Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

juantrader Apr 17, 2019 11:56am | Post# 95301

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Tekkies, thank you very much for your example, I really was referring, if you could take the operations in M5 taking as H1 as superior TF, I believe that Mr. RickM does it, anyway you have been doing it for a long time with M15 and It goes well, only that there are certain times that M15 does not give me confidence and I go to M5 also to ratify ......
In another order of ideas, according to many of the graphs that I have seen, the crossings in areas of consolidation should never be taken, in this graph with the "TDI on the graph" and the "TDI cloud" we see that in areas of downward trend there are crossings up and vice versa, one of the filters is obviously check what happens in 15 minutes and another is the famous # 647. I also put a graph of a smoothed TDI that automatically generates the V lines for your consideration, maybe you can filter the bad crossovers.
Click to Enlarge

Name: TDI CLOUD.png
Size: 303 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: TDI suavizado.png
Size: 191 KB

juantrader Apr 17, 2019 1:17pm | Post# 95302

1 Attachment(s)
Another view,
Click to Enlarge

Name: tdi mezclado.png
Size: 214 KB

Tekkies Apr 17, 2019 2:00pm | Post# 95303

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Tekkies, thank you very much for your example, I really was referring, if you could take the operations in M5 taking as H1 as superior TF, I believe that Mr. RickM does it, anyway you have been doing it for a long time with M15 and It goes well, only that there are certain times that M15 does not give me confidence and I go to M5 also to ratify ...... In another order of ideas, according to many of the graphs that I have seen, the crossings in areas of consolidation should never be taken, in this graph with the "TDI on the graph" and the "TDI...
You ask me to explain my method. Why? By what you have posted I must ask you for guidance.
----
Must say the smooth TDI gives a very nice green / red lines. Take a closer look and see the errors that a smooth TDI can cause:
- It does prevent false crossings, it will also cause that trade's will be placed late. (Price can move many pips away.)
- Can also cause a major loss in profit > Chart below: Yellow trend line. Sell order on that crossover would be a loss, TDI smooth, green never crossed red up again)
- Major concern will be that a smooth TDI will not give a clear green angle like the TDI in post#25.
(The green angle above / below 2 /4 is the key to this method.)
Name:  17042019Woensdag verlies.PNG
Views: 951
Size:  17 KB
Juan take this advice from BigE:
#285 ,............... Quit making excuses.. if it was any simpler there wouldn't be a method... it's bare bones now. Simple rules, easy TDI entries and exits... fine tune it to your understanding... don't add anything... don't complicate it. Many traders on the old thread said once they quit trying to improve it or making it more complicated... their pip take exploded.
-----
Now you probably will think why I changed some point's that BigE does use or not used or mentioned:
- HA candle does not show the bar's and wicks as clearly as Candle chart. To use post#647 effectively I like to see them bars/wicks for what they are.
So I removed HA.
- BigE left 5EMA on the chart to see how it interact with price. I don't need that interaction.
So I removed 5EMA.
- M15/H1 side by side.
Both can be traded on their own. BigE did. I am not BigE and suffer a lot of losing trades trying to trade like him. Now trading is a breeze with M15H1
- V-Line.
It is only a visuele aid I use when posting to FF. Use it or lose it.
- Time frame's and pair's
USA time does not fit in with SA time that well, DE30 "working hours" are the same as SA working hours. Also the spread is constant the same.
- Also I never refresh the M15 chart because mentioned TDI repaint history. H1 chart is used to flip through the time-frames, which I do a lot.
- Always try and place a trade in the direction of D1.
Conclusion: Removed two indicator, fine tuned it to my understanding, the rest is according to BigE's post's.
===
You should ask Rick to explain his King-Bar.

juantrader Apr 17, 2019 3:12pm | Post# 95304

Tekkies, thank you very much for your clear and prompt response.

fxnew Apr 17, 2019 4:52pm | Post# 95305

Hello Traders

I need help. I just came across this wonderful strategy and I will go through each post to understand it better, its gonna take a while to go through all these pages I have checked the attachments for the latest TDI and synergy indicator but there are quite a few and it confuses me. Can someone please update me the latest TDI, synergy indicator and template. Much appreciate.

emmanuel7788 Apr 17, 2019 6:57pm | Post# 95306

{quote} This template makes very good channels and triangles that can be used for trading by taking the bottom and the top of them ! Do you know where it can be downloaded ? It's like the below indi but the channels of the indi in the pic is better drawn ! https://forexmt4ea.com/zigzag-channel-indicator-mt4/

Not too long ago... back in 2013 we did some study on price swings , Elliot Waves, channeling techniques, etc.

