Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

lddd Jan 28, 2020 4:16pm | Post# 100081

{quote} There is no such thing as a false TDI cross over. Green crosses red, period. There is no such qualifier as TRUE or FALSE to the crossover.
With a „false“ cross I mean a cross of red green where price did not run far enough to the direction indicated. Just look at any M15 chart and you will find tons of such situations.

„DEFINITION of False Signal
In technical analysis, a false signalrefers to an indication of future price movements that gives an inaccurate picture of the economic reality.“

lddd Jan 28, 2020 4:37pm | Post# 100082

EURUSD Jan28 H1 London session 2 hours later, the TDI#25 shows a nice bounce off the red line, the other TDI shows different ... but other factors say no trade. .. when we follow Post#261 basics. e.g. Stoch and TDI show different signals, market in consolidation, etc. {image}
Market is in consolidation all the time. So the question is how to filter out those TDI signals in a efficient way where there is no trending situation at all for that moment so I don’t even have to spend time looking at such cross overs.

When I setup an TDI cross over alert for M15 for e.g and i get 10 alerts per day but market is still in consolidation and only moving 5 pips around each cross over I don’t see the reason why I should bother with such indicator.

I understand the fact it is not able to filter out the market condition or if there is real volatility at the time it makes its crosses and bounces. That’s why I don’t get the reason why people using it and not directly look at a naked chart if 9 out of 10 such signals not even produce a „now it’s worth the time looking at the chart“ situation.

DrDave Jan 28, 2020 4:57pm | Post# 100083

{quote} With a Ąfalseď cross I mean a cross of red green where price did not run far enough to the direction indicated. Just look at any M15 chart and you will find tons of such situations. ĄDEFINITION of False Signal In technical analysis, a false signalrefers to an indication of future price movements that gives an inaccurate picture of the economic reality.ď
That is misusing the TDI crossing. It is not "an indication of future price movements". It is a signal to begin examination of other indicators and conditions to determine if a buy or sell signal is in place. You have not provided data for your pre-entry analyses, so I can only speculate. But I suspect that the high percentage of losing trades that you apparently are having results from faulty analysis of the indicators and conditions that must be checked AFTER the TDI cross.

DrDave Jan 28, 2020 5:07pm | Post# 100084

{quote} Market is in consolidation all the time.
That is not accurate. You could say that for any market that is examined, there is always at least one time frame in consolidation.

The reports that I have read about the percentage of time a market is trending have been mostly examining only the daily time frame. The consensus puts trending in the range of about 20 to 35% of the time.

lddd Jan 28, 2020 6:06pm | Post# 100085

{quote} That is not accurate. You could say that for any market that is examined, there is always at least one time frame in consolidation. The reports that I have read about the percentage of time a market is trending have been mostly examining only the daily time frame. The consensus puts trending in the range of about 20 to 35% of the time.
Yes, not all the time but "very often". Thats what i wanted to say with it.

Hereīs something interesting i found on investopia.com

Trend
Trading trend with discipline can be extremely difficult. If the trader uses high leverage he or she leaves very little room to be wrong. Trading with very tight stops can often result in 10 or even 20 consecutive stop outs before the trader can find a trade with strong momentum and directionality.

Range
True range traders don't care about direction. The underlying assumption of range trading is that no matter which way the currency travels, it will most likely return back to its point of origin. In fact, range traders bet on the possibility that prices will trade through the same levels many times, and the traders' goal is to harvest those oscillations for profit over and over again.

What i don't get is...

By the time a trend becomes a trend and you can see it visually you have already missed the move. Like wise consolidation is only apparent after it has moved between two definable points several times.

Now what does it helps me in case of this strategy to spot if just before my possible entry market was trending or consolidating?

emmanuel7788 Jan 28, 2020 6:31pm | Post# 100086

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Market is in consolidation all the time. So the question is how to filter out those TDI signals in a efficient way where there is no trending situation at all for that moment so I don’t even have to spend time looking at such cross overs. When I setup an TDI cross over alert for M15 for e.g and i get 10 alerts per day but market is still in consolidation and only moving 5 pips around each cross over I don’t see the reason why I should bother with such indicator. I understand the fact it is not able to filter out the market condition or if...
Hi lddd

EURUSD

yes, the market has been trading in tight range for many months. In the timeframe you trade, you need to know the average volatility and the best hour of the day to look for trade opportunities.

Big E trading style is aggressive reversal entries and not simple about TDI green cross red. He was trading with the Stochastics before he got to know CompassFX and Dean Malone' Traders Dynamic Index. His experience was based on the market conditions between 2006 and 2008 where the volatility of the EURUSD and GBPUSD were very different from today. If he had developed and tested for two years back then, his results were good but not today.

