Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/158-commercial-content)
-   -   X-Man's Super Simple System (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/327972-x-mans-super-simple-system)

piprac Dec 20, 2011 3:31pm | Post# 2381

ignore the lines as that is my indy and backtesting. I drew and arrow on the entry candle.

But does this qualify as a signal to go short as the previous candle was a pullback and TDI broke the bands and is current hooking over?
I'm no expert on the pullback wrinkle of X-Man's strategy but in his latest pdf he says: "If the previous candles are bullish then the (pullback .ed.) candle will form a high and close below the open of that candle." in your example I believe the pullback candle should be red.

But I would be very tempted to trade the hook anyway except for this time of year, low liquidity & volume. Hope this helps and not an expert yet, if ever! p.

hale-mary Dec 20, 2011 3:52pm | Post# 2382

it did close below the open. These synergy bars show candles different compared to regular bar/candle charts.

Just asking if it was a valid entry as the 4 hr has not been talked about too much

piprac Dec 20, 2011 7:48pm | Post# 2383

it did close below the open. These synergy bars show candles different compared to regular bar/candle charts.

Just asking if it was a valid entry as the 4 hr has not been talked about too much
I see now what you are referring to, I didn't blow up the chart to see the previous close. I don't use the synergy style HA candles anymore, just the regular ones so I will have to pay more attention to those that post synergy style candlesticks.

I still would have been tempted to trade that hook regardless as it seems to me that indicates a reversal earlier. But just not the time of year to trade now but always good to keep looking for setups whether taken or not. p

FourEcks Dec 20, 2011 7:50pm | Post# 2384

Hi Hale-Mary

I'm not convinced that's a proper pull back candle as there is very little upper wick, at least on my charts (I use 2 brokers and it looks the same on both).

Regards

Erebus Dec 20, 2011 8:03pm | Post# 2385

Try another indicator

1 Attachment(s)
u lost me on that one. indicator has no option. properties only covers original bars, not apb bars....thanks for reply......vince
There are more versions of Synergy APB around, search for a different one if what you have is not working for you

Settings are in the Indicator, not Properties, although you can set bar chart colors to NONE to display only the APBs
Click to Enlarge

Name: color-bars.png
Size: 278 KB

Vince-AC Dec 20, 2011 8:40pm | Post# 2386

yes

There are more versions of Synergy APB around, search for a different one if what you have is not working for you

Settings are in the Indicator, not Properties, although you can set bar chart colors to NONE to display only the APBs

yes, that is the version that i want. will try to find it. any hints????....thanks,,,,,vince

thrax Dec 21, 2011 2:14am | Post# 2387

Follow on EURAUD H4

1 Attachment(s)
There was a bigger potential of profit in this trade than the 1xATR(7). Now we are approaching Monthly Pivot S1 level.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD_H4_strategy name_20111221080951.gif
Size: 20 KB

Erebus Dec 21, 2011 2:22am | Post# 2388

SEARCH WORKS

1 Attachment(s)
yes, that is the version that i want. will try to find it. any hints????....thanks,,,,,vince
Search ???? I know, hard to grasp new concepts....

Teach you to fish or feed you a fish or something like that stuff !!!

Click to Enlarge

Name: search_ok.png
Size: 80 KB

nzsolt85 Dec 21, 2011 3:38am | Post# 2389

EU SHORT H4

Guys, the cross on the EU, H4 its appr. we had a rally up this week.. somebody its taking the position for a short?

Gl with the trades!

N.Zs.

thrax Dec 21, 2011 4:29am | Post# 2390

EU H4

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, the cross on the EU, H4 its appr. we had a rally up this week.. somebody its taking the position for a short?

Gl with the trades!

