Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/137-interactive-trading)
-   -   AUD/CHF (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/308584-audchf)

forexstrah Jul 10, 2012 2:17am | Post# 41

Hoping for a nice pullback before re-entering long. I think this sucker is going to blow through parity soon. Any one else agree? Or disagree?

Rtm Jul 10, 2012 8:32pm | Post# 42

Totally agree. Im loaded @ .99895, just waiting to take profit just above where all the stops are building up.

forexstrah Jul 10, 2012 11:59pm | Post# 43

Urgh....why wont this one pullback for me?? It just keeps grinding higher....it is so hard to not jump in on a small position...but to do so would be suicide because if we get a pullback I reckon it will go quite a few pips. I am praying for a pullback soon.....I am losing patience!

eliteincome Jul 11, 2012 12:18am | Post# 44

Any info US/CHF

Gidday Traders

I went LONG as a hedge,EUR/US
An short US/CHF
Been doing small trades between dips on both sides.
I had a look,this pair has not up here for well over a year
Thought no way will it climb,wrong wrong wrong.
Still keep thinking they will intervene,normally sits 96000,now 98000
I will be more than happy to get out off this trade.

nishantforex Jul 12, 2012 3:35am | Post# 45

2012 Top

1 Attachment(s)
I think this is 2012 TOP for AUDCHF

lets see how far it goes up if it does.
Click to Enlarge

Name: chart.gif
Size: 25 KB

Taigen Jul 16, 2012 4:11pm | Post# 46

It appears that we may be...

entering into a trend change. These are usually a bumpy ride for a few days so I'm usually cautious with my positions. Often I'll cost average in. I've position a short a couple times this week and closed both in the green. Have to wait and see what happens.

feelmypecs Jul 18, 2012 10:51am | Post# 47

It seems to have broken up out of the channel its been in since the 12th. From here (130) up until 150, its facing a pretty major historic price privot zone. Id say theres good potential for a break from this bullishness soon.

Taigen Jul 19, 2012 10:00am | Post# 48

I positioned at...

.0148, .0159, and 0213. Now it just a waiting game. It's gone up almost a 1000 pips without a retrace. It would be nice if it started the downturn soon. We'll see what happens.

forexstrah Jul 23, 2012 12:14am | Post# 49

.0148, .0159, and 0213. Now it just a waiting game. It's gone up almost a 1000 pips without a retrace. It would be nice if it started the downturn soon. We'll see what happens.

What is your target? Looking at the weekly this puppy needs a retrace before heading towards the all-time highs (if it is going to test them). I have been waiting for a decent pullback....it has been a long wait.

Taigen Jul 23, 2012 1:05pm | Post# 50

What is your target? Looking at the weekly this puppy needs a retrace before heading towards the all-time highs (if it is going to test them). I have been waiting for a decent pullback....it has been a long wait.
You and me both. From .92 to 1.02 is a long way up.

I'm looking for a 50% retracement as I always do. I usually bail before I get there. The problem is the tops. This is the second hit to the top and who knows where that is. This is the problem for those who get in before the indicators say its safe. The Hull MA and the EMA on my daily hasn't even crossed over yet so it is, in my view a high risk strategy to position when guessing the tops but I did it anyway. A few of my positions have already got stopped out. The second PA went beyond it's previous high so I consider that as not good but who knows it could go down a couple hundred pips.

A safer trade would be to wait until the indicators do a crossover. All my positions right now are at zero stops so I won't lose anything.

Taigen Jul 24, 2012 3:48pm | Post# 51

The indicators are...

wobbling in and out and all over. That's what I hate about a trend change on the daily chart but it is what it is. I'm guessing the Linear Regression crossover on Exponential Moving Average will take place somewhere in the .99xx to .98xx. If this is the top, then the retracement should be ~.9750.

Awp Shout Jul 26, 2012 8:49am | Post# 52

1 Attachment(s)
Profit
Click to Enlarge

Name: audchf.gif
Size: 14 KB

Taigen Jul 26, 2012 9:33am | Post# 53

The Chart says it all...

Profit
If it can break the .0150 resistance it could be the beginnings of a downtrend. My LR and Hull MA just crossed over which in itself does not represent a downtrend but the transition into one. We will have to wait and see.

ovaforty Jul 27, 2012 8:52pm | Post# 54

1 Attachment(s)
long entry @ 1.0135
tp @ 1.0240

This pair has been been trading the direct opposite of eur/usd the last 2 days.

I shorted eur/usd @ 1.2388 and tp'ed at 1.2300 at the same time i took this position. 1.2400 eur/usd is very well defended by big banks at this time. That is the reason for major moves late friday.

I am holding this position over the weekend with +3 pips locked in.

Edit- I use this pair as a "savings account". Once the S.L. is at break even there is no safer place to park a small amount of your money. I am not in this position for pip gain, merely interest accrual for as long as it holds.
Do the math. 15 dollars per day swap interest (IBFX) equals 105 dollars a week, or 420 dollars a month interest on a full lot position with no risk after b/e stop is in place.
S.L. @ 1.0338.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud chf.gif
Size: 30 KB

stevefx Jul 29, 2012 1:22am | Post# 55

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like some stopping power/challenges shortly overhead.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ac1.jpg
Size: 140 KB

forexstrah Sep 11, 2012 12:31am | Post# 56

Time to Long??

Anyone see any long possibilities?? Thanks in advance.

holmes Sep 11, 2012 12:41am | Post# 57

Anyone see any long possibilities?? Thanks in advance.
not a bad idea.

forexstrah Sep 19, 2012 7:02am | Post# 58

Been watching that weekly....aching for a long. Daily is now starting to look nice too.

When to pull the trigger??

forexstrah Oct 17, 2012 4:31am | Post# 59

This baby is totally lagging the AUD move in other pairs.....wonder if she will finally roll over for us?

Amelia Nov 15, 2012 3:39am | Post# 60

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, my today analysis as below. Hope you can gain more pips from it.

On Daily we now have a nice juicy bearish candle that engulfing the last 5 days candles. We now set our trailing protective stop @ 0.9853 and look for Target 1. At Target 1 if you are happy with the profit then collect and look to rejoin short when price push up again.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 15 Nov bonus AUDCHF Daily.jpg
Size: 115 KB

© Forex Factory