Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

Phx62 Feb 3, 2015 5:58pm | Post# 52341

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Phx62, excellent trade. Please can you refresh your chart and post that again. I want to confirm the TDI version you used. Thanks.
Per your request, refreshed and posted again.Click to Enlarge

Name: 2015.2.2.EA.M15.2.png
Size: 55 KB

sknight1 Feb 3, 2015 7:06pm | Post# 52342

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like someone (bank) went liquidity hunting.....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 052.PNG
Size: 35 KB

redcloudxlll Feb 3, 2015 7:31pm | Post# 52343

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like someone (bank) went liquidity hunting..... {image}
AU and AN are about to give us some nice moves again.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 73 KB

MrAussieFX Feb 3, 2015 7:45pm | Post# 52344

I captured and recorded the RBA RED news on 03-02-15 (2:30 pm AEST) to show why it is not a good idea to get caught up in the News trading and try to put your trades when the dust settles down.

Inserted Video

Hope this helps.

Kindest Regards

emmanuel7788 Feb 3, 2015 7:53pm | Post# 52345

2 Attachment(s)
GBPJPY D1 chart:

Four weeks back, some of us were discussing GJ and we saw an extended CD leg completion and now after many days, this pairs is still trading within the high-low of the W1 Mother Bar of the Inside Bar of 18 Jan week.
For those Elliot Wave traders, it now looks like there are 5-waves pattern after the ABCDext completion.
Question is what was the primary trend we should be considering for the 5-Waves trading going forward from here? Are we in a Bull or Bear market?

See below:
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPY D chart update ABCDx.png
Size: 81 KB

Name:  Corrective Waves.png
Views: 3841
Size:  33 KB

emmanuel7788 Feb 3, 2015 8:01pm | Post# 52346

{quote} Per your request, refreshed and posted again.{image}

Phx62,

Thank you.
I will now run back-test data to see how the different version of the TDI reacts to the volatility and do the TDI Green line angle comparsion.

regards,

emmanuel7788 Feb 3, 2015 8:24pm | Post# 52347

Emmanuel, Question. You trade all the different time frames. Which time frame do you like the best? Which time frame do you find it easiest to profit from? The reason I ask is I'm thinking of getting up really early (my time) & trading the 30 minute tf. I just wanted to get your thoughts on this idea! Thanks. sj

Hi SJ,

I developed 3 systems with different money management strategies/objectives and using the same 5-Method as the core technical trading methodology.
I trade intraday on H1, 4h swing trading using H4 chart and longer term position trading using D1 chart.
All 3 systems uses the same Big Picture. But when trading intraday, I can be trading counter trend to the 4H swing and D1 positions. That is the beauty of trading H1, when we can trade in both directions exactly the way Phx62 mentioned in one of his posts.

H1 intraday pays my weekly expenses, groceries, petrol, lots of Starbucks coffee, etc.
4H swing will be my supplement income to replace a part of my monthly salary now that I am retired.
D position trading is my yearly bonuses and savings for my grand children.

My advice to all TMS traders is: Trading is a business and should be treated seriously with clear objectives when we want to trade for a supplement income in addition to what our day jobs pays us. Start small, work hard at achieving a 10% income to supplement your day jobs. Gradually build up the consistency over the years, give yourself 3 years. For a start, work at achieving a 10% profit every 20-trading days cycle. Repeat that every 20-days.
Use SMART objectives.
S - Simple
M - Measurable
A - Achievable
R - Realistic
T - Time-base

A lot of work to do but all worth the effort and become financially independent one day.

regards,

MrAussieFX Feb 3, 2015 8:34pm | Post# 52348

{quote} Hi SJ, I developed 3 systems with different money management strategies/objectives and using the same 5-Method as the core technical trading methodology. I trade intraday on H1, 4h swing trading using H4 chart and longer term position trading using D1 chart. All 3 systems uses the same Big Picture. But when trading intraday, I can be trading counter trend to the 4H swing and D1 positions. That is the beauty of trading H1, when we can trade in both directions exactly the way Phx62 mentioned in one of his posts. H1 intraday pays my weekly...
Thanks Emmanuel,

Great post to reflect why trading should be considered as a business rather than a quick rich scheme. Appreciate the feedback on GJ pair aswell.

