Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 4:45am | Post# 100341

1 Attachment(s)
quote=TheScorpS;12744337]This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}
Nice trades. One question. What was the reason you entered a buy trade? TDI green almost flat. {image}[/quote]

here Tekkies

just for some fun learning I run my strategy tester and quite similar entry as TheScorpS except my trade setup condition is to wait for the reversal candle #1 to close then place a trade buy entry. In this case, with 50pips stop loss and TP 75pips R:R 1:1.5 and using Capital Protect set to +50 pips .
TP hit 75pips ...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Feb 07 H1 example.png
Size: 14 KB

TheScorpS Feb 8, 2020 5:24am | Post# 100342

quote=TheScorpS;12744337]This week trades on EUR/AUD , H1 time frame, +190 pips {image}
Nice trades. One question. What was the reason you entered a buy trade? TDI green almost flat. {image}[/quote]

Hi Tekkies
On H1 there was a Mother Candle so I was only looking for longs, then PA broke below that MC candle as fake, it was only 1 fakey closed below that MC candle, then on the entry candle price start to push up with strong momentum even TDi was not in a good positive but was above MBL and above 50L so took my chances eventually LO opened after candle changed color and price from there continued climbing
Thx for asking and all the best

TheScorpS Feb 8, 2020 5:31am | Post# 100343

{quote} Nice trades. One question. What was the reason you entered a buy trade? TDI green almost flat. {image}
I know TSS is a very experienced and advance TMS trader here since longer than you. He and I learn from Phx62 and how to spot PCRF pattern. Note the bigger picture, the trend has been establish and there was a price action pulled back That trade is a good example how Big E would have entered a trade when the APB/HA candle#1 is still active meaning before the #1 candle closes. PriceAction leads the TDI ... [/quote]

Thx a lot Emmanuel that's exactly how I trade now pcrf with v bottom or tops as much as possible to avoid ranging market
Same as Big E trading of candle changes color and TDi cross or what Phx62 explained as PCRF all works the same.
One has to learn price action and then use the help of TDI to confirm market turns and trade

DrDave Feb 8, 2020 5:41am | Post# 100344

no need to re-quote what Big E had said.

Ohhhh, if only you would take your own words and apply them to yourself.

DrDave Feb 8, 2020 5:50am | Post# 100345

--- Really Emmanuel, do you crave the "spotlight" that much? Is the urge that great that you must answer every post even those not directed to you? -----
Haha! You know there are many posts directed at him that he does not answer. Go back and check how many of the posts remain unanswered that ask him to provide evidence and/or data to support various claims that he has made. Or the unanswered posts about why he does not start his own thread about trading his way.

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 6:00am | Post# 100346

{quote} I know TSS is a very experienced and advance TMS trader here since longer than you. He and I learn from Phx62 and how to spot PCRF pattern. Note the bigger picture, the trend has been establish and there was a price action pulled back That trade is a good example how Big E would have entered a trade when the APB/HA candle#1 is still active meaning before the #1 candle closes. PriceAction leads the TDI ...
Thx a lot Emmanuel that's exactly how I trade now pcrf with v bottom or tops as much as possible to avoid ranging market Same as Big E trading of candle changes color and TDi cross or what Phx62 explained as PCRF all works the same. One has to learn price action and then use the help of TDI to confirm market turns and trade[/quote]

advance TMS trader

Same as Big E trading of candle changes color and TDi cross or what Phx62 explained as PCRF all works the same. One has to learn price action and then use the help of TDI to confirm market turns and trade

emmanuel7788 Feb 8, 2020 6:08am | Post# 100347

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Tekkies On H1 there was a Mother Candle so I was only looking for longs, then PA broke below that MC candle as fake, it was only 1 fakey closed below that MC candle, then on the entry candle price start to push up with strong momentum even TDi was not in a good positive but was above MBL and above 50L so took my chances eventually LO opened after candle changed color and price from there continued climbing Thx for asking and all the best Thanks Scorps.

here Tekkies

it is Trading Made Simple do not forget this.

just for some more fun, I run strategy tester the way TSS mentioned in his above post.

trade every APB/HA candle change colour for entry and exit, the small candles will do some damage with small losses.

but the Expectancy is positive and even when the win rate is below 50%, the account grows.

