Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

Tekkies Aug 20, 2019 4:21am | Post# 97521

2 Attachment(s)
Follow TDI: Post 97,098
- Learn work with what the TDI is showing you not against TDI.
- Don't be eager to place a trade.
Make your own observation how TDI gave a trade signal. Look at and compare:
- both chart's
- support / resistance
- momentum (angle of green)
- bar size
- wick length and placement
- what is stoch doing
In short apply Post#647 to both chart's.
Click to Enlarge

Name: wag.PNG
Size: 126 KB

Click to Enlarge

Name: later.PNG
Size: 53 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 20, 2019 5:23am | Post# 97522

1 Attachment(s)
When Stoch(8,3,3) %K cross %D is a signal
When TDI RSI(13) MA(2) cross (MA(7) is also a signal
When both the Stoch and TDI cross their 50-level, that is bonus signal...

When both Stoch and TDI shows the same signal, we have a trade setup but .... look left to see any support and resistance,

Example EURCAD M30 Aug 30 London session.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD Aug 20 M30 RSi and SToch crossed 50level  20-08-2019 17-14-06.png
Size: 55 KB

muotre Aug 20, 2019 8:01am | Post# 97523

1 Attachment(s)
quick question, i'm looking at this system to check on live charts if it's something for me. I know how HA candles look but i don't know how to read them, looked at an explainer video and it confused me even more.

In the screenshot you see the last h4 candle where i would have made an entry at the start of the candle according to this system (even though it's the 3rd red candle, there was enough room to the downside without significant resistance). The purple line is where the price was at the start of the candle, i placed this line shortly after the start of this candle as a marker where i would have shorted. Yet the HA candle shows a big body to the upside, where price has never been during this candle. How do you see where the actual price has been in HA candles? Because i think knowing where actual price has been during a timeframe is important, not only for live trades but for backtesting as well. Now i feel like i'm blind for actual price moves.

I do think this system has promise because this trade would have already made +40 pips at the low, now at approximately +25 pips with 1 hour to go on this h4 candle.

Click to Enlarge

Name: screen.png
Size: 37 KB

Tekkies Aug 20, 2019 9:28am | Post# 97524

1 Attachment(s)
How do you see where the actual price has been in HA candles?
Like this?
- Activate Candle bar.
- Change line thickness in HA Option\Colors
Name:  lyk.PNG
Views: 714
Size:  15 KB
Not a nice chart to look at.

ryudazooo Aug 20, 2019 9:33am | Post# 97525

Does anyone have this indicator and template?
I really want one.https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...0&d=1532182138

Vic80 Aug 20, 2019 9:55am | Post# 97526

1 Attachment(s)
I live in Europe and I was trading on 1H time frame USDCAD. I entered where the blue line is. I entered at the begining of the candle with TDI cross. Also, I was seeing divergence between price and TDI. It started to move in my favour but the next candle moved in the opposite direction. I'm still in but close to my SL.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 81 KB

Britpip7 Aug 20, 2019 10:19am | Post# 97527

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Lyk this? - Activate Candle bar. - Change line thickness in HA Option\Colors {image} Not a nice chart to look at.
I overlay the APB candles with Bars as opposed to Candles

I find it easier on the eyes
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDCADDaily 8-17-2019.png
Size: 41 KB

Tekkies Aug 20, 2019 11:44am | Post# 97528

I live in Europe and I was trading on 1H time frame USDCAD. I entered where the blue line is. I entered at the begining of the candle with TDI cross. Also, I was seeing divergence between price and TDI. It started to move in my favour but the next candle moved in the opposite direction. I'm still in but close to my SL. {image}
- Did Stoch confirm direction?

Vic80 Aug 20, 2019 11:48am | Post# 97529

Yes, stochastic confirmed direction

Tekkies Aug 20, 2019 1:03pm | Post# 97530

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, stochastic confirmed direction
Blue = consolidation
Yellow = Support / Resistance
- Trade taken smack bang in the middle.
- Long term trend up (Look D1)
- No short term trend (Look H1)
- Wicks long / bottom of candle
- Bars are different size both direction
Click to Enlarge

Name: smack.PNG
Size: 33 KB

DrDave Aug 20, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 97531

- Long term trend up (Look D1)
- No short term trend (Look H1)
- Wicks long / bottom of candle
- Bars are different size both direction
USDCAD, right?

Here is what I see.
MN in downtrend.
W1 rallying
D1 has been in an up move due to the W1 rally, and "time is up" for it to drop.

H4 Also "time is up" to drop.
H1 A bit messy with the current sideways channel, but further supports a down move is imminent.
M15 just gives a zoomed-in view of the H1 ranging.

Conclusion: Weekly has been in a rally, supporting buyers. "Time is ended" for D1 to be up, and this view is supported by H4 and H1. A breakout of the current range is needed with commitment. Although the breakout CAN go either direction, the bias is to go down. OF course the D1 cannot fall immediately; it will take some cycling down and up of the smaller charts first.

