Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Do-it-yourself alert builder kit (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=299520)

ngorst May 17, 2013 12:24am | Post# 121

Hanover! just wanted to throw a huge thanks your way. this thread made it so easy for me to setup and now be able to manipulate my indicators at will! priceless!

Anyhow, i resolved the 'integer input' problem that was discussed at one point, as i was working with the OsMA indicator the other day.

for those who want to know, its as simple as changing the code:

OsmaBuffer[i]=(MacdBuffer[i]-SignalBuffer[i])

to

OsmaBuffer[i]=100000*(MacdBuffer[i]-SignalBuffer[i])

obviously depending on the indicator you are working with. This changes the output from say 0.00054 to 54. so long as you recall this modification than you can use this template and insert this slight change in the code for any indicators that use small decimals.

peace

mariuslqd Jun 2, 2013 11:20am | Post# 122

3 Attachment(s)
Tried everything you wrote but doens't work really.

Want to try a new strategy and need one or two Indicators with alerts.

Murray math lines and an auto fibo.

Only got this without any errors, when I have the [altercandle] in it, it shows only errors.

Maybe someone could help me

These are the alerts I would like to have:
Murray Math Lines:
- 6/8 Reversal Major, 2/8 Reversal Major
- 7/8 Weak Stall & Reserve, 1/8 Weak Stall & Reserve
- 8/8 Ultimate Resistance and 0/8 Ultimate Support
- +2/8 Extreme Overshoot, -2/8 Extreme Overshoot

Also an auto Fibo indicator that uses zigzags and also low/highs:
and on the reverse side:

Inserted Code
// === Section 3: paste this code at the end of the indicator ================================================================================= //
                                                                                                                                                //
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+                                                                          //
int ProcessAlerts()   {                                                                                                                         //
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+                                                                          //
  if (AlertCandle >= 0  &&  Time[0] > LastAlertTime)   {                                                                                        //
                                                                                                                                                //
    // === Alert processing for crossover UP (indicator line crosses ABOVE signal line) ===                                                     //
    if (x1 > mml_clr[0]  &&  x1 <= mml_clr[0])  {                   //
      string AlertText = Symbol() + "," + TFToStr(Period()) + ": " + AlertTextCrossUp;                                                          //
      if (ShowChartAlerts)          Alert(AlertText);                                                                                           //
      if (AlertEmailSubject > "")   SendMail(AlertEmailSubject,AlertText);                                                                      //
      LastAlertTime = Time[0];                                                                                                                  //
    }                                                                                                                                           //
                                                                                                                                                //
    // === Alert processing for crossover DOWN (indicator line crosses BELOW signal line) ===                                                   //
    if (y6 < mml_clr[12]  &&  y6 >= mml_clr[12])  {                   //
      AlertText = Symbol() + "," + TFToStr(Period()) + ": " + AlertTextCrossDown;                                                               //
      if (ShowChartAlerts)          Alert(AlertText);                                                                                           //
      if (AlertEmailSubject > "")   SendMail(AlertEmailSubject,AlertText);                                                                      //
      LastAlertTime = Time[0];                                                                                                                  //
    }                                                                                                                                           //                                                                                                                                                //
                                                                                                                                                //
  }                                                                                                                                             //
  return(0);                                                                                                                                    //
}                                                                                                                                               //
                                                                                                                                                //
string TFToStr(int tf)   {                                                                                                                      //
  if (tf == 0)        tf = Period();                                                                                                            //
  if (tf >= 43200)    return("MN");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >= 10080)    return("W1");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >=  1440)    return("D1");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >=   240)    return("H4");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >=    60)    return("H1");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >=    30)    return("M30");                                                                                                            //
  if (tf >=    15)    return("M15");                                                                                                            //
  if (tf >=     5)    return("M5");                                                                                                             //
  if (tf >=     1)    return("M1");                                                                                                             //
  return("");                                                                                                                                   //
}                                                                                                                                               //
// ============================================================================================================================================ //
^MFP_MM Lines.mq4
CHT_AutoFibo_v0.6.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 32 KB

esanjayplaye Jun 4, 2013 10:13pm | Post# 123

{quote} Your request will likely get greater visibility by posting in one of the "I code your indicators for free" threads, but be willing to explain exactly how the VIX is calculated, because many programmers (myself included) probably won't know the formula.

Hello Sir,

Can you code and mt4 indicator like level trading 123, only one more addition/ change I need is that it can draw line/levels at swing points.

