Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Symphonie Trader System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=315572)

realjumper Oct 13, 2011 8:20pm | Post# 1481

Absolutely! Love RSI. What page is your post on? I would be interested in checking that out too.
I think the discussion covers a couple of pages, and there is a screenshot of my stoch settings as well, but the explanation and charts etc start here

distantpulse Oct 13, 2011 8:25pm | Post# 1482

I think the discussion covers a couple of pages, and there is a screenshot of my stoch settings as well, but the explanation and charts etc start here

Yep, very similar to the way RSI works except with the stoch, it shows direction of the movement. I like!

poppy Oct 13, 2011 10:17pm | Post# 1483

Indicator reverting back to default

Could some one help please,
when i refresh my screen to confirm a spike the line thickness changes on the cycle , bulls n bears indicators. This means each time i have to reset to my likings.
Can i permanently change some thing somewhere to keep them how i like it,

Thnks
poppy

sakhan_nph Oct 14, 2011 1:07am | Post# 1484

Possible modification to TRY ONLY: (not a permenant change)

I have been testing modifications on the Extreme Cycle Indikator to improve robustness of the indikator. I have discovered the below modifications can/possibly make to your Extreme Indikator improve repaints and results.

I suggest you place another Extreme under your existing setup and compare the results to see if it works better for you.

Here are modifications I am running on added Extreme Indicator to current setup.

PriceActionFilter...
New modifications on page 81 is better. I have back-tested on EUR/USD TF M30 from 09/2009 -> present.

Thanks!
Hau Nguyen.

sneid Oct 14, 2011 4:40am | Post# 1485

possible to trade effectively

Hi all, is there a possibility to use 1min and 5min chart of the same currency side by side to lookout for best entry and maximum exit point?

Although 1min chart may be less reliable but somehow at least you do not have to give back all the profits initially made while waiting for 5min trendline to change color.

Has anyone thought of this way for example, 1min to enter, 5min to stay on trend and 1min to exit effectively? Or other alternatives?

Hi Eval, for your bolingerbands, is it a guide for you to stay on the trend? As in when the prices are above the middle SMA20, then you maintain the buy position until price closes below SMA20? Have not seen any discussion on the bolingerband which you implement inside the template cos I've read 10 over pages of thread only, hehe...

iqyu5an Oct 14, 2011 4:41am | Post# 1486

my view in GU : http://www.forexfactory.com/attachme...6&d=1318580894

sneid Oct 14, 2011 4:49am | Post# 1487

symphonie trendline indikator

Hi Eval, I noticed when I click the initial symphonie template on 1st post, your trendline indikator settings are CCI period = 63 and ATR period =18, however later on page 5 of the thread (I think), you have clarified the settings are CCI period = 50 and ATR period = 5, now which one of the 2 settings in the above are you using?

1st one tend to be less sensitive than the 2nd one, is that right??

Which one actually performs better?

realjumper Oct 14, 2011 5:00am | Post# 1488

Hi all, is there a possibility to use 1min and 5min chart of the same currency side by side to lookout for best entry and maximum exit point?

Although 1min chart may be less reliable but somehow at least you do not have to give back all the profits initially made while waiting for 5min trendline to change color.

Has anyone thought of this way for example, 1min to enter, 5min to stay on trend and 1min to exit effectively? Or other alternatives?

Hi Eval, for your bolingerbands, is it a guide for you to stay on the trend? As in when the prices are...
I think the answer to your question is probably 'if it works for you, then do it.' There's no reason why you couldn't use the M1 charts to get an early warning for the M5 charts.......in the same way that the M5 can be used to give an early warning for the M15 charts, and so on. My personal feelings are that the M1 would give as many false warnings as it would give accurate warnings, simply because the shorter the timeframe, the less reliable the PA becomes. But if it works for you, then it's good. For me, I can't go under M5.

iqyu5an Oct 14, 2011 5:37am | Post# 1489

1 Attachment(s)
Naked Analysis-EU
Click to Enlarge

Name: pvjj40.gif
Size: 12 KB

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:44am | Post# 1490

I am loving this system!! Thanks for sharing it! I generally stay far away from the forums, but I just stumbled upon this system this week. I am a decent technical analyst and I'll always use that when trading, but I wanted to develop more of a day trading model like this. I have already brought in quite a few pips with it. I have added the THV RSI on a 7 period 80, 20 and when the extreme spikes in correspondence with the RSI overbought (Sell) or oversold (buy), look out! It almost never loses.
distantpulse,

I am glad you are trading successfully using the Symphonie System. Thank you for your posts and comments.

eval.

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:47am | Post# 1491

http://i53.tinypic.com/15nwzrm.jpg

If you notice the THV RSI going oversold on the 1st and 3rd examples, that is the best time to place the trade, but I am not sure how many "repaints" were involved? Either way, it's still very solid to get you at least to break even in the trade using trailing stops. Nothing is 100% however. lol. Having said that, I would stick to the original rules of the system and use the RSI as another tool until further testing. I am testing how effective the extreme spike + RSI is at the moment. I will let...

distantpulse,

RSI is a very useful tool. The some of indikators use rsi to come up with values for determining signals. May I recommend Stochastics as a good indikator that may provide alittle more stability than just strickly RSI? You may like that one as well.

eval.