Keep losers small .. Cut Losses Short and Let Winners Run, Use %Risk and Do Position Sizing for every trade. Know the ATR of the pair and timeframe you trade.
EURAUD SL 50 pips, TP 75 pips R:R 1:1.5

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Week06 H1 backtest 8-2-2020 4-59-56 pm.png
Size: 32 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Feb03to07 H1 HA.png
Size: 57 KB

moRTaL Feb 8, 2020 9:26am | Post# 100348

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} On H1 there was a Mother Candle so I was only looking for longs, then PA broke below that MC candle as fake, it was only 1 fakey closed below that MC candle, then on the entry candle price start to push up with strong momentum even TDi was not in a good positive but was above MBL and above 50L so took my chances eventually LO opened after candle changed color and price from there continued climbing Thx for asking and all the best
Hi TSS, good to see your EA posts, really educative for me...

anyway i also entered that trade as W1 is still above 5emas3, D1 is below 5emas3 but it has slowed down and can be seen in H4 as consolidation... either it breaks up and continue with W1 market type (emulating emm's posts), or break down continuing D1 lower... but i was more on the possible D1 up move than down as momentum precedes price thingy from Mike Baghdady (emm posted these videos on market structure)...

so when H4 breaks upwards from its consolidation with a clear break, i entered 2 positions on H4... and i switch to H1, looking for more possible proves, then comes the retracement down move as somehow someway like a retest around the breakout area (similar to what Divergence has posted long ago on better entry point) before moving up and close as BUEB, and that is a 'good' H1 signal for me so i added the 3rd position on H1...

my problem is the next H1 candle which is a relatively long pinbar... so 'stupidly' i exited all 3 trades... i should have reduced 1/2 position or let the trade itself invalidates my SL.. anyway my 3rd position SL was around the low of the H1 BUEB as i consider if PA touches the low of BUEB just after that BUEB, then something is wrong with the up move PA...

yes, APB is still green... i was kind of confused at that time... but frankly, the more i pay attention on PA, i started to ignore my other indicators (stochs and rsi) even though they are still on the chart, they are so lagging and it is also the reason why i choose APB instead of HA... for me, as long i know H4-D1-W1 wave, SR, consolidation, session, with BUEB/BUOB, for me it is good enough to risk some...

i'm still a newbie in PA, would you mind sharing your thoughts why your conviction to stay with the trade is higher despite that H1 relatively long pinbar? any other comments are welcomed too... thank you...

PS. Emm, would you mind sharing your thoughts on this too? thank you...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 87 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 52 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot4.png
Size: 45 KB

moRTaL Feb 8, 2020 9:59am | Post# 100349

here Tekkies just for some fun learning I run my strategy tester and quite similar entry as TheScorpS except my trade setup condition is to wait for the reversal candle #1 to close then place a trade buy entry. In this case, with 50pips stop loss and TP 75pips R:R 1:1.5 and using Capital Protect set to +50 pips . TP hit 75pips ... {image}
Hi emm, i have always wanted to place a partial entry when that H1 down bar closed, around the upper limit of H4 consolidation just like what Divergence once mentioned that it is a better entry point.. but since we do not know the extent of the possible H1 retracement.. where should we best place our SL if i'm intra-day trading? A close below 5emas3 or H1 Mother Bar lower limit more likely unreliable than not.. A H1 close below H4 consolidation upper limit or DOL or 2 red APB or 2x H1 ATR(10) or...? Thanks..

oh may i know where that 50pips SL is derived from?

