Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 7:48am | Post# 100361

1 Attachment(s)
JPY pair Week 07 Feb 10 to 14

4 pairs are easy to pick for 4H swing trading.

Click to Enlarge

Name: JPY pairs Week 07.png
Size: 97 KB

DrDave Feb 9, 2020 8:48am | Post# 100362

When wanting to take a TDI trade...
No one needs to read any of this repeated information that is simply cluttering the thread because

no need to re-quote what Big E had said.
and

well you don't have to read all the posts. Just the old posts from Post#1 to Post#12,912 that is all what Trading Made Simple is and shall remain for very long time.

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 9:56am | Post# 100363

here one more ...

Introduction to Trading Made System

To learn what Trading Made Simple is, you have to follow the trading journey of the OP eelfranz aka Big E. He started as a newbie in 2008. Know the history and you will learn a lot from the OP and you can then move on and develop your own trading system following how he did his.

try this,

Here is a quick introduction to this Trading Made Simple thread:
Trading Made Simple for beginners : Post#52,707

A short history by pioneer member snarlyjack Post#110

Our late OP eelfranz aka Big E spent 6,000 hours: Post#6 and he evolved as a trader and went on and developed two trading methods.
5-Method and 21/233 Method Post#3018, Post#4104,

After months of postings and answering many frequently asked questions FAQs,
eelfranz made the jump to this new Trading Made Simple thread on 26 April 2011... Post#4432

In Post#1, he explained how he traded the H4 chart timeframe and he also traded the H1 chart during the NY session. This suited his lifestyle being retired and the time zone he lived. Sadly he passed away in Oct 2012.

Two very important posts: Post#261 and Post#647, give a simple summary of what this 5-Method is and the basic forex stuff we check before we look for the TDI setups to trade.

TMS 5-Method Basic Rules: Post#53,841
Always check the #1- Price Action first, then #2- TDI Post#3142
Big E wanted us to build this TMS thread together... Post#4,432

The original indicators and template Post#25
If you are overwhelmed (information overload) by the number of posts and the loads of information and variations shared by other traders here, the best thing to do is to stop reading and go back to the basics what Big E mentioned in his 463 posts in this thread and 861 posts in the CHS thread. First you learn and master the 5-Method first before you start add your own tweaks and create your own system.

Recommendations:
Read all of Big E posts... 861posts in the Craig Harris Stochastics thread and 463 posts in this TMS thread....and make notes on those training charts he posted. Pay attention whenever he mentioned PA and what you see on his training charts.

Learn the basic stuff about forex trading first. A good place to start is www.babypips.com/school

If you want to trade the way Big E described in Post#1, make sure you use his template , the Synergy APB / HA candles and use that TDI Red Green version. These are in Post#25.

Note that the TDI Red Green version repaints all the bars in history so you cannot use this when you do back-testing by scrolling back your charts. The better way is to run this in live market and trade the TMS setups based on what you see without refreshing your charts. When you want to trade with entries on the APB#1 and APB#2 candles, always wait for the price bar/candle to close and use the TDI to confirm the setup.

Enjoy and Have fun during your learn to trade journey.

DrDave Feb 9, 2020 10:56am | Post# 100364

here one more ...
Another clutter repeat post about TMS.
Just follow the good advice below.

When wanting to take a TDI trade...
No one needs to read any of this repeated information that is simply cluttering the thread because

no need to re-quote what Big E had said.
and

well you don't have to read all the posts. Just the old posts from Post#1 to Post#12,912 that is all what Trading Made Simple is and shall remain for very long time.

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 4:00pm | Post# 100365

3 Attachment(s)
One of the common PM questions and problems faced by traders reading this thread is about market trends.
The problem is "how to see the trend?"

The Op mentioned in his Post#647
When wanting to take a TDI trade ....
" Am I in an uptrend or downtrend.. short & long term... "

When trading the 4H swing, I use the Daily and Weekly as my short term and long term trend. The H4 is my trading timeframe.

