Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Symphonie Trader System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=315572)

Seabreeze Mar 2, 2012 11:13am | Post# 7301

I understand! Good confirmation method there! Do you still enter on the 5m timeframe?
Yeah I enter on the 5m but will be look at 15m also next week..

Seabreeze Mar 2, 2012 11:15am | Post# 7302

I'm with you Yelena. I'm loving this system and getting more comfortable using it, little by little. The recent updates to the matrix, signals and your insight are making it a wonderful way to trade.

Thanks to everyone who spends their precious time contributing to this thread. It's become a great place to hang out.

Have a restful weekend everyone.

PB
Glad you making some pips

Have a good weekend

dakuki Mar 2, 2012 11:44am | Post# 7303

Exteme Spike Multi Timeframe

1 Attachment(s)
Hi!

Found this indicator as an overlay to the Extreme Spike indicator. It apparently looks at multi-timeframes! But it re-paints too. Anyways, here it is...

Would be nice to get an opinion about it from some of the pros here
!MT4 X-CYCLE-MTF.mq4

xicecube Mar 2, 2012 1:04pm | Post# 7304

And I bet you that the ratios those computers use are based on the same ratios and fib points....Also, it really does not matter because you can calculate almost to the pip the past two years market movements and they tie perfectly to those very Elliot ratios and fib retracement levels.

But as I said before...your posts make me think you are a ''glass is half empty'' kinda guy.

Evaluator.
No, I am a realist who has been trading for a living for more than 12 years and has seen it all. You will understand one day.

dumplin_eater Mar 2, 2012 1:07pm | Post# 7305

Great trading Yelena, I cant believe you traded the news. I was only able to take 2 trades today, one at BE and the other(AUD/USD) for 30 pips. Thus my weekly running total so far is 252+30 = 282 pips
Okay i ended up taking 92 - 15( for a stupid entry at 1.3200) = 77 pips off EUR/USD.
Also took 59 pips of EUR/JPY and 35 pips off AUD/USD for a total of 171 pips today. Weekly running total of 282 + 171 = 453 pips or approx 30% growth in my account. To say this is my best week ever would be an understatement. Long may it continue.

-Ian

yelena Mar 2, 2012 1:24pm | Post# 7306

i wont paste my old trades coz you will ask me again why i did what i did.(some of the positions i took where experiments of applying pivots and S&R - i will share them when i have sufficient experience to share)

if you want to better understand the trades made click my name and scroll down. im running a demo account named pareto. the entry positions are there. open both your M5 and verify if you received a signal around that time in M5. if you dont have a log, get a copy of the LFH simulator and run M5 to see if signaler 1.7 (signals not matrix) provides you the same signal as the positions i took.

on your static H1, check where the arrow is and where it is pointing to.
for those who want to try my system, you'll need my template, signal 1.7 and RJ's arrow. (click on the paper clip, upper right hand corner. or upper left hand corner, in the Google Search bar within FF,type 'symphonie arrow.ex4' and scroll - exercise your fingers coz we're already giving you entry, exit and u even have a signaler, walk the last mile)

remember:
H1 arrow
M5 signal (signal by 1.7 to the same direction as H1 arrow)
TP 10pips
SL (your discretion, i have my favorite)
use HA bars in the background of the chart to allow you to better judge whether a trend exists or not, and still see the candle behavior

never change the TF of the chart that houses signaler 1.7 so you dont get delayed signals.

pareto project is now designed to do this. but since i trade live and analyze, often i forget about him. he is yet to enter my habit.

i am yet to migrate to 1.9. if anyone has successfully mimicked the signals produced by 1.7 in M5 chart with settings 1,3,2 and 20,5, would you be so kind to post your template?

thank you.

read this post of mine 10x, especially the "remember" part. say it, say it loud so your heart and mind can hear it. so that is what they will do what you want them to do. everything you need to know is here.

do not over think. better yet do not think. but when you see long tails opposite the trend......... need i say more? allow the H1 candle bar to close to assess validity if it's a long tail that is opposite the current trend (yes, the other long tail re-inforces the trend )

trade with what you see not with what you think will happen. if you see a red down arrow, why in the world are you making a buy? take only high porbability opportunities. use MM all time. just in case its a reversal, you dont lose as much.

traders lose coz they have a "target." challenge yourself and make a solid target. 100 pips a day. put thresholds: 70 as horrible, 80 as okay, 90 as good, 100 as excellent. like school, like KPI's. trade like your life depended on it! better yet, trade and dedicate your results to someone you care/love/adore/ or your God - so that you will strive to be a lot better when you have delivered less than what you think he/she/it deserves to have.

if you have 2 losing trades - stop, stop, stop. close your unit. chill (no alcohol nor coffee) and talk to a friend (wall, dog, human, alter ego). come back only when you have a clear head. look at your H1 (dont bother looking at M5). then find the arrow and remind yourself where it is pointing at. then you will realize why you lost. sometimes, one exits prematurely due to unreasonably tight stop loss.

if a trend does not exist - why are you making one?

that's all happy weekend and trade well.

i was once preached "elementary, my dear." and it pierced so much that until now, i believe that there will always be more efficient ways of doing things.

i am a real newbie. i do not have any knowledge of anything in forex except what i have written here and time rendered to do simulations. but i think my reasoning is sound and logical. that's all i need to be.

Mackem10 Mar 2, 2012 1:28pm | Post# 7307

Anyone able to direct me to RJ arrow's indi? I have gone 30 pages with no success thus far.

Hope everyone went well today, I was only able to do the morning with little success or action. On another note, can anyone tell me if FXI pivots repaints throughout the day?

Spinemaligna Mar 2, 2012 1:35pm | Post# 7308

Post 6803 has the arrow file.

