Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/291622-trading-made-simple)

abdunbar Apr 25, 2011 10:16pm | Post# 41

just checking in.

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I set up a template using the supplied indicators and changing no settings. This is what my chart of the same pair, same time looks like.
It appears that my platform, FXCM, uses the open time of the bar and eelfranz uses the close time. My HA shapes are similar but not exact and my TDI and Stoch are roughly the same.

Archie
Click to Enlarge

Name: chf test.JPG
Size: 136 KB

bomman26 Apr 25, 2011 10:31pm | Post# 42

buy or sale?

how do you know wether to buy or sell using the tdi once the green line crosses the red line

Trucomallica Apr 25, 2011 10:34pm | Post# 43

This looks like it will get along with my daily life! Are you using any kind of stop loss or money management??

SlushFund Apr 25, 2011 10:45pm | Post# 44

This is a variation of Dean Malone's Synergy method which I trade. It's a good system. If you use both 5 ema's to create a channel a good place to put a stop loss is on the ema on the opposite side of the trade.

Sjr Apr 25, 2011 11:03pm | Post# 45

Congrats Big E on the new thread !!
I know its going to be really successful. I for one will be sticking around for some time continuing to learn from all the great resources available here , esp you !!

Cheers

SR

roundrock Apr 25, 2011 11:24pm | Post# 46

it would help if first post is updated with all the indicators used. thanks

rustynail Apr 25, 2011 11:25pm | Post# 47

Big E pm

Hey Big E,

I sent you a pm.

Rustynail

sree1 Apr 26, 2011 12:26am | Post# 48

stochoistic slope indicator

Hi,

Can this be reloaded please? I am not getting it as per the screenshots posted in sample files.
Also there is a mention of 8 pairs of currency charts for trading this method.If I could get the details of the pairs would be great.

Thanks in advance,

NB

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 12:31am | Post# 49

Rille... I would have entered one candle earlier.

HA candles average a 3-8 candle run in most cases when it reverses... That's why I want to enter on candle 1 or 2 if I see a set up. A single candle on the 4hr nets you 30-60 pips or more generally. If it goes 3-4 candles you've already made 80-150 pips.

When using Japanese candles you see up down up down and your stressed to the max during your trade... It's more calming to trade HA candles.

Numb3rs Apr 26, 2011 12:33am | Post# 50

Hi,

Can this be reloaded please? I am not getting it as per the screenshots posted in sample files.
Also there is a mention of 8 pairs of currency charts for trading this method.If I could get the details of the pairs would be great.

Thanks in advance,

NB
I put the old one back hope that fixed it. Sorry no mq4 file. see post 25

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 12:44am | Post# 51

Dean Malone @ www.compasfx.com trades a similar method but it's very conserative... to slow for me and I had to pass on a lot of pips using his rules and he trades 15 min charts which I don't like...

If you want the Original TDI Indicator and HA candle indicator (Average Price Bars) go to the site above. They are free downloads. You can remove what you want...

Dean invented the TDI... and I removed all the extra lines to make it easy to look at and trade... same thing with his Synergy charts... I kept eliminating all the extras until we got down to what I trade now... no fluff. His charts and TDI are too busy for me... I like simplicity... He doesn't use the TDI the same way I do either...

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 12:48am | Post# 52

Bomman,

Which direction to trade the TDI... Is it going up (long) or coming down (short)... that's the direction to trade.

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 12:51am | Post# 53

Tru...

I hate S/l trading. The safest way is to place your S/L at the last hi or low a couple of candles back... I've never had one taken out that way...

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 1:00am | Post# 54

A set up is NOT GREEN TOUCHING RED. Why? Many times green bounces back and the original direction continues. That's a bounce trade.

Wait for green to CROSS RED and open your trade at the beginning of the new candle... usually candle 1 or 2.

Catch the momentum...

sree1 Apr 26, 2011 1:00am | Post# 55

favourite pairs

Hi Eelfranz,

Do you mind suggesting the some of the favourite pairs for this strategy please? I am in toronto and would like to try this out as suggested by you earlier.

Thanks again,
NB

raz Apr 26, 2011 1:05am | Post# 56

Thumbs Up Big E

I am in the skype room as well, but excellent work here.

