Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

realjumper Aug 12, 2019 9:09am | Post# 97401

{quote} I stand by my previous statement. Your use of "unless" puts the action after it as a requirement for trading to not be difficult for selected timeframes for certain people. But maybe you don't regard your conditional as explicit.

And I stand by mine...Nowhere did I "explicitly state that other timeframes require "hope and pray"

If you REALLY think that any system based around the TDI and Stochastic with a 5 EMA is limited to any specific TF, then you don't understand very much at all. I have tried to explain to you that the data that these indicators use to paint to the charts will work on any chart TF....it's is impossible for it to do otherwise. It is IMPOSSIBLE.

Tekkies Aug 12, 2019 9:19am | Post# 97402

{quote} And therein lies a significant problem: Someone else after-the-fact imposed a condition that Big E did not state in the text of post #1 that I quoted. I was using the words set down by Big E himself.
Those very same words have showed that two members read them differently.
xxxx = religion, politics, flat earth, ....................
Dave, it is all in the mind of the reader. Either you are for or against xxxxx. Both sides will look at the same xxxxx with prejudge, based viewpoint, sentiment.........

The only person that can solve those words is BigE and he is unavailable.
- Negative person will write: "Now we are stuck with a bag of rotten apples"
- Positive person will write: "buy a wheelbarrow to carry your pips to the bank"

DrDave Aug 12, 2019 10:39am | Post# 97403

{quote} And I stand by mine...Nowhere did I "explicitly state that other timeframes require "hope and pray"
I already refuted that. Continual repeating will not make it true.
If you REALLY think that any system based around the TDI and Stochastic with a 5 EMA is limited to any specific TF, then you don't understand very much at all. I have tried to explain to you that the data that these indicators use to paint to the charts will work on any chart TF....it's is impossible for it to do otherwise. It is IMPOSSIBLE.
You've lost track of the subject matter.

DrDave Aug 12, 2019 10:41am | Post# 97404

{quote} T - Negative person will write: "Now we are stuck with a bag of rotten apples" - Positive person will write: "buy a wheelbarrow to carry your pips to the bank"
LOL I took neither a negative nor a positive position. I merely QUESTIONED the validity of conflicting information.

realjumper Aug 12, 2019 10:58am | Post# 97405

{quote} I already refuted that. Continual repeating will not make it true. {quote} You've lost track of the subject matter.

You can refute whatever you want. I did not "explicitly state as evidence" anything. It's all in black and white and everyone can see it. Also, I'm well aware of the subject, you just refuse to accept that what Big E stated was his opinion, not an instruction or a rule or a guide as to which TF's should be avoided

He said: I hate trading 5min-15min-30min charts. Why? You have to monitor each trade from beginning to end and hope and pray you made a correct entry.

The above is CLEARLY the way he felt about trading 5min-15min-30min TF's and it isn't to be taken as some kind of proof that the system doesn't work in those TF's because, as I have shown, it is IMPOSSIBLE for it not work in any TF.

I have tried to explain to you that long term traders may, as in Big E's case, may feel uncomfortable trading the small TF's, just as small TF traders may feel uncomfortable trading long term. That is a fact, as is the impossibility of this type of system to favour any TF over another. You choose to refuse to accept these facts, that's fine, there's nothing more to say. You can have the last word, I know you want to.

Britpip7 Aug 12, 2019 11:24am | Post# 97406

Timeframes is all about personal preference. Phx62 https://www.forexfactory.com/phx62 had it down to a fine art between H1 and M15 entries on London nad NY opening, so the TDI approach can work well if you take the time to perfect your skills. I will only ever enter on the H4 or day charts, but that is me. Enter on the new candle for the day either as a buy or sell stop, set the stops, let it run. Another trader's posts worth a read for how he used TDI, is dsginc https://www.forexfactory.com/dcginc

Here is one of Phx62's summary charts
https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...2&d=1427517629

Tekkies Aug 12, 2019 11:32am | Post# 97407

{quote} LOL I took neither a negative nor a positive position. I merely QUESTIONED the validity of conflicting information.
Neutral person: "What now?"

DrDave Aug 12, 2019 11:36am | Post# 97408

{quote} Neutral person: "What now?"
Exactly. I asked the question, "Is it this way, or is it that way?", and gave evidence for why I choose one way over the other. I am still open to dialogue that comprises facts over opinions, feelings, and information that is not relevant to the subject

Tekkies Aug 12, 2019 11:57am | Post# 97409

{quote} Exactly. I asked the question, "Is it this way, or is it that way?", and gave evidence for why I choose one way over the other. I am still open to dialogue that comprises facts over opinions, feelings, and information that is not relevant to the subject
Did you mean: information that is not relevant to the subject.
I really don't feel like talking about the sand problem in the Sahara Desert.

