Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simple 4H System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=285355)

Lost_angles Mar 25, 2011 1:57am | Post# 21

hi there.. back then i try this system in demo acc and the result is i have almost +80pip but didnt move the sl before i go to sleep... and when i woke up my sl hit... haha.. lol..

anyway nice system... here's i put my modified chart, i add macd and stokastic oscilator... hope next time i get a better result.. cheeerrsss...

http://i51.tinypic.com/11kaz2w.gif

RinaZ Mar 25, 2011 3:05am | Post# 22

tpl

hi ,lost angles

can you share Template,please...
thx u

Jcpfx Mar 25, 2011 6:08pm | Post# 23

1 Attachment(s)
So here's an update on the status of the 4H setup. SL is pretty much in the same spot as price took a dip and is sitting close to the prior swing low. We'll see what happens on Sunday, looks like there may be a good chance of getting stopped out.

There is now a short setup forming as the 7/14's have crossed over once again to he down side and the 7 is below the 30 EMA. Unfortunately these are the types of situations where most of the losses are incurred, it's just part of trading a simple trend based system such as this.

Please keep in mind that the strength of this system is in the ability to build multiple positions during the next strong trend. Some of these positions end up covering prior losses incurred during consolidation, and the rest are profit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4H_0311_7.jpg
Size: 182 KB

mondoremix Mar 27, 2011 9:53pm | Post# 24

Hi Jcpfx.. I like the system.. I've played around with similar before but nothing seirous. I will be following closely.

So, because of the 7/15 cross in the short direction, will you definitely be enterring short as price pulls back to the 7/15, even while you are still in the long? Or is there some discretion used

Jcpfx Mar 27, 2011 11:22pm | Post# 25

1 Attachment(s)
Stopped out of long position at the break of the prior swing low.

I will be looking to short in the 7/14 per the chart posted below.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4H_0311_8.jpg
Size: 188 KB

Jcpfx Mar 27, 2011 11:25pm | Post# 26

Hi Jcpfx.. I like the system.. I've played around with similar before but nothing seirous. I will be following closely.

So, because of the 7/15 cross in the short direction, will you definitely be enterring short as price pulls back to the 7/15, even while you are still in the long? Or is there some discretion used
Hi Mondormix,

Yes, I will be looking for shorts in that area regardless of any long positions that I may have open at the time. I often do have both longs and shorts open an the same time. Regarding discretion, that is used, but mainly on entries, as my entries aren't always precise because I'm not always available to monitor the charts.

Splurge Mar 28, 2011 3:41am | Post# 27

With the lower low the short looks good to me I will be looking to enter short as well.
Jcpfx can you please just confirm what feed you use and your Timezone as my charts look different from yours. I am on GMT with Alpari.

Thanks

Splurge

Jcpfx Mar 28, 2011 10:44am | Post# 28

1 Attachment(s)
Here a chart of the latest entry, Short at 4100. We'll see, could go either way in my opinion, just following my rules at this point.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4H_0311_9.jpg
Size: 197 KB

Jcpfx Mar 28, 2011 10:45am | Post# 29

With the lower low the short looks good to me I will be looking to enter short as well.
Jcpfx can you please just confirm what feed you use and your Timezone as my charts look different from yours. I am on GMT with Alpari.

Thanks

Splurge
Hi Splurge,

I am using GFT Dealbook Web, and I am in PST.

Jcpfx Mar 29, 2011 10:45am | Post# 30

1 Attachment(s)
An update on the current open short. SL moved to 4157.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4H_0311_10.jpg
Size: 195 KB

Jcpfx Mar 29, 2011 10:31pm | Post# 31

1 Attachment(s)
A second short entry placed as the 4H continued to pull back today. Entry based on 15M PA.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 4H_0311_11.jpg
Size: 195 KB

Splurge Mar 30, 2011 2:37am | Post# 32

Nice call

Splurge Mar 31, 2011 3:27am | Post# 33

Well I thought so but mkt obviously disagreed.

Are you looking to go long here now

Splurge

Jcpfx Mar 31, 2011 11:13am | Post# 34

Well I thought so but mkt obviously disagreed.

Are you looking to go long here now

Splurge
Hey Splurge,

Yes, took two more losses on this one, That's five in a row. I will wait for PA on the 15M before going long again. I have to admit, after riding the last couple of strong trends over the months for +300 a couple of times, with some minor losses along the way, these consecutive losses have been tough to handle and is making me question my efforts to keep this simple.

This being said, I still do believe that in the long run I will come out ahead, but, what I haven't accounted for is the possibility of hitting long term consolidation. I've been working on coming up with something to add to this that could account for that without over-complicating and taking away too much from the trends.

I'm hoping to improve this as I go, any thoughts or ideas are welcome. Meanwhile I will keep on as planned.

Best,

JCPFX

froggus Apr 1, 2011 6:33am | Post# 35

Hi JCPFX

I like this system and will jump on board to see how it goes.

I am trying to perfect a similar system. I use a 5/10 ma xover. 1 rule i have is to only go long in an uptrend and short in a downtrend. I look to the daily and weekly TFs to determine the trend. E/U is currently trending strongly upward so I will only go long at the moment and ignore sell signals.

Of your losses how many have been from going short?

Jcpfx Apr 1, 2011 10:42am | Post# 36

Hi JCPFX

I like this system and will jump on board to see how it goes.

I am trying to perfect a similar system. I use a 5/10 ma xover. 1 rule i have is to only go long in an uptrend and short in a downtrend. I look to the daily and weekly TFs to determine the trend. E/U is currently trending strongly upward so I will only go long at the moment and ignore sell signals.

Of your losses how many have been from going short?
Hello Froggus,

I had 2 longs and 3 shorts. As you'll see on the 4H over the last week, the EMAs have been sideways, giving several false signals. I currently am out, and do not have any open trades for this system.

I like your rule of only going long/short based on the daily and weekly. This is something I'll look into into as I am looking to improve this system.

Thanks for your interest and input.

forextrader8 Apr 3, 2011 7:32am | Post# 37

Nice post, but if there is backtest result will be better. :-)
Thanks for sharing.

ajentha Apr 3, 2011 8:24am | Post# 38

Hi JCP

Very nice explanation, with out doubt, but we will see the result

bye
ajentha

mark0529 Apr 4, 2011 6:31am | Post# 39

Does it work on D1 as well?

It looks primising. I wonder whether it will be good on longer time frames, particularly on D1.

Jcpfx Apr 4, 2011 7:21pm | Post# 40

It looks primising. I wonder whether it will be good on longer time frames, particularly on D1.
Hi Mark,

I have done some minor back testing on the Daily charts, and seems that it could work well, but haven't really done enough testing to say for sure.

I am currently in the process of making some modifications to this, so I have no open trades right now. I will hopefully post my modifications before the end of the week.

Best,

JCPFX

© Forex Factory