Trendyboy Feb 8, 2020 10:00am | Post# 100350

Honesty in this is probably more difficult than to get 10 wins in a row. Thx for all the time spent here. Nothing works 100% of the time Im ok with 75%

DrDave Feb 8, 2020 11:05am | Post# 100351

but i was more on the possible D1 up move than down as momentum precedes price thingy from Mike Baghdady
You should go deeper in your learning about "momentum". Most indicators that fall into the momentum group are not actually momentum indicators. Go research "momentum" and "velocity". Then when you figure out that in Forex, velocity means change in price over time, you will realize that velocity (that you are calling momentum) cannot, by definition, precede price, no matter how many "experts" tell you that it does.

DrDave Feb 8, 2020 11:07am | Post# 100352

. so 'stupidly' i exited all 3 trades... i should have reduced 1/2 position or let the trade itself invalidates my SL..
It is never stupid to go to the bank with money to deposit.

TheScorpS Feb 8, 2020 11:49am | Post# 100353

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi TSS, would you mind sharing your thoughts why your conviction to stay with the trade is higher despite that H1 relatively long pinbar? any other comments are welcomed too... thank you... PS. Emm, would you mind sharing your thoughts on this too? thank you... {image} {image} {image}
Yes you are right there was a long pin bar at LO open, this is where lots of fights comes around at the open of LO, often price reverses from this point but as you can see from the bar that came right after that pin, it never broke below that pin bar, so that pin bar was an inverted hammer which often takes price up not down

You can study those bar pattern, the hanging man and the inverted hammer, both works the same but on takes price lower and one takes price higher , I like the most the inverted hammer and struggle with the hanging man still
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA.jpg
Size: 258 KB

philstodd Feb 8, 2020 12:30pm | Post# 100354

As I like to pop in every once in awhile and give a tip or two on Big E's system. Here's a short quick one. The system works very well with futures. Cheers.

Tedge UK Feb 8, 2020 4:10pm | Post# 100355

{quote} Hi You have been gone for quite a while... welcome back! simple question requires simple answer as always... #100,117 saves a lot of time and help people get started right away... the latest indicators and templates used by the OP are in Post#25 are still the same being used today after he passed away in 2012. https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...49#post4569749...

Just started reading this thread and realised Big E had passed, very sad,, very sad indeed. Great man

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 3:23am | Post# 100356

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Just started reading this thread and realised Big E had passed, very sad,, very sad indeed. Great man
indeed it was very sad for the many who traded with him and knew him well.

his last post was Oct 24, 2011 and his last wish was:
So many new traders... Do not think you can trade with us without reading the thread and taking notes. READ & STUDY.

as it stand today, I do not think anyone has the time to read 5018 pages 100,355 posts therefore the best thing to do is read starting at Post#1 up to Post#12,912. This is one way you can follow along his trading journey. But to learn EVERYTHING from his trading journey here in Forex Factory, you have to read and study all his posts - 1488 posts and 304 charts. His old thread is where Trading made Simple 5-Method started. You will learn EVERYTHING he shared and you will get to know the man better.

Click to Enlarge

Name: eelfranz profile.png
Size: 113 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 3:26am | Post# 100357

As I like to pop in every once in awhile and give a tip or two on Big E's system. Here's a short quick one. The system works very well with futures. Cheers.
his simple trading methodology which is based on price action and support/resistance can be adopted into multiple systems develop to trade different markets.

juanmahache Feb 9, 2020 4:52am | Post# 100358

1 Attachment(s)
anyone can help me to find the top right corner indicator that OP used many years ago?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 7-21-10.gif
Size: 27 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 5:23am | Post# 100359

anyone can help me to find the top right corner indicator that OP used many years ago? {image}
signal bars by cja
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...76#post1749176

emmanuel7788 Feb 9, 2020 7:44am | Post# 100360

2 Attachment(s)
When wanting to take a TDI trade on your 4H chart timeframes,

you should know which is your Dominant Primary Trend and Intermediate Trend

Name:  Market Trends Jan28 post.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  46 KB

Looking at these 6 six charts below, the 4 pairs would be easy to pick out.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USD pairs Week 07.png
Size: 98 KB

© Forex Factory