Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

DrDave Aug 19, 2019 9:02am | Post# 97501

{quote} Well the old information has a lot of wisdom in them. It is foolishness to ignore the wisdom of old bar's (grandpa and grandma)
You are correct. But perhaps you did not catch the parts about "I look at ALL the timeframes" and "All of the new information begins on M1"?

keansajeweki Aug 19, 2019 9:23am | Post# 97502

Have taken the M15 cross over. To many long wicks to the top side Will this resistance be strong enough to change the long term direction? {image}
Hi Tekkies, which TDI are you using?

Keansajeweki

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 9:36am | Post# 97503

{quote} You are correct. But perhaps you did not catch the parts about "I look at ALL the timeframes" and "All of the new information begins on M1"?
NO, somehow I miss the bold "ALL of"
SO WHAT, you look at ALL THE TIME FRAMES AND ALL NEW INFORMATION AT M1.
Did you understood what you saw? By what you post > yes.
Now, how many traders do that, don't understand what they see, getting their butts kicked in the process.
-----
Why does every second poster think I have a reading problem?

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 9:59am | Post# 97504

{quote} Hi Tekkies, which TDI are you using? Keansajeweki
This one Post 25
Only added the v-line after CJA showed me how to do it.

Chenzo25 Aug 19, 2019 10:20am | Post# 97505

{quote} You are correct. But perhaps you did not catch the parts about "I look at ALL the timeframes" and "All of the new information begins on M1"?
You talk a lot for a Demo Trader. Surprised nobody has put you in your place yet... Open a Live Account Big mouth and show everyone your 10 pips a day strategy. As of now, you're just another rookie talking garbage trying to make a name.

keansajeweki Aug 19, 2019 10:52am | Post# 97506

{quote} This one Post 25 Only added the v-line after CJA showed me how to do it.
Thanx. I don't know why, but my TDI has a more nervous RSI line with the same settings.

DrDave Aug 19, 2019 11:05am | Post# 97507

{quote} You talk a lot for a Demo Trader. Surprised nobody has put you in your place yet... Open a Live Account Big mouth and show everyone your 10 pips a day strategy. As of now, you're just another rookie talking garbage trying to make a name.
LOL. Yet another one that cries "FOUL" unless he has "proof" from a live account. How do you think I got 38 trades in the last 30 days with 1 loser (a whopping 1 pip)? Pure luck, sure.

You don't have access to it at the moment, but yesterday I called for AUDNZD to FALL today while many were bullish. Not only to fall, but I called for H1 to be the chart to look for the action. More luck, for sure. (I can make a copy of the conversation available, if you have your doubts.)

Sad folks like you that have been trading systems that do a poor job of being in the right direction so MUST rely on large gains during trends to cover all of those failed trades show their jealousy at not having the skills/smarts/whatever to trade and win ALL THE TIME.

10 pips a day! Even sad YOU can do it!

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 11:08am | Post# 97508

{quote} Thanx. I don't know why, but my TDI has a more nervous RSI line with the same settings.
Post a chart.

DrDave Aug 19, 2019 11:17am | Post# 97509

{quote} NO, somehow I miss the bold "ALL of" SO WHAT, you look at ALL THE TIME FRAMES AND ALL NEW INFORMATION AT M1. Did you understood what you saw? By what you post > yes. Now, how many traders do that, don't understand what they see, getting their butts kicked in the process.
Well, does 37 winning trades out of 38, with 1 pip loss give you any clue that MAYBE, just MAYBE, I do understand what I see?
And very few traders look at all the timeframes--that is exactly my point. Maybe if they tried it, they would make better decisions.

----- Why does every second poster think I have a reading problem?
simple: Your responses.

