Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Symphonie Trader System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=315572)

xmess7 Jun 7, 2019 3:09am | Post# 18341

{quote} I had the similar issue whereby the original indicator with the original name was in my indicator folder and the Alerts EA in the expert folder Even if i drag the indicator onto the chart and then try to load the EA it still does the same thing {image}
Ok let me recompile it .
I will also test it to make sure that it reads the indicator in the correct folder.

My folder configurations are not the typical setup. So perhaps I thought I had the EA coded to read the indicator form the Indicator folder but perhaps not.

I'll have it done in a bit..

xmess7 Jun 7, 2019 3:16am | Post# 18342

1 Attachment(s)
EA UPDATE.

I recompiled it with the indicator in the INDICATOR folder. LOL

You can download it from this folder:
http://xm7.info/ea/symphonie/

Any issues please let me know
POST_WITH_SYMPHONIE ALERTS EA.txt

Lukass Jun 7, 2019 3:26am | Post# 18343

I have still the same problem...

xm7 in MQL/4Experts folder
Symphonie_Matrix in MQL4/Indicators folder

Lukass Jun 7, 2019 3:29am | Post# 18344

So I have that indicator as EX4 file…but I am missing the MQL4 Source file – could that be a problem? When I open the Editor, I cannot see Symphonie indicator there.

xmess7 Jun 7, 2019 3:45am | Post# 18345

So I have that indicator as EX4 file…but I am missing the MQL4 Source file – could that be a problem? When I open the Editor, I cannot see Symphonie indicator there.
nope you do not need the source file. you wouldnt know what to do with it LOL.

Strange
this is strange.

If you want we can do mikogo or teamviewer. I bet your just off.
I just tested the EA an indicator on another machine in europe (I am in the US) and no problems. I can see the EA working.

I made this video for someone else. But check it out. Maybe it will help
Inserted Video

xmess7 Jun 7, 2019 3:46am | Post# 18346

besides you would need to ask Evaluator for the source file.

Johannes7 Jun 13, 2019 10:36pm | Post# 18347

EA UPDATE. I recompiled it with the indicator in the INDICATOR folder. LOL You can download it from this folder: http://xm7.info/ea/symphonie/ Any issues please let me know {file}
It's working now with the updated file, thanks!

gsx45 Jun 16, 2019 9:58pm | Post# 18348

# Evaluator, in reference to post 15819, is it possible to obtain settings for time frame 1 week, analogously to the others in the table,? thanks

KingReason Jul 21, 2019 2:21pm | Post# 18349

2 Attachment(s)
Hi. New guy here. I have been insearch of the right platform to bring forth a thought I had over a certain indicator I onced used. Someone was kind enough to point me in this direction. I strongly feel that I may be in the right place. Its #Forexsignal 30.1 indicator which shows the highs and the lows of the market. It might be true that its an indicator long forgotten by traders but I somehow still see something in it. I am seeing how beneficial to many traders it would be if it was able to show(in the same way it does for the current time frame), also the state of higher time frames in that same window. I mean to make it function/work in like manner of the 4 TIME FRAME CCI indicator. It could also work with the period option that enables only the indicator itself to switch between time frames. I think in this way it will greatly help those who know what they are doing on the market and those who are able to swiftly adjust,find out levels where the market is greatly exhausted and is preparing/ready to change direction. Although it repaints,in my opinion,this indicator is very good at displaying lowest&highest points reached by the market(especially on higher time frames). I have been searching all over the internet for the source file for hours now but cannot find it. Maybe here,the experts in the coding field(if they are willing to spare some of their time),can help bring this thought to live from scratch.That is if they are willing and likes where my mind is at with this. If not,...not a problem either. It's just an idea,not the end of the world. I for one am familiar with how it works,so its not that much of a big deal to me. But the way I am suggesting here might make the job easier when analysing the market. Many thanks for the time taken to read my request. Whatever response is much appreciated.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture7.PNG
Size: 80 KB
Forexsignal30.1.ex4

story Sep 12, 2019 7:44pm | Post# 18350

I just want to trade with Sentiment, Emotion and Treadline, what's the best alternative? I used the packs from Post #1 but they don't have complete input.

