Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/291622-trading-made-simple)

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 5:54am | Post# 115261

{quote} Well the trapped audience is lucky then,there is not much to show anymore,it will be the same patterns and setups repeating themselves. So I'm done already.
there is not much to show anymore,it will be the same patterns and setups repeating themselves. So I'm done already.
Well what do you know It is even SIMPLER than Trading Made Simple 5-method!

Hmmm. Maybe because it is SIMPLE, that is why you are done already?

You know, you could start a thread for this, but don't do any moderating at all (you know, like a dead guy for a moderator), and then see how fast the thread gets taken over by someone else that will twist and distort your system into something unrecognizable, but proclaim that it IS your system, just with a few minor HELPER things added.

And then soon after, it can devolve into yet ANOTHER thread riddled with toxic posts and a place for daily laughs, not for serious trading discussions.

PixelSniper Jan 19, 2021 5:59am | Post# 115262

{quote} there is not much to show anymore,it will be the same patterns and setups repeating themselves. So I'm done already. Well what do you know It is even SIMPLER than Trading Made Simple 5-method! Hmmm. Maybe because it is SIMPLE, that is why you are done already? You know, you could start a thread for this, but don't do any moderating at all (you know, like a dead guy for a moderator), and then see how fast the thread gets taken over by someone else that will twist and distort your system into something unrecognizable, but proclaim that it...
I'll be real honest,normally I would not even find the time to post even in here, I did it because I had some spare time in my hands.
A relationship consumes so much time you can already probably imagine,my partner is overseas at the moment so yeah. Maybe I felt lonely haha.
It was a big void and wanted to fill it with something.
Anyways I'm more interested in training myself on my technique rather than spending time on the forum and explaining it or running a thread of it.Already did that to the people I know,the people I think that are valueable of,as you can see.
I'll be around here,it is indeed an interesting place :-)

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 6:07am | Post# 115263

{quote} If the person you are referring to is emmanuel, yeah. His approach is just too much stuff in it, I would not even bother. It is TMS but in year 3054 fighting the intergalactic invaders from galaxy blue frog,planet sirius Y. But well again then, it might be due to his 10 years of exp. Personally I don't believe in candlestick formations,imaginary S/R lines anymore.So mother bars,range bars,even heiken ashi I have zero interest in them, thus: I skip and don't even read his additions to this thread in all honesty,but well again everyone got...
His approach is just too much stuff in it, I would not even bother.
That is exactly what the smart newcomers to the thread do.

But well again then, it might be due to his 10 years of exp.
That is not quite right. He PROFESSES to 30 years of trading experience; the 10 years is trying to get BigE's 5-method to be profitable. (And after that 10-year struggle, he FINALLY made it all the way up to the BEGINNER'S rate of 65%!)

The guy should really use his mastery of Photoshop to keep a consistent monthly income instead of his struggling to get out of the trading FailurePit every month. His system is so poor that he has even posted how he resorts to multi-level Martingale to try to recover some of his losing trades. This is one of the reasons that he refuses to post a TE linked to the screen captures of trades that he says he places, because then instead of only the cherry-picked winners displayed, everyone would see how many losing trades go deep into drawdown from the multi-level Martingale, and how many of those he finally closes deep in the hole.

He talks about posting a TE from2018! LOL Why is it taking so long? Because he has to get his Photoshop renderings to be indistinguishable, for the average viewer, from real screen captures.

PixelSniper Jan 19, 2021 6:12am | Post# 115264

{quote} His system is so poor that he has even posted how he resorts to multi-level Martingale to try to recover some of his losing trades.
Did not really pay attention to what is he doing, but what I can note is, only 1 out of 50 good traders go that way and these guys are real good at hedging.
They have so many years of failure of hedging and finally found a way to ''safely'' do it, it is what the trader himself claims.
I claim this statistic by the portfolios I've been through,and anyone can go and check many portfolios on the internet if they will.
I don't think it is a good option to trade,theoratically you might feel undefeatable,but it is like swinging sword of damocles if you will.The swan is coming towards you.
It is a zero sum game,unless you get lucky and quit.
Regular trading is much better and simpler if you create your edge.

