Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

MaxZen Nov 20, 2015 3:37pm | Post# 63541

Hi Traders,

I have been quietly reading everyone's invaluable input to this thread for a couple of weeks. Having started reading from page 1 I got into the low hundreds (of page) a few months ago but then career required my full-time attention and I stepped away.
I intend to watch, learn and demo over the coming months.
I would like to learn form the wealth of past posts but can't dedicate the time to read all 3178 pages..
Question: is there a particular point in time that you would recommend reading from and then up to the current date?

I look forward to adding value myself in the months to come, but for now I will try to ask as few newbie questions as possible; I'm happy to invest the time to learn and not just expect to be spoon-fed

Thanks for insight that the regular and experienced traders contribute to this thread!

Max

freebeans Nov 20, 2015 5:06pm | Post# 63542

{quote} I think i know the answer but have to ask. I noticed your chart looked different than mine. Is that because of the time zone, I am on new york time or est. Also noticed you use the traders dynamic index on this chart. Is this an older indicator. {image} {image}
Hi, I use the TDI realtime version and set the parameters to be the same as the Synergy_Pro_TDI. TDI-RealTime version Post#17,848 Synergy_Pro_TDI settings: Post#59,624 I am not sure of your broker server time and if you have a Sunday candle. That may explain why we do not see the same Day candles. I use broker with GMT+2 which is my Sydney open hour. regards,[/quote]

The Sunday candle that explains why it is so small. Thanks!

FX boxer Nov 20, 2015 5:07pm | Post# 63543

Are those pink and red circles indicator in this Forex strategy? I was try to find it in previous posts with no success. I would appreciate name of that indicator.
Thanks.

Drewas Nov 20, 2015 5:20pm | Post# 63544

Are those pink and red circles indicator in this Forex strategy? I was try to find it in previous posts with no success. I would appreciate name of that indicator. Thanks.
No they are not. It is purely what I have added to the TMS method that helps me.

3 or 4 Semafor indicator is covered in detail on other threads in forexfactory and elsewhere in a lot more detail.

I won't post the indicator here as its not part of Eelfranz origional TMS method.

Goodolday Nov 20, 2015 11:55pm | Post# 63545

So NZD/USD finally crossed :- I haven't taken this trade but had you done so could have gotten some pips. {image}
ah finally i wasnt take that trade cause when it crosses it is my sleeping time over here
maybe i will see on next monday if there is any trading oppurtunity
Have a good weekend all

shr5 Nov 21, 2015 12:18am | Post# 63546

{quote} No they are not. It is purely what I have added to the TMS method that helps me. 3 or 4 Semafor indicator is covered in detail on other threads in forexfactory and elsewhere in a lot more detail. I won't post the indicator here as its not part of Eelfranz origional TMS method.
It's a sincere request to stop posting charts having indicators which have nothing to do with this strategy, please help the members instead of confusing them. Thanks. Have a nice weekend all.Best Regards,

Fbps Nov 21, 2015 12:56am | Post# 63547

{quote} Traders Dynamic Index Realtime: Hi ALL, Use this TDI Realtime attached and you will not see the problem with repainting in real time. See the chart below comparing both TDI Red Green and TDI RT capture over a period of time without refreshing the chart. Good Trading this week, harvest the pips with multiple Rs and positive R:R. {file} {image}

Hi Emmanuel, what does repainting means? I think my TDI is probably not realtime as it's downloaded together with the #1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl

Fbps Nov 21, 2015 1:04am | Post# 63548

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi, TDI-RealTime version Post#17,848 You can set the TDI praramters to that of the Synergy_Pro_TDI which is also realtime. The TDI_Realtime response to price volatility and does not repaint the way the TDI Red Green does. The settings: 10 = RSI period 10 5 = RSI Typical Price (not the Close) * this important to see the price bar volatility. 34 = MA period for MBL 3 = MA period for the RSI Green PL 1 = Exponential MA of Green PL 7 = MA period for the Red TSL On...
Hi Emm, are my settings below correct? I can't find where to update the Exponential MA of Green PL =1

Should I use this TDI Realtime instead of Big E from his template? Thanks.
Click to Enlarge

Name: TDI RT Settings.png
Size: 31 KB

Fbps Nov 21, 2015 1:10am | Post# 63549

{quote} Traders Dynamic Index Realtime: Hi ALL, Use this TDI Realtime attached and you will not see the problem with repainting in real time. See the chart below comparing both TDI Red Green and TDI RT capture over a period of time without refreshing the chart. Good Trading this week, harvest the pips with multiple Rs and positive R:R. {file} {image}

Hi Emmanuel, what does repainting means? My TDI is not realtime as it's downloaded together with the #1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl

stefan17 Nov 21, 2015 1:26am | Post# 63550

{quote} Hi Emmanuel, what does repainting means? My TDI is not realtime as it's downloaded together with the #1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl
Hi FBPS if you downloaded the first TDI, yes then it does repaint, that means it only updates after every new candle, the TDI RT updates the whole time

stefan17 Nov 21, 2015 1:29am | Post# 63551

{quote} It's a sincere request to stop posting charts having indicators which have nothing to do with this strategy, please help the members instead of confusing them. Thanks. Have a nice weekend all.Best Regards,
No offence buddy, but you dont need to look at the charts that does have extra indicators on, it is not written in stone that we are not allowed to put extra indicators on our charts that gives us a little extra help in reading the market.

