Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   MT4 Order Plugin: Trade by lines with risk based lot sizing (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/281772-mt4-order-plugin-trade-by-lines-with-risk)

belief Feb 3, 2019 6:43pm | Post# 1181

the script only needs to run once and it SETS the global variables. If you wanna change the order count open global variables (found somewhere in the menu bar) and change it.
Thanks Rudy, it seem the default of GVSet script set order count to 4 instead of 1, no one really pointed this out for so long since it was released. The problem fixed.

Pro. Feb 3, 2019 9:07pm | Post# 1182

Thank you very much

belief Feb 7, 2019 10:03pm | Post# 1183

Hi Rudy5 & friends,

is there a way to assign magic number when we open order with Easy Order script?

this is very useful to let other EA to manage the manual orders opened.

hope this small but impact feature can be added.

also hope that the script that be save in template so we don't need to manually add it everytime we open MT4.

Thanks in advance.

PeterE Mar 17, 2019 7:38pm | Post# 1184

2 Attachment(s)

HOW TO INSTALL EASY ORDER

Step 1
Download this file https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post11660832 from post 1161 in this thread

Step 2

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-03-18_0913.png
Size: 54 KB

Step 3
Go to MT4 Tools – Options – Expert Advisors, and check Allow automated trading and Allow DDL imports

Step 4
Open scripts (in the Navigator) and drag GVSet – Mod onto any chart. Then close the window that appears.

Step 5
With MT4 open press F3 on your keyboard, double click on that number 4 and change it to 1.

NOCONFIRMATION can also be changed to zero if you don’t want to receive confirmation tickets.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-03-18_0910.png
Size: 37 KB

Step 6
Test on demo account before going live.
Drag the script titled EasyOrder from scripts onto a chart.
You are now ready to test the functions of EasyOrder.

*to remove the easy order panel right click on it and select "remove window"

Step 7
Have fun.

MikroPips Apr 11, 2019 11:20pm | Post# 1185

Hey PeterE,
I am able to get the order window to pop up onto my MT4 chart, but when I submit an order, there are no lines to adjust on the screen. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the default minimum lot size is too large? i noticed when i uninstalled the library .dll file to re-install, the text file that popped up noted that the minimum lot size was 0.10 which may be too big for my small test account. is there a way to adjust that default?

PeterE Apr 12, 2019 2:23am | Post# 1186

1 Attachment(s)
Hey PeterE, I am able to get the order window to pop up onto my MT4 chart, but when I submit an order, there are no lines to adjust on the screen. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the default minimum lot size is too large? i noticed when i uninstalled the library .dll file to re-install, the text file that popped up noted that the minimum lot size was 0.10 which may be too big for my small test account. is there a way to adjust that default?

The lines should appear after you select your order type via "new order". Refer image.

And my easy order allows 0.01 lot size, so yours should also. Does your broker allow 0.01?

Assuming you've followed the steps in my post above, I dont have the tech knowledge to solve the problem. Sorry.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-04-12_1616_001.png
Size: 88 KB

jdelgadocr May 9, 2019 11:19am | Post# 1187

Hey PeterE, I am able to get the order window to pop up onto my MT4 chart, but when I submit an order, there are no lines to adjust on the screen. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the default minimum lot size is too large? i noticed when i uninstalled the library .dll file to re-install, the text file that popped up noted that the minimum lot size was 0.10 which may be too big for my small test account. is there a way to adjust that default?
The minimum lot size is a property of the symbol (pair, index, etc) you are trying to place an order on. Try different ones. With a broker the order just won't go in, with another it will go in but only with that minimum lot size. I feel it's something on the brokers and not a flaw on EasyOrder. Right now I just realized EO failed to use 2% on gold and actually placed a 1% risk. Other symbols are fine. I just hope the original programmer of EO would either keep working on it or open the code.

idandelf Jul 24, 2019 1:13am | Post# 1188

Hi,
does anyone know if this script (or very similar; line based) exists for MT5?
Thank You

P.S. Been using it for years never failed me (THANK YOU! to the creator & its contributors ), but now i'm moving to MT5 and would be helpful to continue using it..

