Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 8:06am | Post# 46401

{quote} Agree 100% on what you say mate. Cross was perfect when we entered (as we took the same trade) and from my screenshot you all can see it, although I took it few minutes afterwards. As much as 100% doesn't exist, total randomness doesn't exist. It's a matter of surfing on the edges of probability waves.... I'm such a poet sometimes, I don't even know why I'm not rich selling poetry books
Because you got rich trading forex!

Sesamstrasse Dec 11, 2014 8:08am | Post# 46402

I have another enty on eu , H4. We are bouncing over the last bearish leg fib ratio and a trend line. TDI signal is valid. I short. {image}
Excellent view!
the second reason to look for a short trade in your chart is :
Itīs near year end .. as later it is in the week .. month .. year .. , as more possible and as clearer visible is the trend by itself .
The chance for a "trendchange " is much smaller as a continueing of the trend .
Good job !
Guido

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 8:09am | Post# 46403

I have another enty on eu , H4. We are bouncing over the last bearish leg fib ratio and a trend line. TDI signal is valid. I short. {image}
Wow... goodluck Morigan... I've been watching EU for hours...

Morigan Dec 11, 2014 8:15am | Post# 46404

{quote} Wow... goodluck Morigan... I've been watching EU for hours...
Fine . I think eu has approximately the same cofiguration as ea

Landline Dec 11, 2014 8:17am | Post# 46405

Hi all UJ long...4hr chart attached TDI, Line & Gann, Zone, Green Candle {image}
Hi Lorbax

I too took this trade on a little earlier than most I think (rightly or wrongly...time will tell) for the reasons given in my post.

Its not doing much at present to get excited about...but patience I'd hope will pay off in a candle or twos time...we'll see.

0Bid Dec 11, 2014 8:18am | Post# 46406

1 Attachment(s)
First Trade of the day AU+35 before the news
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD.jpg
Size: 375 KB

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 8:18am | Post# 46407

{quote} Fine . I think eu has approximately the same cofiguration as ea
I'm guessing there will be good news on retail but not sure on employment US...

likica Dec 11, 2014 8:26am | Post# 46408

1 Attachment(s)
oil running down again...
Click to Enlarge

Name: OIL short M15 m5 Thu 11.12.14 in progress.png
Size: 120 KB

lorbax Dec 11, 2014 8:31am | Post# 46409

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Because you got rich trading forex!
not yet not yet ....

in the mean time I milked some Aussie pips - forgot to post it earlier.
I entered long both on G/A and E/A at 11.00am (gmt+1) on H4 chart....

They both looked very good but G/A faked it at the start of the candle and I manually closed it -30 which sucks because the signal was still valid, but I was too impatient.
I let run EA, with CaveManager plugged in and it brought me a nice +30 +40 and +50 divided in 3 thirds of the trade. I basically recovered the loss on GA, and a few green pips but nothing much.

Once again, lesson to learn: do not close trades manually! I'm not saying it only 'because then it went up' but in general it's really disturbing both for your balance and for your mental health. Another Example is UJ .... I was about to close it manually when it was -40 ... and also -45, didn't close it yet but it's -12 now. YES it can go down to SL to -50 again, but it can also go up into the green-land, closing it manually it's 100% sure -40. I know it's a 'simple reasoning' but it helps me to stay strong in my position.

This is the M5 chart on E/A, just for the purpose of the exits with CaveManager:

Click to Enlarge

Name: ea5min.PNG
Size: 30 KB

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 8:33am | Post# 46410

oil running down again... {image}
Over-supply or are they trying to squeeze the russians... lol? How many pips did you get?

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 8:35am | Post# 46411

Strange today. Positive US news, Poor EU news, But price isn't going through the floor.

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 8:37am | Post# 46412

Strange today. Positive US news, Poor EU news, But price isn't going through the floor.
As lorbax says nothing is certain & nothing is random... lol! A really weird trading day... news wise?

likica Dec 11, 2014 8:40am | Post# 46413

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Over-supply or are they trying to squeeze the russians... lol? How many pips did you get?
Stopped out with +60 only scared of being sick
well it hit 100 pips (my original PT)
Click to Enlarge

Name: oil M15 M5 shsort Thu11.12.14 +61 NY.png
Size: 119 KB

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 8:44am | Post# 46414

{quote} Stopped out with +60 only scared of being sick
likica, I cant describe how impressed i am with your trading .... just like wow(sorry, this is the best i can do...lol)!!! You have shot into another level ... lol! So, thats like 5000pips so far?

lorbax Dec 11, 2014 8:47am | Post# 46415

Very weird day ... not sure if it's me still sleepy after the long weekend or what.
I don't let news effect on my H4 entries, usually they are far enough from my entries, but it's always wise to cash-out good profits before the news or/and set CaveManager to collect spikes, like I did before on EA. I was stupid not to do it on GA as well. From -40 to a potential +30 .... it's 70 pips difference in my counting. My mistake!

0Bid Dec 11, 2014 8:51am | Post# 46416

I guess the news already been discounted before it came out and shows the floor is solid and this could be a sign for a weak dollar on the way .. that is what i think and i could be wrong since there is nothing certain.

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 8:55am | Post# 46417

{quote} Stopped out with +60 only scared of being sick well it hit 100 pips (my original PT) {image}
I saw a news flash saying oil was going down and I just knew you would be in on it. Bet you made big pips on AUDUSD too?

Your trading is really keeping me motivated to learn more and strive to be a good trader.

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 9:04am | Post# 46418

{quote} I guess the news already been discounted before it came out and shows the floor is solid and this could be a sign for a weak dollar on the way .. that is what i think and i could be wrong since there is nothing certain.
I think Eurozone taking measures to stop euro becoming toilet paper.

likica Dec 11, 2014 9:06am | Post# 46419

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} likica, I cant describe how impressed i am with your trading .... just like wow(sorry, this is the best i can do...lol)!!! You have shot into another level ... lol! So, thats like 5000pips so far?
Thanks GS, I m not there yet, lots of thanks to traders in this thread.

{quote} I saw a news flash saying oil was going down and I just knew you would be in on it. Bet you made big pips on AUDUSD too? Your trading is really keeping me motivated to learn more and strive to be a good trader.
Thanks for your kind words Nods80, I hope my posts help others, I was struggling too...I believe that if there a problem there s a solution, just make sure we open mind to see as eyes are not enough.
BTW, here s the opportunity on EA...
Ah, I m not in AU. I m in EU short and EA short atm.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA M30 short Thu 11.12.14 NY.png
Size: 33 KB

0Bid Dec 11, 2014 9:08am | Post# 46420

{quote} I think Eurozone taking measures to stop euro becoming toilet paper.
I think it will become and their QE is on the way is just not enough political cover yet.

© Forex Factory