Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 9:09am | Post# 46421

{quote} not yet not yet .... in the mean time I milked some Aussie pips - forgot to post it earlier. I entered long both on G/A and E/A at 11.00am (gmt+1) on H4 chart.... They both looked very good but G/A faked it at the start of the candle and I manually closed it -30 which sucks because the signal was still valid, but I was too impatient. I let run EA, with CaveManager plugged in and it brought me a nice +30 +40 and +50 divided in 3 thirds of the trade. I basically recovered the loss on GA, and a few green pips but nothing much. Once again, lesson...
It's a lesson I am learning too. I lost half my profit exiting to early. My current learning goal is to take fewer trades with better entry's.

emmanuel7788 Dec 11, 2014 9:18am | Post# 46422

Hi TMS folks,
It is Thursday night where I am now in WA. Just checking in to read this week's posts and catch up up with you all.
I read some new members posting for the first time and asking some questions about TMS.
This thread has become very large and can be overwhelming to read all the posts to learn TMS 5-Method.
My suggestion for new members to go start by reading eelfranz' posts in the Craig Harris Stochastic Method thread here:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211188
Read all the 861 posts by eelfranz and you will learn the 5-Method and then come back to this Trading Made Simple thread and read eelfranz' 461 posts.
You will learn a lot how eelfranz traded the 5-Method in different timeframes. When you have learn the 5-Method basics and done enough live practice using a demo account, you will find how simple the method is and after you have mastered this very simple techincal trading method, you can then formulate your own rules for entries and exits, then add on your own money management strategy which will help you achieve your own financial target.
Consistency is an important key to become successful trader over long term. You need to work on consistency in all areas of your trading to make your system into a winning system over long term. It will take time and you need time to develop and test your system and make that into a winnign system.
Remember, TMS 5-Method is just a technical trading method, it is not a winning system untlil you have mastered it and further develop it to be your winning system.
I use this 5-Method as the core method my own 3 winning systems to trade intraday H1, short swing 4H swing trading and D1/W1 position trading. Many experienced traders here added on some things to make it into their own winnig system. Snarlyjack being one very good example, he has developed it with Guppy' MMAs to be his winning system. You can too use this 5-Method as the core trading method and develop it into your own wininng system to generate a supplement income for youself and your family.
It is a good start here using TMS 5-Method and please don't jump from thread to thread in FF and trying other methods or systems. Just stick to one core method and develop from there.
I am still on vacation until end December and I only trade looking at Weekly and Daily charts, and checking my charts once a day when I get an internet connection at my stopovers.
I got several PMs requesting topics on TMS Trading Mastery and I will resume writing weekly post in 2015 on those topics some of you requested. Be pattient and I will be happy to share with you what I learned and how I trade with TMS in different timeframes.

Meantime you shoud continue with forward testing in live market your entry and exit strategy and your money strategy with demo account. It is approaching year end end and the market condition is not 'normal' but is its good to test your strategies as well as how you would be managing your trading psychology.

Take Care and Good Trading.

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 9:18am | Post# 46423

{quote} Thanks GS, I m not there yet, lots of thanks to traders in this thread. {quote} Thanks for your kind words Nods80, I hope my posts help others, I was struggling too...I believe that if there a problem there s a solution, just make sure we open mind to see as eyes are not enough. BTW, here s the opportunity on EA... Ah, I m not in AU. I m in EU short and EA short atm. {image}
Thanks I was in already. TDI bounce on 30min.

Can I ask how long it took you learn you skills and what methods you used?

s854110 Dec 11, 2014 9:21am | Post# 46424

{quote} If your are referring to the DOTS indicator that Dean Malone is selling then SJ recommended that I use the attached indicator. Kudos for the indicator to lastingwell. And I use the adr indicator instead of Dean's ADR calculator. EDIT: the zip contains all of the other synergy pro indicators and templates. {file} {file} {file}
Thanks you

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 9:38am | Post# 46425

Hi TMS folks, It is Thursday night where I am now in WA. Just checking in to read this week's posts and catch up up with you all. I read some new members posting for the first time and asking some questions about TMS. This thread has become very large and can be overwhelming to read all the posts to learn TMS 5-Method. My suggestion for new members to go start by reading eelfranz' posts in the Craig Harris Stochastic Method thread here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=211188 Read all the 861 posts by eelfranz and you will...
Good morning everyone!

Thanks Emmanuel! I hope your having a great time!

Emmanuel said a couple of very important things:

1). Learn the basic Tms system first.
2). Don't switch into different systems or indicators. This will only delay your learning and
take you much longer to learn & trade profitable than sticking with Tms. Tms works and is a
great system. I have spent years checking it against other system's candle by candle.
This system is as good as it gets. Their is no "holy grail" out their! Stick it out & don't quit!
sj

likica Dec 11, 2014 9:44am | Post# 46426

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks I was in already. TDI bounce on 30min. Can I ask how long it took you learn you skills and what methods you used?
How are you going?
I was not sure how to deal with support facing (guppy on EA and 200MA on EU), got out with 40green from EA and 48 green from EU.
I have been using TMS for 6 mths but been trading Futures for a lot longer than 6 mths..
Click to Enlarge

Name: EA EU M30 short Thu 11.12.14 NY +40+47.png
Size: 99 KB

Landline Dec 11, 2014 9:50am | Post# 46427

{quote} Good morning everyone! Thanks Emmanuel! I hope your having a great time! Emmanuel said a couple of very important things: 1). Learn the basic Tms system first. 2). Don't switch into different systems or indicators. This will only delay your learning and take you much longer to learn & trade profitable than sticking with Tms. Tms works and is a great system. I have spent years checking it against other system's candle by candle. This system is as good as it gets. Their is no "holy grail" out their! Stick it out & don't quit! sj
Hi SJ

As you know. I've been trading a slightly modified version of your method, basically minus the PAC and guppies.