Name:  Market Trend 4H Swing Trading.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  41 KB

On my Weekly I look at the over big picture of the market. When I see consecutive 2 Weekly bars/candles with higher high and Higher Close I consider the trend to be bullish, when I see consecutive 2 Weekly bars/candles with lower high and Lower Close then I consider the trend to be bearish. I also look at the previous Weekly bars/candles and the Price Action around its 5EMA Typical Price, Shift+3.
The 5EMA was used by the OP for direction re Post#261. It is a good visual to see the 'trend'.

Look at these charts below:
Start with the Weekly and practice.
Do you see trending pairs?

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBP pairs Week 07 10-2-2020 4-43-03 am.png
Size: 99 KB

Next move to Daily charts below:
What do you see in the Daily trend?

Click to Enlarge

Name: EUR RGBP pairs Daily Week 07 10-2-2020 4-57-38 am.png
Size: 98 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 4:29pm | Post# 100366

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} USDSGD Week06 Feb07 Daily what a great week! hitting BRN 1.3900 huge gains this week next week I will definitely go to my bank and make some conversion withdrawal and re-deposit. {image}

USDSGD Week 07 Feb 10 to 13

New short term target for this week is the 2019 High ... 1.3942 thereafter into the clouds.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDSGD Week 07 target 2019 High 10-2-2020 5-24-52 am.png
Size: 50 KB

axl Feb 9, 2020 7:27pm | Post# 100367

Hi emmanuel7788

Thanks for the great shortcut on for last 2 posts the input this thread is detailed but too long to read up in a short space in time

Can you just advise on one thing on you weekly and daily charts are you using the same settings as on the 4hr tf and could you upload your template please as
the stochastic advised is the stochastic slope and you are using the normal stochastic that comes with MT4 from what i can see

Thanks

mkfx Feb 9, 2020 7:33pm | Post# 100368

This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}
Hi TSS

Great Trades

After a long time i am seeing this type of Chart 1 Hr for Currency EA....

MK

Emma7788-FAN Feb 10, 2020 12:55am | Post# 100369

This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}
welcome back Bro TSS

emmanuel7788 Feb 10, 2020 1:27am | Post# 100370

2 Attachment(s)
Its 10PM H4 candle time. Look for H4 setups.

I see 2.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Feb10 H4 10PM candle 10-2-2020 2-18-35 pm.png

and 1

Name:  AUDUSD Feb 10 H4 10PM 10-2-2020 2-26-43 pm.png
Views: 898
Size:  23 KB

Tekkies Feb 10, 2020 3:36am | Post# 100371

{quote} Another clutter repeat post about TMS. Just follow the good advice below. {quote} No one needs to read any of this repeated information that is simply cluttering the thread because {quote} and {quote}
Dave, next a member ask for TDI indicator:

No, I don't have them. These are secret indicators developed by nuclear scientists from the former USSR, who, after the fall of the Soviet Union were left unemployed. They were then hired by a secretive hedge fund manager who had spent years on researching the works of Fibonacci and Gann. He hired those scientists and brought them to the US. Five years later and ten million dollars lighter, the scientists were let go - the hedge fund manager had finally completed his research. Actually all of this is bullshit, I just wrote this to waste your time like you're wasting mine. All of the indicators that were mentioned in the article can be downloaded from the bottom of each article. But I guess you didn't read the text, you just saw the attractive squiggly lines and dollars started flashing in front of your eyes like they do for most people around here. You're being an idiot. If you had bothered to read through the article, you would've noticed the indicator download links in the very bottom (they're in mq4 so you can even edit them). But I guess actually asking someone to read through text is too much these days. Soundbites, youtube, redtube and nano-second attention span are the key words these days I guess. Good luck with that. You're going to need it, because if you can't be bothered to even read through the text, I doubt you have it in you to spend hours on testing and configuring those indicators to work for you.
Post 20

Emma7788-FAN Feb 10, 2020 4:30am | Post# 100372

1 Attachment(s)
Its 10PM H4 candle time. Look for H4 setups. I see 2. {image} and 1 {image}

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Feb10 H4 10PM candle 10-2-2020 2-18-35 pm.png
Size: 78 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 10, 2020 5:01am | Post# 100373

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} {image}

and now another H4 candle just closed,....

