the rules as shown by the OP.

Preferably a group of about 20 or so... but you must be committed to help with finding bugs... otherwise support will dry up if you catch my drift.

I'll start another thread when that time comes so we don't muck this one up with EA discussions.

Peteday Jan 13, 2012 12:49pm | Post# 114

EA

Ok thanks Pips

mrhb30jr Jan 13, 2012 9:10pm | Post# 115

Mr HB,

Ok what does PO mean again. I'm thinking previous open?

Is that right?
PO - Purchase Order

pip_seeker Jan 13, 2012 9:37pm | Post# 116

PO - Purchase Order
Ok, never would have guessed that in a million years... lol.

Well I've gotten a good bit of this done but I thought about a few things like if the trader starts this up in the middle of the week etc I've added a few extra rules to it so the EA doesn't just blindly open a trade because bid/ask is lower or higher than the previous 4 week hi or low.

Additionally the same thing in an expanding trend on the weekly without a shown retrace to at least the weekly SMA_price-open line. This is merely to "try to" prevent too much damage when markets go to chop. I don't know if this will make much difference or not when it comes to chop? Hard to say by just eye balling it.

If you're already in the trade then there's no change to that... but I may also have some additional options in the TP realm. I am supporting upto 20 pairs so we'll see how well it will do on multiple pairs as well.

mrhb30jr Jan 14, 2012 4:24am | Post# 117

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, never would have guessed that in a million years... lol.

Well I've gotten a good bit of this done but I thought about a few things like if the trader starts this up in the middle of the week etc I've added a few extra rules to it so the EA doesn't just blindly open a trade because bid/ask is lower or higher than the previous 4 week hi or low.

Additionally the same thing in an expanding trend on the weekly without a shown retrace to at least the weekly SMA_price-open line. This is merely to "try to" prevent too much damage when markets...
hi pS,

enclosure usdchf chart on weekly
may be ur EA be Like this chart

Cheers
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdchf.gif
Size: 30 KB

pip_seeker Jan 14, 2012 8:32pm | Post# 118

The EA is posted here. It's operational but it runs quite a bit different I think than what is displayed here. I think most of the bugs have been squashed now it's mostly operational bugs.

But it's hard to know how it's working because I can't use the visual tester to run on the weekly chart it only goes up to daily... so I am kinda running a bit blind.

Anyway there's a fair amount of description of it on that thread... we'll see what happens. Remember it's designed to run on multiple pairs and this will likely give better performance than just 1 or two pairs... because you never know which will break out and when.

Erebus Jan 14, 2012 9:09pm | Post# 119

1 Attachment(s)
It wasn't my intent to ruffle your feathers... but declaring what a pair did last week after the week is thru is still hindsight. Waiting until next week to close out is still hindsight.

Hindsight means looking backwards.

In a trending atmosphere everything works with a trending system... I am here trying to discuss what you do when trends contract and possibly change course because 80-90% of the time it's what they do.

I can wait until that happens and then see if you have a different idea if you like?
No feathers ruffled, here is another weekly hindsight, pips on chart to save you the math
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0006.png
Size: 55 KB

pip_seeker Jan 15, 2012 12:43am | Post# 120

No feathers ruffled, here is another weekly hindsight, pips on chart to save you the math
so what do you want? A cookie? Success isn't measured in a couple of weeks... which was my original point that flew right over your head and still does.

I've been here over 4yrs and studied forex for over 10 yrs now and I don't mean that as an ego bash... just stating fact. Trends like on EurAud currently are rare.

Just the moment you get accustomed to that... you will then get beat to a pulp in whip saw. So if you can call it for the next 50 weeks I'll give you a gold star. capeesh?

http://cookiedelivery.org/wp-content...e-delivery.jpg

You prove yourself every week in this game.... statistics tell me you won't be here in 4 yrs.

© Forex Factory