Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   COT Excel Tool - desegregated data (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=284089)

Jeff59FX Apr 11, 2019 4:23pm | Post# 61

Hello MoshiM and everyone else...
What IS the best time to trade FX and commodities that the COT Report shows. Those big orders/contracts we see listed in the report. I feel timing play a Major factor.

Thank you MoshiM for those EXCELLENT Excel spreadsheets! I just discovered them I Only have Excel 2007 and I can't update.

Thanks again,
Jeff

MoshiM Apr 12, 2019 3:49am | Post# 62

Hello MoshiM and everyone else... What IS the best time to trade FX and commodities that the COT Report shows. Those big orders/contracts we see listed in the report. I feel timing play a Major factor. Thank you MoshiM for those EXCELLENT Excel spreadsheets! I just discovered them I Only have Excel 2007 and I can't update. Thanks again, Jeff
It is still possible for you to update the Workbook. You will have to download the data manually. I will send you an adjusted script for sorting the data in the next few days with instructions on what steps you will have to take but for now I will update the spreadsheets in the Dropbox folder when the data comes out.

To answer your question: I wouldn't say that the COT data provides any CONSISTENT indication of market timing. What it will do however is help align you with whether it is better to be bullish,bearish or neutral depending on how well you understand the different groups. You would then have to decide for yourself both the timing and under what conditions you wish to enter.

As for me, I aim for when there is a reversal of position trends off extremes or just reversals in general depending on the CONTEXT(Fundamentals,Technicals etc) of the market. Once I see this, then I can take my time entering into my full position size if price trends more and more in my favored direction. This may mean entering into my first position the Monday after the data releases or maybe several weeks or months later if there is a persistent trend counter to which side I wish to be on.

Jeff59FX Apr 12, 2019 9:50am | Post# 63

{quote} It is still possible for you to update the Workbook. You will have to download the data manually. I will send you an adjusted script for sorting the data in the next few days with instructions on what steps you will have to take but for now I will update the spreadsheets in the Dropbox folder when the data comes out. To answer your question: I wouldn't say that the COT data provides any CONSISTENT indication of market timing. What it will do however is help align you with whether it is better to be bullish,bearish or neutral depending on...
Thank you MoshiM for the information and feedback. I have been looking at the opening and closing times in All markets. Your Excel spreadsheets are really excellent as I am learning More on how important the CoT report every week!

Thank you very much!

Jeff

© Forex Factory