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 1:09am | Post# 57

I'm on a laptop that no longer allows me to post a chart on FF. I'll post a chart tomorrow showing you again a normal trade set up and a bounce trade... once you see it you'll have it down...

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 1:11am | Post# 58

Hey all you regulars... thanks for jumping in and helping out other trades new to our method...

Knez Apr 26, 2011 1:14am | Post# 59

1st Trading Chart... Note on the TDI showing your entry set ups... green crossing red enter on that new PA candle...

eelfranz,

could you please look at this chart taken from your post, and and let me know about the entry, please.

http://clip2net.com/s/UdaC

Thank you.

raz Apr 26, 2011 1:19am | Post# 60

Simple Entry Point

1 Attachment(s)
Enter always on a close to get full confirmation
Name:  ep point.bmp
Views: 15084
Size:  860 KB

raz Apr 26, 2011 1:23am | Post# 61

eelfranz,

could you please look at this chart taken from your post, and and let me know about the entry, please.

http://clip2net.com/s/UdaC

Thank you.

Did you see the pic I entered?

Knez Apr 26, 2011 1:26am | Post# 62

Did you see the pic I entered?

Yes. Thank you.

What is the yellow MA on the chart please?

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 1:31am | Post# 63

Sree1,

I'd say pick the charts you like to trade and understand their movements... breathing patterns...

I always like to have the E/U, G/U and A/U side by side on top plus one more chart. Those three charts tend to move together in the same direction. So if I see a set up on one I usually find a set up on one or both on the other pairs. I've made a lot of pips trading all three at the same time.

I usually include 2-3 Japaneese charts... a Usd/Cad chart. Always end up with 8 charts on one page.

Dean trades these on top...e/u, g/u e/j, a/u left to right and these below... left to right... u/chf, u/j, g/j , u/cad. Setting them up that way generally means the top chart is moving in one direction and the one directly below moves in the opposite direction...

bomman26 Apr 26, 2011 1:32am | Post# 64

hey raz

so if the green line crooses up look for a buy ?if it crosses down look for a sell is this correct?

ozziedave Apr 26, 2011 1:38am | Post# 65

Commercial Section

Not to be rude, but isn't this thread already well documented in the commercial section. Just looks like a re-hash if what is already there.

eelfranz Apr 26, 2011 1:40am | Post# 66

Raz...

Would probably been a small loss... we get them every here and there... everyone does no matter their method

SlushFund Apr 26, 2011 2:01am | Post# 67

Dean Malone @ www.compasfx.com trades a similar method but it's very conserative...
Yes I agree that he is conservative. I will follow your thread with interest.

broadsworduk Apr 26, 2011 2:21am | Post# 68

for clarification for newer people

Slushfund: Yes this method is derived from Dean Malones aproach using the channel. However, this thread is based on the experience of Big E who said he was losing too many pips getting late to the party waiting for channel and TDI midline crosses. Therefore he takes the TDI crosses as they occur. If you are a more conservative person you can wait until the candle closes above the 5 ema.

Kind regards
Ian

fredff Apr 26, 2011 2:25am | Post# 69

not a rehash

Not to be rude, but isn't this thread already well documented in the commercial section. Just looks like a re-hash if what is already there.
Hi Ozziedave
Many members of the original forum suggested to eelfranz that he set up a forum to focus on the 5 Method. Personally I would have preferred a name that included 5 method. The present name sounds too commercial and generic for me and it is anything but commercial as eelfranz has given unselfishly of his time to explain this method.

Also the 5 method has moved on slightly from where it started and so it is a good idea to have this new forum.

Richieg Apr 26, 2011 3:42am | Post# 70

Thanks

Thanks to all for their contributions to this excellent system!

Star178 Apr 26, 2011 3:50am | Post# 71

MiniCharts

6 Attachment(s)
Hi Big E,
I have read from you previous threads that you have to switch profiles/charts to view 40 charts, this is very tiring, so I am offering to readers a simplified methods to view the PA of the currency pairs.
Chart 1 is a bird's eye view of 28 currency pairs.
Chart 2 is your selective 9 currency pairs.
Chart 3 is a MTF for 3 currency pairs.
The templates are attached below, however you need to download the FREE version of pipware minicharts v3 from Pipware.com.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 28 currency pairs H4.jpg
Size: 128 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 9 currency pairs H4.jpg
Size: 93 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: 3 currency D1-H4-H1-M15.jpg
Size: 93 KB
minicharts 28cc h4.tpl
minicharts 9cc h4.tpl
minicharts 3cc mtf.tpl

AlexC Apr 26, 2011 4:25am | Post# 72

1 Attachment(s)
Took a long on the 2nd green candle. on an hourly chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 042611eu.gif
Size: 34 KB

prof8t Apr 26, 2011 4:36am | Post# 73

Also took th EU hourly trade as well. Using fib pivots for my exits instead of recommended exit strategy.