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 6:25am | Post# 115265

{quote} Did not really pay attention to what is he doing, but what I can note is, only 1 out of 50 good traders go that way and these guys are real good at hedging. They have so many years of failure of hedging and finally found a way to ''safely'' do it, it is what the trader himself claims. I claim this statistic by the portfolios I've been through,and anyone can go and check many portfolios on the internet if they will. I don't think it is a good option to trade,theoratically you might feel undefeatable,but it is like swinging sword of damocles...
Regular trading is much better and simpler if you create your edge.
And remember, it doesn't take much of an edge to get above a 50% win rate: The stopped clock edge (correct 2 times out of 24) enables simple coin flips to yield 58% net success!

PixelSniper Jan 19, 2021 6:45am | Post# 115266

{quote} Regular trading is much better and simpler if you create your edge. And remember, it doesn't take much of an edge to get above a 50% win rate: The stopped clock edge (correct 2 times out of 24) enables simple coin flips to yield 58% net success!
So you mean, an edge of combined with PURE LUCK can be deadly? Yuss yuss.

hasib Jan 19, 2021 7:09am | Post# 115267

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Now that hasib has finally moved on, here are some excerpts from my XAUUSD analysis. The big TFs, several months out, have this pair in an up trend. MN1 is making a pullback, confirmed by W1, W2, W4. W1 has more room to continue down, but there will be smaller TFs making rallies, then down continuations to bring it further down. H4/H8 have already started the upswing for developing the rallies on D1 (D2, D4).
Look at my way Chart.
Gold daily chart I don't see any rallies. You can dream what you want but the market may or may not follow this.
There is a saying you know it - Trade what you see not what you think. If you think Gold will rallies in a daily chart way don't you buy gold for the next 500 pips.
In my analysis Gold is not ready to buy in the daily chart.
I don't see any up swing in the daily chart, we have to wait for the swing start. By the way, I may not start that thread, I don't feel like it. I will post anything I want here. This a free thread. BigE makes it for us.
Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 282
Size:  17 KB

PixelSniper Jan 19, 2021 7:14am | Post# 115268

{quote} Look at my way Chart. Gold daily chart I don't see any rallies. You can dream what you want but the market may or may not follow this. There is a saying you know it - Trade what you see not what you think. If you think Gold will rallies in a daily chart way don't you buy gold for the next 500 pips. In my analysis Gold is not ready to buy in the daily chart. I don't see any up swing in the daily chart, we have to wait for the swing start. By the way, I may not start that thread, I don't feel like it. I will post anything I want here. This...
Free-for-all skatepark aye? Kinda wanted to stalk your thread come on hasib.
Nice shiny and colorful indicators by the way,wanna get to know them.

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 8:42am | Post# 115269

{quote} So you mean, an edge of combined with PURE LUCK can be deadly? Yuss yuss.
EXACTLY!

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 8:59am | Post# 115270

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Look at my way Chart. Gold daily chart I don't see any rallies. You can dream what you want but the market may or may not follow this. There is a saying you know it - Trade what you see not what you think. If you think Gold will rallies in a daily chart way don't you buy gold for the next 500 pips. In my analysis Gold is not ready to buy in the daily chart. I don't see any up swing in the daily chart, we have to wait for the swing start. By the way, I may not start that thread, I don't feel like it. I will post anything I want here. This...
Hasib my old friend! It has been so long since you've read my posts! Oh, wait. How could you read my posts if I'm on Ignore??? Another of Life's many mysteries ...

Anyway ...

As I have tried to instill into people, change comes from the bottom up, not from the top down. So, while you look at D1 and declare that you see no rallies, they CAN'T appear on D1 if they haven't appeared on SMALLER TFs!!

So, how about we take a look at H4?
Ohhhhh, look at that! An up swing!! Could it be the start of an UP TREND on H4 that is working to create a RALLY on D1??
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0bbf6ee79f39aa62720c8eff1979b4b9.png
Size: 36 KB
And while we're at it, let's have a look at that D1 chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: ec523b0fe965a1e803bb6286f0bd014d.png
Size: 42 KB
WHAT?!?!?! We ALREADY have a 3-bar swing low??? Well, uh, hmmm.. I guess that means it is likely starting a RALLY now!! Of course, we must monitor what ACTUALLY unfolds in real time to see if the EXPECTATIONS are met and we trade with the EXPECTED direction, or if the expectations FAIL and we either stay on the sidelines or invoke the alternate plan for when a failure occurs.

Of course, this is not PREDICTING, but is merely pointing out the MOST LIKELY thing coming.

hworang Jan 19, 2021 9:26am | Post# 115271

I don't understand this? What is a TDI and what is it indicating? Is follow the TDI the entire strategy?

