Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Symphonie Trader System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=315572)

camvcvoo Nov 19, 2011 11:17pm | Post# 2881

As MJ already said, my purpose is not to advertise another system but to emphasize what can be made with that fabulous system created by Eval.
Hi James (or you prefer javajames),

What you have just outlined is very realistic. The basic system by Eval is already awesome if you do nothing and just follow it like your religion. Sometimes experienced traders who like to incorporate their own trading styles with the system. I am totally in line with you, along with RJ and MJ. After all, just like buying Swiss mechanical watches, trading is very personal.

I was just looking at BBands or Gann HiLo for better entry just yesterday, besides looking at PA. I use PA setup with the very simple default BB and Stoch by MT4 for entry.

However, for the new kids on the block, please do your homework before really looking into the various setups as shown here. These different setups are not to confuse you but to show you how you can trade in various ways, with the fantastic system by Eval. You have to filter them by yourself to see if it fits you. Like i've said, this money in trading forex is the hardest easy money you will ever make.

Thank you for all experienced traders' effort in sharing your knowledge here.

Looking forward to another awesome week of countless pips!

Evaluator Nov 20, 2011 2:22am | Post# 2882

1 Attachment(s)
Symphonie Trader System
Signal to Signal Strategy

I have been testing this past week on an interesting strategy that I wanted to pass on to all in effort to provide a different perspective adding to the 3 strategies outlined in Post #1

I call this strategy the ''Signal to Signal'' strategy. Basically you are just following the Symphonie Signal for entry and only exit when you have a opposite Symphonie Signal that will complete a loop cycle by opening up an order in the opposite direction. In other words it is a looping pattern system of BUY-SELL-BUY-SELL-BUY-SELL. Only one order at a time.

I looked at the Signal to Signal Strategy in 5 min, 15 min, and 1 hour in the EURUSD for the past week.

5 min generated 30 orders in the looping pattern.
21 winning trade
9 loosing trades
608 pips profit

15 min generated 3 orders in the looping pattern.
3 winning trade
0 loosing trades
294 pips profit

1 hour generated 2 orders in the looping pattern.
2 winning trade
0 loosing trades
132 pips profit

While 5 min seems to be the most profitable, it is also the most work intensive and most frustrating because one must constantly monitor an the pips become very small per trade and require a great deal of time an energy to monitor. 5 min again is most prone to whipsaw pricing action.

15 min to me seems to be the optimal because it suits my trading style and only requires monitoring with little intensive work but the profitablility is lower but it generated no losing orders.

I have attached my weeks testing for you to research.

Good Luck.

Evaluator
Symphonie Signal to Signal Strategy Analysis.xls

ttaro27 Nov 20, 2011 4:05am | Post# 2883

Symphonie Trader System

I have been testing this past week on an interesting strategy that I wanted to pass on to all in effort to provide a different perspective adding to the 3 strategies outlined in Post #1

I call this strategy the ''Signal to Signal'' strategy. Basically you are just following the Symphonie Signal for entry and only exit when you have a opposite Symphonie Signal that will complete a loop cycle by opening up an order in the opposite direction. In other words it is a looping pattern system...
Too bad you didn't note the time of each signal, could be interesting to see how many losses would've been saved, and how many wins would be lost during dead period. With the time, each reader could check the signals of his own trading period, specially that it is impossible to trade 24 hour a day. But it is a lot of work, thank you for all your efforts Evaluator!

nicfx Nov 20, 2011 4:24am | Post# 2884

NEW Account Statistics Report week 3

As I have done for the past Fridays, I am posting my weekly Account Statistics Report on the NEW Account. Also, please remember that I am only trade EURUSD only in 15 min timeframe and only during EURO and beginning US market times.

Just as in the previous weeks it seems the market is stuck in a rut with EFSF, Greece, EuroZone debt crisis and now Italy bonds which are dominating the markets and leaving traders with no real market direction. We have continued indecision...