Hoping for help.

thanks

chinedu Jun 6, 2013 5:57am | Post# 124

2 Attachment(s)
HI, Please can someone help me to add arrow and alert on Inverse fisher transform of RSI indicator, the alert for buy is when it crosses -0.5 from below, sell alert is when it cross 0.5 from above. Thanks a lot in advance.
Inverse fisher transform of RSI.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: inverse fisher transform of rsi.png
Size: 64 KB

Jakson Jun 14, 2013 5:37am | Post# 125

1 Attachment(s)
anyone can enter an alert on this indicator every time he touches 0.0
Thank you.
SSRC.ex4

DrNoStopLoss Jun 14, 2013 2:25pm | Post# 126

Hi Hanover,

I tried to use the shell code mentioned in the first page for the Williams %R indicator, but it seems that I am screwing it up. Are you able to help me code it so that the indicator can send me an email alert or even better a notification to my MT4 mobile platform? The indicator would send an alert whenever it popped 80 or 20. I know this is very simple and easy, but I can't seem to get it right. Can you help?

bigbowboski Jun 18, 2013 7:26pm | Post# 127

Hi,
sorry to interupt but I need a little help with a small matter... I'm new to trading FRX, I'm using MT4, my charts are candle sticks with a bollinger band. I was told this site is riddled with geniuses, so i will ask the question?
I'm looking for an alert to load into my system, if possible the alert should only trigger when the green indicator breaks the upper band not the red and it should only trigger when the red indicator breakes the lower band not the green!!!

So if the red breaks the upper band no alert, if the green breaks the upper band an alrert is triggered.......
So if the green breakes the lower band no alert, if the red breakes the lower band an alert is triggered....
If there is a bit of software that can do this, or someone fancies a challenge, this would be great... oh can I please have the instructions how to load into my system if someone has this or cdesigns it. Many Thanks for any help you can give...
BBB..

seyola9 Jun 23, 2013 1:56pm | Post# 128

1 Attachment(s)
Hi hanover, I am a novice fx trader..I have tried to add alerts to the indicator attached below based on the instructions in page 1, but I can't..
The indicator displays a green arrow for buy signal beneath the closed bar and a red arrow for sell signal on top of the closed bar..
Please I want an audio alert whenever a new signal is generated....THANKSSS !!!!
Trend Arrows.mq4

jvbs Jun 24, 2013 5:29pm | Post# 129

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully I can make you understand what I want this time

I also ask that someone can help me and if not understand yet I need one more chance to try to explain again.
thank you very much
jvbs

Candle 1 - consider the first candle
Candle 2 - yes at the closing of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, 2 candle swallowed the body of candle 1
Candle 3 - here not to give any sign, because the market changes direction but there is no candle body swallowing 2
Candle 4 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and arrow, 4 candle swallowed the body of the candle 3
Candle 5 - here not to give any sign, the market does not change direction
Candle 6 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, 6 candle swallowed the body of the candle 5
Candle 7 - here not to give any sign, because the market changes direction but there is no candle body swallowing 6
Candle 8 - here not to give any sign, because the market changes direction but there is no candle body swallowing 7
Candle 9 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, 9 candle swallowed the body of candle 8
Candle 10 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, candle 10 swallowed the body of 9
Candle 11 - here not to give any sign, because the market changes direction but there is no candle body swallowing 10
Candle 12 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, candle 9 swallowed the candle body 11

Note: The indicator have to have the option to choose what time we want to analyze and be compatible with windows 7

Please go to my topic for more details about the indicator that I need
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=433363
Click to Enlarge

Name: print indicator engolf enumerado with sound signal and arrows.png
Size: 104 KB

seyola9 Jun 24, 2013 6:01pm | Post# 130

Hi hanover, I am a novice fx trader..I have tried to add alerts to the indicator attached below based on the instructions in page 1, but I can't.. The indicator displays a green arrow for buy signal beneath the closed bar and a red arrow for sell signal on top of the closed bar.. Please I want an audio alert whenever a new signal is generated....THANKSSS !!!! {file}

Please if there is also any other person that can help me out, I will be grateful !!!!

