Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Do-it-yourself alert builder kit (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=299520)

jicssbr Feb 19, 2013 3:15pm | Post# 101

Wow, you're really fast, Hanover. It looks like you fixed everything just right. I'll see if the indicator displays a dialog box showing the FX pair I've placed it on. Thank you so much. I had tried to put in the coding you show on the first page of this forum, but I couldn't get the three bits of code to work correctly for me. Couldn't find the "Extern" section for starters. I told my wife how fast you had replied and she said to find out where you live so we can bring you a loaf of her home made bread or cinnamon rolls. =)

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help.

jicssbr

jicssbr Feb 19, 2013 3:44pm | Post# 102

1 Attachment(s)
Hanover, would it be possible to have you add the same alerts to a regular MACD?

Thanks again.

jicssbr
2line_MACD.mq4

hanover Feb 19, 2013 5:35pm | Post# 103

4 Attachment(s)
Hanover, would it be possible to have you add the same alerts to a regular MACD?

Thanks again.

jicssbr
Attached. Same instructions as for post #100. Requires same .mqh files.

Also attached: MACD trad colored. Plots MACD line, signal line, and multicolor histogram, using correct calculations (MT4's are incorrect). Set CrossoverType as follows:
1 = Histogram changes direction
2 = MACD line changes direction
3 = MACD line crosses signal line (always coincides with histogram crossing zero line)
4 = MACD line crosses zero line (horizontal axis)
More info here.

I must get on with some work that pays my bills now.

David
2line_MACD.ex4
2line_MACD.mq4
MACD trad colored.ex4
MACD trad colored.mq4

jicssbr Feb 19, 2013 7:35pm | Post# 104

Ok, thanks a lot, Hanover. Greatly appreciated!

jicssbr

jicssbr Feb 20, 2013 6:50pm | Post# 105

Hello Hanover,

I've been looking for an indicator that will display a popup alert and audio sound for a CCI and Moving Average cross. I found some coding that may help with this type of cross and was wondering if this is something you can do. Thank you Hanover.

jicssbr

Code:
CCI Moving Average Crossover System Test
Enter Long:
When( CCI( opt1 ) ,< ,Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ) AND
When( Ref( CCI(opt1),-1) ,>= ,Ref( Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ,-1 ) )
Enter Short:
When( CCI( opt1 ) ,> ,Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ) AND
When( Ref( CCI(opt1),-1) ,<= ,Ref( Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ,-1 ) )

Optimization Variables:
Opt1:
Min = 5 Max = 40 Step = 1
Opt2:
Min = 5 Max = 40 Step = 1

hanover Feb 21, 2013 6:22am | Post# 106

Hello Hanover,

I've been looking for an indicator that will display a popup alert and audio sound for a CCI and Moving Average cross. I found some coding that may help with this type of cross and was wondering if this is something you can do. Thank you Hanover.

jicssbr

Code:
CCI Moving Average Crossover System Test
Enter Long:
When( CCI( opt1 ) ,< ,Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ) AND
When( Ref( CCI(opt1),-1) ,>= ,Ref( Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ,-1 ) )
Enter Short:
When( CCI( opt1 ) ,> ,Mov( CCI( opt1 ) ,opt2 ,E ) ) AND
When( Ref( CCI(opt1),-1)...
Hi,

So I guess the MACD crosses that I coded didn't work profitably for you?

I'm sorry, but I don't currently have time to tackle more requests in this thread.

You might be able to find the indy you're seeking, or something similar, in one of the links here. Or you could try posting in one of the "I code your indys for free" threads.

jicssbr Feb 21, 2013 10:06am | Post# 107

The MACD indicators you made up for me are great. The CCI/EMA crossover is something I've been working on for a little while now. Thanks for all of your help, Hanover, and I'll try one of the other avenues you recommended. Take care.

jicssbr

hanover Feb 22, 2013 11:19pm | Post# 108

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Hanover,

jicssbr
Found some spare time during the weekend. Please try the attached.
--- Download the .mq4 and .ex4 files to your ..../experts/indicators folder.
--- Download the .mqh files (from post #100) to your ..../experts/include folder, if you haven't already done so.

To turn the arrows off, set ArrowSize=0. The alert parameters are explained in the 'OPERATIONAL NOTES' section in post #1.

Market is currently closed, hence I can't test the alerts. But it's the same code that I've used many times before, so they should work correctly.
CCI cross MA alert.ex4
CCI cross MA alert.mq4

qualm Feb 23, 2013 9:32am | Post# 109

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Hanover

How are you?Thank you so much for the thread..But unfortunately i know nothing about coding...I try to add an alert to that indicator with following your constructions but i am failed..I only can see alert option when i drag indicator to the chart but it doesnt alert....I know indicator got some problem about recalculating while the candle still in development progress but that's why i choose that indicator..With this problem it is more faster like i want..Also with that problem i can see potential reversal bar while it is developing....I don t use it in an EA or somethingelse i use it manual so when i see it failed it is oke i don t take it serious...I just need an alert when the arrows just shown up I mean at the same time...Sorry about my english..Hope i am clear enough...

