Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

emmanuel7788 Feb 7, 2020 1:58pm | Post# 100321

1 Attachment(s)
ENQH20 Feb 07 waiting for the US session to open and that right moment 1 2 3. {image}
ENQH20 Feb 07
today I did not behave when scalping M5. was trigger happy.
took 2 small losses and manage 1 winner.
anyway, the week close overall positive cash-flow just above +20%.

Click to Enlarge

Name: ENQH20 Feb07 M5 trades 8-2-2020 2-51-29 am.png
Size: 40 KB

Tedge UK Feb 7, 2020 2:04pm | Post# 100322

exit lose -3 pts new buy now DAX : {image}
what is the moving average ?

Tekkies Feb 7, 2020 3:24pm | Post# 100323

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} wrong Tekkies! its 1581 points not pips. USDCAD did not move 150 pips today, you can look at the OHLC and know its low to its high. what has happened to the market volatility since 2012 till 2019? if you think you can trade like Big E and make 150 pips a day, you should tell us which of the 8 currency pairs will give us 150 pips a day. stop dreaming, wake up!
No problem, how about EURUSD?
Name:  pips1.PNG
Views: 595
Size:  11 KB
What is the value of 1581 points?
Click to Enlarge

Name: pips2.PNG
Size: 6 KB
Enjoy your weekend.

Tekkies Feb 7, 2020 3:43pm | Post# 100324

{quote} Hi Emmanuel , that’s the part that I am very confuse . Let’s said all good then we enter on the first two candles , but what do you mean by if there is a reversal , then do we have a TDI signal to enter ? If not and all looks strong then enter on candle 2 . Is that mean we enter on candles 2 if there are no reversal ? I am trading daily timeframe and always will be late for my reversal candle trade . Do you mind to show some real life examples ? Thanks and appreciate * Not just only Emmanuel , anyone that have the knowledge/experience...
That is why you have to look at BigE other post's. Together they form a unit, use them apart, TMS will rip the trading account apart.
1. How did BigE counted the candle?
> 0,1,2,3,4,5....... or 1,2,3,4,5......
In your own time, draw some trend line where TDI has crossed over (read Post 97,082 / Post 99,260
2. How many times have BigE posted that TDI is to be used for entry / exist.
Your conclusion is correct. No TDI crossover to confirm the reversal you have to wait for bar 1 to close.

Base on your own chart study do you really want to enter on bar 2?

emmanuel7788 Feb 7, 2020 8:21pm | Post# 100325

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} That is why you have to look at BigE other post's. Together they form a unit, use them apart, TMS will rip the trading account apart. 1. How did BigE counted the candle? > 0,1,2,3,4,5....... or 1,2,3,4,5...... In your own time, draw some trend line where TDI has crossed over (read Post 97,082 / Post 99,260 2. How many times have BigE posted that TDI is to be used for entry / exist....
hey Tekkies

here are examples of what APB/HA candle#1. EURUSD Daily

remember that the OP Big E use the APB/HA candles for his candle count count and he counted from 1,2,3,4.... NOT 0,1,2,3,4...

he did not draw trendlines on the price. Keep It Simple .. remember this.

when APB/HA candle#1 closed, use your discretion Post#647 and check the candles size ... "little,big,small,..."

trade setups are usually APB/HA candle#1 and entry would be APB/HA candle#2. But in certain situations, the OP would also enter a trade during the active APB/HA candle#1 before that candle closes. I have learned his 'secret' and those type of trades are very rare. .. very risky!

to have a valid trade setup, both the Stoch and TDI must have the same signal ... what is the signal? Study live charts under live market conditions and you will see the same 'signal' meaning. "If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter." You need price momentum i.e. the TDI green line signal to enter a trade.
In most cases, the reversals are swing highs or swing lows type of price action. What are swing high and swing low?

You are partially correct to say that the TDI crossover does not always confirm a reversal. The 5-Method trade setup requires a reversal candle with exception the bounce trade setup.

Also to take note when you read the OP's posts, he did not always use the TDI for exits. If he did, he would have given up many pips of profits. He looked at the PA of the APB/HA candles and the use of the 5EMA line.

Also he tested trading the Daily chart timeframe with TDI green cross red for entry and exit. I did the same for many years and I found better exit which gave more profits in term of both pips and $$$$money.