N.Zs.
I do not think that anyone took short on the last short TDI-cross because of the PA. I highlighted the candle of that TDI cross. This has a lower shadow showing that during the 4h period there were attempts to push the price lower but finally the close was higher than the low of the candle. Not to talk about the resistance at around 1.2950 and 1.3000. But this just my personal view.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD_H4_strategy name_20111221102334.gif
Size: 20 KB

wrenski Dec 21, 2011 8:43am | Post# 2391

It's too bad more people aren't trading today. Excellent PA on the EURUSD.
...and today!

james2ko Dec 21, 2011 8:47am | Post# 2392

1 Attachment(s)
To PH or Xman, appreciate sharing your knowledge. Been studying your charts and doing so much screen time my eye glass prescription has changed . I realize the tdi was near the top but I'm trying to learn to trade PA instead and it looked like it wanted to pop upward. I waited for the break of the high before jumping in today. I went to bed after the first trade so I missed the nice move down.

Could you tell me if you would have done the same or would you have jumped in sooner. If so which candle- 1, 2, or 3? or would you have skipped the trade and caught the pullback at the beginning of candle 4 or would you have taken both trades?
Name:  +40 dec 21st.PNG
Views: 1719
Size:  20 KB

Rodcisal Dec 21, 2011 10:55am | Post# 2393

Hey fellow traders!

I just wanna say thanks to X Man's who has shared this amazing system. Since I read this thread my trading habits has changed. I've learned like I've never did about forex just by reading and being curious about anything I didn't understand. I have a long way to do and thanks for get me started.

Cheers

Vince-AC Dec 21, 2011 11:25am | Post# 2394

Search ???? I know, hard to grasp new concepts....

Teach you to fish or feed you a fish or something like that stuff !!!

thanks erebus, have already done that. all those indicators seem to be the same one. as soon as i set the colors and SIZE, and then restart mt4, they revert back to the original setting.......thanks for taking the time to answer............vince

Badass_UA Dec 21, 2011 12:23pm | Post# 2395

thanks erebus, have already done that. all those indicators seem to be the same one. as soon as i set the colors and SIZE, and then restart mt4, they revert back to the original setting.......thanks for taking the time to answer............vince
Read these posts:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...60#post5235160

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...79#post5235179

After you change color you will be able to change size manually from MT4 as usually. Works for me.

geosanuy Dec 21, 2011 12:40pm | Post# 2396

Monitoring PA

2 Attachment(s)
In case you are like me and want to see underlying PA easily, you can select the yellow on black color scheme on chart preferences and easily make pA visible over the HA candles by pressing the candle select button.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pa1.gif
Size: 22 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: pa2.gif
Size: 23 KB

cyber1 Dec 21, 2011 12:41pm | Post# 2397

Once you have your chart set up the way you want it save as a template.

Then save as a profile. Each time before you shut down MT4 and you have made changes to any chart window be sure to save as that profile again.

Then when you have restarted make sure the profile you want is loaded.

Doing it this way will save any changes to any indicators,trendlines and EA's.

Badass_UA Dec 21, 2011 12:55pm | Post# 2398

Once you have your chart set up the way you want it save as a template.

Then save as a profile. Each time before you shut down MT4 and you have made changes to any chart window be sure to save as that profile again.

Then when you have restarted make sure the profile you want is loaded.

Doing it this way will save any changes to any indicators,trendlines and EA's.
It does not work with some indicators. Synergy APB - one of them.

It will always change it`s color back to original settings no matter what and how you save it in the template.

Vince-AC - do like in the posts I mentioned above. Or tell me what colors you need - I will change it for you

geosanuy Dec 21, 2011 12:58pm | Post# 2399

LON

To PH or Xman, appreciate sharing your knowledge. Been studying your charts and doing so much screen...
Well, I'm not Xman, but here's my two bits:
Today's move was a classic clearing move to set up the down trend, you will see it happen again, you must monitor the 7:00, 8:00 9:00 and 10:00 LON candles every trading day as that's where you will get most of your pips. You will start to recognize the typical moves the boys in the City like to play.
Basically, if it breaks in one direction and stalls, be ready for a strong countermove, other times it just goes strongly in one direction up until NY. Stay on top of these crucial hours.

Badass_UA Dec 21, 2011 1:06pm | Post# 2400

2 Attachment(s)
I have changed the colors to Green and FireBrick.
But looks like now you can change the candles to any size/color and it will be saved. Put them in your experts\indicators folder.
Synergy_APB2_EDIT.mq4
Synergy_APB2_EDIT.ex4

© Forex Factory