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 9:52am | Post# 115272

I don't understand this? What is a TDI and what is it indicating? Is follow the TDI the entire strategy?
1. Try reading at least the first 100 posts in the thread.
2. Do an Internet search for "tdi trading strategy" (I get OVER 1 MILLION hits with Google Chrome!)

robots4me Jan 19, 2021 10:04am | Post# 115273

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Well the trapped audience is lucky then,there is not much to show anymore,it will be the same patterns and setups repeating themselves. So I'm done already.
"So I'm done already."

@PixelSniper -- yes, we know. You are done already... Oh, wait -- you must mean after the 5 additional posts...

Mama's boy -- lonely without his girl friend, with no other friends -- let's do a little test. You claim to have speculative powers -- something to do with waving your hands, I believe -- that allow you to pick winning Entries and Exits. The charts you post always include Bollinger Bands and you only trade away when price pokes its nose above / below an outer band, yet you claim that's not reversal trading because "you don't know what reversal trading is". Even though I told you a couple of weeks ago, you continue to claim speculative powers -- kinda of like "the force is with me when I trade".

Below is a naked -- absent the Bollinger Bands you claim you don't use or need. Please, mama's boy, o'master of spectulative trading with magical powers to detect the next wave -- please show us where you're Entries and Exits are. And, of course, no hindsight trading or cheating like @DrDick/@ivan9578/@DrDave. Close your eyes, wave your hands, don't look at the next bars and place your markings!!

Click to Enlarge

Name: Pixel-naked-chart.png
Size: 6 KB

robots4me Jan 19, 2021 10:07am | Post# 115274

{quote} Free-for-all skatepark aye? Kinda wanted to stalk your thread come on hasib. Nice shiny and colorful indicators by the way,wanna get to know them.
@PixelSniper -- we shall return to this post, but first my challenge above...

robots4me Jan 19, 2021 10:12am | Post# 115275

1 Attachment(s)
@PixelSniper -- okay, okay. Here are your beloved Bollinger Bands. Now show us...

Click to Enlarge

Name: Pixel-naked-chart-02.png
Size: 108 KB

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 10:16am | Post# 115276

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @PixelSniper -- okay, okay. Here are your beloved Bollinger Bands. Now show us... Name:  60c56d68ff983b61250b3b058be8945b.png
Views: 224
Size:  45 KB
According to that image, you should have a go at modern abstract art. Clearly, you're way better at that than anything connected with trading.

robots4me Jan 19, 2021 10:17am | Post# 115277

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hasib my old friend! It has been so long since you've read my posts! Oh, wait. How could you read my posts if I'm on Ignore??? Another of Life's many mysteries ... Anyway ... As I have tried to instill into people, change comes from the bottom up, not from the top down. So, while you look at D1 and declare that you see no rallies, they CAN'T appear on D1 if they haven't appeared on SMALLER TFs!! So, how about we take a look at H4? Ohhhhh, look at that! An up swing!! Could it be the start of an UP TREND on H4 that is working to create a RALLY...
@DrDick/@ivan9578/@DrDave -- look at all those posts on your IMT Academy thread that need responding to. You had better get crackin' ...

Click to Enlarge

Name: DrDave-IMT-Thread.png
Size: 332 KB

xdj3richo Jan 19, 2021 10:24am | Post# 115278

what do you guys think of my system ????
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/FxD3...bridge/7615548
i would like to hear some opinion about it

robots4me Jan 19, 2021 10:29am | Post# 115279

{quote} According to that image, you should have a go at modern abstract art. Clearly, you're way better at that than anything connected with trading. {image}
@DrDick/@ivan9578/@DrDave -- my goodness, there is a sense of humor buried deep below the fake exterior -- that's good to know. And, yes, in certain circles I am known as "le artiste". Some of my works will be coming soon to your local art gallery...

DrDave Jan 19, 2021 10:32am | Post# 115280

{quote} @DrDick/@ivan9578/@DrDave -- my goodness, there is a sense of humor buried deep below the fake exterior -- that's good to know. And, yes, in certain circles I am known as "le artiste". Some of my works will be coming soon to your local art gallery...
there is a sense of humor buried deep below the fake exterior
As usual, you're off the mark. No humor at all in my remark--it was stated in complete seriousness.

© Forex Factory