Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

amiralifx Jun 14, 2019 12:11pm | Post# 96641

1 Attachment(s)
live trading: buy usdjpy in h4 @108.455

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 183 KB

pareshshah Jun 14, 2019 12:43pm | Post# 96642

{quote} Today was an easy day for some JPY pairs... so cherry pick only the best days to trade M15 like today. lots of M15 alerts, pick any pair any time sure make money. {image} {image}

Hi Emmanuel,

I am following your posts and view all your views and outlook. I too use tdi but some time I miss the trade on another time frame. Today I show your posts where all multi-time frame indicators TDI on one chart. would appreciate if you can provide the same as per your post for small traders like me to do the better trading.

Thanks in advance.

Happy trading.

Paresh shah.

amiralifx Jun 14, 2019 1:21pm | Post# 96643

live trading: buy usdjpy in h4 @108.455 {image}

i closed my trade with +13 pips. because the market will close.

good luck

cryptoafrica Jun 14, 2019 2:09pm | Post# 96644

Hello, good traders am so grateful to all great traders who have managed to teach us how to use the TMS. I have used TMS for a week now but its the only week i have managed to be profitable in the last three months.
I hope Big E RIP and i will forever be his student for life.
Best regard.

Botan626 Jun 14, 2019 7:36pm | Post# 96645

{quote} Seeing as you asked so nicely...here is a mid Frankie momentum trade just closed. Not my favourite time to enter a trade, but Trend is down across all TF's, so a quick trade is in order. I'm not going to post too many charts as I don't use TMS, but just to be charitable! {image}

Hello, rj!

I think my 2 questions won't reveal much of your trading system, so I will give it a try.

It's clear that you use one of the HA smoothed indicators, but which one exactly, and with what settings?

Re Stochs. Still using 11,3,3 settings or different now?

bodal Jun 15, 2019 2:46am | Post# 96646

{quote} Hi bodal For discussion. What in your option set the standard that more posts should be like that post? Better, what make that post spesiaal?
Hi Tekkies ,
To be honest with all of you , I used to come and read this thread because I am interested in these matters (TDI , Average Price Bars etc...) but now I am upset ,bored , bothered (take the right expression as english is not my mother language !) by all these endless quarrels !!!
The post I quoted had what I am looking for when reading this thread : 3 sentences with tehnical opinions and 2 charts with explanations and done on a king of template , I am used to .
That's all I want to see !

arasheed Jun 15, 2019 3:14am | Post# 96647

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} What is this indicator name?.,thanks sir. {image}
Here is Display and Time Frame Indicator which you can manipulate to put in corner you like and Bold and Color and size.Click to Enlarge

Name: Display Symbol.PNG
Size: 110 KBDisplay symbol and timeframe.ex4Display symbol and timeframe.mq4

Tekkies Jun 15, 2019 4:47am | Post# 96648

{quote} And here's the last 2 trades of the day...EJ and GJ. My target for GJ was +40, but it's 3.30am Saturday morning here, so I closed early as I don't want trades open over night or over weekends. So +63 since Frankie is ok for a Friday. A word to the wise.....spend less time reading crap on FF, especially crap from people with no lives outside of FF, and more time....much more time, on your charts, because that is where the answer lays! I won't post any more charts because they are not TMS method, and as such are Off Topic for this thread....
You don't post must chart's Jumper. When you do they are gem's. Nice clean, no clutter like some of the chart's posted.
----

Of course, Echo Chamber had to respond to your post.

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 6:57am | Post# 96649

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, good traders am so grateful to all great traders who have managed to teach us how to use the TMS. I have used TMS for a week now but its the only week i have managed to be profitable in the last three months. I hope Big E RIP and i will forever be his student for life. Best regard.

keep on working ....

the average time traders spend in Forex Factory system threads ...

there's one who spent 7 years took a diversion and still have not reached that 'pot of gold'.

