Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

lorbax Dec 17, 2014 9:13am | Post# 47121

{quote} Thank you mate! Ahh, find it hard to choose what pair to take when there are 2 similar setups. Recently i was looking on correlated pairs, like GJ or EJ, to understand the strenght of EUR or GBP, but last few days that correlations didn't work at all. So i've decided to take 2 trades at once, even it's not in my usual rules. But that were really nice setups, very clear. Nice to see you back! Do you also trade H1 along with H4 now? {quote} Thanks Likica! Nice, but not so amazing as your usual shots
Yes it's difficult, i generally tend to open all the possible good trades splitting up the lot-sizes, just to avoid excess of risk.

As I said I normally prefer H4, but in the last few days I noted a more ranging/choppiness on h4 than h1, so I did some h1-trades. More frequently, it's the opposite.
I think I will keep it as a "side rule" - when the market is ranging and choppy I switch to h1 which is a bit more smooth, on h4 it's difficult to make it reach TP at the moment. Just my idea... market can always change, maybe tomorrow i will prefer h4 again ...

Most of this idea derives from the "christmas ranging" many operators tend to get out from the market 1-2 weeks before Xmas, until mid-january, so that's why.
This year, it's also happening a strong sell-off on some financial instruments such as OIL, Ruble, and few different equity markets (european mostly)

griffinssoul Dec 17, 2014 9:14am | Post# 47122

{quote}
Thanks nods80! Not sure I enjoyed any of that - counter-trend isnt really my thing but TMS always seems to get the upper hand... wow! I guess the idea is to grab as many trading hours under your belt as possible

RedPhoenix Dec 17, 2014 9:33am | Post# 47123

GA +50pips & EA +20pips (just missed TP@50pips ) & AChf +20pips (so very slow ) & AJ BE+comm [all light trades] : total +90pips Comment: manual exit from AJ... small candles, wicky, slow PA {image}
Great job
After yesterdays three BE's, im today EA +20 and have a little long NzdUsd with a tight stop in hope that the FOMC will just talk.
And will not enter any trade before Yellen finishes japing

snarlyjack Dec 17, 2014 10:03am | Post# 47124

{quote} Great job After yesterdays three BE's, im today EA +20 and have a little long NzdUsd with a tight stop in hope that the FOMC will just talk. And will not enter any trade before Yellen finishes japing
Redphoenix,

Were all waiting for the Fomc news & see what the Fed is going to do.
I would like to see the currency's get back into trend & away from these
counter trend trades...
sj

omonisha Dec 17, 2014 10:23am | Post# 47125

GA +50pips & EA +20pips (just missed TP@50pips ) & AChf +20pips (so very slow ) & AJ BE+comm [all light trades] : total +90pips Comment: manual exit from AJ... small candles, wicky, slow PA {image}
Nice

Morigan Dec 17, 2014 10:31am | Post# 47126

Can someone make a recap on ADR plz? The way it is used here towards the dots method is no clear for me.

lorbax Dec 17, 2014 10:48am | Post# 47127

3 Attachment(s)
E/A @H4 +25 and +35 pips -- 15.00 (gmt+1)

Daily is strong long, so I decided to take this short knowing that my TP would be quite smaller than usual, namely 35-45 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea_daily.PNG
Size: 33 KB

So this was the setup, and at 15.00 (gmt+1) I entered with two orders at the candle-open:
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea_h4.PNG
Size: 26 KB

Then I closed one order (bigger one) @+25 and the second one @+35
Click to Enlarge

Name: ea_15.PNG
Size: 26 KB

I honestly suffered a bit at the beginning, it was ranging but then after one hour, as you can see from the M15 chart (4 bars later) it pushed down well.
I was also short on GA but I closed BE just when I closed EA (since it didn't move, there was no more reason to keep it open for me)

cheers

likica Dec 17, 2014 11:09am | Post# 47128

1 Attachment(s)
Oil is up atm...
Click to Enlarge

Name: oil H1 buy Wed 17.12.14 @10am est.png
Size: 119 KB

redcloudxlll Dec 17, 2014 11:10am | Post# 47129

Oil is up atm... {image}
I want to trade oil it seems to be a lot simpler than what we see with our currencies. does FXCM support oil ?

nods80 Dec 17, 2014 11:13am | Post# 47130

Oil is up atm... {image}

Hope you are getting pips from it! I'm sure you are

Do you colour code your charts? Pink for short, blue for long?

If so I like that idea.

snarlyjack Dec 17, 2014 11:14am | Post# 47131

{quote} I want to trade oil it seems to be a lot simpler than what we see with our currencies. does FXCM support oil ?
Redcloud,

The USA regulates it's broker/dealers differently than the rest of the world.
Our platforms do not include, oil. gold, silver like other countries do.
You would have to go to a commodities broker to make those trades.
sj

likica Dec 17, 2014 11:17am | Post# 47132

{quote} I want to trade oil it seems to be a lot simpler than what we see with our currencies. does FXCM support oil ?
yip. i m using fxcm

redcloudxlll Dec 17, 2014 11:18am | Post# 47133

{quote} Redcloud, The USA regulates it's broker/dealers differently than the rest of the world. Our platforms do not include, oil. gold, silver like other countries do. You would have to go to a commodities broker to make those trades. sj
I'll stick to currencies for now haha. not trying to complicate myself. Also looking to NU took a bit of a risk and went short with it. fingers crossed and I'll get a bit of profit and walk away pumping my chest like the wolf of wall street.

likica Dec 17, 2014 11:20am | Post# 47134

{quote} Hope you are getting pips from it! I'm sure you are Do you colour code your charts? Pink for short, blue for long? If so I like that idea.
went short around LO with smaller green. just exited this long with almost 100green. I decorated my chart with all sorts...

redcloudxlll Dec 17, 2014 11:22am | Post# 47135

{quote} went short around LO with smaller green. just exited this long with almost 100green. I decorated my chart with all sorts...

Wow congrats!!!! sweet trade!!

wyley187 Dec 17, 2014 11:26am | Post# 47136

{quote} I am shorting it right now, small lot...
good trade! I got 90 pips out of that one, could have been a little more, I'm looking for a long now, I'd like it to drop another pips or so yet though

likica Dec 17, 2014 11:31am | Post# 47137

{quote} Redcloud, The USA regulates it's broker/dealers differently than the rest of the world. Our platforms do not include, oil. gold, silver like other countries do. You would have to go to a commodities broker to make those trades. sj
I didn't know that. should not post oil any more if not benefit others...

Idkurv Dec 17, 2014 11:40am | Post# 47138

{quote} good trade! I got 90 pips out of that one, could have been a little more, I'm looking for a long now, I'd like it to drop another pips or so yet though
Thanks!
I should have waited until news released though, was having floating red because of it.
But it went down eventually

redcloudxlll Dec 17, 2014 11:42am | Post# 47139

{quote} I didn't know that. should not post oil any more if not benefit others...
Don't be discouraged, by the looks it's all using TMS everything seems to work the same, I personally have looked at your oil trades and compared them to currency and setups are equal, Oil has less movement/chops I guess. It's amazing how with this system you can go on and apply it to other things, and still have the same results.

wyley187 Dec 17, 2014 11:45am | Post# 47140

{quote} Thanks! I should have waited until news released though, was having floating red because of it. But it went down eventually
i'm waiting til after fomc to make the decision on long, I'm still seeing 2.02ish as support

© Forex Factory