Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Broker Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/74-broker-discussion)
-   -   Any MIG users? Different candle close times between MIG demo and MT4 demo? (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/32027-any-mig-users-different-candle-close-times-between)

forex778 May 31, 2007 10:54am | Post# 1

Any MIG users? Different candle close times between MIG demo and MT4 demo?

HI,

I wonder if there is any live or demo MIG clients here? I downloaded MIG demo and am also using StrategyBuilder MT4 demo and I compared the data on the 2 platforms and noticed a big difference in the candle closing price.

For examples, in the 4-hr chart on 05-31-2007, for the candle labelled 1200, the MIG demo closed at 1.9761 while the StrategyBuilder MT4 demo closed at 1.9782 (also at time 1200). I noticed that there are differences for all other candles' closing price between the 2 platforms. Though the candles show the same time, I believe there is a one-hour difference between the close of a candle and the forming of a new candle between the 2 platforms.

Would you let me know why it is like that and how can I fix it? It's summer time now but shouldn't both demos already take account of this? I found that it makes a difference using which demo to backtest as it makes differences in the backtest result.

Thanks.

nvwine May 31, 2007 2:41pm | Post# 2

MT4 brokers use different server times on their platforms. The prices shown for the current bar should be within a couple of pips regardless of the broker. But if you compare closed bars by time frame the price will be different because of the server time differences. You can not adjust the server time. You can switch brokers. Most brokers vary the offset for summer time. IBFX is GMT +0 for the entire year. Four hour candles are effected by the broker's opening time at the start of the week.

Concerning your question about MIG and SBFX, there would be a one hour difference in the time.
The following are for summer time. I hope my memory is correct on a couple of them.
MIG = GMT+2
SBFX=GMT+3
FXDD=GMT+3
Alpri =GMT+2
IBFX =GMT+0
North=GMT+3

WS168 Nov 7, 2007 9:54am | Post# 3

Why stop price feeder ?

3 Attachment(s)
Why they stop price feeder, from their server, while BIG news impact the forex market ?

Anyone can explain ?

Or maybe my platform hang ?

Please take a look at this screen capture !
There are lost price between 03:25 - 04:10 at 2007-11-07
Name:  071107_lost_price_gbpusd.gif
Views: 2260
Size:  13 KB
Name:  071107_lost_price_gbpusd_0325.gif
Views: 2279
Size:  19 KB
Name:  071107_lost_price_gbpusd_0410.gif
Views: 2337
Size:  18 KB

20neo Nov 14, 2007 1:08am | Post# 4

MT4 brokers use different server times on their platforms. The prices shown for the current bar should be within a couple of pips regardless of the broker. But if you compare closed bars by time frame the price will be different because of the server time differences. You can not adjust the server time. You can switch brokers. Most brokers vary the offset for summer time. IBFX is GMT +0 for the entire year. Four hour candles are effected by the broker's opening time at the start of the week.

Concerning your question about MIG and SBFX, there would be a one hour difference in the time.
The following are for summer time. I hope my memory is correct on a couple of them.
MIG = GMT+2
SBFX=GMT+3
FXDD=GMT+3
Alpri =GMT+2
IBFX =GMT+0
North=GMT+3

There are difference in the server time and which is very obvious as they are using different server times on their platforms. But as per your confusion there should be 45-60 minutes difference.

Harry20 Nov 15, 2007 1:17am | Post# 5

There are difference in the server time and which is very obvious as they are using different server times on their platforms. But as per your confusion there should be 45-60 minutes difference.

Difference could be there in server time but I do not think that it should affect much in trading. You just can not do anything with their times as they are already set.

M4X Dec 28, 2007 12:06am | Post# 6

Brokers start feed different

you may see a different feed coming in

here is one example
FXDD starts a New Daily,H4, H1, 15, ECT... at 5pm EST on Sunday
IBFX starts thenew Daily, H4, H1, 15, ECT... at 6pm EST on Sunday

which do you think is correct?????

the FXDD feed is correct if you ask me since the market is obviously starting a new day,hour,H4, ect.... at that start of the week
you will see a huge differnece in trading if you use brokers with different start times..

I can apply my EA on FXDD and get WAY differnt results than on IBFX

which is better??? its hard to say...
if it is an EA test it on 3 or 4 MT4 brokers and see what preforms better before jumping to the first broker you download

I suggest find what works for you and deal with it

Trader KGB Dec 28, 2007 12:32am | Post# 7

which is better??? its hard to say...
No it's not, not at all. And you already answered it. Any broker not using the 5:00pm open/close cycle is drastically deteriorating their data quality.

SeekingLight Jan 16, 2008 6:45am | Post# 8

About this...I tried via search, but I can't seem to find the old list of MT4 brokers on GMT+0 time. Already have IBFX, I need another one :/

Fast Brokers seems to have switched to FXDD instead for some messed up reason.

Moe Jan 16, 2008 6:52am | Post# 9

About this...I tried via search, but I can't seem to find the old list of MT4 brokers on GMT+0 time. Already have IBFX, I need another one :/

Fast Brokers seems to have switched to FXDD instead for some messed up reason.
they had to switch, they was an ib for fxlq and we know what happen to them.

SeekingLight Jan 16, 2008 8:19am | Post# 10

they had to switch, they was an ib for fxlq and we know what happen to them.
Ah, so they went from thieves to robbers

Real shame however, as their feed data updated well and wasn't offline as much as IBFX's

© Forex Factory