Kindest Regards

emmanuel7788 Feb 3, 2015 8:39pm | Post# 52349

1 Attachment(s)
Nice engulfing candle forming on AUD/CAD 4H. Seems TDI will confirm. Thoughts? {image}

Hi mordin,

here is what I observe using the TDI

Click to Enlarge

Name: mordin post  AUDCAD H4.png
Size: 49 KB

now is the time to start stalking this pair and see how the consolidation will play out over coming days.
it can go into very narrow range and that would be an opportunity.

nods80 Feb 3, 2015 9:16pm | Post# 52350

I captured and recorded the RBA RED news on 03-02-15 (2:30 pm AEST) to show why it is not a good idea to get caught up in the News trading and try to put your trades when the dust settles down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8i...ature=youtu.be Hope this helps. Kindest Regards
This was really helpful. Thanks AussieFX

nods80 Feb 3, 2015 9:22pm | Post# 52351

{quote} Hi SJ, I developed 3 systems with different money management strategies/objectives and using the same 5-Method as the core technical trading methodology. I trade intraday on H1, 4h swing trading using H4 chart and longer term position trading using D1 chart. All 3 systems uses the same Big Picture. But when trading intraday, I can be trading counter trend to the 4H swing and D1 positions. That is the beauty of trading H1, when we can trade in both directions exactly the way Phx62 mentioned in one of his posts. H1 intraday pays my weekly...
Thanks Emmanuel,

I learnt the same acronym on a Business Analysis course and is the back bone of many companies.

Shadownet Feb 3, 2015 10:07pm | Post# 52352

H4 High Low line in White background: for those who PM and ask for change in background. here is it for you. {file}
Hello Emmanuel. I really like the H4 High and Low indicator from your charts. But when I tried it I kept getting incessant alerts that the Trial has expired and the indicator does not show up on the chart? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

MrAussieFX Feb 3, 2015 11:02pm | Post# 52353

1 Attachment(s)
GA Sell M30 During Tokyo Session

Click to Enlarge

Name: GA M30 sell trade.png
Size: 254 KB

@nods80 , @SJ thanks for you time and comments, appreciate it.

Kindest Regards

omonisha Feb 3, 2015 11:38pm | Post# 52354

{quote} Hello Emmanuel. I really like the H4 High and Low indicator from your charts. But when I tried it I kept getting incessant alerts that the Trial has expired and the indicator does not show up on the chart? I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Please search inside the paperclip at the top right of this page for any indicator or pdf. Here i found one

1. Post 41,841

cigarguy Feb 4, 2015 12:40am | Post# 52355

1 Attachment(s)
EU M15, +5 (1 lot) quick scalp for testing new EA....
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDiM15.png
Size: 57 KB

snarlyjack Feb 4, 2015 1:54am | Post# 52356

Emmanuel,

I like your plan I think it's a very good plan!
I might just try to do that myself.
Thank you for all your help! This community of traders
is really good and you have given some excellent advice.
Thanks for your suggestion!
sj

likica Feb 4, 2015 2:00am | Post# 52357

1 Attachment(s)
I alwasy get excited whenever seeing double tops (go short) / double bottoms (go long) TDI setups, in this case GJ bounced off weekly S/R, if it closed below DOL short is good (counter trend trade)
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4.2.15 Wed GJ H1 FO.png
Size: 83 KB

likica Feb 4, 2015 2:10am | Post# 52358

nice TDI angle for short on GU M30

ZeF Feb 4, 2015 2:33am | Post# 52359

Keeping an eye on the UJ 4H candle, is headed outside PAC for a possible short setup.

griffinssoul Feb 4, 2015 2:37am | Post# 52360

1 Attachment(s)
"...so i took my pips and left... just like the market told me to"

GJ +30pips : indi was UJ : (cross)1H/4H [break-out retest/retrace play]... things are looking good
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 39 KB

© Forex Factory