Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading Made Simple (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=291622)

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 6:19am | Post# 46381

1 Attachment(s)
What are your thoughts on USDJPY. Nice TDI Cross, Could retrace, Guppys nice and tight, 200sma pointing up. But sat in the middle of the PAC and already reached ADR.

Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy.PNG
Size: 44 KB

pipsaurus Dec 11, 2014 6:28am | Post# 46382

What are your thoughts on USDJPY. Nice TDI Cross, Could retrace, Guppys nice and tight, 200sma pointing up. But sat in the middle of the PAC and already reached ADR. {image}
Hi Nods,

I am looking at UJ as well but am waiting for price to show a strong candle crossing the PAC and Guppys before taking a trade (targeting 121.70)

Cheers
PS

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 6:35am | Post# 46383

{quote} Hi Nods, I am looking at UJ as well but am waiting for price to show a strong candle crossing the PAC and Guppys before taking a trade (targeting 121.70) Cheers PS
Thanks. That lines up with thoughts of waiting for it to break the resistance at 118.970

Morigan Dec 11, 2014 6:37am | Post# 46384

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to explain how i'm going to use TMS strategy toward an exemple.
On EJ we have a valid TDI cross. Moreover wi are above a chartist resistance (2 trend lines). I admit the are not the strongest lines (one is buil on other line reporting and other is not an evident support. But the idea is to show you the spirit. There could be better configuration i took the first correct that happened.
For money management i take 3 positions. The stop is set at buy to the lastest low for the 3 positions. Then i use fibs to close the 2 first positions. As target on is reached i move stop to break even level. Target 3 will be the trend line but there could be no fixed tp for letting run the trade in swing.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.jpeg
Size: 373 KB

lorbax Dec 11, 2014 6:37am | Post# 46385

2 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,
I took some days off and now back on the charts.

I entered LONG on EUR/JPY and USD/JPY at 11.00am (gmt+1) on H4 chart.
for now E/J is going decently well while U/J is still in the red pips, not too bad.

EJ (SL to BE+2)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 45 KB

UJ
Click to Enlarge

Name: adsffad.PNG
Size: 36 KB

cheers

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 6:40am | Post# 46386

Hi folks, I took some days off and now back on the charts. I entered LONG on EUR/JPY and USD/JPY at 11.00am (gmt+1) on H4 chart. for now E/J is going decently well while U/J is still in the red pips, not too bad. EJ (SL to BE+2) {image} UJ {image} cheers
Great to see your back lorbax! Good luck with your trades mate

firas1980 Dec 11, 2014 6:46am | Post# 46387

Hi everyone i want to ask about d.o.t.s system method by dean malone if any one use this indicator its agood indicator or not because iwant to use it with TDI

Sesamstrasse Dec 11, 2014 6:53am | Post# 46388

Hi everyone i want to ask about d.o.t.s system method by dean malone if any one use this indicator its agood indicator or not because iwant to use it with TDI
I was busy all week , just returned from a busines trip last night .
Coming weekend Iīll give it a try and find out if I like it the coming weeks ..
Iīm sure itīs a nice combination with the TDI ...

... but to answer your question ; I have no experience with it yet .. ask in some weeks again and youīll get a better answer.
Guido

lastingwell Dec 11, 2014 6:55am | Post# 46389

Snarlyjack uses DOTS, a lot of us don't, personally I don't see a need for it, but some find it useful.

Sesamstrasse Dec 11, 2014 7:04am | Post# 46390

1 Attachment(s)
My first entry this week ..
For me it looked nice when I opened. ( Demo )
TDI had a very steep cross , stoch on the way up .. , all fine .
Support below my bars .

Iīm - 38 pips now and soon , at - 45 Iīll kick it out .
Itīs a sloppy pair and my max risk limit for this is reached soon .
Guido
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYH4.png 11.12..png
Size: 41 KB

TheScorpS Dec 11, 2014 7:12am | Post# 46391

FIRST 50+ on a full lot .... Dedicated to Big E and Phx62 ..... {image}
That repeatable, but just build your strategy with enough data, and these trades can be taken again and again , well done

Toldeo, Awesome as always, I had some issues with trading platfoorm am closed mine with +3 from mobile

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 7:25am | Post# 46392

3 Attachment(s)
{quote}Snarlyjack uses DOTS, a lot of us don't, personally I don't see a need for it, but some find it useful.
If your are referring to the DOTS indicator that Dean Malone is selling then SJ recommended that I use the attached indicator. Kudos for the indicator to lastingwell. And I use the adr indicator instead of Dean's ADR calculator.

EDIT: the zip contains all of the other synergy pro indicators and templates.

II_SupDemMOD.ex4
!SM_ADR Marker.ex4
Synergy Pro.zip

radiant army Dec 11, 2014 7:29am | Post# 46393

My first entry this week .. For me it looked nice when I opened. ( Demo ) TDI had a very steep cross , stoch on the way up .. , all fine . Support below my bars . Iīm - 38 pips now and soon , at - 45 Iīll kick it out . Itīs a sloppy pair and my max risk limit for this is reached soon . Guido {image}
tdi not slope enough to enter a trade on usdjpy i also saw it

Sesamstrasse Dec 11, 2014 7:35am | Post# 46394

{quote} tdi not slope enough to enter a trade on usdjpy i also saw it
I entered exactly at candle open , with a wonderful TDI cross ..
This TDI is just a little " repainting " so it looks not perfect right now .. but at the beginnning of the candle, all was fine .. steep angle at the cross .( 12-2 )

The big answer , why not every trade can be profitable is :
Nothing is 100 % .. and sometimes it just donīt work ..
Guido

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 7:38am | Post# 46395

{quote} I entered exactly at candle open , with a wonderful TDI cross .. This TDI is just a little " repainting " so it looks not perfect right now .. but at the beginnning of the candle, all was fine .. The big answer , why not every trade can be profitable is : Nothing is 100 % .. and sometimes it just donīt work .. Guido

I think just a little pull back. Uptrend will resume.

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 7:42am | Post# 46396

{quote} I think just a little pull back. Uptrend will resume.
Yes, cross was excellent and technically trade still active... but as Sesamstrasse says not everything is 100%

nods80 Dec 11, 2014 7:45am | Post# 46397

{quote} Yes, cross was excellent and technically trade still active... but as Sesamstrasse says not everything is 100%
I think its just profit taking before the US news

griffinssoul Dec 11, 2014 7:59am | Post# 46398

{quote} I think its just profit taking before the US news
EU is shooting down... hard to tell if thats a good sign or delayed from earlier???

lorbax Dec 11, 2014 8:01am | Post# 46399

{quote} I entered exactly at candle open , with a wonderful TDI cross .. This TDI is just a little " repainting " so it looks not perfect right now .. but at the beginnning of the candle, all was fine .. steep angle at the cross .( 12-2 ) The big answer , why not every trade can be profitable is : Nothing is 100 % .. and sometimes it just donīt work .. Guido
Agree 100% on what you say mate.
Cross was perfect when we entered (as we took the same trade) and from my screenshot you all can see it, although I took it few minutes afterwards.

As much as 100% doesn't exist, total randomness doesn't exist. It's a matter of surfing on the edges of probability waves....
I'm such a poet sometimes, I don't even know why I'm not rich selling poetry books

Morigan Dec 11, 2014 8:03am | Post# 46400

1 Attachment(s)
I have another enty on eu , H4. We are bouncing over the last bearish leg fib ratio and a trend line. TDI signal is valid. I short.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.jpeg
Size: 321 KB

© Forex Factory