Also, for 4.4h, am I the only one that cannot save a SET file? It's just missing.

Combz Sep 15, 2019 11:06am | Post# 18351

I've manually looked at trading conditions for the past 7 days. Here are all trades that would've been taken using the mechanical method. Below that is my analysis of this data.

EURUSD 15min Timeframe Trades
-----------------------------

1. Buy - WIN
Max Movement: 53 pips
Draw-down before max movement is reached: 1 pip

Aggressive Exit: +9 pips
Conservative Exit: +22 pips

Trade made during slow trading hours?: No
Does price action exist?: Yes

2. Sell - LOSE
Max: 0 pips
DD: 4 pips
Exit: -4 pips
Conservative: -2 pips
Slow hours?: Yes
Price action exists?: Yes

3. Sell - WIN
Max: 24 pips
DD: -4 pips
Exit: +8 pips
Conservative: 24 pips
Slow hours?: End of trading hours

4. Sell - LOSE
Max: 1.8 pips
DD: -4 pips
Conservative: -4 pips
Price action exists?: No

5. Sell - LOSE
Max: 1 pip
DD: -6 pips
Exit: -6 pips
Conservative: -6 pips
Slow hours?: No
Price action: Yes

6. Buy - LOSE
Max: +16 pips
DD: -7 pips
Exit: -1 pip
Conservative: +14 pips

7. Buy - LOSE
Max: 12 pips
DD: -1 pip
Conservative: -1 pips

8. Buy - LOSE
Max: 2 pips
DD: -5 pips
Exit: -5 pips
Conservative: -5 pips
Consolidation market

9. Buy - LOSE
Max: 2 pips
DD: -3 pips
Exit: -3 pips
Conservative: -3 pips
Note: Consolidation market

10. Buy - LOSE
Max: 9 pips
DD: 0 pips
Exit: -1 pip
Conservative: +2 pips

11. Sell - WIN
Max: 53 pips
Exit: 28 pips
Conservative: 42 pips
Note: Trending market

12. Sell - LOSE
Max: 3 pips
DD: -3 pips
Exit: -5 pips
Conservative: -5 pips

13. Sell - LOSE
Max: 38 pips
DD: -10 pips
Exit: -20 pips
Conservative: -15 pips
Trending + false breakout + Choppy

14. Buy - WIN
Max: 26 pips
DD: -34 pips
Exit: 28 pips
Conservative: 9 pips
Trending upwards

15. Buy - WIN
Max: 45 pips
Exit: 20 pips
Conservative: 20 pips
Slow hours?: Yes (for entry)

Statistical Analysis

Scenario 1
Using mechanical strategy + aggressive exit (wait for 2 color changes)
Win/Lose Ratio: 5:10
Total Trades: 15
Win rate: 33.3% (LOW)

-Profitability-
Total Winning Pips: 93 pips
Total Losing Pips: 53 pips
Total Overall Pips Gained: +40 pips
Avg. Lose: -5.3 pips
Avg. Win: +18.6 pips
Risk/Reward Ratio: 1:3.5 (HEALTHY)

Trading days: 7 days
Avg. Trades a day: 2.14 (GOOD)

Overall Rating (1-10): 5

Scenario 2
Using ONLY conservative exit (wait for 1 color change to exit)
Win/Lose Ratio: 7:8
Total Trades: 15
Win rate: 46.7% (BETTER)

-Profitability-
Total Winning Pips: 133‬ pips
Total Losing Pips: 46‬ pips
Total Overall Pips Gained: +87‬ pips (BETTER)
Avg. Lose: -5.75 pips
Avg. Win: +19 pips
Risk/Reward Ratio: 1:3.3 (HEALTHY; SAME)

Avg. Trades a day: 2.14 (GOOD)

Overall Rating: 6

Scenario 3
Using ONLY conservative exit + taking trade only when Price Action exists
Win/Lose Ratio: 7:4 Total: 11
Win rate: 63.6% (BEST)

