Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pippo: A Murrey Maths Retrace EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=306988)

jonirrenicus Sep 16, 2011 2:05am | Post# 181

All,

I won't be continuing any work with Pippo.

Basically, having run it on test in various scenarios, eventually it "always" has you jumping through hoops to recover from massive drawdowns.

I know that plenty of you are comfortable with this no stop type of trading and recovery but it's not something I can trade.

I do believe that Murrey Math lines can work as S/R, just not in this format and it is likely that at some point, I will look to code something that uses them.

If anyone is interested in taking this forward, I'll post the...

Basically, having run it on test in various scenarios, eventually it "always" has you jumping through hoops to recover from massive drawdowns.

The truth is " all martingale systems fail ". They let the loss run and only seek for small profit or breakeven.

Can we turn this EA as a trend trader?

carolco Sep 16, 2011 2:19am | Post# 182

all martingale system fail

I must disagree here. Since im not a fan of martingale i think it is a perfect tool not to suffer a loss. But this is a personal choice and individual degree of view. If you use it blindly, then yes, you loose like with any other system.

I was very long with martingale because I thought this could be what i wanted: perfect mechanical system that never loose a penny. Then I realize that it could be but has two weaknesses: You need great balance (which I cant afford to risk) and fixed reentry zones are a big problem.

And here we are again. Martingale system or whatewer system fail if you fail. In other words you are the one who determines if your system will be profitable or not whatever system you use..

So thats my 2 cents...

erwal Sep 16, 2011 12:35pm | Post# 183

All,

I won't be continuing any work with Pippo.

I know that plenty of you are comfortable with this no stop type of trading and recovery but it's not something I can trade.

I do believe that Murrey Math lines can work as S/R, just not in this format and it is likely that at some point, I will look to code something that uses them.

If anyone is interested in taking this forward, I'll post...
So sorry to hear this. Please could you post the latest code, as I believe you were testing a version which didn't consume so much CPU resource?

I love Pippo (my favourite EA), but am restricted to trading just a few pairs live because of this issue. I'd love to be able to trade many more pairs to spread the risk.

I agree that sometimes the DD does get tiresome, but I find the key is to use very small lots for the account size so it never becomes a worry. Then, just as it's becoming an old friend and you're getting used to living with it, along comes a major move which clears out the DD.

Anyway, thanks so much for your work on this DC - V18 was a huge improvement and very visionary. I'll certainly follow you in the future

paul821c Sep 28, 2012 11:21am | Post# 184

little help

Hello Guys,
I read the posts and got lost regarding the settings. If you can give me some help of what settings you are using that would be great. im using the v18 ea.
Thanks,
Paul

bluepanther May 22, 2014 7:45pm | Post# 185

Any feedback on individual account progress or improvements on this EA (new settings or updates)?

thangnd.1211 Apr 14, 2017 3:35am | Post# 186

great EA, thank you so much

© Forex Factory