Have a nice weekend,

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD candle 1 examples 8-2-2020 8-55-52 am.png
Size: 45 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 7, 2020 8:32pm | Post# 100326

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} No problem, how about EURUSD? {image} What is the value of 1581 points? {image} Enjoy your weekend.

hey Tekkies

well done for Today!

158 pips for Today.

141.4% Today.. is outstanding.

am I correct Today. you did closed 34 trades?

Click to Enlarge

Name: Tekkies post 158 pips 8-2-2020 8-20-14 am.png
Size: 163 KB

remember, I always mention about CONSISTENCY which is one of the key to successful trading.
Wish you many trading days like Today.
Avoid any reversal of Today.

emmanuel7788 Feb 7, 2020 9:07pm | Post# 100327

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Studying it over and over again repeatedly until I fully master it Thanks mate !
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD M15 Feb07 8-2-2020 2-20-37 am.png
Size: 59 KB

weekend study time:

GBPUSD M15 Feb 07 POMO

just comparing and learning from different TMS traders over the many years since 2011,

I notice how the use of the RSI(3) cross its 50-level also confirm the setups.
The 50EMA and 200EMA are dynamic support and resistance use with CONFLUENCE with 2 other 'support and resistance' approaches can also yield good trades. You will have some losses here and there but you big winners will generate the additional income for you.

A lot of posts in the OP old thread are loads of experience of the OP and other traders.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD Feb 07 POMO 8-2-2020 10-00-37 am.png
Size: 64 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD Feb 07 POMO 8-2-2020 10-00-37 am.png
Size: 64 KB

Tekkies Feb 8, 2020 12:06am | Post# 100328

{quote} hey Tekkies here are examples of what APB/HA candle#1. EURUSD Daily remember that the OP Big E use the APB/HA candles for his candle count count and he counted from 1,2,3,4.... NOT 0,1,2,3,4... he did not draw trendlines on the price. Keep It Simple .. remember this. when APB/HA candle#1 closed, use your discretion Post#647 and check the candles size ... "little,big,small,..." trade setups are usually APB/HA candle#1 and entry would be APB/HA candle#2. But in certain situations, the OP would also enter a trade during the active APB/HA candle#1...
"he did not draw trendlines on the price. "
Post 95,593: a. Move V-line to every TDI crossover.
V-Lines /Trend Lines: Only for visual aid, not required or needed to trade this method.
-----
"what is the signal?"
"If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter."
-----
"You need price momentum"
#647: How does the momentum look right now (12-2, 4-6)
----
"The 5-Method trade setup requires a reversal candle"
#647: Look at the candles on the last reversal... big, little, what
It say look not require
If there is a reversal
do I have a TDI signal to enter

if not and all looks strong then enter on candle 2...

"if" indicate possibility
"do" indicate action
"if not" indicate choice

Keep it simple Emmanuel

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 12:35am | Post# 100329

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} "he did not draw trendlines on the price. " Post 95,593: a. Move V-line to every TDI crossover. V-Lines /Trend Lines: Only for visual aid, not required or needed to trade this method. ----- "what is the signal?" "If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter." ----- "You need price momentum" #647: How does the momentum look right now (12-2, 4-6) ---- "The 5-Method trade setup requires a reversal candle" #647: Look at the candles on the last reversal......

hey Tekkies

the OP draw vertical lines on his hindsight charts , he did not draw trend lines.

you are confused between the two MT4 line drawing tools

yes, that is correct when: "If there is a reversal is there are TDI signal to enter". TDI is just the RSI data which Dean Malone created by adding moving averages to the RSI(13) data, this make the TDI lagging the actual RSI. Now learn what are reversals in price action then when you see reversal, ask is there price momentum to jump in using the APB/HA candle# and #2.

yes, that is also correct: "Look at the candles on the last reversal.." Post#647. Now you go back and practice looking at the reversal and the candles size. Pay attention to the swing highs and swing lows and learn to tell the candles by their sizes - little, big, small, etc... train your eyes to see them in live market conditions.

here, below is an example where I draw using MT4 vertical line on the REVERSAL candles, then look if there is a TDI signal when those REVERSAL candles closed.
Pay attention to details, when the REVERSAL candle closed, what is the Stoch(8,3,3) showing? Also check the size of the REVERSAL candles ... the APB/HA candle size not the price bar or the Japanese candlestick.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Daily vertical line reversal candle 8-2-2020 1-31-03 pm.png
Size: 51 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 12:48am | Post# 100330

