Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Symphonie Trader System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=315572)

ttaro27 Nov 18, 2011 12:08pm | Post# 2861

2 Attachment(s)
M5
This is a screenshot of the template and the template is below. It is evaluator's template with the adds of arrow from real jumper, heikenashi, cci custom candle and williams percent range.

Maybe RJ could move the arrow a little further from the candles.

Since I modified the template, I renamed it.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Purrint001.jpg
Size: 220 KB
symphonie trader basic v2 template(mine).tpl

plig Nov 18, 2011 12:14pm | Post# 2862

100 pips back to work
!!! THANK YOU MR EVALUATOR !!!

Thanks a lot MJ.

But there are many blue spike in the history...When do you exit on trade? and why?

CandleStar Nov 18, 2011 1:44pm | Post# 2863

@ Rahmi

The bars change colors with the trend. Some time ago I know a questioned was asked about the possibility of this. That why when I found it I posted it.
Change chart to line chart the load then indi if you are interested. If not let it fly. No sweat...
Sorry Rahmi,

but you indy does nothing here -

In fact no color, only the candles get thicker.
Absolutely no color change.

I have a 5 digit broker, could this be a reason?

Geges Nov 18, 2011 1:51pm | Post# 2864

Thanks MJ

doing my work on pc, i didn't shutdown the damn mt4
i could not resist when i saw it.. 1/2 closed @40p

compression trade, one of the finest things, rare but very reliable counter trade.. here in eur/usd confluence of supply (nicely seen on h4 - see chart below), round number + r2 pivot, but the supply is the crucial element, that's where bounces and pullbacks are terminated.

perfect explanation here.. thx KennyZ and redsword11
Many Thanks for your continued posts MJ...I learned alot from this one.

Evaluator Nov 18, 2011 3:12pm | Post# 2865

1 Attachment(s)
NEW Account Statistics Report week 3

As I have done for the past Fridays, I am posting my weekly Account Statistics Report on the NEW Account. Also, please remember that I am only trade EURUSD only in 15 min timeframe and only during EURO and beginning US market times.

Just as in the previous weeks it seems the market is stuck in a rut with EFSF, Greece, EuroZone debt crisis and now Italy bonds which are dominating the markets and leaving traders with no real market direction. We have continued indecision in the marketplace. The thread account has been mostly flat this week as 15 min has not really afford me many opportunities during the trading hour I have monitored the market.

However, I think we should see some form of break to the upside or the downside next week that will decide the market direction of the rest of 2011.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NEW Account Statistics Report week 3.jpg
Size: 139 KB

Evaluator Nov 18, 2011 3:16pm | Post# 2866

Thread keeps moving forward!!!.......

Since my last post about visititation (7 days ago) this thread continues gains of 18%!!!

(see post #150 , post#658, post#1164, post #1508 , post #1751 , post #1987, post #2257, and post #2551))

A big HUG and Kiss to everyone ...

Thank you for visiting this thread. It is my sincere hope you find it instructive and helpful to your trading.
PLEASE PLEASE please....keep it up with the comments, ideas, and teamwork.

Evaluator.

(please do not forget to rate)

P.S. Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

Rahimseven Nov 18, 2011 3:38pm | Post# 2867

Line chart

Sorry Rahmi,

but you indy does nothing here -

In fact no color, only the candles get thicker.
Absolutely no color change.

I have a 5 digit broker, could this be a reason?

You have to change it into a line chart befor you add this indicator. it wont show over bars or candles.

If it cannot be used then trash it...

Peace

realjumper Nov 18, 2011 5:44pm | Post# 2868

1 Attachment(s)
I'm using a slightly different entry set up on the M1 charts. I haven't got time to explain it now because dinner will be on the table in a minute, and then Frankie and London will open. My M5 set up is here and I'll type up an explanation for the M1 charts over the weekend and post it here
The M1 set up.

I explained this via email to someone else this week, so I have copied the relevant details and included them in a MS Word file that is inside the attached zip file. I have also included 4 screenshots that are explained in the Word doc.....and I have included the template and the indies. You probably have the indies anyway because they are from page 1.....some of them may have been renamed by Eval though because I got these indies before he changed the name to Symphonie.

Also, I have zoomed in on the PA so that you can see what I'm doing a bit more clearly (I hope), which makes the charts look a bit messy.....but the important details are more easily seen.

As with any trading......this is no holy grail.....but it's the way I trade M1 charts.....Demo it for a while and see how you go.