Look at EURUSD H1 realtime live market screen capture every hour without refreshing the chart.
Compare the two different version of the TDI on this chart below.
Study the price action first then look at the Stoch and TDI .
Attachment 3540431
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Jan28 H1 reversal candle 29-1-2020 7-17-21 am.png
Size: 23 KB

lddd Jan 28, 2020 6:48pm | Post# 100087

{quote} Hi lddd EURUSD yes, the market has been trading in tight range for many months. In the timeframe you trade, you need to know the average volatility and the best hour of the day to look for trade opportunities
Yes, thats what i noticed as well. Probably the best hours would be still around my time between London/NY session. But i think the average volatility as you say is really low here.

Thats why i am not sure yet if and how trading just one market on a lower time frame following such strategy could work.

It might be a good thing for day trading to do a currency strength analyse before starting the day to see the strongest and weakest currencies and then only decide to trade the strongest against the weakest.

But this would also lead to the result i would have to switch through different charts, maybe not every day but often. So i would still not learn how to trade a strategy in a consistent routine day in day out while learning the flow of that just one market at least for a year or so.

Maybe i need to trade a crypto currency for more average daily volatility here than forex at all. But those are manipulated highly i think so probably no reliable way trying to predict something here based on technical analyses

Thanks for the charts again, will look at it.

emmanuel7788 Jan 28, 2020 6:54pm | Post# 100088

{quote} Thanks Emm for your detailed feedback to my questions. I think identifying the right overall condition of the market i want to trade for the timeframe i want to enter is one of the hardest part to me. I would highly appreciate some live charts where price action to the right is not there already and some explains how i should actually start analyse once i got that TDI crossover or bounce situation on my prefared time frame i would like to trade (M15 during 8 AM - 5 PM GTM). Also no answer found yet how to deal with the situation i just want...
Hi lddd

I know what you mean. It is very difficult to manually trade a single market just the EURUSD M15 8 hours every day.

I know of many 'false' TDI cross signals, cross signals which appears then disappears under certain market price conditions. I learned to pick only the best A+++ setups to trade yet the losses are more than winners. Initially I could achieve 45% winners and I improved to about 55%.

If you believe TDI is king and refuse to learn much more that what Big E had written in his 463 posts in this thread, you wont make it.
To the one whose beliefs are - " Keep It Simple" , "the TDI is king" , "the TDI is the heart of the method", etc. he has not made it to achieve consistency in the last 3 years.

Do Not trade just the TDI cross signals. First there must be a technical setup and the TDI signal is to pull the trigger. Both the Stochastics and TDI#25 must show the same signals. The Stochastics signal condition of a "TRUE REVERSAL" setup and this is how Big E will catch the HA candle #1 and #2 for his entry.

Watch those videos I posted link to these Swing High/Swing Low and How to spot a TRUE REVERSAL.

Trading multiple markets is a strategy in itself where I leverage on. I stopped trading single market because it does not fit my business strategy.

emmanuel7788 Jan 28, 2020 7:17pm | Post# 100089

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I still belief in it. Next time you ask what happened to TDI is King read: Post 119........ On this method the TDI is King. All trades are signaled by it as well as exits... mmmmm I see. Some post by BigE you use like post#261 and other post's you mock. Enjoy your day Emmanuel Edit: Forgot to mentioned: Post 647.......... When wanting to enter a TDI trade... take a moment...

hey Tekkies

but the OP did not always use his TDI for exits.
read all his posts and study his charts carefully, pay attention to details and you will learn much more.

Entry and Exit:

keywords: "aggressive" , "conservative", also "conserative" (typo) see below,

Click to Enlarge

Name: BIG E on conserative.png
Size: 126 KB

About Post#647:

YES. I have learned, practiced in live market and have mastered the 5-Method. Post#647 is simple for me.
When wanting to and taking clean trades based on price action + momentum is a breeze.

Post#2617 link below.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...18#post4619118

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 2:23am | Post# 100090

1 Attachment(s)
H1 will close in 41 minutes also the current H4 ...

do you see a potential H4 setup candle in these 8 pairs?

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMS Jan29 H1 8 pairs to close H4 in 41mins.png
Size: 101 KB

lisat Jan 29, 2020 2:59am | Post# 100091

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yes, thats what i noticed as well. Probably the best hours would be still around my time between London/NY session. But i think the average volatility as you say is really low here. Thats why i am not sure yet if and how trading just one market on a lower time frame following such strategy could work. It might be a good thing for day trading to do a currency strength analyse before starting the day to see the strongest and weakest currencies and then only decide to trade the strongest against the weakest. But this would also lead to the...
If you only want to trade one market in a day the easiest thing to do is to check the atr and trade the highest, then at least you will know there is a "fair chance" of price moving far enough. Put this on your charts and then decide.The atr over the last 7 days will be in the top left corner. Eu is showing an atr of 37 and Gcad is showing 119 so a lot of difference in movement,
LFL-ATRprojections.ex4

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 3:04am | Post# 100092

1 Attachment(s)
H1 will close in 41 minutes also the current H4 ... do you see a potential H4 setup candle in these 8 pairs? {image}

Nice FO close , I look at and compare the TDI#25 green line P-Slope with its C-Slope for the best 'signal' for every pair.