Click to Enlarge

Name: AUD pairs 2am candle time 10-2-2020 6-00-19 pm.png

Nonip Feb 10, 2020 8:15am | Post# 100374

{quote} here Tekkies here is the same EURUSD Daily chart with Fractals. the Fractals is a simple way to highlight the swing high and swing low then look at the price action for the REVERSAL candle setup. {image} study those videos below and do lots of practice when market is open. Trading your eyes to see the swings - high and low, master that and you wont need to use the Bll Williams' Fractal indicator. When Big E started as a newbie he learned these attending Craig Harris' seminars. When the Stoch(8,3,3) and the EMA(2) of the RSI(13) data both...
Thanks so much Emmanuel7788, the links to the resources to learn more on Swing high/low and spotting reversal candles are were so informative. Really appreciated

emmanuel7788 Feb 10, 2020 5:58pm | Post# 100375

{quote} Dave, next a member ask for TDI indicator: No, I don't have them. These are secret indicators developed by nuclear scientists from the former USSR, who, after the fall of the Soviet Union were left unemployed. They were then hired by a secretive hedge fund manager who had spent years on researching the works of Fibonacci and Gann. He hired those scientists and brought them to the US. Five years later and ten million dollars lighter, the scientists were let go - the hedge fund manager had finally completed his research. Actually all of this...
very nice Tekkies ... but you had answered before,

I would refer them to your old Post#97,086
Edit: corrected link https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...7#post12367177

Some advice for TDI indicators
https://forex-station.com/viewtopic....38#p1295362638
Keep it Simple

no silly story '...These are secret indicators developed by nuclear scientists from the former USSR, who, after the fall of the Soviet Union were left unemployed. ...bla bla bla...'

emmanuel7788 Feb 10, 2020 6:23pm | Post# 100376

{quote} Thanks so much Emmanuel7788, the links to the resources to learn more on Swing high/low and spotting reversal candles are were so informative. Really appreciated
Hi

Glad that post helped you. Big E shared those Natural Flow of the Market videos back in Dec 2019 after he attended a seminar by Craig Harris. Unfortunately those links he provided are no longer available but some to the videos are available at vimeo.com

The Swing High / Swing Low and How to Spot a True Reversal are the more important ones to learn when we want to trade the 5-Method and to pick the reversal APB/HA candles #1 and #2. Note that those videos refer to M15 charts but the same conditions also apply to other timeframes like M5, M30, H1, H4, etc... Big E is right when he made his trading simple by trading the 10PM, 2AM and 6AM H4 candle periods. You can also trade H1 and follow the same H4 10PM, 2AM and 6AM timings. He posted several H1 chart examples.

For new traders, the use of the Fractals can also help visualise the swing highs/swing lows. But once you learn how the fractals are formed by a series of 5 bars/candles, you do not need them when live trading. Your eyes are the best indicator for trading price action.

Trade Well and Trade Safe.

emmanuel7788 Feb 10, 2020 6:30pm | Post# 100377

Hi emmanuel7788 Thanks for the great shortcut on for last 2 posts the input this thread is detailed but too long to read up in a short space in time Can you just advise on one thing on you weekly and daily charts are you using the same settings as on the 4hr tf and could you upload your template please as the stochastic advised is the stochastic slope and you are using the normal stochastic that comes with MT4 from what i can see Thanks

Hi axl

Yes, the same chart template is used for trading all timeframes including the Daily and Weekly. The key components are the APB/HA candle, the 5EMA Typical Price, Shift+3, the Stoch(8,3,3) and the default TDI in Post#25.

You can simply use the Stochastics and RSI common indicators available in most trading platforms and there is really no need for customs indicators.

Why the Traders Dynamic Index aka TDI was created was for marketing and making money selling systems and custom indicator.
The Stochastics Slope was developed for another system but it is not necessary.

emmanuel7788 Feb 11, 2020 1:38am | Post# 100378

1 Attachment(s)
GBP pairs Feb 11 H4

10PM candle running with some sell except GBPUSD.

today is GDP data UK local time, 9:30am

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP Pair H4 Feb 11 11-2-2020 2-33-29 pm.png
Size: 96 KB

thomi Feb 11, 2020 2:33am | Post# 100379

3 Attachment(s)
exit to resume lower
with high target 13900

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-11_08h24_47.png
Size: 57 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: 2020-02-11_08h25_39.png