RJ
m1.zip

Teresh Nov 18, 2011 6:50pm | Post# 2869

The M1 set up.

I explained this via email to someone else this week, so I have copied the relevant details and included them in a MS Word file that is inside the attached zip file. I have also included 4 screenshots that are explained in the Word doc.....and I have included the template and the indies. You probably have the indies anyway because they are from page 1.....some of them may have been renamed by Eval though because I got these indies before he changed the name to Symphonie.

Also, I have zoomed in on the PA so that you can see what...
Extreme Spike and Symphony Spike jump like a flea, as on the basis of this exit?

realjumper Nov 18, 2011 7:53pm | Post# 2870

Extreme Spike and Symphony Spike jump like a flea, as on the basis of this exit?
As I've said.........many, many times on this thread you can not trade this system or any system without knowing how to trade. The only people you see crying about repainting spikes are those who think they can download a system, follow the system and make money. That is not so. A system is a tool just the same as any other tool in forex trading.

You simply MUST know about pivots, fibs, candles and how to read them, candle formations and how to interpret them, support and resistance zones and many other things.

There is NO SYSTEM that will hold your hand and teach you how to trade.

Each of the 4 charts in the zip file has an obvious exit.......the spike is purely coincidental......I do not exit because a spike tells me to.......the exits are OBVIOUS......if you can't see why.....STOP TRADING right now because you are going to lose your money........

realjumper Nov 18, 2011 7:55pm | Post# 2871

NEW Account Statistics Report week 3

As I have done for the past Fridays, I am posting my weekly Account Statistics Report on the NEW Account. Also, please remember that I am only trade EURUSD only in 15 min timeframe and only during EURO and beginning US market times.

Just as in the previous weeks it seems the market is stuck in a rut with EFSF, Greece, EuroZone debt crisis and now Italy bonds which are dominating the markets and leaving traders with no real market direction. We have continued indecision...

Nice job Eval........the total is adding up very nicely

bobowang Nov 18, 2011 9:08pm | Post# 2872

impressive...need to read it this weekend

distantpulse Nov 18, 2011 10:09pm | Post# 2873

As I've said.........many, many times on this thread you can not trade this system or any system without knowing how to trade. The only people you see crying about repainting spikes are those who think they can download a system, follow the system and make money. That is not so. A system is a tool just the same as any other tool in forex trading.

You simply MUST know about pivots, fibs, candles and how to read them, candle formations and how to interpret them, support and resistance zones and many other things.

There is NO SYSTEM that...
I couldn't agree more.

MaryJane Nov 18, 2011 11:27pm | Post# 2874

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks a lot MJ.

But there are many blue spike in the history...When do you exit on trade? and why?
Hi plig

i usually don't exit on spikes (especially in m1 or m5) but at 'obvious' levels like fibs, round numbers, S/R, S/D and when candles tell me.. check RJs above post and the doc in zip, he does the same in his personal way. For example, he uses sma5, i use lwma8 for the same thing but even if there's a close above/below it's not a rule set in stone - it's only a partial 'signal' that weighs with other 'signals' and every other aspect of price behaviour.

Re the last trade - exit at 1.3500, that is a big round (psych) number, a bounce was almost certain - and yes, the price stalled there till the close. And as Eval points out, there is complete indecision in the market so it was wise to book the profit in the middle of the range.

As RJ said, there's really no purely mechanical way to trade this system, especially when it comes to exits. Otherwise an EA would already trade for me! But an EA, however it would profit on this move, would be beaten to death in tight chop. Learn as much as you can about price action. "Reading Price Action Bar By Bar" (Al Brooks) is not easy to read but it's the best single book i would recommend. But there is a lot of great threads about PA here in FF, this thread is a gem when it comes to short timeframe price action.. if anybody likes my charts and comments, they'll love Sho's charts (excuse his english pls).. btw the thread starter (Sho aka trade price) has been ridiculed, the thread put into the Rookie section.. then he got some 100V from some of the most seasoned traders here.. the thread is built from gold nuggets. *)

And if you want to apply the spike exit rule, i have a simple advice for you: if you enter on M5 or M1, gauge the strength of the move and if it's strong (moves a lot in no time), look for an exit in M15.

Because even the Symphonie exit strategy would give you the same exit point. If you look at the M15 timeframe, the first extreme bottom was exactly around that level!