DrDave Aug 19, 2019 11:29am | Post# 97510

{quote} You talk a lot for a Demo Trader. Surprised nobody has put you in your place yet... Open a Live Account Big mouth and show everyone your 10 pips a day strategy. As of now, you're just another rookie talking garbage trying to make a name.
WOW! Your commentary on some of your own "system", on which your trade mostly H1, speaks volumes!

post #2
If im down more than 70 pips I close it out. Sometimes if im close to a major reversal point or supply and demand area I will wait and see what happens. if price continues moving against me then I will close out. Sometimes I will break rules depending on where price is.
"Sometimes, I will win! Sometimes, I will lose! Sometimes, I Hope&Pray, because ALL OF THE TIME, my system is, as anyone can see, not really a system."

josi Aug 19, 2019 11:29am | Post# 97511

{quote} LOL. Yet another one that cries "FOUL" unless he has "proof" from a live account. How do you think I got 38 trades in the last 30 days with 1 loser (a whopping 1 pip)? Pure luck, sure. You don't have access to it at the moment, but yesterday I called for AUDNZD to FALL today while many were bullish. Not only to fall, but I called for H1 to be the chart to look for the action. More luck, for sure. (I can make a copy of the conversation available, if you have your doubts.) Sad folks like you that have been trading systems that do a poor job...

I actually happen to know for certain that DrDave predicted yesterday (!) what price action we would see on AUDNZD and the GBP-pairs today - and - surprised as I still am - it all came true.
Sorry, guys, that's just the way it is.
All he said has happened exactly as he said it would.

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 11:29am | Post# 97512

{quote} Well, does 37 winning trades out of 38, with 1 pip loss give you any clue that MAYBE, just MAYBE, I do understand what I see? And very few traders look at all the timeframes--that is exactly my point. Maybe if they tried it, they would make better decisions. {quote} simple: Your responses.
Yet another one that cries "reading problem" unless previous post is not verbatim repeated.
Why do you use "MAYBE"?
Did you missed "By what you post > yes."
Now I make the same assumption you did. You have a reading problem defined by your responses.
-----
The knife cut both way's Doc

keansajeweki Aug 19, 2019 11:30am | Post# 97513

{quote} Post a chart.
That was when i had both TDI indicators on my chart, the old one from 2011 and the one from post 25. I removed the old one, so i have no chart to show.
I'm gonna use the new one now. thanx

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 11:37am | Post# 97514

{quote} WOW! Your commentary on some of your own "system", on which your trade mostly H1, speaks volumes! post #2 {quote} "Sometimes, I will win! Sometimes, I will lose! Sometimes, I Hope&Pray, because ALL OF THE TIME, my system is, as anyone can see, not really a system."
Ouch?
I was wondering when that thread was going to bite Chenzo

lddd Aug 19, 2019 3:46pm | Post# 97515

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Are we looking at the same USD/CAD?
What do you mean? I told you several times to please post your charts with the same template BigE gave us otherwise its hard to compare.

We only use Heiken Ashi candles... that's important.
Did you ever read this?

Regarding to your other observations, yes you are right. I am trading right into the asian session. I know trading the european session would be best and this example trade was only for asking some specific questions you didn't even answered, so again

If zooming out the chart the TDI clock angle can look steep, if i zoom in the chart TDI clock angle looks flat. What now? Isn't there a TDI indicator version simply only giving crosses for the "right" angle condition, if this is so important like you say.. why do i have to play "guessing games" if its a steep or flat angle.

Regarding trading into "resistance/support". What do you determine as "resistance" on my USD/CAD M15 HA chart? There is nothing than one little swing made upwards when i look to the left, and now? Does this mean i can only make trades where price wasn't in a region of my direction i want to trade into? There is always somewhere on the left side of the chart a support or resistance area, so for how long do i have to look back?...

Last but not least H1 for me was NOT in the wrong direction, at time of my entry on the M15 cross over H1 still was giving a bearish red randle and cleary going downwards, even the H4 and Daily printed a red bearish candle.

Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad-h1-fxopen-investments-inc.png
Size: 42 KB

lisat Aug 19, 2019 4:11pm | Post# 97516

{quote} What do you mean? I told you several times to please post your charts with the same template BigE gave us otherwise its hard to compare. {quote} Did you ever read this? Regarding to your other observations, yes you are right. I am trading right into the asian session. I know trading the european session would be best and this example trade was only for asking some specific questions you didn't even answered, so again If zooming out the chart the TDI clock angle can look steep, if i zoom in the chart TDI clock angle looks flat. What now?...
The TDIwatchdog indicator which has been posted before, only gives an alert when the angle is as strong or weak as you want it to, you input it into the settings yourself.
Also, you didn't just trade into the Asia session, you put the trade on as the market opened, so the H1 and H4 candle that closed red, closed red on Friday, which is a lot different to when the market is open properly.

Tekkies Aug 19, 2019 5:10pm | Post# 97517

{quote} What do you mean? I told you several times to please post your charts with the same template BigE gave us otherwise its hard to compare. {quote} Did you ever read this? Regarding to your other observations, yes you are right. I am trading right into the asian session. I know trading the european session would be best and this example trade was only for asking some specific questions you didn't even answered, so again If zooming out the chart the TDI clock angle can look steep, if i zoom in the chart TDI clock angle looks flat. What now?...
Have already posted what needed to be said Iddd.
You mean to say those were really questions? They read more like a trader that does not know what the fxxk he is doing.
Zoom in TDI is flat, Zoom out TDI is sharp.
- The only time BigE used the Zoom function was to find the Long and Short term trend. Why are you confusing yourself like that?
Even when showed the resistance level by two members you still insist there is none. Why?
Wonder what your response is going to be about Lisat's post.
Sorry Iddd, you have to learn TMS on your own.
-----
Get rid of TMS alert. It is always one bar late.

Vic80 Aug 19, 2019 5:26pm | Post# 97518

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
I'm new here. I've decided apply this "trading made simple". I've been trading for long time but still not profitable. My account is small and I'll try to growth it.

I'm short in EURGBP since twenty minutes ago with a new 4H candle:

Any advice will be very welcome.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 180 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 19, 2019 8:06pm | Post# 97519

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I'm new here. I've decided apply this "trading made simple". I've been trading for long time but still not profitable. My account is small and I'll try to growth it. I'm short in EURGBP since twenty minutes ago with a new 4H candle: Any advice will be very welcome. {image}
on my FXCM chart,

you are selling into a weekly support @0.9124 and further down is monthly support 0.9100

your TMS chart setup should look like this training chart in Post#2

Click to Enlarge

Name: Big E chart Post2 20-08-2019 07-52-24.png
Size: 115 KB

study this chart carefully and see if you can spot the variations of the TDI cross as Big E had drawn those red vertical lines manually.
The are 3 rather distinct types of price action reversal trades with TDI cross. If you can see these, then you will find these types if reversal candles trades very often during live market and when you use the TDI Red Green version in Post#25, you can pick the best setups.

Since you said: "I've been trading for long time but still not profitable..." then there are these OPTIONS below.

Option #1: Go to this post link, read and follow that post.The TMS history is all here.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post10965032

Option #2:
You don't have to read 4877 pages (97,551 posts)
Just two pdf files compiled by older members here will be a good start.
Go to this post link, download and read those two pdfs files.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...31#post9656031

Option #3:
For those with some years of trading experience trading with indicators, this option may be better.

Click and read One, Two and Three

TMS being the 5-Method is a technical trading methodology therefore you need to add your own Money Management and make it your own system. Your trading psychology is another subject matter not talked about much.

Big E was a rule-based discretionary trader.
According to studies by Dr Van K. Tharp, rule-based discretionary traders are the best type of traders.

Vic80 Aug 20, 2019 4:10am | Post# 97520

Thank you so much Emmanuel. The trade were wrong but I see my mistake.

I'll study everything you said. Thanks again.

© Forex Factory