Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   jiva34's BB Stop auto-trader by SteveHopwood (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=325292)

Devonfgu Nov 14, 2011 10:30am | Post# 61

1 Attachment(s)
my today testing result,for you reference.
I using the first version on BBands_Stop_v1 with OOTB on M1 TF.
Click to Enlarge

Name: jiva_performance.GIF
Size: 168 KB

Khalaad Nov 14, 2011 11:32am | Post# 62

Great Method

The original jiva34 system is a great method.

Khalid

Elovv Nov 14, 2011 11:35am | Post# 63

my today testing result,for you reference.
I using the first version on BBands_Stop_v1 with OOTB on M1 TF.
Impressiv result!

panamamike Nov 14, 2011 12:01pm | Post# 64

Would someone be so kind as to send me a PM with the original version of the bot attached? I would like to run a side by side comparison to see the difference in results. Thx.

Swg123 Nov 14, 2011 12:19pm | Post# 65

1 Attachment(s)
Would someone be so kind as to send me a PM with the original version of the bot attached? I would like to run a side by side comparison to see the difference in results. Thx.
Here it is Mike. I stuck with the original as the later one looked to me as if it would get whipsawed to pieces in a sideways market.
jiva's BB Stop auto-trader.mq4

Khalaad Nov 14, 2011 12:40pm | Post# 66

Here it is Mike. I stuck with the original as the later one looked to me as if it would get whipsawed to pieces in a sideways market.
No doubt, as stated earlier, the original jiva34 system is a great method.

But Bollinger Bands are a versatile tool. Some one the most successful traders use it for trend trading, other great traders use it as an anti-trend method.

No need to be negative about any trading method.

Khalid

Swg123 Nov 14, 2011 12:47pm | Post# 67

No doubt, as stated earlier, the original jiva34 system is a great method.

But Bollinger Bands are a versatile tool. Some one the most successful traders use it for trend trading, other great traders use it as an anti-trend method.

No need to be negative about any trading method.

Khalid
I wasn't aware that I was doing anything other than stating a mildly held opinion, which I think I have I right to do.

No need to be negative about freedom of speech.

panamamike Nov 14, 2011 1:52pm | Post# 68

Do you run it 24/5 or only london/US sessions?

jiva34 Nov 14, 2011 2:06pm | Post# 69

Hi Steve,

How hard would it be to add the allaverages indi as an option to filter for trading with a major trend?

for fun try setting 5, .5, on the 15 min. for both bb stops settings.
30 stop loss, breakeven pips 20, 5.

At some point would be good to be able to trade %of balance.

Swg123 Nov 14, 2011 2:13pm | Post# 70

Do you run it 24/5 or only london/US sessions?
I've been running it from Frankfurt open to London close - it's convenient for me 'cos I'm GMT+2 so I can monitor it easily during those times.

I'm switching between M1 and M5 and trading short when below both daily open, pivot and 200SMA, vice versa obviously for longs. With M5 you can stay in the main move(s) of the day, or use M1 for entry if you missed the start of it.

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 2:25pm | Post# 71

Latest update in post 1.

I intended making the slow BB feature optional - I just forgot.

Please read the updated Introduction in post 1.

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 2:29pm | Post# 72

Hi Steve,

How hard would it be to add the allaverages indi as an option to filter for trading with a major trend?
No problems at all. Later on.

At some point would be good to be able to trade %of balance.
Actually, the code for this already exists in Aurora. It is only possible if traders are using a stop loss.

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 2:32pm | Post# 73

I'm switching between M1 and M5 and trading short when below both daily open, pivot and 200SMA, vice versa obviously for longs. With M5 you can stay in the main move(s) of the day, or use M1 for entry if you missed the start of it.
Would you like the option for the EA to draw the open and pivot lines automatically?

Swg123 Nov 14, 2011 2:46pm | Post# 74

Would you like the option for the EA to draw the open and pivot lines automatically?

That would be great Steve, I could drop another custom indi, save resources.

Thanks

jiva34 Nov 14, 2011 2:50pm | Post# 75

No problems at all. Later on.

Actually, the code for this already exists in Aurora. It is only possible if traders are using a stop loss.

>>>How hard would it be to add the allaverages indi as an option to filter for trading with a major trend?
No problems at all. Later on.<<<

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 5:40pm | Post# 76

Ok guys, if you want me to continue coding this stuff and other ea's free of charge, you better listen up.

Apparently, some of the lesser intellectually well-endowed 'contributors' have complained to Twee about the bit in my post 1's about how I will code EA's that are not to be shared here at FF for a fee of $100. Twee has asked me to remove this.