---------------------------------------------

*) a note to Eval: i'm not advising another systems here, only pointing to PA resources complementing this wonderful strategy. PA and market structure knowledge takes any system to a higher level. Even you are applying it, even unconsciously, as a result of >5 years of screentime behind you. And many congrats to you great consistent results
Name:  m15exit.png
Views: 3946
Size:  17 KB

itsallover Nov 19, 2011 7:16am | Post# 2875

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for a few days now - trying to digest the system.

First of all, a massive thankyou to all contributors here - your indicators and knowledge that you share on here is really appreciated.

I hope to start posting some trades from next week.

fxpreach Nov 19, 2011 11:43am | Post# 2876

who are you mister?
nice profile pic

i will try it on 5M monday

javajames Nov 19, 2011 12:41pm | Post# 2877

My system in harmony with Symphonie

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

My first post here, and of course all my thanks and congrats to Eval and some other good contributors....

This post is to show how I trade with Symphonie, and my own tools.....and my knowledge and experience (7 years forex)....not to say I'm the best (of course I am ) but to bring some contribution to that great thread.

I choosed November 15th to illustrate my "harmony symphonie system", as some here had difficulty to win pips on that special day.....and I made 219 pips with my system on M15.....

As MJ already said, my purpose is not to advertise another system but to emphasize what can be made with that fabulous system created by Eval.

VL1 (vertical line 1) 8:30 GMT open short trade cos all my conditions are met:
1. Trendline red (Symphonie)
2. Combined Emotion Sentiment red (Symphonie)
3. Bbands red (Harmony)
4. HMA red (Harmony)
5. BWPR<-50 (Harmony)
At this moment I didn't care about cycle, as previous spike was too far away..... but usually it's my 6th condition

VL2 11:45 Trailing stop @ TrendLine level, reasons are:
1. bottom spike on previous bar
2. Combined ES yellow
3. Semafor shows spot level 2 (blue)
My TS is hit on next bar: +41 pips

VL3 15:45 new short trade cos all my 6 criteria are met

VL4 16:30 did nothing despite bottom spike on previous bar BUT Combi still red and Semafor shows Level 1 (brown)

VL5 18:30 did nothing again: top spike on current bar BUT Bbands still red, so we stay with our trade and our SL stays on Husky Price Channel @1.3573

VL6 ADDING to my short position cos all my criteria are met and Trendline indy moved from blue to red AND HMA crossed below Trendline, confirming donw trend......ChooChooo South train is loaded.....and ready for its journey......

23:15 last look at my screen, before going to bed.....moved TS on HPC

VL7 7:20 opened my PC, saw bottom spike AND Semafor showing spot Level 3 (magenta), so moved quickly my TS on Trend line @1.3453......which was hit a few minutes later

RESULT: 41+178=219 green pips.....wish every day would be the same....

So I hope you understand how I trade now using Symphonie and Harmony....according to my swing trading style....as I've been doing for several years now....
Btw at 23:15 I hesitated about closing my trade before sleep....but for me fundies were clearly favouring bears......

GL everyone with your trading
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2011.11.15.jpg
Size: 182 KB

MaryJane Nov 19, 2011 1:45pm | Post# 2878

This post is to show how I trade with Symphonie, and my own tools.....
Looks really good i like how the BBstops and the channel (looks like Donchian to me?) keep you in the move and filter the countermoves with no follow-through. Will setup a chart and take a glance at it tomorrow.. definitely worth a look, letting good entries run really far is my weak point #1 i think. thanks for inspiration, good to have you aboard

javajames Nov 19, 2011 1:54pm | Post# 2879

Looks really good i like how the BBstops and the channel (looks like Donchian to me?)
Thanks MJ for your comment.....and I also have to thank you for your generous and brainmoving contributions....keep on the good work and I wish you all the best with your trading.....
As for the channel it's a Husky Price Channel....yes not so different from Donchian.....which I also have been using

Have a nice evening.....as it's now for me

Agoronaoka Nov 19, 2011 2:57pm | Post# 2880

Hi everyone,

My first post here, and of course all my thanks and congrats to Eval and some other good contributors....

This post is to show how I trade with Symphonie, and my own tools.....and my knowledge and experience (7 years forex)....not to say I'm the best (of course I am ) but to bring some contribution to that great thread.

I choosed November 15th to illustrate my "harmony symphonie system", as some here had difficulty to win pips on that special day.....and I made 219 pips with my system on M15.....

As MJ already...
Thanks For your contrebutoins to Symphonie system, great works. Please can you sent the indicators that make up your system and the setup, thanks for the good work

© Forex Factory