DrDave Aug 12, 2019 12:12pm | Post# 97410

{quote} Did you mean: information that is not relevant to the subject. I really don't feel like talking about the sand problem in the Sahara Desert.
No, I meant what I wrote. Let me write it more explicitly.
I am still open to dialogue that includes facts over opinions, that includes facts over feelings, and that includes facts over information that is not relevant to the subject.

lisat Aug 12, 2019 12:28pm | Post# 97411

Timeframes is all about personal preference. Phx62 https://www.forexfactory.com/phx62 had it down to a fine art between H1 and M15 entries on London nad NY opening, so the TDI approach can work well if you take the time to perfect your skills. I will only ever enter on the H4 or day charts, but that is me. Enter on the new candle for the day either as a buy or sell stop, set the stops, let it run. Another trader's posts worth a read for how he used TDI, is dsginc https://www.forexfactory.com/dcginc Here is one of Phx62's summary...
Very nice to have you posting sgain Britpip7, some sanity to the thread would be nice

Maule Aug 12, 2019 12:40pm | Post# 97412

R.I.P TMS Apr 25, 2011 to 2019.

ccr Aug 12, 2019 12:44pm | Post# 97413

if you can see it you can click it .... dont forget top of icing ..... between the ears ....

realjumper Aug 12, 2019 2:41pm | Post# 97414

Timeframes is all about personal preference. Phx62 https://www.forexfactory.com/phx62 had it down to a fine art between H1 and M15 entries on London nad NY opening, so the TDI approach can work well if you take the time to perfect your skills. I will only ever enter on the H4 or day charts, but that is me. Enter on the new candle for the day either as a buy or sell stop, set the stops, let it run. Another trader's posts worth a read for how he used TDI, is dsginc https://www.forexfactory.com/dcginc Here is one of Phx62's summary...

Yes, quite so

emmanuel7788 Aug 13, 2019 5:02am | Post# 97415

R.I.P TMS Apr 25, 2011 to 2019.

some music to match the sad occassion

Inserted Video

RobinHood Aug 13, 2019 7:01am | Post# 97416

{quote} {quote} Van Tharp aka emmanuel7788 has already opened a new thread under username RobinHood
ROLMAO! That couldn't be further from the truth.

Tekkies Aug 13, 2019 7:30am | Post# 97417

{quote} ROLMAO! That couldn't be further from the truth.
Read behind the sentence Robin.
By now Emmanuel has most likely posted by far more post then you. Remarkably how fast he has become the guru in your thread. Almost every time a member does post his or her question/chart Emmanuel answer them for you.

All you have to do is sit back and watch the "game" from the bench.

Tekkies Aug 13, 2019 7:40am | Post# 97418

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} And I conclude that he was referring to the period after he had developed his system that can be traded on all timeframes. If it could not be ttraded on those lower ones, why would he not have explicitly stated, "Do not use this to trade on timeframes smaller than N." On the contrary, he said it works on all timeframes.
TDI is profitable on any time frame. You need to understand TDI with post#647.

a Little puzzle for you Dave. Which time frame is used and what was the main factor or factor's (post#647) that lead to those sell orders:
Click to Enlarge

Name: confise you.PNG
Size: 58 KB
You can find the answers in Post 97,086, Post 97,098

emmanuel7788 Aug 13, 2019 7:42am | Post# 97419

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Read behind the sentence Robin. By now Emmanuel has most likely posted by far more post then you. Remarkably how fast he has become the guru in your thread. Almost every time a member does post his or her question/chart Emmanuel answer them for you. All you have to do is sit back and watch the "game" from the bench.
hey Tekkies

below quotes by Davit on your stupidity

Quoting Davitís posts on stupidity

motives or pure stupidity number of idiots in this business is staggering.

That's the stupidity of it criticizing something you are clueless about.

perhaps even plain stupidity how else to accuse anyone without slightest evidence!

level of stupidity is staggering

The stupidity I read here daily is amazing to me!

have the audacity and stupidity to question me!

just can't understand stupidity of these people!

staggering stupidity that I can't even comprehend

Wow stupidity has no limits

Can you count from one to thousand?

Name:  TMSr post count 13-08-2019 19-31-41.png
Views: 390
Size:  23 KB

Marcusv007 Aug 13, 2019 7:53am | Post# 97420

{quote} Read behind the sentence Robin. By now Emmanuel has most likely posted by far more post then you. Remarkably how fast he has become the guru in your thread. Almost every time a member does post his or her question/chart Emmanuel answer them for you. All you have to do is sit back and watch the "game" from the bench.
Tekkies please look into:

wisdom
/ˈwɪzdəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun

1. the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise.
    "listen to his words of wisdom"
    synonyms:sagacity, sageness, intelligence, understanding, insight, perception, perceptiveness, percipience, penetration, perspicuity, acuity, discernment, sense, good sense, common sense, shrewdness, astuteness, acumen, smartness, judiciousness, judgement, foresight, clear-sightedness, prudence, circumspection; More

1. the fact of being based on sensible or wise thinking.
      "some questioned the wisdom of building the dam so close to an active volcano"
      synonyms:sagacity, sageness, intelligence, understanding, insight, perception, perceptiveness, percipience, penetration, perspicuity, acuity, discernment, sense, good sense, common sense, shrewdness, astuteness, acumen, smartness, judiciousness, judgement, foresight, clear-sightedness, prudence, circumspection; More
    2. the body of knowledge and experience that develops within a specified society or period.
      plural noun: wisdoms
      "Eastern wisdom"
      synonyms:knowledge, learning, erudition, scholarship, philosophy; lore
      "the wisdom of the ancients"

© Forex Factory