Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Extracted Thread (per thread starter's request) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=302007)

forexvegan Apr 24, 2013 8:10pm | Post# 6741

Yea I understand that the last line is all the settings. For instance the first number is the time frame, the second number is box length, 3rd number box range, 4th number box buffer, etc. All the numbers are the same when I try to get duplicate results to see how I can make it better but for some people they re able to change it to 13 vs the standard 45. Just wondering what the are doing different... Maybe it would help us all..

forexvegan Apr 24, 2013 8:12pm | Post# 6742

{quote} Hi Forexvegan, It is the "auto reduce CZ" option, I generally have it set to false. Cheers Ben
Awesome OZ, thanks. Is 79 the year you were born? We are the same age. Where from? Chicago here, I am Indian I take it your are Asian as well. Thank you friend.

forexvegan Apr 24, 2013 8:14pm | Post# 6743

ForexVegan - I am too actually. That last line is all code for Xux99 to help with debugging peoples problems when they are not showing the three panels, in other words, all their settings. It has no effect on what the indi is doing. It is just giving Xux info. Description bu FXH in post 5371
Thank you Altos for your positive reply.

oztrader79 Apr 24, 2013 8:19pm | Post# 6744

{quote} Awesome OZ, thanks. Is 79 the year you were born? We are the same age. Where from? Chicago here, I am Indian I take it your are Asian as well. Thank you friend.
no problems. Does Aussie count as Asian? ha ha probably not but I trade mainly through the asian session. I'm here in Canberra.

forexvegan Apr 24, 2013 8:48pm | Post# 6745

Nice, if you ever want to talk offline on an IM let me know? Can get boring some nights when I trade here hehehe. I have all the messangers

grimnokk Apr 24, 2013 9:18pm | Post# 6746

Trade from last night and one that just completed. Hard to turn down 60 pips.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...bpusdm15_7.png

Nothing special to this. Just took the order based upon the Indicator and let it run.

oztrader79 Apr 24, 2013 10:47pm | Post# 6747

Trade from last night and one that just completed. Hard to turn down 60 pips. {image} Nothing special to this. Just took the order based upon the Indicator and let it run.
Yes caught this one this morning too for 40 pips.

melodious Apr 25, 2013 12:43am | Post# 6748

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I just started trading this system and was fooling around with the settings on different timeframes. Take a look, of course hindsight is 20/20!Click to Enlarge

Name: eurjpyh4 screenshot.png
Size: 57 KB

grimnokk Apr 25, 2013 8:57am | Post# 6749

Hi everyone, I just started trading this system and was fooling around with the settings on different timeframes. Take a look, of course hindsight is 20/20!{image}
Interesting settings. I wasn't able to get those, but I also noticed that you are not using the most up to date Indicator. So between that and the different brokers should explain it. Those numbers do look good though.

SedonaPipper Apr 25, 2013 11:04am | Post# 6750

Hi everyone, I just started trading this system and was fooling around with the settings on different timeframes. Take a look, of course hindsight is 20/20!{image}
Why would you even think about putting a chart up and then ask for our opinion? What do you think our opinion is going to be? The real question is will you trade it? If so why and if not why not. Its your opinion that counts not ours. If you want help to learn how to trade SSBO you have to let us know what you're thinking and why.

melodious Apr 26, 2013 1:07am | Post# 6751

{quote} Why would you even think about putting a chart up and then ask for our opinion? What do you think our opinion is going to be? The real question is will you trade it? If so why and if not why not. Its your opinion that counts not ours. If you want help to learn how to trade SSBO you have to let us know what you're thinking and why.
I wasn't asking for anything, just wanted to share what I found in case anyone was interested. Most of the charts posted here have been 15m charts. And yes I will be trading the next set up with these settings.

Edit: I am sorry for offending you and polluting this thread, and wasting your time with my useless chart. I was excited about this system, and the powerful indicator. Thank you ForexHard and others for the countless hours you have put into this so that others may learn.

For the record, I have spent the last week reading this thread and using hand drawn boxes the get familiar with trading this system and am very excited about it's potential.