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} "he did not draw trendlines on the price. " Post 95,593: a. Move V-line to every TDI crossover. V-Lines /Trend Lines: Only for visual aid, not required or needed to trade this method. ----- "what is the signal?" "If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter." ----- "You need price momentum" #647: How does the momentum look right now (12-2, 4-6) ---- "The 5-Method trade setup requires a reversal candle" #647: Look at the candles on the last reversal......

here Tekkies

here is the same EURUSD Daily chart with Fractals.

the Fractals is a simple way to highlight the swing high and swing low then look at the price action for the REVERSAL candle setup.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Daily vertical line reversal candle with fractals.png
Size: 54 KB

study those videos below and do lots of practice when market is open. Trading your eyes to see the swings - high and low, master that and you wont need to use the Bll Williams' Fractal indicator. When Big E started as a newbie he learned these attending Craig Harris' seminars.

When the Stoch(8,3,3) and the EMA(2) of the RSI(13) data both show the same 12-2 and 4-6 angles , these are usually the best trade setups where the price action shows strong price momentum to jump into the market.

Here are the links to those videos and a pdf.

the swing high / swing low as explained in these videos which were posted in Big E' old thread.

Swing High Low

How To spot a true Reversal Candle webinar

How to spot a True Reversal Candle pdf

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 12:57am | Post# 100331

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} hey Tekkies the OP draw vertical lines on his hindsight charts , he did not draw trend lines. you are confused between the two MT4 line drawing tools yes, that is correct when: "If there is a reversal is there are TDI signal to enter". TDI is just the RSI data which Dean Malone created by adding moving averages to the RSI(13) data, this make the TDI lagging the actual RSI. Now learn what are reversals in price action then when you see reversal, ask is there price momentum to jump in using the APB/HA candle# and #2. yes, that is also correct:...

hey Tekkies

now the same charts above but this time I place a RSI(3) to study the RSI(3) crossing its 50-level.

my observation is that the RSI(3) cross its 50-level also confirms the REVERSAL swing high/swing low for the trade setups.
when Big E has doubt about the TDI ... he checks everything. He has he RSI(3) on his chart too.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Daily vertical line reversal candle with fractals RSi3.png
Size: 56 KB

TheScorpS Feb 8, 2020 3:34am | Post# 100332

1 Attachment(s)
This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA.jpg
Size: 381 KB

Tekkies Feb 8, 2020 3:54am | Post# 100333

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} hey Tekkies now the same charts above but this time I place a RSI(3) to study the RSI(3) crossing its 50-level. my observation is that the RSI(3) cross its 50-level also confirms the REVERSAL swing high/swing low for the trade setups. when Big E has doubt about the TDI ... he checks everything. He has he RSI(3) on his chart too. {image}
To all your posts.
You made up your mind that reversal works for you.
Good.
Now please accept that other do not use reversal or even want to trade like you.
As you have previously posted: Make TMS your own.

{quote} here Tekkies here is the same EURUSD Daily chart with Fractals. the Fractals is a simple way to highlight the swing high and swing low then look at the price action for the REVERSAL candle setup. {image} study those videos below and do lots of practice when market is open. Trading your eyes to see the swings - high and low, master that and you wont need to use the Bll Williams' Fractal indicator. When Big E started as a newbie he learned these attending Craig Harris' seminars. When the Stoch(8,3,3) and the EMA(2) of the RSI(13) data both...
How many times have you posted that TDI is a lagging indicator?
Now you promote Fractals
#486.........I don't want to see any more posts that discuss other indicators... other ways
Click to Enlarge

Name: sim1.PNG
Size: 14 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 4:11am | Post# 100334

{quote} To all your posts. You made up your mind that reversal works for you. Good. Now please accept that other do not use reversal or even want to trade like you. As you have previously posted: Make TMS your own.

hey Tekkies

please read, study and learn from all of Big E' posts in this thread and also other all his posts in Forex Factory.
Like I said over and over again many times: Follow the trading journey of Big E here in Forex Factory and learn EVERYTHING he shared. Master his 5-Method and do lots of live trades in realtime live market conditions and you will learn more than him and you will develop your confidence in trading the markets. Do Not limit your knowledge to just 463 post in this thread.
Big E was trend trader and also a short-term reversal scalper trading his 10pm, 2am and 6am H4 candles. He knew how to pick the best reversal setups using his own own rules-based discretionary trading style, this type of trader are the best traders according to studies by Dr Van Tharp.

