Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   MT4 News Calendar Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=326551)

euclid Dec 5, 2012 11:47am | Post# 61

1. How about the ability to play with font size, e.g. down to size 6? That would reduce clutter.
That's actually quite a lot of work, so I'm not going to put it high on my priority list. Sorry.

2. Can your FCal be modded to be used instead of the FFCal-Scoobs which doesn't work anymore?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=204646
I presume this is for use with an EA? I don't know if there is anything different about that version of FFCal, but you can try a newer version of FFCal, from the FFCal thread e.g. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...25#post4560225. Just rename it FFCal-Scoobs.mq4.

fahedksa Dec 10, 2012 7:08pm | Post# 62

Hi fistful i loved these indicators thanks for sharing.
I just hope you add email alert and pop-up box its will be nice and helpful.
Thanks again

atharmian Dec 10, 2012 11:37pm | Post# 63

Euclid,

Thanks for the response which I just noticed.

1. Surprised to hear that font change is a lot work. Anyway.

2. Re: the Aug 2011 FFcal.mq4 version you pointed to. I remember many FFCal versions
went amock after FF changed its web code on July 18, 2012. Does this one suffer from that
problem too?

I know hanover updated after July '12 to his version 3.03 which works fine
on my Win7 PC, and which was re-posted a few weeks ago after being removed. But yours
on this thread looks simpler and also includes breaking news.

Athar.

That's actually quite a lot of work, so I'm not going to put it high on my priority list. Sorry.

I presume this is for use with an EA? I don't know if there is anything different about that version of FFCal, but you can try a newer version of FFCal, from the FFCal thread e.g. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...25#post4560225. Just rename it FFCal-Scoobs.mq4.

Theodore8882 Dec 12, 2012 7:34pm | Post# 64

Hi Euclid,

thanks for your great news calendar indicator but could you kindly teach me how to set it to the bottom left corner of the screen??what do I need to do??thanks in advance

euclid Dec 12, 2012 11:42pm | Post# 65

Hi Euclid,

thanks for your great news calendar indicator but could you kindly teach me how to set it to the bottom left corner of the screen??what do I need to do??thanks in advance
Set VertAlign to -1.
You can now align to the bottom corners using (HorizAlign, VertAlign)

Top Left = (1,1)
Top Middle = (0,1)
Top Right = (-1,1)
Bottom Left = (1,-1)
Bottom Middle = (0,-1)
Bottom Right = (-1,-1)

Theodore8882 Dec 13, 2012 12:09am | Post# 66

Hi Euclid,
thanks for your help bro for the shifting of the calendar..really thank you.....bro as Im new to forex..and been trading demo acc with mt4 with currency pair eur/usd...Can u Kindly teach me how to read candlestick chart,support and resistance and leading indicators that will tell me when to enter a trade and when to take profit....with the lagging indicators and leading indicators..i dun wan to depend on the so call indicator that can earn fast money but rather with skills and knowledge...thank you so much for your help...Million thanks in advance

What comes around goes around.......

Theodore8882 Dec 14, 2012 12:17am | Post# 67

Hi Euclid,
I duuno what's wrong but today halfway through when i used your news calendar for two same currency pair in different time frame it says download failed when i reload it again on my chart???can u kindly help me on this??what actually happen or have i done something wrong??Waiting for your reply....thanks

jeffmn1 Dec 15, 2012 11:33am | Post# 68

Hi Euclid,
Silly question... What folders in MT4 do I copy your 3 indicator files too? Thanks for all your hard work.

jbozman Dec 26, 2012 2:24pm | Post# 69

I was so dumbfounded by Theodore8882's response, that I just had to write something. Dude...Euclid wrote a news indicator, and now you want him to provide you with a way to trade so you can make money? OMG! Is that hysterical or what?!!!

Euclid, can you help me to trade so I can make money, too?