I was subscriber to Elliot Waves International EWI for few years in search of my holy grail. I learn EVERYTHING.

Post 18,884 link below.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...82#post6662582

lots of examples how I use channeling technique to trade with TMS and its king the TDI.

just these few links to bring you back into the history of this thread:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...42#post7253942

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...27#post6900627

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...28#post6700428

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...36#post6645436

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...93#post6645393

Keyword search: "Channeling " ; "channelling" (typo) ; "Kennedy" ;

emmanuel7788 Apr 17, 2019 7:19pm | Post# 95307

Hello Traders I need help. I just came across this wonderful strategy and I will go through each post to understand it better, its gonna take a while to go through all these pages I have checked the attachments for the latest TDI and synergy indicator but there are quite a few and it confuses me. Can someone please update me the latest TDI, synergy indicator and template. Much appreciate.
Post#2617 replay for you:

<>
Alright all you party animals trying to recover from last night... or longer...

Last couple of pages has covered many different topics... well, touched base anyway....

2scoops... on post 2594...

2scoops asked me a long time ago what would be the most beneficial to learning this method for higher success... The answer was simple... study old charts for set ups... now strip down everything on that chart at that point... trends, angles, S/R levels, News times, Stoch angle within the 20-80 lines..etc. Burn it into your memory... I spent 2 years doing that.... so what does that mean?

It takes me 15 seconds to strip a chart down to nothing including the TDI & Stoch's. Taking clean trades is a breeze for me... why?

Read above...

I can take you to water but I can't make you drink... follow the simple entry & exit rules. Forget other indicators. I went down those roads so you wouldn't have too...

There is a handful who trade it correctly here who are rewarded nicely...

<>

Do you really want the latest TDI? or do you want to take trades like a breeze?

emmanuel7788 Apr 17, 2019 7:52pm | Post# 95308

1 Attachment(s)
This is Holy Week and it is also a sad week when I see this picture of the Notre Dame before the fire.

I visited the Cathedral a few times during my business and holiday trips in the last 30 years and I know I won't see its glory again during the remaining of my lifetime.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Notre Dame before the fire.png
Size: 1.1 MB

emmanuel7788 Apr 17, 2019 8:22pm | Post# 95309

{quote} USDJPY Apr 17 H4 10PM candle, we have a h4 reversal candle as setup, good angle seen the 12-2 and 4-6 TDI Green angle apply to both the Stochastics and the TDI Green lines, what about the 5EMA? but do we have a bonus with the 5EMA angle too? read Post#1718 and you will find the OP's answer. <> The 12-2 and 4-6 is for the TDI and not the 5ema... that would just be a bonus... <> but the PA is not out of the woods yet. {image}

USDJPY Apr 18 H4...

still stalking this pair on H4... it is still a battle of bulls and bears at BRN 112.00.

Bulls make money, Bears make money, ... but only the pigs get slaughtered.

never, never, never give up on the pairs you chose to trade.

whichever way it breaks out, I will either do one of two things ...

I keep it simple, just follow the 10 tasks of trading and trading will be a breeze with minimal emotions attached.

emmanuel7788 Apr 17, 2019 9:25pm | Post# 95310

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Apr 18 H4 Tokyo +2

This morning's Japan PMI data release did not impress and that did not move the market today.

so the waiting continues until ... I don't know when... maybe when NY session data later.

the last H4 RSI price line did not show the angle I always want to trade.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY Apr 18 H4 RSi line angle Tokyo2 18-04-2019 09-17-23.png
Size: 54 KB

still not out of the woods yet... and now we see a H4 Master Candle ... consolidation range high-low. Post#647 warns us to look for consolidation and not to trade when PA is in consolidation. Do you have this rule?
But Post3647 did not say you cannot trade H1 and M15, right?
In fact, Post#647 was silent on many things about trading price action.
Keep It Simple has its limitations.

mi5mi6 Apr 18, 2019 12:51am | Post# 95311

{quote} USDJPY Apr 18 H4... still stalking this pair on H4... it is still a battle of bulls and bears at BRN 112.00. Bulls make money, Bears make money, ... but only the pigs get slaughtered. never, never, never give up on the pairs you chose to trade. whichever way it breaks out, I will either do one of two things ... I keep it simple, just follow the 10 tasks of trading and trading will be a breeze with minimal emotions attached.
Emmanuel, what are the 10 tasks of trading?

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:08am | Post# 95312

1 Attachment(s)
USDJPY Apr 18 H4 Tokyo +2 This morning's Japan PMI data release did not impress and that did not move the market today. so the waiting continues until ... I don't know when... maybe when NY session data later. the last H4 RSI price line did not show the angle I always want to trade. {image} still not out of the woods yet... and now we see a H4 Master Candle ... consolidation range high-low. Post#647 warns us to look for consolidation and not to trade when PA is in consolidation. Do you have this rule? But Post3647 did not say you cannot trade H1...