Excuse me Eval, how come you have FLOATING P/L -947,49 ?
Do you have an open trade that is potentially losing 947,49 ?
Do you usually leave open trades overnight? or over week end?
This doesn't seem to respect your system rules.
It's not a criticism, but only to learn more about your trading way.
Thank you

Evaluator Nov 20, 2011 3:47pm | Post# 2885

Excuse me Eval, how come you have FLOATING P/L -947,49 ?
Do you have an open trade that is potentially losing 947,49 ?
Do you usually leave open trades overnight? or over week end?
This doesn't seem to respect your system rules.
It's not a criticism, but only to learn more about your trading way.
Thank you

correct. at the time of posting the report there was an order open. i was testing somthing with the account and there were 2 open orders that were closed at the end of the trading week.

Evaluator Nov 20, 2011 3:49pm | Post# 2886

Too bad you didn't note the time of each signal, could be interesting to see how many losses would've been saved, and how many wins would be lost during dead period. With the time, each reader could check the signals of his own trading period, specially that it is impossible to trade 24 hour a day. But it is a lot of work, thank you for all your efforts Evaluator!

too bad you can not go back to the dates and look it up yourself. come on....use some brain power. all you have to do is set up a history and go back to the dates and find where the signals match. this is not rocket science. after all i gave you the dates and the price points.

ttaro27 Nov 20, 2011 5:25pm | Post# 2887

too bad you can not go back to the dates and look it up yourself. come on....use some brain power. all you have to do is set up a history and go back to the dates and find where the signals match. this is not rocket science. after all i gave you the dates and the price points.
Sorry you take it that way, my post wasn't to criticize you in any way!

Evaluator Nov 20, 2011 6:15pm | Post# 2888

Sorry you take it that way, my post wasn't to criticize you in any way!
i know it sounded hard but i think if you re read your comment it does sound alittle picky. at least to me it sounded that way. to go back and record the exact time just seems crazy to me when i give you the date and price that the signal occured.

Amanda2 Nov 20, 2011 8:27pm | Post# 2889

Symphonie Trader System

I call this strategy the ''Signal to Signal'' strategy. Basically you are just following the Symphonie Signal for entry and only exit when you have a opposite Symphonie Signal that will complete a loop cycle by opening up an order in the opposite direction. In other words it is a looping pattern...
Thanks, I have always wondered about whether it is possible to trade from cycle to cycle, spike to spike. Now, not only I know that it possible, but the 5 minute is the most profitable. I do wonder why the 1-hour TF does not fare so well. 132 pips over 5 days is kinda average.

tufei Nov 20, 2011 9:20pm | Post# 2890

Evaluator, I am a little confusing with your new method. Do you mean you only open the new trading, but not close them? if so, do you also set stoploss? Thanks
Symphonie Trader System

I call this strategy the ''Signal to Signal'' strategy. Basically you are just following the Symphonie Signal for entry and only exit when you have a opposite Symphonie Signal that will complete a loop cycle by opening up an order in the opposite direction. In other words it is a looping pattern system...

jmflukeiii Nov 20, 2011 9:30pm | Post# 2891

Symphonie Trader System
Did you do this in real time?

realjumper Nov 21, 2011 1:15am | Post# 2892

Symphonie Trader System

Interesting study Eval.......I have done a similar thing before.....several times, although not on this system. I forget the numbers off the top of my head, but I did a M15, H1 and H4 study on the Hull indi......talking a long or short whenever the indi changed colour and closing the previous trade. On the M15 it did suffer from whipsaw sometimes, but over a month period it was profitable. I seem to recall that H1 was the most profitable.

Doing the same study with my Arrow ini also produced good results on the H1 and H4......you really need to keep the test running for a month or more to ride out the whipsaw and the losses, which will be relatively small. Once you have one decent trend of several hundred pips, then you're on your way to easy trading and profitable trading.

It requires a fair amount of capital to get this thing off the ground though....but once it's flying, it's hard to lose.

Edit: Of course it's more profitable if you can manually open and close the trades, but if you had the capital, the auto trading way would still show a profit

MaryJane Nov 21, 2011 1:27am | Post# 2893

Symphonie Trader System
so you are basically always in the market, taking signals without any discretionary selectivity. it can work a week, it can work a month, it will work as long as there's enough volatile moves in the given timeframe.

i will put an EA together this week so we can check how it did in the past.. it will help to discover market conditions that the system doesn't like. and be prepared when they return. they will.