Forexcube Apr 26, 2011 6:03am | Post# 74

1 Attachment(s)
EURUSD, H1, 2011 April 26

DR1 1.4629 has been reached. IO swiotch through the timeframes (M5/M15/M30/H1/H4).

H4 has room further upside. If so then I would take one more short again.

Short @ 1.4620

...and will hedge further upsides at M5
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD, H1, 2011 April 26.jpg
Size: 334 KB

Forexcube Apr 26, 2011 6:09am | Post# 75

Merçi Eelfrance for this excellent work!

This System is simple, efficient & practicable.

...and the indicators don't slow down the PC processor.

Best regards
FXcube

whatfx Apr 26, 2011 6:27am | Post# 76

Entries and exits...

We Enter a trade when green crosses red on the TDI at the beginning of that candle... If it's candle 3 or more don't enter... find another trade set up. The only exception is if green bounces off red and continues... it's ok to re-enter on the bounce...

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Exit your trade when the green TDI line goes flat, starts to hook over...

you see the problem here is how do you decide if the TDI is just bouncing off or crossing ? do u actually wait to see a clear cross ? if so, by that time 2-3 candles may have already passed and too late to enter trade.

how do u identify ranging markets ? you will get slaughtered.

stop loss of range of previous two candles - what if this stop loss is too small ?

if you just use the TDI to enter snd exit, then i don nt see the point of having the emas and the other indicators on the chart ?

can u tell us the settings of the TDI and other indicators....

also can you post some results for at least 2 months live trades...

jeff75 Apr 26, 2011 6:43am | Post# 77

Entries and exits...

We Enter a trade when green crosses red on the TDI at the beginning of that candle... If it's candle 3 or more don't enter... find another trade set up.
Hi!
Great thread! This strategy looks interesting.
Could you, please, tell what is "candle 3"?
Thank you.

marksbizz Apr 26, 2011 6:57am | Post# 78

Read 1st post

Hi pls read first post for TDI and other indicators,
Be cheerful!

you see the problem here is how do you decide if the TDI is just bouncing off or crossing ? do u actually wait to see a clear cross ? if so, by that time 2-3 candles may have already passed and too late to enter trade.

stop loss of range of previous two candles - what if this stop loss is too small ?

if you just use the TDI to enter snd exit, then i don nt see the point of having the emas and the other indicators on the chart ?

can u tell us the settings of the TDI and other indicators....

also...

John D Apr 26, 2011 7:02am | Post# 79

Thanks "E"

Is that possible? Yes.

Years ago when I retired I was looking for something to do. I attended a free local presentation about trading FX. My mind said "We can do that and make money too... from the recliner"... so the torture began as happens to all newbies...

Ah... A new home. Grrrrreat!

LETS ROCK THIS PLACE!!!

JD

cce Apr 26, 2011 8:05am | Post# 80

"Entries" Made Easy

1 Attachment(s)
WhatFx,
Threw on a quick 4h chart here to show how simple entries can be...
All are 1st or 2nd candle entries...
The same setup applies to lower or higher TF's as well...
Shows a clear cross in each example...
SL can be last HH or LL if left unmonitered...
If monitoring, then the TDI green line's movement will get you out of a Ranging Market as it begins, i.e., it will flatten and or hook signaling to close the trade....
The 5 EMA helps to show direction and strength of the market, kind of like a line in the sand...
Results for this trading approach are well documented in the Craig Harris Thread that this method evolved from. A bit of a long read but does help you appreciate how finely tuned the Trading Made Simple method has become.
Good trades and hope this explanation helps you in your trading...
Cliff

can u tell us the settings of the TDI and other indicators.......
Click to Enlarge

Name: sssss.jpg
Size: 143 KB

© Forex Factory