The results are quite amazing given the absolute simplicity of the system, and yes, whilst its not the holy grail as you say, if it continues to produce the results I've been getting, then it's gotta be darn close to it.

Hats off to you guys for adding it to my arsenal of tools...can't thank you guys enough

Cheers...LL

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 9:57am | Post# 46428

{quote} Hi SJ As you know. I've been trading a slightly modified version of your method, basically minus the PAC and guppies. The results are quite amazing given the absolute simplicity of the system, and yes, whilst its not the holy grail as you say, if it continues to produce the results I've been getting, then it's gotta be darn close to it. Hats off to you guys for adding it to my arsenal of tools...can't thank you guys enough Cheers...LL
Landline,

Good!
I've been supporting myself for about 8 years trading this system!
The longer you trade this way it becomes very natural & super effective.

The reason I use the guppy's is I don't scalp. My idea of a good
trade is 150-300 pips on the daily. I like to position myself into
the trend & let it run...

Keep doing what your doing. You will get even better in the future!
sj

RedPhoenix Dec 11, 2014 9:58am | Post# 46429

3 Attachment(s)
Two more trades. EURUSD +59, USDJPY +45 and earlier GBPAUD +70
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 156 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 155 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 161 KB

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 10:05am | Post# 46430

Two more trades. EURUSD +59, USDJPY +45 and earlier GBPAUD +70 {image} {image} {image}
RedPhoenix,

That is excellent!

One comment if you don't mind. Keep your charts very
clean & simple. You don't need the Williams %R, it will
only confuse you going forward...Other than that it is
perfect Good job!
sj

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 10:07am | Post# 46431

{quote} How are you going? I was not sure how to deal with support facing (guppy on EA and 200MA on EU), got out with 40green from EA and 48 green from EU. I have been using TMS for 6 mths but been trading Futures for a lot longer than 6 mths.. {image}
I'm still in. following the yellow brick rd and waiting for an exit signal. Has pulled back a bit which is unnerving. SL at BE+5.

Landline Dec 11, 2014 10:12am | Post# 46432

{quote} Landline, Good! I've been supporting myself for about 8 years trading this system! The longer you trade this way it becomes very natural & super effective. The reason I use the guppy's is I don't scalp. My idea of a good trade is 150-300 pips on the daily. I like to position myself into the trend & let it run... Keep doing what your doing. You will get even better in the future! sj
That's encouraging to hear that this system has provided all your needs, and based upon what I've seen the last couple of week, it actually doesn't surprise me.

This method looks like it will become the cornerstone of my trading style from now on too....the results and its simplicity are the big appeal to me, and you can be sure I'll continue doing what I'm doing to improve further.

As a typical example, UJ is still running favourably long for me via the method

Cheers SJ...you've been very helpful

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 10:12am | Post# 46433

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I'm still in. following the yellow brick rd and waiting for an exit signal. Has pulled back a bit which is unnerving. SL at BE+5.
Nods,

Here is another view of the E/A chart for you!
Don't let the "pro's" syke you out! They love to do that...
sj
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURAUDWeekly.png
Size: 67 KB

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 10:19am | Post# 46434

I will not tamper with my trade, I will not tamper with my trade, I will not tamper with my trade.

radiant army Dec 11, 2014 10:20am | Post# 46435

{quote} Mary4x, Good...I think it's much cleaner & simpler! This is Trading Made Simple after all But it's still work...their are no magic bullets. sj
hello sj how one trades guppy/dot? mary said he is comfortable usin ur system

s854110 Dec 11, 2014 10:21am | Post# 46436

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Nods, Here is another view of the E/A chart for you! Don't let the "pro's" syke you out! They love to do that... sj {image}
hi sj
Will my understanding correct?
thank you

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYFXFH4.png
Size: 81 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDFXFH4.png
Size: 99 KB

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 10:28am | Post# 46437

{quote} hello sj how one trades guppy/dot? mary said he is comfortable usin ur system
Radiant army,

Nice meeting you!

The DOTS system is the basic Tms with the guppy's added in.
(no big deal)
The long term guppy's are: ema/close, 30,35,40,45,50,55,60 (green).
The pac is: 5 smoothed hi, 5 smoothed low, (yellow).
With the Tdi & Lastingwell's sup/dem indicator which we use for s/r.
The sup/dem indicator is in the paperclip.
It's a great system that will give you the (levels, trend & tdi)

If you need any help, just ask
sj

Fd7999 Dec 11, 2014 10:30am | Post# 46438

Still sitting in 4 trades for today. Eur/Jpy sitting around Entry, EU +47, UJ +54, GU -28. Have the EU and UJ now at b/e. Just about to get on the plane to Spain for a week, stop loss and TP in place. Got my Trading in the Zone book for the flight. Happy pips folks.

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 10:31am | Post# 46439

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} How are you going? I was not sure how to deal with support facing (guppy on EA and 200MA on EU), got out with 40green from EA and 48 green from EU. I have been using TMS for 6 mths but been trading Futures for a lot longer than 6 mths.. {image}

Just hit my tp targert for 52 green. Thanks for your support.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EA.PNG
Size: 49 KB

snarlyjack Dec 11, 2014 10:33am | Post# 46440

{quote} hi sj Will my understanding correct? thank you {image} {image}
S854110,

Nice meeting you!

I would be going long the usd/jpy & short the eur/usd.
The trends on the daily are very strong! What happened
yesterday (retrace into the guppy's) imho, the pro's
were messing with us... (just my opinion).
sj

© Forex Factory