Fbps Nov 21, 2015 1:47am | Post# 63552

{quote} Hi FBPS if you downloaded the first TDI, yes then it does repaint, that means it only updates after every new candle, the TDI RT updates the whole time
Thanks Stefan...will use TDI Realtime instead as this will be better signal.

catalin_eros Nov 21, 2015 6:57am | Post# 63553

{quote} Hi Emmanuel, what does repainting means? My TDI is not realtime as it's downloaded together with the #1 best 5 ma tdi.tpl
Hello, Fbps!

Perhaps Big Emm is busy now, so I'll try to answer you. Have you ever downloaded an indicator that shows you when to buy and when to sell, using arrows? And then you scrolled back to backtest that indicator, and saw that almost all those arrows were correctly predicting the movement in the past? And then you say to yourself: "OMG! I finally did it, this indicator will make me a gazillionaire!". Well, that's a repainting indicator, my friend. Meaning that you see today that a sell arrow appeared last week on the chart, and then price did exactly what the arrow said: it dropped like a rock. But it is not the reality. That arrow that you see today was not there last week, if you looked at that time at the chart. So stay away from that kind of repainting indicator. It's better to test it in real time, using M1 or M5, and see if it repaints.

Now, repainting with the TDI... In Big Emm's post that you referred to, you see that the TDI from bellow is different from the TDI from above. But if the chart is refreshed, they will look the same. So it basically changes its past values. That's repainting.

Repainting is also when an indicator changes its value along with the live candle, but don't worry, it's harmless. So when a new candle will open this Monday, that candle will move up and down, and TDI will follow. The other type of TDI will not move with the live candle, but will update at the candle close. See this example from Big Emm: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...07#post8550507

I hope that was helpful.

Drewas Nov 21, 2015 8:18am | Post# 63554

{quote} It's a sincere request to stop posting charts having indicators which have nothing to do with this strategy, please help the members instead of confusing them. Thanks. Have a nice weekend all.Best Regards,
Apologies your right of course. Your charts don't have any different indicators on them other than TDi, Stoch and APB's do they?

Oh hang on they do! 3200 pages when a couple can be used to sum up the strategy and show examples thats not confusing members.

Seriously the system works, I recommend anyone to seek out Eelfanzs and Phx62's posts thats all you need to study. Everything else just complicates a simple system.

If you find something along the way that helps you keep it if it doesn't help you drop it.

There's no right or wrong way to trade. There's no right or wrong way to post either!

Fbps Nov 21, 2015 8:31am | Post# 63555

{quote} Hello, Fbps! Perhaps Big Emm is busy now, so I'll try to answer you. Have you ever downloaded an indicator that shows you when to buy and when to sell, using arrows? And then you scrolled back to backtest that indicator, and saw that almost all those arrows were correctly predicting the movement in the past? And then you say to yourself: "OMG! I finally did it, this indicator will make me a gazillionaire!". Well, that's a repainting indicator, my friend. Meaning that you see today that a sell arrow appeared last week on the chart, and then...
Thanks Catalin for your detailed explanation. I have seen arrows indicators in the past but it's never accurate. The arrows pops all over the chart even on ranging market. I understand what repainting means now. Will have to see it in action on Monday. So, I suppose it makes sense to use the TDI realtime?

mfj Nov 21, 2015 9:11am | Post# 63556

{quote} yes, I know many people here want to learn to trade and become long term profitable traders. But the hard truth is you will not find it here in FF. Statistics says 95% of traders fail. This 95% is used by some people to scare other people. I think that % is much less. Nevertheless, you do not want to be part of the statistics in any way. Be yourself, find your own way. FF is a great place for social meeting of some people wanting to become traders.
If not here then please guide us newbies to the right way.

catalin_eros Nov 21, 2015 9:13am | Post# 63557

{quote} Thanks Catalin for your detailed explanation. I have seen arrows indicators in the past but it's never accurate. The arrows pops all over the chart even on ranging market. I understand what repainting means now. Will have to see it in action on Monday. So, I suppose it makes sense to use the TDI realtime?
Well, that depends if you want to see the TDI moving along with the live candle, or if you feel more comfortable with the one that updates when candle closes. It's up to your own style of trading. Personally, I am using Synergy_Pro_TDI version at the moment. I've been using it ever since I found out about it from Big Emm.

Drewas Nov 21, 2015 12:26pm | Post# 63558

{quote} If not here then please guide us newbies to the right way.
The 5 Steps to becoming a Trader

which step are you on?

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=3156

emmanuel7788 Nov 21, 2015 1:29pm | Post# 63559

{quote} The 5 Steps to becoming a Trader which step are you on? http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=3156

Good question....

Both Phx62 and I are both on Step 4 (actually it is stage 4) ...

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...52#post6794652

I have now to look for step 5 or perhaps we don't need that.

emmanuel7788 Nov 21, 2015 1:39pm | Post# 63560

Hi Folks,

It's Sunday 4:30am here and I woke up to start my new day early as I have in plan lots of places to see and things to do today.

But I know many of you are very eager to learn to trade and here is s good thread by FF member Graviton. For those who are position traders, you will learn plenty from his wealth of knowledge and experience.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=472903.

© Forex Factory