jvbs Jun 25, 2013 8:06pm | Post# 131

Hopefully I can make you understand what I want this time I also ask that someone can help me and if not understand yet I need one more chance to try to explain again. thank you very much jvbs Candle 1 - consider the first candle Candle 2 - yes at the closing of this candle to give the sound signal and the arrow, 2 candle swallowed the body of candle 1 Candle 3 - here not to give any sign, because the market changes direction but there is no candle body swallowing 2 Candle 4 - Yes the close of this candle to give the sound signal and arrow, 4 candle...
Hi .. you can come back to see my http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=433363 topic
I've been with Aristides in another forum and there he left this message (Hello all, I think I jvbs wants know what, I have it working on TradeStation MQL4 but I dont know (yet).

this pseudocode Should be good for a programmer:

If c [1]> o [1] then the prev_up_o = [1]​​;
If c [1] <a [1] = the prev_d_o then [1];
if c> prev_d_o then bearish;
if c <prev_up_o then bullish;

c [1] is previous bar close
c is current bar close

cheers,
Aristides.

It was very good that can already do this with the indicator that I need.
Thanks in advance
And a thank you very much if you can help me
jvbs

EaglePip Jul 1, 2013 9:23am | Post# 132

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Please if there is also any other person that can help me out, I will be grateful !!!!
Have added the Alerts. Attached here as jvbs thread is about a different indicator.
EP
TrendArrows_Alrt.ex4

seyola9 Jul 1, 2013 8:37pm | Post# 133

{quote} Have added the Alerts. Attached here as jvbs thread is about a different indicator. EP {file}

Thanks so much Eaglepip..let me test it..and pls what do you mean by EP ?

seyola9 Jul 1, 2013 10:01pm | Post# 134

EAGLEPIP Thanks so much..its working perfect...Please can you upload the new .mq4 file for me ? so that I can study the code you added and won't have to disturb you in the future if I want another alert added....

thanks

EaglePip Jul 2, 2013 1:50am | Post# 135

1 Attachment(s)
EAGLEPIP Thanks so much..its working perfect...Please can you upload the new .mq4 file for me ? so that I can study the code you added and won't have to disturb you in the future if I want another alert added.... thanks
Attached below.
TrendArrows_Alrt.mq4

seyola9 Jul 2, 2013 5:11am | Post# 136

{quote} Attached below. {file}

thankss eaglepip..am so greatful..God will make u bigger ...

john142 Jul 5, 2013 10:35am | Post# 137

Hi,
sorry to interupt but I need a little help with a small matter... I'm new to trading FRX, I'm using MT4, my charts are candle sticks with a bollinger band. I was told this site is riddled with geniuses, so i will ask the question?
I'm looking for an alert to load into my system, if possible the alert should only trigger when the green indicator breaks the upper band not the red and it should only trigger when the red indicator breakes the lower band not the green!!!

So if the red breaks the upper band no alert, if the green breaks the upper band an alrert is triggered.......
So if the green breakes the lower band no alert, if the red breakes the lower band an alert is triggered....
If there is a bit of software that can do this, or someone fancies a challenge, this would be great... oh can I please have the instructions how to load into my system if someone has this or cdesigns it. Many Thanks for any help you can give...
BBB..

ck.2x Nov 20, 2013 7:16pm | Post# 138

TI,s been a great tour glaring on craze good jobs, 2much thank to all the coders FF.
cheers.

Peachpro Nov 22, 2013 10:48am | Post# 139

Hello Traders, Coders and all others. Have question, Is it possible to add a alert to either ATR or any other indicator that measures range per candle. Example. I would like to have a indicator that measures range of 1 Hr Candle. If it is set to say 18. If at the close of the candle the range from high to low is 18 or less signal. If it is 19 No signal. I track 12 pairs and I am looking for conditions, This is a scanner perhaps so that I do not have to look at the pairs at the end of each hour. Thanks.

Peachpro

hanover Nov 22, 2013 11:50pm | Post# 140

Hello Traders, Coders and all others. Have question, Is it possible to add a alert to either ATR or any other indicator that measures range per candle. Example. I would like to have a indicator that measures range of 1 Hr Candle. If it is set to say 18. If at the close of the candle the range from high to low is 18 or less signal. If it is 19 No signal. I track 12 pairs and I am looking for conditions, This is a scanner perhaps so that I do not have to look at the pairs at the end of each hour. Thanks. Peachpro
Yes it is possible, although I suggest you post your request in one of the 'I code your indicators for free' threads, where other programmers are more likely to see it. I am too busy with other projects, to undertake any new programming work.

© Forex Factory