I am a new member to this thread and to forex factory, however I am not new to trading. I can recognize a good thing when I see one.

all the best

melodious Apr 26, 2013 1:21am | Post# 6752

{quote} Interesting settings. I wasn't able to get those, but I also noticed that you are not using the most up to date Indicator. So between that and the different brokers should explain it. Those numbers do look good though.
Thanks, I guess I will go find the newest indicator now.
found it, Cheers!

bbq101 Apr 26, 2013 1:56am | Post# 6753

{quote} Thanks, I guess I will go find the newest indicator now.
Here is a hint. Find one of ForexHard's posts, and you will find where the latest indi is located. Any of his posts will do.

BBQ

AltosTrader Apr 26, 2013 3:33am | Post# 6754

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody know where I can get an equivelant of this small trade manager used on the Vantage platform. I want one that can be used on any MT4.
Name:  mini terminal.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  28 KB

Traderduke Apr 26, 2013 8:04am | Post# 6755

ForexHard
Thanks for your great indicator. I primarily trade Renko charts. I was woundering if you could program the indicator to default to the Chart, that way it would default to my renko charts.

Thanks in advance

grimnokk Apr 26, 2013 8:41am | Post# 6756

Ok here is a lessons learned. Since all of my charts so far have been on the winning side, here is a loser for me. And what i did wrong.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...9c8a197972.jpg

Looks good in the picture yes? Problem being, I use a trade manager to manage my trades for me once I manually enter the first "Breakout" trade. What went wrong here, is a decimal point error in my trade manager lot sizes that I set. So with this set of trades, it went to recovery trade 2 and would have hit TP. But due to a decimal point error on my part when entering the lot size for recovery trade 2, I am now down $30 instead of up $6.

So lesson learned: Pay attention to what you are entering. Decimal points make a huge difference.

Even with this setback I am still positive for the week so I cant be to upset about it.

fx_forever Apr 26, 2013 9:10am | Post# 6757

Thanks to FX Hard, thanks to developpers of the indicator (i am using the 'old' one too).

I am in profit (+36% since february) and feel comfortable for the future.

Thanks to you guys !

SedonaPipper Apr 26, 2013 9:27am | Post# 6758

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I wasn't asking for anything, just wanted to share what I found in case anyone was interested. Most of the charts posted here have been 15m charts. And yes I will be trading the next set up with these settings.
WOW take a look at what I did. We can share all kinds of settings and come up with all kinds of interesting results. So what! You asked us to take a look at what you did. That's asking for something. I am sure you will be trading the next set up and probably bet the house on it because you have a garaunteed winner. Now this is not a pissing match because I don't care what you think of me. I care about this thread and to have a newbie come on and show off his shiney new toy is out of integrity with the thread. Next time show us the results of your trade and talk about how it felt when you were down 150 pips before going into profit. That's far more valuable to the thread than settings that produced a 100% winner or 6 million pips in 100 days.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ssbo retort.JPG
Size: 204 KB

forexdaist Apr 26, 2013 12:55pm | Post# 6759

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

This week I was busy, so I can't post in a while. For me, it was a bit complicated trading cable this week. Nowadays I looked some pips, so I'm happy and trying to perform better, and don't be afraid, I use to move TP and SL by the rushes of the market. This is not a good behaviour. Sure I can improve that.

I left you here posted two operations today on cable. First I was stopped out, and then reenter when it turns again up. Bought one lot. No martingale by the moment.

Have a nice good weekend!
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0426_gbpusdm15.png
Size: 103 KB

Armacom Apr 26, 2013 1:04pm | Post# 6760

Just something I discovered. If you trade GBP/USD and you don't know when to open your trading station, it's a good idea to check your charts around 8:00 - 8:30 AM GMT + 2:0. Often CZ are finished forming around this time and more important price often retraced back a little into the CZ without compromising the win ratio of the strategy. Entering the market with a few pips less to stop-loss at a same % of risked capital means a bigger R:R without touching your TP. Take a look around 8:00 - 8:30 if a new CZ formed take it at the break, don't wait for retrace, but often a little retrace took allready place without meaning that there is a higher probability of loss, would be a shame not to take this opportunity. I tested different inputs for bars en range, this phenomenon happens with most of them.

Just my 2 cents

© Forex Factory