Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

DrDave Aug 21, 2019 8:40am | Post# 97541

Conclusion: Weekly has been in a rally, supporting buyers. "Time is ended" for D1 to be up, and this view is supported by H4 and H1. A breakout of the current range is needed with commitment. Although the breakout CAN go either direction, the bias is to go down. OF course the D1 cannot fall immediately; it will take some cycling down and up of the smaller charts first.
Guys, did you trade USDCAD?? I made 2 sells about 2 hours ago, waiting for the traders in the US session to kick in. I just closed them both for 31 and 32 pips! My little garden pip harvester got jammed! It was not designed to harvest such a heavy pip load in such a short interval.

Vic80 Aug 21, 2019 10:09am | Post# 97542

{quote} Guys, did you trade USDCAD?? I made 2 sells about 2 hours ago, waiting for the traders in the US session to kick in. I just closed them both for 31 and 32 pips! My little garden pip harvester got jammed! It was not designed to harvest such a heavy pip load in such a short interval.
Congratulations DrDave. I've been trading it since yesterday. I've closed my position too soon but still happy. I like to trade divergences and it looks like TMS is a good system plus divergences. You did a great analysis yesterday. Thanks again and congrats!

Vic80 Aug 21, 2019 10:16am | Post# 97543

1 Attachment(s)
I sold EURGBP few minutes ago on 1H and it is moving against me right now.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 88 KB

DrDave Aug 21, 2019 12:12pm | Post# 97544

I sold EURGBP few minutes ago on 1H and it is moving against me right now. {image}
Sorry to tell you vic, but EURGBP Weekly is way overdue to drop. The drop has already reached the Daily. This up move is just a rally to Daily that is coming down, so your H1 trade is cycling inside that.

It is probably starting an up leg now that might go 30 pips. But London closed now and it's lunch time in New York, so might not see much movement right now.

Vic80 Aug 21, 2019 12:38pm | Post# 97545

{quote} Sorry to tell you vic, but EURGBP Weekly is way overdue to drop. The drop has already reached the Daily. This up move is just a rally to Daily that is coming down, so your H1 trade is cycling inside that. It is probably starting an up leg now that might go 30 pips. But London closed now and it's lunch time in New York, so might not see much movement right now.
Thanks DrDave! It was a positive trade in the end, I'm out. Now, I'm also positive in the GBPJPY 1H. I've done 5 trades today using TMS strategy and all were positive, which is a 6.9% . I'll keep applying it! The best of all, zero stress.

DrDave Aug 21, 2019 12:45pm | Post# 97546

{quote} Thanks DrDave! It was a positive trade in the end, I'm out. Now, I'm also positive in the GBPJPY 1H. I've done 5 trades today using TMS strategy and all were positive, which is a 6.9% . I'll keep applying it! The best of all, zero stress.
Great results! 6.9% is a nice pip harvest! I hope your wheel barrow is big enough to also hold the pips coming from GBPJPY.

lddd Aug 21, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 97547

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Even when showed the resistance level by two members you still insist there is none. Why?
No. I just didn't understand what you mean by resistance.

You mean this?

Click to Enlarge

Name: ucad.jpg
Size: 95 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 21, 2019 7:02pm | Post# 97548

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yesterday {image} Today, as it is now, EURCAD M30 ... do your own review and POMO today's decision to trade should be easy now... {image}
EURCAD Aug 21 H4 REVERSAL CANDLE trade ... Follow Post#261.

easy +50pips.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD Aug 21 H4 REVERSAL candle trade 22-08-2019 06-50-23.png
Size: 45 KB

When Stoch(8,3,3) %K cross %D is a signal
When TDI RSI(13) MA(2) cross (MA(7) is also a signal
When TDI RSI(13) cross its 50-level ... is bonus signal

Post#261
If Stoch's & the TDI give different signals... lights flash off and on warning me to take a closer look before entering.. and usually I look for another trade.

5 ema... shows direction currently... only wanting to enter on candle 1 or two. If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter... if not and all looks strong then enter on candle 2... use some discretion...

Post#647
Look at the candles on the last reversal... big, little, what

emmanuel7788 Aug 21, 2019 8:44pm | Post# 97549

1 Attachment(s)
PRICE ACTION is PRICE ACTION is PRICE ACTION is the same
no matter how small the price bar/HA candles...
it is all about price and its momentum.

Post#647... Do Not trade when price is in CONSOLIDATION,...
this means wait for the breakout!!!

Am I in or close to a consolidation area

Are the previous candles small...

Look at the candles on the last reversal... big, little, what

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD Aug 22 M15 example 22-08-2019 08-35-05.png
Size: 54 KB

DrDave Aug 22, 2019 12:40am | Post# 97550

{quote} USDCAD, right? Here is what I see. MN in downtrend. W1 rallying D1 has been in an up move due to the W1 rally, and "time is up" for it to drop. H4 Also "time is up" to drop. H1 A bit messy with the current sideways channel, but further supports a down move is imminent. M15 just gives a zoomed-in view of the H1 ranging. Conclusion: Weekly has been in a rally, supporting buyers. "Time is ended" for D1 to be up, and this view is supported by H4 and H1. A breakout of the current range is needed with commitment. Although the breakout CAN go either...
Where is USDCAD now?

Yesterday's drop brought H4 down. Now we see a rally.
It is already time for the rally to end. Let's see if it ends soon, or goes for another cycle.