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:48am | Post# 1492

Thanks very much for the chart and explanation. I use the Stochastic Oscillator in the same way you use the RSI.....it just adds another layer of confirmation to the decision process......but I rate the Stochastic very highly.....as I'm sure you do the RSI. A few pages back I explained how I use the Stochastic and you and I are more or less on the same page.

realjumper,

i see you got there before me. I also recommended Stochastics also...

thanks realjumper.

eval.

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:50am | Post# 1493

New modifications on page 81 is better. I have back-tested on EUR/USD TF M30 from 09/2009 -> present.

Thanks!
Hau Nguyen.

sakhan_nph,

thanks for the feedback.

eval.

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:57am | Post# 1494

Hi Eval, for your bolingerbands, is it a guide for you to stay on the trend? As in when the prices are...

sneid,

Thanks for your questions. I would recommend NOT using 1 min. because it is co highly volitile it causes the idikators to be unstable. I would suggest using in 5 min or greater timeframes.

I use bands just as a guide to let me know where price action is taking the market to determine is the action going parabolic which is typical of an ending movement or is it turning at a midline of a movment. Bands I use just as a guide with no specific meaning other than that.

As to SMA. I use a 50 day sma as I am testing how it can work in coordinations with Symphonie. No real opinion as of yet but it does seem to have some interesting properties when looking at its correlation to trendline. (i.e. crossings) You may want to experiment with 50day SMA and overlap over Symphonie and look at trendline/sma crosses.

happy trading.

eval

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 5:59am | Post# 1495

Hi Eval, I noticed when I click the initial symphonie template on 1st post, your trendline indikator settings are CCI period = 63 and ATR period =18, however later on page 5 of the thread (I think), you have clarified the settings are CCI period = 50 and ATR period = 5, now which one of the 2 settings in the above are you using?

1st one tend to be less sensitive than the 2nd one, is that right??

Which one actually performs better?
sneid,

post#1 has the latest and greatest settings. i keep that document up to date.

yes. 50 5 was the original settings but was deteremined that 63 18 was more stable so settings were changed to the 63 18.

eval.

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 6:41am | Post# 1496

1 Attachment(s)
ACCOUNT Statistics Report - WEEK 4

As I have done for the past Friday, I am posting my weekly Account Statistics Report on the Account that I opened when I began this thread.
Four trading weeks ago, I started this thread and I setup a trading account with 3k the same day (19 September 2011) to strictly trade by the rules defined in this system. This was done in effort to prove this system.

I have tried to be open and honest about all the particulars of this system; posting all orders (good and bad) that I have made on that account. I have followed the Money Management rules using ARS, Order Account Balance Protection, and the Entry and Exit Strategies that are defined in Post #1.

I hope you will take a look ALL the Account Statistics reports and compare. I think this demonstrates that trading this system can be done successfully if you stick with it, keeping consistant in your trading method and practices.

For this past week, I have traded in the 30 min timeframe and as you can see the account is flat for the week. Meaning at the end of the week the account is near the balance at the start of the week.

This week we traded in the 15 min timeframe; while all trades were successful, (no loosing trades) the market has acted in a consolidation pattern that did not allow for many trades. As you can see the Thread Account has continued to increase (about 14% increase) the results are not as dramatically as the preveous weeks. That is to be expected as the balance of the account grow that will lessen the total percentages of growth. (ex. 1 to 2 is 100% increase but 2 to 3 is only 33% increase)

I expect that with the G20 and various downgrades in Europe and USA the market has been hesitant to pick a direction and so we wait on the catalyst that will detremine market direction to form.

Again, I hope you find these reports informative; as always all stat reports can be found on post #1 (links) or by searching the thread.

Trade well,

Evaluator
Click to Enlarge

Name: Account Statistics Report week 4.jpg
Size: 139 KB

FxHope Oct 14, 2011 7:16am | Post# 1497

1 Attachment(s)
Evluator thank you, it look a very good system.
Click to Enlarge

Name: symphon.gif
Size: 26 KB

Mrsaini Oct 14, 2011 7:18am | Post# 1498

Best Possible Seeting For 30M Chart.

Hello Eveluator,

Thanks you so much for this great system. I donaloaded it uesterday and started testing it on demo.

but i dont wanna use it on 5M chart, so i am looking for the best possible settings for all the indicators for higher timeframe mainly 30M chart.

Please help me with this, I really appreciate it..

Thanks
Pawan

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 7:18am | Post# 1499

Evluator thank you, it look a very good system.

FxHope,

thank you for your comment. i hope you find helpful in your trading.

eval

Evaluator Oct 14, 2011 7:19am | Post# 1500

Hello Eveluator,

Thanks you so much for this great system. I donaloaded it uesterday and started testing it on demo.

but i dont wanna use it on 5M chart, so i am looking for the best possible settings for all the indicators for higher timeframe mainly 30M chart.

Please help me with this, I really appreciate it..

Thanks
Pawan
Mrsaini,

Thank you for your complement. I hope you find Symphonie improve your trading.

eval

© Forex Factory