Ross

Mackem10 Mar 2, 2012 1:45pm | Post# 7309

Post 6803 has the arrow file.

Ross

Cheers Ross, appreciated.

rdwatkins Mar 2, 2012 2:16pm | Post# 7310

2 Attachment(s)
i am yet to migrate to 1.9. if anyone has successfully mimicked the signals produced by 1.7 in M5 chart with settings 1,3,2 and 20,5, would you be so kind to post your template?

thank you.
Here is a template for testing of Yelena approach with Signaler 1.9Beta.
!Symphonie TS Signaler v.1.9Beta [Yelena].tpl
Click to Enlarge

Name: yelena-signaler-1.9beta-screen-shot.png
Size: 26 KB

Mediator Mar 2, 2012 2:24pm | Post# 7311

i wont paste my old trades coz you will ask me again why i did what i did.(some of the positions i took where experiments of applying pivots and S&R - i will share them when i have sufficient experience to share)

if you want to better understand the trades made click my name and scroll down. im running a demo account named pareto. the entry positions are there. open both your M5 and verify if you received a signal around that time in M5. if you dont have a log, get a copy of the LFH simulator and run M5 to see if signaler 1.7 [b](signals not...
nice @yelena

i attached the 1.9 to 5m and checked the signals this week. i think the confirmation rows takes affect for the signal. if i switched them off the signal appears earlier then if i'm switched them on (not included the STOX, because there i know that this effect the signal) It is only a guess and i will verify this next week, when i run 1.9 simultaniosly. if i could have a look into the code i could tell it immediatly. hihi

But what i can say is, that it works like a charm. the autorefresher works perfect.

As a trading advice i would not blindly trade the ever first H1+M5 because it is often that all entry criterias are meet in H1 and when 5M meets too it is very late. wait for the first retrace and trade the second 5M signal as confirmation.

Nice Weekend

Mediator

CandleStar Mar 2, 2012 2:27pm | Post# 7312

@ Yelena

Hi Yelena,

I am impressed by your results, really.

Would you mind to post your template here, I would like to compare it with mine to see if I could improve something. A screenshot would also help.

Good luck for the future!!!

lhDT Mar 2, 2012 2:34pm | Post# 7313

i attached the 1.9 to 5m and checked the signals this week. i think the confirmation rows takes affect for the signal. if i switched them off the signal appears earlier then if i'm switched them on (not included the STOX, because there i know that this effect the signal) It is only a guess and i will verify this next week, when i run 1.9 simultaniosly. if i could have a look into the code i could tell it immediatly. hihi
Of course if you enable the Stocx as a trigger, you will only get a signal when the stochs are going the same direction as the signal.
Example : If H1 are blue, M5 are blue but stochs are going down you won't have a signal. If the stochs are going also up you will get a signal.

If you disable one of the confirmations, they aren't calculated. I mean the code function isn't called.

yelena Mar 2, 2012 2:49pm | Post# 7314

Here is a template for testing of Yelena approach with Signaler 1.9Beta.
thanks. i will post results.

was this awfully firing sell signals for EU and AU through out the trade earllier? like 27 sell signals for EU?

yelena Mar 2, 2012 2:53pm | Post# 7315

As a trading advice i would not blindly trade the ever first H1+M5 because it is often that all entry criterias are meet in H1 and when 5M meets too it is very late. wait for the first retrace and trade the second 5M signal as confirmation.
Sir Nick, you can. But just take 1 M5 signal per 1 H1 bar. if there's only 30mins left to the H1 bar, wait for the next H1 bar.

Mediator Mar 2, 2012 2:57pm | Post# 7316

Of course if you enable the Stocx as a trigger, you will only get a signal when the stochs are going the same direction as the signal.
Example : If H1 are blue, M5 are blue but stochs are going down you won't have a signal. If the stochs are going also up you will get a signal.

If you disable one of the confirmations, they aren't calculated. I mean the code function isn't called.
yes, the technic with STOCH i know. what i thought was, that the others are only for visibility.
that means it will also only show a short if price is below MA200 and the other 4 symphonies are also short biased?

rdwatkins Mar 2, 2012 3:03pm | Post# 7317

thanks. i will post results.

was this awfully firing sell signals for EU and AU through out the trade earllier? like 27 sell signals for EU?
Yelena,

Yes, it was constantly flashing sell. As the sinking Euro started its late day turn around (became tired) it was still sending sell signal on the M5. Seasoned traders who are accustomed to counting the "levels" would have recognized the third drop after consolidation and should have stayed clear.

BTW, congrats on your stellar results. I have yet to reach the "mind like water" state and believe your prior comments about not thinking may be the key to my turning the corner in my trading as well. Thanks for the advice and your generous sharing.

Have a great weekend all

Dyekid217 Mar 2, 2012 3:15pm | Post# 7318

I'm going to just trade the 1hr charts as I'm on the east coast of the US and staying up during all of london will kill me.

Would it be ok to use an opposite extreme for my exit strategy that way I will be able to take the large part of the move once I'm in a trade.

In a sense only checking my charts at the end of every 1hr candle

lhDT Mar 2, 2012 3:16pm | Post# 7319

Sir Nick, you can. But just take 1 M5 signal per 1 H1 bar. if there's only 30mins left to the H1 bar, wait for the next H1 bar.
True, but let's say your chart is on M5, as the signaler refresh your chart at every new bar (in this case, every 5min), the H1 signal will also be refreshed.

That works only if you set the CandleClose to false.

lhDT Mar 2, 2012 3:18pm | Post# 7320

yes, the technic with STOCH i know. what i thought was, that the others are only for visibility.
that means it will also only show a short if price is below MA200 and the other 4 symphonies are also short biased?
Indeed the other are for visual confirmation only, except the Stochs.

© Forex Factory