Big E himself said this in his old post#296.
There are always going to be people who slam using Stochastics or any other indicator. Like you said... you have to learn how to use it like you have to learn how your favorite pair responds in the market place.

I have been burned once in a while however, most of the time it was my fault for reading the market incorrectly.

Just because you can bring an indicator up on your chart doesn't mean you know how to use it correctly.

Learning to trade is a lifetime process. Develop a trading system that fits you and practice, practice, practice. When your confident... go live.

Learn to tweek your strategy to stay up with changing market conditions. If your mentally burned out, take a week off.

Take your time to learn how to trade. Newbies want to trade live right off the bat... and I thank you for all those pips you paid for... that I get to keep. Take the time to enjoy the learning experience. There is no hurry... only in your mind.

I profit every day by using Stochastics. I hope you will too. It's just part of the puzzle.

Tekkies Feb 8, 2020 4:12am | Post# 100335

1 Attachment(s)
quote=TheScorpS;12744337]This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}[/quote]
Nice trades.
One question.
What was the reason you entered a buy trade?
TDI green almost flat.
Name:  buy.PNG
Views: 468
Size:  45 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 4:16am | Post# 100336

{quote} {quote} How many times have you posted that TDI is a lagging indicator? Now you promote Fractals #486.........I don't want to see any more posts that discuss other indicators... other ways {image}

hey Tekkies

we all know that the Fractal repaints under certain price conditions. But when you wait for 5 bars to be completed, that fractal will not re-paint.

It is also lagging because you must wait for 5 bars to close and confirm that fractal and if there is s swing high / swing low.

no need to re-quote what Big E had said. It is all a part of your learning journey when you are still a newbie.

Here are the links to those videos and a pdf.

the swing high / swing low as explained in these videos which were posted in Big E' old thread.

Swing High Low

How To spot a true Reversal Candle webinar

How to spot a True Reversal Candle pdf

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 4:21am | Post# 100337

quote=TheScorpS;12744337]This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}
Nice trades. One question. What was the reason you entered a buy trade? TDI green almost flat. {image}[/quote]

I know TSS is a very experienced and advance TMS trader here since longer than you.

He and I learn from Phx62 and how to spot PCRF pattern. Note the bigger picture, the trend has been establish and there was a price action pulled back

That trade is a good example how Big E would have entered a trade when the APB/HA candle#1 is still active meaning before the #1 candle closes. PriceAction leads the TDI ...

Tekkies Feb 8, 2020 4:22am | Post# 100338

{quote} hey Tekkies we all know that the Fractal repaints under certain price conditions. But when you wait for 5 bars to be completed, that fractal will not re-paint. It is also lagging because you must wait for 5 bars to close and confirm that fractal and if there is s swing high / swing low. no need to re-quote what Big E had said. It is all a part of your learning journey when you are still a newbie. Here are the links to those videos and a pdf. the swing high / swing low as explained in these videos which were posted in Big E' old thread. Swing...
All other indicators are good to use, as long as you don't use TDI.
Does make sense.

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 4:37am | Post# 100339

{quote} All other indicators are good to use, as long as you don't use TDI. Does make sense.

No. Tekkies.
You dont make any sense at all.
You make the wrong assumption here.

All technical indicators are simply technical studies of the price.

And the TDI is simply several moving averages of the RSI data.
The RSI is a good momentum indicator and you need to learn it, master it in live market conditions then you can trade with confidence how to trade with any lagging indicator.

There are many trading strategies based on price momentum and using the RSI.

Learn the RSI here:
http://forex-indicators.net/rsi

and do not forget to study that book RSI:The Complete Guide by John Hayden.
you will find the book download using the paperclip on this thread.

Tekkies Feb 8, 2020 4:37am | Post# 100340

{quote} Nice trades. One question. What was the reason you entered a buy trade? TDI green almost flat. {image}
I know TSS is a very experienced and advance TMS trader here since longer than you. He and I learn from Phx62 and how to spot PCRF pattern. Note the bigger picture, the trend has been establish and there was a price action pulled back That trade is a good example how Big E would have entered a trade when the APB/HA candle#1 is still active meaning before the #1 candle closes. PriceAction leads the TDI ... [/quote]
Allow member's to answer questions directed to them.
-----
Really Emmanuel, do you crave the "spotlight" that much?
Is the urge that great that you must answer every post even those not directed to you?
-----
Cheers Emmanuel.
Wiil post again when there is a 150 pips made.

© Forex Factory