Vic80 Aug 20, 2019 2:12pm | Post# 97532

Thank you so much for your analysis

Tekkies Aug 20, 2019 3:04pm | Post# 97533

{quote} That is USDCAD, right? Here is what I see. Long term trend is down, both monthly and weekly. Weekly is up as a rally to the Monthly, so this makes D1 up. However, "time is ended" for D1 to be up, and H4 supports this view. Also, "time is ended" for H1 to be up, but there is no commitment by either buyers or sellers for direction, as can be seen by the sideways movement of HA bars with small bodies and long wicks. M15 gives only a more zoomed-in view of the ranging of H1. Even though at the moment price is moving down, it is still well in...
OF course DI can continue to go up, changing W1 / MN to the upside.
-----
Rather go by what TDI is currently showing: the here and now.
- past MIGHT indicate what will happen.
- future will always be unknown.

DrDave Aug 20, 2019 3:16pm | Post# 97534

{quote} OF course DI can continue to go up, changing W1 / MN to the upside. ----- Rather go by what TDI is currently showing: the here and now. - past MIGHT indicate what will happen. - future will always be unknown.
Great, if it works for you, keep doing it.

Of course the future is unknown. That is why after we do TA and determine the chart most likely to see action next and the mostly likely direction, we watch our LAGGING indicators and when a move finally comes, we look for those lagging indicators to confirm the move and then we harvest the pips.

emmanuel7788 Aug 20, 2019 7:24pm | Post# 97535

1 Attachment(s)
quick question, i'm looking at this system to check on live charts if it's something for me. I know how HA candles look but i don't know how to read them, looked at an explainer video and it confused me even more. In the screenshot you see the last h4 candle where i would have made an entry at the start of the candle according to this system (even though it's the 3rd red candle, there was enough room to the downside without significant resistance). The purple line is where the price was at the start of the candle, i placed this line shortly after...

Study Post 9307 details... zoom in

For a very experienced trader like Big E, he sees the real price on the APB/HA candle .
You can also see the real price Open, High, Low and Close much easier when you switch your chart to show as Bar Chart and set that to Foreground.

Post#9307 training chart... REVERSAL CANDLE

When Stoch(8,3,3) %K cross %D is a signal
When TDI RSI(13) MA(2) cross (MA(7) is also a signal

Post#261
If Stoch's & the TDI give different signals... lights flash off and on warning me to take a closer look before entering.. and usually I look for another trade.

5 ema... shows direction currently... only wanting to enter on candle 1 or two. If there is a reversal do I have a TDI signal to enter... if not and all looks strong then enter on candle 2... use some discretion...

Post#647
Look at the candles on the last reversal... big, little, what

Click to Enlarge

Name: Big E post 9307  REVERSAL CANDLE.png
Size: 95 KB

Have Fun, learn to spot REVERSAL CANDLE setup and you have one simple and easy solution... wait for another two more. PATIENCE.

emmanuel7788 Aug 20, 2019 7:37pm | Post# 97536

1 Attachment(s)
I live in Europe and I was trading on 1H time frame USDCAD. I entered where the blue line is. I entered at the begining of the candle with TDI cross. Also, I was seeing divergence between price and TDI. It started to move in my favour but the next candle moved in the opposite direction. I'm still in but close to my SL. {image}
did you see the last rally on your chart?

very simple... there was no REVERSAL CANDLE and the market was sideways ... the PA in CONSOLIDATION (Post#647).... and selling into the Asian session low is selling into support....

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD Vic80 FXCM Aug 20 21-08-2019.png
Size: 243 KB

emmanuel7788 Aug 20, 2019 8:00pm | Post# 97537

2 Attachment(s)
When Stoch(8,3,3) %K cross %D is a signal When TDI RSI(13) MA(2) cross (MA(7) is also a signal When both the Stoch and TDI cross their 50-level, that is bonus signal... When both Stoch and TDI shows the same signal, we have a trade setup but .... look left to see any support and resistance, Example EURCAD M30 Aug 30 London session. {image}
Yesterday
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD Aug 20 M30 RSi and SToch crossed 50level  20-08-2019 17-14-06.png
Size: 55 KB

Today, as it is now,

EURCAD M30 ... do your own review and POMO

today's decision to trade should be easy now...

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD Aug21 M30 0755 21-08-2019 07-54-51.png
Size: 51 KB

DrDave Aug 21, 2019 12:13am | Post# 97538

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, I already made 2x my daily goal, and I didn't even have breakfast yet.
GBPAUD falling, as I expected.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 89 KB

Tekkies Aug 21, 2019 2:02am | Post# 97539

Guys, I already made 2x my daily goal, and I didn't even have breakfast yet. GBPAUD falling, as I expected. {image}
You like them indicator's.
-----
Based on what you posted Post 97,535 you really don't need all that wiggly rainbow lines on the chart.

DrDave Aug 21, 2019 2:54am | Post# 97540

{quote} You like them indicator's. ----- Based on what you posted Post 97,535 you really don't need all that wiggly rainbow lines on the chart.
Actually, I don't even use them! That was just a chart with a template that I was experimenting with for someone else. (It also includes substitutes for TDI; just not obvious.)

But someone with some good analytical prowress can look at those images and find which of those indicators are valuable for trade signals, and then leave off the other ones.

© Forex Factory