Thanks in Advance
MyalertverReversalBars.mq4
ReversalBars.mq4

hanover Feb 23, 2013 11:53am | Post# 110

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Hanover .......
Hi,

Please note: this is a "do-it-yourself" thread. However, I'm willing to tackle some jobs, provided that the indicator fits the model outlined in post #1, and the programmer's code is easy for me to follow.

Try the attached. The alert parameters are explained in the 'OPERATIONAL NOTES' section in post #1.

Market is currently closed, hence I can't test the alerts. But it's the same code that I've used many times before, so they should work correctly.

David
ReversalBars.mq4

qualm Feb 23, 2013 3:34pm | Post# 111

Hi,

Please note: this is a "do-it-yourself" thread. However, I'm willing to tackle some jobs, provided that the indicator fits the model outlined in post #1, and the programmer's code is easy for me to follow.

Try the attached. The alert parameters are explained in the 'OPERATIONAL NOTES' section in post #1.

David
Voaw mate..I tested it with Vhands simulator and it works like charm...thank you very much for this..0 and 1 alarm candle option is so useful this is perfect...Belive me you help me a lot..Take care and good profit

4xPIPAHOLIC Mar 3, 2013 3:37pm | Post# 112

Try the attached:
--- Download the .mq4 and .ex4 files to your ..../experts/indicators folder.
--- Download the .mqh files to your ..../experts/include folder.

To turn the arrows off, set ArrowSize=0. The alert parameters are explained in the 'OPERATIONAL NOTES' section in post #1.
Hello Mr.Hanover,

Do you know if a zerolag Macd exists with an email alert?
If it does not and it is not a big head ache and you have the time can you please add one?

I would do it myself but it looks like I really am no good at this, tried a couple of times in the past.....

Thank you is advance

4x

hanover Mar 3, 2013 3:55pm | Post# 113

Hello Mr.Hanover,

Do you know if a zerolag Macd exists with an email alert?
If it does not and it is not a big head ache and you have the time can you please add one?

I would do it myself but it looks like I really am no good at this, tried a couple of times in the past.....

Thank you is advance

4x
Already done, twice, in the thread. Check post #1 and post #100.

4xPIPAHOLIC Mar 3, 2013 5:10pm | Post# 114

Already done, twice, in the thread. Check post #1 and post #100.
Thank you very much sir!

4x

Profitlimit Mar 4, 2013 12:41pm | Post# 115

Hello, can i please have the VIX (volatility index for MT4) for FX pairs?

hanover Mar 4, 2013 2:27pm | Post# 116

Hello, can i please have the VIX (volatility index for MT4) for FX pairs?
Your request will likely get greater visibility by posting in one of the "I code your indicators for free" threads, but be willing to explain exactly how the VIX is calculated, because many programmers (myself included) probably won't know the formula.

al-1852 Apr 12, 2013 9:51pm | Post# 117

Hanover:

just stumbled onto this thread ... I see again how much work you put in for us people, and how precise it is ...so, I will be returning to learn from this thread

BUT ... please tell me ... do you have a "commercial thread" here on this site ? .... I am not even sure how to find it ...

Take care, and thanks again for all the help on this and the other threads

Kat88 Apr 13, 2013 2:47pm | Post# 118

hiya,

im sorry anybody math skilled here?

there is Commodity Selection Index which was developed by Welles Wilde as a part of ADX system or directional system. originally its formula consists of the value of 1cent move or(as stated in Wilde's book- the basic increment of ATR index...)

has anybody ever tried to calculate and program this index??? or maybe somebody can help me to calculate the value move? too bad im not mathematician

thank you.

Darin72 Apr 19, 2013 7:11pm | Post# 119

1 Attachment(s)
Could anyone here please add an alert to the below indicator. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you
indicator07.mq4

dBo May 7, 2013 10:27am | Post# 120

I am not sure if this is even possible but please let me know...

I am just looking for an EA that i can attach to certain pairs using the 1 HOUR chart that will open trades. My thinking is that i will choose certain pairs to apply this EA too (depending on long term trend, s/r) every sunday and will close all positions on NY Close on Fridays.

DEFAULT STOP: 250 pips
DEFAULT TAKE PROFIT:300 pips

LONG POSITIONS: will open when Williams%Range (14) shows a -90 (candle doesn't have to close)
SHORT POSITIONS: will open when Williams%Range (14) shows a -10 (candle doesn't have to close)

Max Open Positions: 7

Default order size: 2% of Buying power (i would like to be able to set it manually)

..so i want to keep my EA working during the week and be able to check once or twice a day for a few minutes instead of being a slave to the 24 hour market that is FOREX haha.

thanks a million,

dBO

if any questions, be sure to send me PM or Email

© Forex Factory