USDJPY Apr 18 H4 Tokyo 7th hour, and it is Big E 10PM candle

Not a good angle within my specifications but the PA + Stochastics are both good enough for me to jump in now.

its all about %R, R-Multiple and Position Sizing.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY Apr 18 H4 breakout Tokyo7th 18-04-2019 13-04-58.png
Size: 53 KB

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:17am | Post# 95313

{quote} Emmanuel, what are the 10 tasks of trading?
10 Tasks of Trading

First, read the book The Art of War, by Sun Tzu.

Then download this very old pdf dates back to 1992... [The Ten Task of Top Trading] click to download.

After you have read this pdf and have understood that well enough, you will write down your daily tasks as a trader. This would be your first step to start work on your trading discipline and with your trading tasks written down, you will then check on yourself every week, every day, every hour, every time you open your trading chart, ....

No time for FEAR and no need for GREED. As traders we remain focus in performing the ten tasks of top trading. Trading then become 100% psychological.

Tekkies Apr 18, 2019 1:21am | Post# 95314

Hello Traders I need help. I just came across this wonderful strategy and I will go through each post to understand it better, its gonna take a while to go through all these pages I have checked the attachments for the latest TDI and synergy indicator but there are quite a few and it confuses me. Can someone please update me the latest TDI, synergy indicator and template. Much appreciate.
Did you read Post#1 right to the end?
See post #25 on page 2 for indicators...

Latest update: PAGE 11, Post # 156... thanks Cliff
Another update by Numb3rs - 4/29 - Pg 48, post 713
UPDATE: See post #25
See post 14 & 15 for TDI & HA (APB) candles.
#1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl
----
There is really no need to read all posts. Download BigE full.pdf which contain all of BigE's posting.
Best advice is to study on your own. Use the search function for answer's to your questions. There are different opinions to what BigE has posted.
Like Post 95,308.
What did BigE mean by: Taking clean trades is a breeze for me... why?

Did he mean this:
The answer was simple...
1. study old charts for set ups...
2. now strip down everything on that chart at that point... trends, angles, S/R levels, News times, Stoch angle within the 20-80 lines..etc.
3. Burn it into your memory...
Read above... (Step 1, 2, 3)

What about:
4. follow the simple entry & exit rules.
Now if you don't have TDI and Stoch on the chart how can you apply Post 643 or Post 647:
When wanting to enter a TDI trade
How does the momentum look right now (12-2, 4-6)
Does Stoch's confirm the TDI signal
What about Post#1?
The key to this method is the Traders Dynamic Index indicator for entries and exits. I also use a Stochastics (8,3,3) indicator. It is ONLY used to confirm direction.

5. Forget other indicators. I went down those roads so you wouldn't have too...
The last chart posted by BigE's Post 10,736 still got TDI and Stoch on the chart.

The last post by BigE relevant to TMS Post 12,726: fOLLOW THE RULES.
----
That is what I did and it does work.

TDI is king in this method and that is how I trade and use it.

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:28am | Post# 95315

some say the Queen is PA.

I read this in another thread.

https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...1&d=1555556174

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:34am | Post# 95316

{quote} Did you read Post#1 right to the end? See post #25 on page 2 for indicators... Latest update: PAGE 11, Post # 156... thanks Cliff Another update by Numb3rs - 4/29 - Pg 48, post 713 UPDATE: See post #25 See post 14 & 15 for TDI & HA (APB) candles. #1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl ---- There is really no need to read all posts. Download BigE full.pdf which contain all of BigE's posting. Best advice is to study on your own. Use the search function for answer's...

But do you know that those two famous pdfs are not complete?

Do you know that this new member has been to the old thread title Craig Harris Stochastics Method which started as GBP/USD M15?

Better for every newcomer to this thread to read starting at Post#1 till Post#12,912 which is the OP' last post.

OR this below:

As a first time visitor, you must first learn the OP' TMS 5-Method and master that.

Introduction to Trading Made System

To learn what Trading Made Simple is, you have to follow the trading journey of the OP eelfranz aka Big E. He started as a newbie in 2008. Know the history and you will learn a lot from the OP and when you have mastered the 5-Method, you can then move on and develop your own trading system following how he did his. I have moved on after 7 years.