Click to Enlarge

Name: traders in ForexFactory.png
Size: 1.2 MB

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 7:07am | Post# 96650

{quote} Hi Tekkies , To be honest with all of you , I used to come and read this thread because I am interested in these matters (TDI , Average Price Bars etc...) but now I am upset ,bored , bothered (take the right expression as english is not my mother language !) by all these endless quarrels !!! The post I quoted had what I am looking for when reading this thread : 3 sentences with tehnical opinions and 2 charts with explanations and done on a king of template , I am used to . That's all I want to see !
Hi bodal

so you like more posts with TDI, Average Price Bars, etc ... would mean include 5EMA, Typical Price Shit+3, Stochastics (8,3,3,)? Am I correct?

What about MACD(2,13,7) with MTF function to replicate the TDI and also to help traders in:-
1) see the short term trend and long term trend as in Post#647 and
2) to take a trade entry with candle#1 and#2 (Post#261) and also possible candle#3 in certain situations?

What about an indicator that will help traders in
1) identify consolidation and to avoid trading in consolidation (Post#647)?

Is there anything that I may have left out?

trade well,

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 7:09am | Post# 96651

{quote} Hi Emmanuel, I am following your posts and view all your views and outlook. I too use tdi but some time I miss the trade on another time frame. Today I show your posts where all multi-time frame indicators TDI on one chart. would appreciate if you can provide the same as per your post for small traders like me to do the better trading. Thanks in advance. Happy trading. Paresh shah.
Hi Paresh

here,

PIPWARE mini-charts

Post#76,270
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...59#post9588859

there are other posts that I have answered many questions.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12242743

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...70#post8910070

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...03#post7298803

.../ more

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 7:16am | Post# 96652

If any of you know something BASIC about trading the forex... that's helped you... post it for the benefit of others.. We have many newer traders it can help.

Eric aka Big E our late OP once said;
If any of you know something BASIC about trading the forex... that's helped you... post it for the benefit of others.. We have many newer traders it can help.

This mean I will have to keep on posting until the new traders tell me please stop ....

I will still be here to help anyone fill your 6,000 missing hours which Big E had in 2008.

is this good for you?

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 7:38am | Post# 96653

1 Attachment(s)
Training Chart - US/Cad 4hr.. no trade here... Candle 4 is pulling back, TDI has tweeked... reversal coming... {image}

Am I right or wrong with this post? anyone?

Click to Enlarge

Name: Big E post 353 entry error.png
Size: 152 KB

kirinda Jun 15, 2019 8:16am | Post# 96654

{quote} keep on working .... the average time traders spend in Forex Factory system threads ... there's one who spent 7 years took a diversion and still have not reached that 'pot of gold'. {image}
Very good picture that shows the reality. I started to get okay results after 5 years but after soon 6 years in the business I still have something to learn.
My advises are: stick to one method (do not change if it's go bad in some periods (that's normal), put on many trades such that you can learn from your mistakes,
do not spend to much time on reading or looking at youtube videos, learn and understand money management, have a trading plan a checklist before entry, record
and evaluate trades (you can use the weekend to evalaute trades), do manual backtesting (important when you trading higher timeframe because you doesn't get as many setups).

TMS is a good strategy to start to work with and you can, over time, change it to fit how you like to trade.

DrDave Jun 15, 2019 8:32am | Post# 96655

{quote} Am I right or wrong with this post? anyone? {image}
eelfranz I don't worry about PA crossing the 5 ema. I totally depend on the TDI for my entry signals... Always entering when green crosses red and only on candle 1 or two depending on what the TDI shows... otherwise I pass and look for another set up...

Clearly, no reason at all to be considering any entry on candle 4.