The HA candles of the higher timeframes is also of good use at one glance.
Click to Enlarge

Name: TMS Monitor Jan29 H1 LO 8pairs 29-1-2020 4-00-21 pm.png
Size: 14 KB

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 4:12am | Post# 100093

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nice FO close , I look at and compare the TDI#25 green line P-Slope with its C-Slope for the best 'signal' for every pair. The HA candles of the higher timeframes is also of good use at one glance. {image}

TMS Monitor Jan29 H1

LO candle closed and looking at the TMS Monitor, I can tell that GBPUSD and GBPJPy TDI green line hook back.

EURUSD and EURJPY still look good for sell positions.

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMS Monitor Jan29 H1 LO closed 29-1-2020 5-06-49 pm.png
Size: 15 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: TMS Jan29 H1 8 pairs 29-1-2020 5-09-02 pm.png
Size: 105 KB

lddd Jan 29, 2020 9:17am | Post# 100094

{quote}If you only want to trade one market in a day the easiest thing to do is to check the atr and trade the highest, then at least you will know there is a "fair chance" of price moving far enough. Put this on your charts and then decide.The atr over the last 7 days will be in the top left corner. Eu is showing an atr of 37 and Gcad is showing 119 so a lot of difference in movement, {file}
Thank you I will try it.

lddd Jan 29, 2020 9:22am | Post# 100095

I know I asked this in the past again but canít find it anymore.

What is the reason the yellow line and bollinger bands are removed in this strategy?

I ask so because in most other strategies around the TDI those playing an important role and may also help to filter out possible trades of low probability?

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 3:28pm | Post# 100096

I know I asked this in the past again but can’t find it anymore. What is the reason the yellow line and bollinger bands are removed in this strategy? I ask so because in most other strategies around the TDI those playing an important role and may also help to filter out possible trades of low probability?

most recent post on this TDI topic:

Post#95,334

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...7#post12231827

too many lines on his chart were 'too busy' for the OP...

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 4:39pm | Post# 100097

I know I asked this in the past again but can’t find it anymore. What is the reason the yellow line and bollinger bands are removed in this strategy? I ask so because in most other strategies around the TDI those playing an important role and may also help to filter out possible trades of low probability?

when you are trading only one market - EURUSD M15, you may want to use the full version of the TDI .

The Volatility Band has a few nice features, one of the feature is to use the VB for breakout after a narrow range.

See the old thread:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...5#post12728045

emmanuel7788 Jan 29, 2020 4:42pm | Post# 100098

I know I asked this in the past again but canít find it anymore. What is the reason the yellow line and bollinger bands are removed in this strategy? I ask so because in most other strategies around the TDI those playing an important role and may also help to filter out possible trades of low probability?

another feature which I used a lot in the past when I was day-trading,

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...9#post12728049

emmanuel7788 Jan 30, 2020 3:50am | Post# 100099

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Market is in consolidation all the time. So the question is how to filter out those TDI signals in a efficient way where there is no trending situation at all for that moment so I donít even have to spend time looking at such cross overs. When I setup an TDI cross over alert for M15 for e.g and i get 10 alerts per day but market is still in consolidation and only moving 5 pips around each cross over I donít see the reason why I should bother with such indicator. I understand the fact it is not able to filter out the market condition or if...
If you do not want to use the TDI versions posted in this thread, you have two options.

1) simply use the RS(13) and add two moving averages to it - a EMA2 and a SMA7

2) or simply use a RSI(3) with its 50-level.

Below two examples - EURUSD M15 and EURAUD M15

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD Jan30 M15 revsrsal candle Stoch RSI3 30-1-2020 4-34-51 pm.png
Size: 63 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Jan30 M15 reversal candle Stoch RSI3 30-1-2020 4-35-50 pm.png
Size: 68 KB

I think EURAUD would be another pair to consider for single market day-trading.

compare the hourly volatility of the two pairs and also compare their pip $value.

https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/volatility

https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/pip-value

emmanuel7788 Jan 30, 2020 4:47am | Post# 100100

1 Attachment(s)
here is another M15 setup ... Follow Price Action and check Stoch and RSI signals

EURAUD London session 2-hour

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUD Jan30 M15 LS 1745 30-1-2020 5-45-07 pm.png
Size: 56 KB

© Forex Factory