..the real thing: the EA will act as a signal aggregator/alert and interactive trade manager for manual trading (i will adapt my own management EA..). basically the EA will offer you a trade and you'll be able to take the trade with a single keystroke or click. not a robot but a tool making the mt4 much more comfortable, with its own user interface. all trading will be possible without even touching the Terminal or the Order Window.. from the entry thru management till exit. it will also work in strategy tester as a comfortable sim. it will not be for everyone because it will allow/manage only one position per pair at a time.. because that is the way i want to trade any system/method. i got sick of averaging losers in the past, not because of losing the shirt (i won more than lost) but because it's a waste of time.. and i'm not that advanced yet to be able to pyramid (add to a winner) in intraday moves effectively.. so i have decided for myself: one trade at a time, i'm right or i'm out. but that's everyone's choice. ppl with same approach and philosophy will enjoy the EA. if everything goes well i'll post it next monday. pls wait with your wishlists until it's out and you'll see what it does and what it doesn't. thx for patience.

camvcvoo Nov 21, 2011 1:38am | Post# 2894

i will put an EA together this week so we can check how it did in the past.. it will help to discover market conditions that the system doesn't like. and be prepared when they return. they will.

because it will allow/manage only one position per pair at a time..
Will be watching very closely

After years of trading, more like gambling to me, i share the same view like in the market or out, with ONLY one position.

Many thanks to your effort MJ.

realjumper Nov 21, 2011 1:39am | Post# 2895

so you are basically always in the market, taking signals without any discretionary selectivity. it can work a week, it can work a month, it will work as long as there's enough volatile moves in the given timeframe.

[size=1]..the real thing: the EA will act as a signal aggregator/alert and interactive trade manager for manual trading (i will adapt...
That will be interesting MJ.....my hunch is that the longer the timeframe, the better the results.......although I could be wrong because I have never done a super long study on the theory.

Evaluator Nov 21, 2011 1:54am | Post# 2896

[size=1]..the real thing: the EA will act as a signal aggregator/alert and interactive trade manager for manual trading (i will adapt...
MaryJane,

Good Luck. Just remember that the EA will need to treat repaints as new signals. I would like to know your results.

Eval.

Evaluator Nov 21, 2011 1:56am | Post# 2897

That will be interesting MJ.....my hunch is that the longer the timeframe, the better the results.......although I could be wrong because I have never done a super long study on the theory.
realjumper,

I would imagine that the longer timeframes will be more stable than the 5 min. the problems that I had with 5 min especially with the uncertainties of the past fews weeks is that whipsaws kill the 5 min making it no really feasable for a human because you would need to be at your computer 24/5 which is not possible and stay healthy.

eval.

realjumper Nov 21, 2011 2:05am | Post# 2898

realjumper,

I would imagine that the longer timeframes will be more stable than the 5 min. the problems that I had with 5 min especially with the uncertainties of the past fews weeks is that whipsaws kill the 5 min making it no really feasable for a human because you would need to be at your computer 24/5 which is not possible and stay healthy.

eval.
Yes, that's right.......we trade to live....not live to trade!!

MaryJane Nov 21, 2011 2:16am | Post# 2899

Will be watching very closely
Hah! Sounds like Noda!! Pls be patient as he was with USD/JPY it can take a week but it can take two (not three i hope). i have a solid basis in my trade manager so i know i can almost promise that.
That will be interesting MJ.....my hunch is that the longer the timeframe, the better the results..
right, daily should be the best.. real trends are in the daily TF.. but you'll get very few trades. shortening the TF, the trade count will increase more than linearly (not exponentially though) and the spread hindrance gets harder to beat. i won't anticipate the results but i'm rather skeptical. yes, it will be interesting, i will test it with real tick data and spread (dukascopy since 2007), and it will be fun to watch in the visual tester; the ea will tell you what's doing/waiting for/considering etc. can be an interesting development.
MaryJane,

Good Luck. Just remember that the EA will need to treat repaints as new signals. I would like to know your results.

Eval.
OK and thanks yes the repainting will be treated right, just as a trader would do, per basic rules. i will post the results and some video as soon as I get it together, plus the ea and a pdf how to set it up and do own testing / training / trading.

jurn_e Nov 21, 2011 2:52am | Post# 2900

OK and thanks yes the repainting will be treated right, just as a trader would do, per basic rules. i will post the results and some video as soon as I get it together, plus the ea and a pdf how to set it up and do own testing / training / trading.
Like +1

© Forex Factory