DrDave Jun 15, 2019 9:28am | Post# 96656

1 Attachment(s)
Just an observation about the stoch vs TDI.
https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...6&d=1560528682
Note how the stoch line emulates TDI green, and the stoch signal line emulates TDI red. The main difference between these indicators is that the stoch is bounded between 0-100, whereas the TDI is unbounded. Another small difference is that the TDI red is smoothed more, so that its slope can actually give a clue to direction that the stoch lacks. So then why bother with the stoch? It has 1 property that can be useful; the fact that it bottoms out during strong down moves and tops out during strong up moves. This means that during the time the stoch is traveling at or near an extreme, you do not want to trade against that direction, no matter what TDI shows. If stoch is near the bottom, then crosses above your "oversold" limit line this shows you only that sellers have become weak. That is, the momentum has shifted from down to up. But you can't know just how strong the up momentum is yet; traders have to be persuaded that there is no money left in sight by selling, and that there is money in sight if buying. Note that it is not enough for sellers to drop out; there must be buyers to take over, or else the market is going to crawl along with low volatility.

Look at the stoch on the left edge of the chart. It cycles in-and-out of the overbought zone. Each time it drops out of the zone, buyers have weakened. But clearly, that is not a signal for selling; there is no confirming evidence that the trend has shifted to a down trend. Now consider the stoch after 23 May. It stays in "oversold" zone for several days. You can look for selling setups during this time, because down momentum remains strong. Near 27 May, it crosses above the "oversold" zone and then climbs. This shows you only that selling momentum has gotten weak, and selling is now not a good idea. So should you be buying now? Only if you have confirmation of an uptrend and you have valid buy setups.

Then we come to 30 May, with stoch reaching up to the "overboght" line, then curling back down. So, that indicates a great time to sell, right? Uhhhh, no. That indicates only that if you were buying, up momentum has weakened, so consider closing buy orders. So when can we sell? Only after you have a confirmation of a down trend and a valid sell setup occurs. Then stoch bottoms, showing only selling should be considered until about 3 June, when stoch crosses above the "oversold" line. This shows weakness by sellers, consider exiting any short positions.

Take a look for yourself at old charts when stoch crosses out from an extreme zone. Look at TDI green X red... did it occur on the same bar or up to 2 before the stoch crossing? Check a lot of these cases and see if you think that this can be a useful exit setup for you.
Click to Enlarge

Name: TDI-stoch.png
Size: 147 KB

pareshshah Jun 15, 2019 9:31am | Post# 96657

Hi,

Thanks for indicators. your indicator will help me trade multi time frame n scalping without taking time to browse various time frame charts.

Thanks once again.

Happy trading

Tekkies Jun 15, 2019 3:00pm | Post# 96658

Just an observation about the stoch vs TDI. https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...6&d=1560528682 Note how the stoch line emulates TDI green, and the stoch signal line emulates TDI red. The main difference between these indicators is that the stoch is bounded between 0-100, whereas the TDI is unbounded. Another small difference is that the TDI red is smoothed more, so that its slope can actually give a clue to direction that the stoch lacks. So then why bother with the stoch? It has 1 property that can be useful;...
Stoch in this method is only used to confirm direction. (Post#1)
-----
- Don't know if snarlyjack would agree with you. Post 45,063

DrDave Jun 15, 2019 4:20pm | Post# 96659

{quote} Stoch in this method is only used to confirm direction. (Post#1) ----- - Don't know if snarlyjack would agree with you. Post 45,063
Of course the stoch was dropped "officially" a long time ago. But you see a lot of people still use it. I merely added some information about it for those who still use it. They might find it actually has more value than realized. (If you actually read and understood my post, then at the very least, it provides momentum information.)

emmanuel7788 Jun 15, 2019 7:27pm | Post# 96660

{quote} Stoch in this method is only used to confirm direction. (Post#1) ----- - Don't know if snarlyjack would agree with you. Post 45,063

well, that is simple.

just read all the posts in this thread starting with post#1 and make your way up to the OP last post post#12,912, you will also get to know snarlyjack.

then next thing I would do is read all of snarlyjack's post in this thread.

then you will come to this Post#26,298
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...65#post7023265

he moved on to trading CompassFX DOTS and also Synergy Pro with Guppy MMAs.

he also uploaded the Synergy Pro system in this Post#50,214
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...90#post8002690

that's is his progress ...

© Forex Factory