Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   TDI-MTF Indicator (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/285063-tdi-mtf-indicator)

joe77199 Mar 19, 2011 7:24pm | Post# 1

TDI-MTF Indicator

Xaphod created a great MTF-TDI posted here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=4162277
Thank you.

I was wondering if there is something special about the coding specifically of the RSI in the TDI as it does not line up exactly with a regular RSI?

Anyway, what I am looking to do is have the current timeframe TDI in one indicator window and pull in the MTF-TDI of a 1hr and 4hr (and possibly the 30m as well) all in the same window but without all the other lines just the RSI's from the higher timeframes. Now I just turn all the other indicators to none on the color to accomplish this but, it kind of strains my computer resources. How can we get the MTF-RSI's of the TDI only without all the other lines by it self?

Is that possible? Xaphod can you help? If necessary Xaphod you can PM me. Thanks for your attention.

Xaphod Mar 20, 2011 6:17am | Post# 2

Re: TDI-MTF Indicator

1 Attachment(s)
I was wondering if there is something special about the coding specifically of the RSI in the TDI as it does not line up exactly with a regular RSI?
There is no regular RSI line in drawn in the TDI. It shows the 'RSI Price Line' which is the RSI that has been passed through a low pass filter. Ie. RSI -> MA2 -> RSI Price line. The period of the MA is the RSI Price line parameter.

Now I just turn all the other indicators to none on the color to accomplish this but, it kind of strains my computer resources.
One way of reducing the load on the computer is to reduce the number of bars in the history.

How can we get the MTF-RSI's of the TDI only without all the other lines by it self?
Here you go:
TDI-RSIPriceLine-MTF.mq4

joe77199 Mar 20, 2011 8:53am | Post# 3

Thanks Xaphod,

I knew there had to be a filter on the Green RSI in the TDI.

And I will change the bar count in the history. See that happens.

Thanks for the update.

belief Nov 15, 2014 11:22pm | Post# 4

{quote} There is no regular RSI line in drawn in the TDI. It shows the 'RSI Price Line' which is the RSI that has been passed through a low pass filter. Ie. RSI -> MA2 -> RSI Price line. The period of the MA is the RSI Price line parameter. {quote} One way of reducing the load on the computer is to reduce the number of bars in the history. {quote} Here you go: {file}

TDI-RSIPriceLine-MTF.mq4 no longer working with Build 745,

could anyone share a TDI MTF dashboard type of alert when given any 3/4 time frame aligned in same direction?

FxHope Jun 9, 2015 2:38pm | Post# 5

TDI-MTF v1.02.mq4 dose not work. can someone can help please?

hayseed Jun 9, 2015 3:11pm | Post# 6

4 Attachment(s)
TDI-MTF v1.02.mq4 dose not work. can someone can help please?
//----

hey hope...... now it dose.....h
//-----
Traders_Dynamic_Index.ex4
Traders_Dynamic_Index.mq4
TDI-MTF v1.02.ex4
TDI-MTF v1.02.mq4

FxHope Jun 9, 2015 6:48pm | Post# 7

Hi Hayseed
Thank you but it dose not work. I Think it is the upgrade from build 745.

dennis681 Jun 15, 2015 1:59pm | Post# 8

Sweet. First Forex Factory indicator I've ever installed that crashes my MT4. But this is a good indicator and I'll be checking back to see any future version improvements. Yes, I had also installed Traders_Dynamic_Index.mq4 in the same folder. Also compiled the mq4 with no errors.

Xaphod Jun 16, 2015 1:20am | Post# 9

Sweet. First Forex Factory indicator I've ever installed that crashes my MT4. But this is a good indicator and I'll be checking back to see any future version improvements. Yes, I had also installed Traders_Dynamic_Index.mq4 in the same folder. Also compiled the mq4 with no errors.
Is that the fault of the indicator or MT4? Metatrader should make their trading program more fault tolerant.

This is a pretty old indicator. It probably crashes because you have no data for the higher timeframe the indicator is trying to access. If you open up a chart for that timeframe, it will probably work better.

I have spent some time in the past trying to force MT4 to load the data first and trying to exit if there is no data but have not found a reliable solution. Metatrader should get their act together.

Or perhaps, the current versions of MT4 do not compile and run the old indicators as metatrader promised they would.

TLDR: Calling iCustom on a timeframe that has no data in MT4 may cause MT4 to crash. Make sure you have data for the timeframe in question.

dennis681 Jun 16, 2015 7:51am | Post# 10

Xaphod, perfection and thanks! much. It now loads very quickly.

Xaphod Jun 16, 2015 6:34pm | Post# 11

2 Attachment(s)
Found a more current version on my harddrive. It has a custom newbar function and does not appear to crash MT4 if there is no chart data, so it seems I did solve the problem.

It is based on a custom TDI mainly because at the time it was written the TDI indicator was not working correctly in the 'beta' MT4 versions. Also note that this TDI version updates in real time and the original TDI did not always update in real time. Someone said the current pro version of the TDI has been fixed to always update in real time.
TDI-MTF v1.600.mq4
TDI-RT-Clone.mq4

heispark Mar 6, 2016 9:02pm | Post# 12

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, Xaphod

I know you're extremely busy but I am wondering if you have any extra time and intention to implement this optional feature in the future:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2016-03-07_10-56-29.png
Size: 31 KB

What I want is to see up to two lower TFs automatically. For example, when I watch 4H, I expect to see 4H, 60M and 15M. When I watch Daily, I expect to see Daily, 4H and 1H.

Thanks always.

PS - I am currently using the version which isn't dependent upon TDI-RT-Clone (Attached. You haven't provided its MQ4 source as far as I know). Recently, I feel it became noticeably slower for some unknown reason. Do you know anything about it? When I change TF, it takes about extra 1 - 1.5 seconds for chart rendering.... TDI-MTF.ex4

© Forex Factory