-Profitability-
Total Winning Pips: 133‬ pips
Total Losing Pips: 24‬ pips
Total Overall Pips Gained: +‬109 pips (BEST)
Avg. Lose: -6 pips
Avg. Win: +19 pips
Risk/Reward Ratio: 1:3.16 (HEALTHY; SAME)

Avg. Trades a day: 1.57 (BELOW AVERAGE)

Overall Rating: 8

From looking at the numbers it’s clear that the 3rd strategy is best for the Sympthonie trading indicator. This is a good indicator system but by itself it lacks in the win percentage rate. So essentially the trader must use manual analysis to determine trend + price action in order increase the win rate percentage to an acceptable level. You can try turning this indicator into an EA using the 33% win rate but imo you will just have a revolving door of making profits (due to the risk/reward being 1:3) but then during periods of market instability and multiple consecutive losses the profits will drain, and the EA will be trapped in the common cycle of going through ups and downs and over the course of many years end up in a overall loss. Manual analysis is super simple and only takes a few minutes. Once you apply it to this indicator you'll see a huge difference, jumping from 33% to 63% win rate. Combined with a 1:3 risk/reward ratio the Sympthonie system is a great, long-term sustainable trading solution.

Here are the main points from looking at this sample data:
1. You can't take every trade in this system. Only trades that are confirmed with price action.
2. Only take trades that are in trending markets or breaking out.
3. To confirm trending markets use trendlines, channels, and higher/low & lower/high along with using price action to gauge breakouts.
4. Also only use conservative exits (when the bottom indicator changes color, start looking for an exit).
5. This system works best in trending markets, not in consolidation zones.
6. Risk/Reward remains the same among all strategies so the goal is to increase win rate and maintain it above 60% for long-term sustainability.
7. Most of your money will be made in trending markets to capture as many pips as possible.

Hope this helps!

aprendice Sep 24, 2019 7:39am | Post# 18352

{quote} Hi andonFree. It has already been attempted. The EA is in post https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...86#post9685186. I looked at the code and whomever coded did a good job. BUT, only the simple mechanics of reading the colors of the all the elements was coded intro the EA. The approach requires several more things that you can find as you read the thread. Sometime, LOL, whenever I finish my current projects I plan to take a shot and program some of the other approaches that are missing. They will be integrated into...

It has perfect take this strategy on EA , i will be waiting xmess7

aprendice

Rivilearner Nov 8, 2019 6:09pm | Post# 18353

The system looks promising, anyone still trading this strategy?

Rivilearner Nov 19, 2019 7:28am | Post# 18354

I couldn't go through all the post but I noticed one thing the system has gone through a lot of transformation which I don't know if the strategy still uses the original indi posted on #1 including the rules.
So many modifications. So my question is what is the best indi and is ithe system still profitable?
what are the new rules of any
Rivilearner

adrazz Nov 19, 2019 1:46pm | Post# 18355

I couldn't go through all the post but I noticed one thing the system has gone through a lot of transformation which I don't know if the strategy still uses the original indi posted on #1 including the rules. So many modifications. So my question is what is the best indi and is ithe system still profitable? what are the new rules of any Rivilearner
all systems are profitable it all depends on how you use them.

Celal Nov 23, 2019 9:58am | Post# 18356

Hi,

Can anyone help me to find attached files of Symphonie trader system for MT5. Because we must use MT5.

Rivilearner Nov 24, 2019 4:56pm | Post# 18357

Here is some additional Statistical information that I was building as a database that may provide some useful analysis for those who have been asking about trading in different timeframes. Interesting stuff and since the trials ends, I thought it a good idea to pass this information on to all who were interested. Remember, I traded strict Symphonie rules and only in those timeframes. {image}
I want to ask, is 5min TF the best time according to the stats presented on #9553, (answer preferable from those that have traded it)

Celal Dec 1, 2019 11:40am | Post# 18358

Hi Evaluator,
Can you suggest any indicator that I can use instead of sentiment ind.and emotion ind. that I can find Mt5 code in indicator library.

© Forex Factory