Trading Made Simple for beginners : Post#52,707

A short history by pioneer member snarlyjack Post#110

Our late OP eelfranz aka Big E spent 6,000 hours: Post#6 and he evolved as a trader and went on and developed two trading methods.
5-Method and 21/233 Method Post#3018, Post#4104,

After months of postings and answering many frequently asked questions FAQs,
eelfranz made the jump to this new Trading Made Simple thread on 26 April 2011... Post#4432

In Post#1, he explained how he traded the H4 chart timeframe and he also traded the H1 chart during the NY session. This suited his lifestyle being retired and the time zone he lived. Sadly he passed away in Oct 2012.

Two very important posts: Post#261 and Post#647, give a simple summary of what this 5-Method is and the basic forex stuff we check before we look for the TDI setups to trade.

TMS 5-Method Basic Rules: Post#53,841
Always check the #1- Price Action first, then #2- TDI Post#3142
Big E wanted us to build this TMS thread together... Post#4,432

The original indicators and template Post#25
When you are overwhelmed (information overload) by the number of posts and the loads of information and variations shared by other traders here, the best thing to do is to stop reading and go back to the basics what Big E mentioned in his 463 posts in this thread and 861 posts in the CHS thread. First you learn and master the 5-Method first before you start add your own tweaks and make a new system.

Recommendations:
Read all of Big E posts... 861posts in the Craig Harris Stochastics thread and 463 posts in this TMS thread....and make notes on those training charts he posted. Pay attention whenever he mentioned PA and what you see on his training charts.

Learn the basic stuff about forex trading first. A good place to start is www.babypips.com/school

If you want to trade the way Big E described in Post#1, make sure you use his template , the Synergy APB / HA candles and use that TDI Red Green version. These are in Post#25.

Important to Note that the TDI Red Green version repaints all the bars in history so you cannot use this when you do back-testing by scrolling back your charts. The better way is to run this in live market and trade the TMS setups based on what you see without refreshing your charts. When you want to trade with entries on the APB#1 and APB#2 candles, always wait for the price bar/candle to close and use the TDI to confirm the setup.

Enjoy and Have fun during your learning journey..

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:38am | Post# 95317

So many new traders... Do not think you can trade with us without reading the thread and taking notes. READ & STUDY. Snarlyjack - Good to hear from you old friend. We have stood back to back in battle more than a few times. May your trades be blessed buddy. Come visit more often. Big E

Post#12,912 above, worth to re-post this again,

So many new traders... Do not think you can trade with us without reading the thread and taking notes. READ & STUDY.

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 1:47am | Post# 95318

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Gang, You know I prefer to trade the the 1 & 4hr timeframes.... Don't be afraid to trade the Dailies for you working guys and gals. They generally have nice runs per reversal.... give it a try....

In his post above, the OP said:
Don't be afraid to trade the Dailies for you working guys and gals. They generally have nice runs per reversal.... give it a try....

I now say, you can also trade the Weekly ...

My DE30 trades running since 3 weeks, same simple method, follow the HA candles and the 5EMA,Typical Price, Shift+3. The TDI is bonus when you follow the Queen which is the PA of the HA and 5EMA.

Click to Enlarge

Name: DE30 Week 16 going strong 18-04-2019 13-40-29.png
Size: 25 KB

Read that Post#2617 again. The OP said strip several things -
now strip down everything on that chart at that point... trends, angles, S/R levels, News times, Stoch angle within the 20-80 lines..etc. Burn it into your memory... I spent 2 years doing that.... so what does that mean?

It takes me 15 seconds to strip a chart down to nothing including the TDI & Stoch's. Taking clean trades is a breeze for me... why?

But he did not say strip the HA and 5EMA, or did he? LOL. Selective reading ....

emmanuel7788 Apr 18, 2019 2:07am | Post# 95319

1 Attachment(s)
True Story - Last week I was looking at a strong trade and my greed was running deep. Not following the rules I entered on candle 5 on the 15 minute. One full lot... Lost $308.00 fOLLOW THE RULES.
Post#12,726 is -

Lesson on Fear and Greed.

Now, selective reading,

The OP knew he was being greedy and he eventually lost $308. It was nothing to do with the TDI Entry and Exit rule.

when we face the market, we all should have this rule by Warren Buffet.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Fear and Greed Warren Buffett.png
Size: 449 KB

Do you have clear rules and definition what a strong trade is? For me it is A+++ setups or nothing.

hikaru259 Apr 18, 2019 7:29am | Post# 95320

{quote} USDJPY Apr 18 H4 Tokyo 7th hour, and it is Big E 10PM candle Not a good angle within my specifications but the PA + Stochastics are both good enough for me to jump in now. its all about %R, R-Multiple and Position Sizing. {image}
Hi Emmanuel,
Could you please tell me the reason why you choose UJ among: UJ, EJ, AJ, GJ?
Thank you.

© Forex Factory