My bias is for more down movement.

josi Aug 22, 2019 12:46am | Post# 97551

{quote} Where is USDCAD now? Yesterday's drop brought H4 down. Now we see a rally. It is already time for the rally to end. Let's see if it ends soon, or goes for another cycle. My bias is for more down movement.
still going up on H1/M15 - meeting resistance on H4/D1

Tekkies Aug 22, 2019 2:23am | Post# 97552

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} No. I just didn't understand what you mean by resistance. You mean this? {image}
Both charts:What do you see at sell entry?
H1: What do you see at price level?
Click to Enlarge

Name: seed.PNG
Size: 79 KB

Tekkies Aug 22, 2019 2:30am | Post# 97553

{quote} Where is USDCAD now? Yesterday's drop brought H4 down. Now we see a rally. It is already time for the rally to end. Let's see if it ends soon, or goes for another cycle. My bias is for more down movement.
Define: goes for another cycle

DrDave Aug 22, 2019 3:02am | Post# 97554

{quote} Define: goes for another cycle
Buyers prefer to buy at a lower price. If some sellers can be brought on board, that is what buyers want, to a limit. There was a small down move that COULD have started the down continuation. However, few sellers were willing to accept the price but buyers decided it was low enough for them, so the rally continues.

These cycles of up and down progressing through the timeframes are your trading guide.

The rally will continue unless the price gets too high, and then it must be viewed as a new up move instead of a mere rally.

Another attempt by sellers underway right now.

Tekkies Aug 22, 2019 3:21am | Post# 97555

{quote} Buyers prefer to buy at a lower price. If some sellers can be brought on board, that is what buyers want, to a limit. There was a small down move that COULD have started the down continuation. However, few sellers were willing to accept the price but buyers decided it was low enough for them, so the rally continues. These cycles of up and down progressing through the timeframes are your trading guide. The rally will continue unless the price gets too high, and then it must be viewed as a new up move instead of a mere rally. Another attempt...
That is not "cycle" it is recruiting.
- cycle: a series of events that are regularly repeated in the same order.
Wrong word, right meaning?
-----
Rather go with accumulation and distribution.
Big boys faking a:
- down move to sucker retail traders to place sell orders, catching them with a fake uptrend
which result in
- up move to sucker retail trades to place buy orders, only to catching them with a fake downtrend
which provide liquidity to start the real new trend direction.
This is most likely happening now with USDCAD. The problem is when does the real trend start and in which direction.

DrDave Aug 22, 2019 3:40am | Post# 97556

{quote} That is not "cycle" it is recruiting. - cycle: a series of events that are regularly repeated in the same order. Wrong word, right meaning? ----- Rather go with accumulation and distribution. Big boys faking a: - down move to sucker retail traders to place sell orders, catching them with a fake uptrend which result in - up move to sucker retail trades to place buy orders, only to catching them with a fake downtrend which provide liquidity to start the real new trend direction. This is most likely happening now with USDCAD. The problem is...
First, a cycle does not have to be regularly repeating. We are so used to dealing with cycles with a fixed period that cycles with variable periods are not considered.

When you pedal a bicycle, the pedals are cycling. Do you pedal at the same rate all the time? Of course not. Does that negate the pedals are cycling? Of course not.
So you think UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN is not cycling because it is price movement over time????

josi Aug 22, 2019 3:48am | Post# 97557

{quote}My bias is for more down movement.
Price in USDCAD has already told us all we have to know.
This man doesn't only have a strategy - he has a gift for reading and analysing charts.
Come together, right now.... or was that coming from a really, really old song...

DrDave Aug 22, 2019 3:50am | Post# 97558

{quote} The problem is when does the real trend start and in which direction.
You have not given enough information about "the real trend".
You must supply a timeframe. Monthly is down trend. If you look at daily, it is up trend. If you look at daily in relation to weekly, then daily is also in a down trend-- it just so happens it is in a correction (rally) within the weekly down trend.

The same can be done using the daily up move as an uptrend if you look at M15 and see a down move. M15 is in an uptrend but is making a correction (pullback) to the uptrend of the daily. So which is it for daily, uptrend or downtrend? It is all about perspective.

Tekkies Aug 22, 2019 3:51am | Post# 97559

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Both charts:What do you see at sell entry? H1: What do you see at price level? {image}
Did not see that one coming. What type of "news" happened during the night that London open will take DE30 up with such a move?
M5 made a double top for some new sell order's. Right judgment / decision. Would not know? Only time will tell.
Click to Enlarge

Name: sien.PNG
Size: 57 KB

Tekkies Aug 22, 2019 4:29am | Post# 97560

{quote} You have not given enough information about "the real trend". You must supply a timeframe. Monthly is down trend. If you look at daily, it is up trend. If you look at daily in relation to weekly, then daily is also in a down trend-- it just so happens it is in a correction (rally) within the weekly down trend. The same can be done using the daily up move as an uptrend if you look at M15 and see a down move. M15 is in an uptrend but is making a correction (pullback) to the uptrend of the daily. So which is it for daily, uptrend or downtrend?...
No need to supply a time frame. What happen on one time frame is repeated on all time frame's over a span of time.
What M1 does in one hour (60 minutes), MN will do the same over many years (60 months).
It always come down to this:
Which:
1 > time frame is the "master" time frame.
For me it is the H1, the other time frames are used to show:
- Lower then H1 > going to happen
- Higher then H1 > did happen
2 > the trader's prospective
Putting the above together to making the right decision.
That is where many traders fail.

© Forex Factory