Can I ask another favor? I have an old Acura which needs a 90,000 mile major tune-up...water pump, timing chain, etc. When you are finished teaching Theodore on how to trade to make money, would you mind coming over and doing the maintenance on it so I don't have to take it in a pay someone to do it? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if that response was a joke, but I'm laughing my arse off over here nonetheless

Theodore8882 Dec 27, 2012 11:31pm | Post# 70

Hi jbozman,

What I mean was to ask him to guide me to trade that's all sorry for the misunderstanding...Sorry as I'm new to this pls don't mind my poor english..

widhie75 Dec 31, 2012 4:55am | Post# 71

Nice work euclid, it's almost simple as Hanover Plot_Calc.
Currently, I didn't found any bug. I attached newscal-v107.ex4 with some custom indicator and I use windows XP SP-3, it works perfectly.

Just a request:
Could you add another feature such as replace vertical dot line with star or diamond symbol maybe? ,,
so it will not stacked when view in H1 timeframe (M15 work fine). Is it need a lot of work to programming this?

personally I also don't need any full complete text information, I just need to know when & was it happenned.

and is this "newscal-v107" have auto adjust DST time? coz i didn't see any time setting adjustment.

Thanks,

Theodore8882 Jan 7, 2013 7:10pm | Post# 72

Set VertAlign to -1.
Hi Euclid now the NewsCalv107 say download failed and no further matching event???can u pls kindly help me???thank u so much...

sexypips Jan 13, 2013 12:24pm | Post# 73

hey folks, easy with all that additional functions on this indicator. it will only make it susceptible to forexfactory Economic calender future changes, and then it will be out of use like Hanova's Plot news. for me, and for everyone here, the indicator is ok. its all we need...to know the events. dats all

jhardisty Feb 5, 2013 12:18pm | Post# 74

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Euclid

Firstly, thanks for a great indi.

I'm having a problem with times displayed on the indicator. If you look at the pic, local time is 08:21 (South Africa GMT+2), news events are showing weird times eg. 3h39 GBP Service PMI. How are these times calculated? Not sure if broker time has any effect. My broker is FXCM, in UK as far as i'm aware, so GMT. The other news app displays the correct times.

Just also noticed that future news event show times like 42h07. Is this maybe time till news event and not the time of the event?

Thanks
JD
Click to Enlarge

Name: news.JPG
Size: 169 KB

Nucleo1985 Feb 8, 2013 9:06am | Post# 75

2 Attachment(s)
I've been working on this news indicator and it's now developed enough to share.
I've also added a beta version of my breaking news indicator for you to play with.[list][*]Data from the ForexFactory weekly calendar is refreshed hourly to catch any mid-week calendar updates from FF.[*]Events can be filtered by impact, currency and category.[*]A table of current and upcoming events can be displayed in a choice of two widths and may be placed anywhere on the chart.[*]Vertical lines may be plotted on the chart...
Hi Euclid, just wanna say many thanks for ur kindness to share the ffcal indi. it really help me to stay in line with fundamental aspect and really boost my performance. everyt information al i need is gathering together in my monitors. below is my 2 screen setup. i hope u keep to share the indicator if any update release. once again many thanks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Ucad.jpg
Size: 361 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Ucad2.jpg
Size: 356 KB

Nidolap Feb 18, 2013 5:44am | Post# 76

Just wanted to thank Euclid for the indicators.

Great work and a super valuable tool for traders!

mahimahi Feb 21, 2013 3:15pm | Post# 77

I can't help but laugh!
No it's not the english either!!

I was so dumbfounded by Theodore8882's response, that I just had to write something. Dude...Euclid wrote a news indicator, and now you want him to provide you with a way to trade so you can make money? OMG! Is that hysterical or what?!!!

Euclid, can you help me to trade so I can make money, too?

Can I ask another favor? I have an old Acura which needs a 90,000 mile major tune-up...water pump, timing chain, etc. When you are finished teaching Theodore on how to trade to make money, would you mind coming over and doing the maintenance on it...

pgtips Feb 27, 2013 8:24am | Post# 78

Hi,
great indi. Is it possible to look back further in time, to look at historical impact at each news event.

I tried increasing mins back but that wasn't it. Is there somehting else I ened to change in the settings. 3 months would be plenty.

thanks
PG

jesuscheung Mar 7, 2013 12:40am | Post# 79

The times are always 2 hours late on my MT terminal. Please fix this. i am using NewsCal v1.07.

pemann Mar 18, 2013 4:06pm | Post# 80

very useful indicator, great work, thanks for creating it

© Forex Factory