My rage, my incandescent fury at this knows no bounds. I am livid beyond anything any of you can even begin to dream at. I picked up his email at the start of today. As the day has moved on, my rage has increased.

Here is how I responded:
" I gave myself time before replying, to see if my incandescent rage would subside. It has not. It has worsened.

I just checked. I have started 82 threads. I do not start threads to talk about the weather. They all contain a trading robot. Some of them contain several. I have contributed a number of robots to the body of threads I have not started. I have contributed over 100 robots to the members of FF. The latest version of mptm has been downloaded 2456 times. There are traders using some of my trading robots profitably in their live trading. Those are robots I have provided free of charge.

I have spent thousands of hours coding this stuff. Here is one response from xxxxxx (name blanked out) when I sent him a copy of this email: "
In my first, or perhaps second, PM to you I said you are the reason I joined the Forex Factory. No rethoric, just the truth. Reasons: you can work 36 hours a day, your work is excellent, yet you are so willing to share it with everyone."

And in a second email, "
SteveHopwood, commercial member??? The very idea is sssoo gross; when I first read you threads I honestly thought you ran some kind of charity for Forex traders."

I get a lot of requests to code ea's. Most of them I refuse because I am not interested in them. Since posting that I will code ea's privately for a fee if I am not allowed to share them at FF, I have received a number of such requests from members stating one of these reasons:

1. They do not see why they should share the results of a long system development period with the lazy and stupid who inhabit so many of the threads - their words not mine, although I share the sentiment. Especially now.
  2. Their proposed EA is purely experimental. They would not have dreamed of asking me to code it because they knew I would share it at FF.
  3. They are not parasites and would not have dreamed of asking me to code for them without payment. They assumed there is no way of persuading me to code something without sharing it at FF, and did not want to share it.

There are coders out there who are writing their own EA's because I have published the shell code I use, in this thread: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...94#post4431794 In post 1, I have added a fuller explanation for my reasons for offering a fee-paid coding service and for charging such a derisory fee. As I assume you could not be bothered to read it before responding with such alacrity to the 'cleanup reports', here is what I write:

"
Private EA coding
I receive may requests to code EA's. I will do so free of charge so long as I am able to share the EA and trading system here at FF. Most of what I have learned to do as a coder, I have learned from contributors here. Sharing my work with them is my way of giving back in return for what I have gained. I need to have some interest in the project to take it on; a period of successful live trading with the system guarantees my interest.

I will also code EA's for traders who want their EA kept private. For this, I charge a fee of $100 payable into my Paypal account. I charge so little because I am not a professional programmer. EA's I code for you will have bugs that we will have to hunt down and eradicate. I may easily misunderstand the brief that you send me. I shall need your patience as I work towards the difference between what I think you have asked for, and what you have actually asked for.

Should you need a more professional programmer, then contact hanover. He will charge a lot more (I seem to recall him quoting a development fee $70 per hour somewhere) but will send you code that is an accurate and bug-free representation of your brief."

So, Twee, it is up to you. If you insist that I remove my service offer from my threads, then here are the consequences:

1. I shall no longer code anything for free here at FF.
  2. I shall start a private, invitation only forum for that tiny percentage of members here who are actually useful. They will continue to benefit from my work. The general FF membership will not.
  3. I shall continue to pick up good trading ideas from the likes of nanningbob, jiva, spiderforex etc. The robots I code will only be available to members of my private group.

It all depends on whether you do actually value my contributions, or whether you are merely saying that and prefer to bow to the bullying of the lazy, stupid, arrogant, pretentious, self-rightous, turgind, pathetic 15th rate whingers.

I am more angry than I have been for years and years and years."

So guys, weigh in on my behalf lose my services here at FF.

bobasker Nov 14, 2011 6:04pm | Post# 77

You have got to be fucking joking me!! I am lost for words....

hiredwhip Nov 14, 2011 6:06pm | Post# 78

Steve,
I've been a fan, follower, contributer and hopefully a pal for a good long while.... For the 1000's of FF's faithful in the same group that I'm in .....What exactly would we need to do?...

whip

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 6:06pm | Post# 79

You have got to be fucking joking me!! I am lost for words....
So was I until I got going properly.

SteveHopwood Nov 14, 2011 6:09pm | Post# 80

Steve,
I've been a fan, follower, contributer and hopefully a pal for a good long while.... For the 1000's of FF's faithful in the same group that I'm in .....What exactly would we need to do?...

whip
Email Twee and tell him to stop being so bloody silly.{Email Address Removed}

Should be a public email addy, so no worries about posting it here.

And yes, you are a pal and will be one of the private forum invitees, should this become necessary.

© Forex Factory