C-12 Jul 28, 2019 7:33am | Post# 1189

1 Attachment(s)
Over 8 years and still the most simple and efficient risk management tool out there.

There is just one thing I can think of that would improve it (apart from the colour of that damn dark blue TP line!)

Has anyone figured out a way to make the lines "Selected" by default, so you can drag them around without clicking on each time?

Maybe someone knows of another script or indicator that will auto select all horizontal lines?
Name:  RISKLINES.png
Views: 3007
Size:  13 KB

ramos04 Jul 31, 2019 3:32am | Post# 1190

1 Attachment(s)
Great, great script, Sangmane, thx! I think there is a little error (maybe??) in the way it is calculating the risk based option. When you select risk based, wouldn't be normal that the percent of risk to be calculated based on the current balance account and not equity?? I've the script installed now in my platform (latest update) and the risk is calculated based on the current equity which can be up or down (in relation with the balance account) based on open positions which can be in profit or loss. If you don't have any positions open...
Hello Sangmane, my issue was raised before as quoted above and below was your response
{quote} Hi reignman, Welcome to FF Re using balance or equity in risk calculation, I think there is no hard rule as to which one should be used. Some traders prefer equity to balance and vice versa.
As this is a matter of preference (although very important depending on the traders risk tolerance), am requesting that on the risk based check box, you change the risk based check option to two options ie [a] risk based (equity) and [b] risk based (balance) Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 2858
Size:  17 KB

Thanks for all Sir

ac3w Aug 1, 2019 11:05pm | Post# 1191

This plugin inspired by some great scripts / tools available on FF that make trading easier. I made this simple tool to give me the ability to specify sl/tp for new order by using mouse (dragging line object). Input sl/tp manually is a boring task, especially for lazy trader. It also monitor existing trade sl/tp, which means it will modify existing sl/tp and open price (for pending order) when it detected a different value between order's sl/tp and the corresponding sl/tp line object. Other feature : - lot size calculated automatically based on...
Risk in percent, are possible risk in money setting?, not risk for percent.

gg1 Aug 18, 2019 3:25am | Post# 1192

Thanks sangmane, will test it on the demo account once the market opens tomorrow.

meck1 Sep 13, 2019 10:30am | Post# 1193

you guys rock ive been looking for something like this.

The risk lot size tho is kind of different from the one i get from a lot size converter online

elnath Sep 22, 2019 1:29pm | Post# 1194

Just can't add the EasyOrderInd to the chart window.
Double-click, allow import DLL and everything like usual, but nothing happens.
Experts tab in terminal shows "2019.09.22 20:21:07.097 EasyOrderInd EURUSD,H1: initialized".
So looks like everything is correct but indicator does not appear in the chart window.
Have no idea what to do.
If somebody will help I will appreciate.

I'm on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
MT4 package is downloaded in installed from here: https://www.xm.com/metatrader-mac

winnrtrader Dec 2, 2019 6:58am | Post# 1195

My broker is forcing me to use MT5 now. Is anyone using easyorder with MT5?

sangmane Dec 2, 2019 7:04am | Post# 1196

My broker is forcing me to use MT5 now. Is anyone using easyorder with MT5?
Easy order cannot be used on MT5 because the dll is coded to run on 32 bits

winnrtrader Dec 4, 2019 2:20am | Post# 1197

Thanks sangmane!

marine1983 Dec 12, 2019 11:52am | Post# 1198

Is there a way for the script to set the TP an automatic distance from the SL?

Say my SL was 100 pips I want the script to auto set the TP to 200pips. So I get an auto risk reward?

Retlaw Dec 12, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 1199

Hi, does anyone know if this script (or very similar; line based) exists for MT5? Thank You P.S. Been using it for years never failed me (THANK YOU! to the creator & its contributors ), but now i'm moving to MT5 and would be helpful to continue using it..
Here's one: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/produ...tab_p_overview
it's not for free though

oohoo Dec 31, 2019 3:39am | Post# 1200

. HOW TO INSTALL EASY ORDER Step 1 Download this file https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post11660832 from post 1161 in this thread Step 2 {image} Step 3 Go to MT4 Tools – Options – Expert Advisors, and check Allow automated trading and Allow DDL imports Step 4 Open scripts (in the Navigator) and drag GVSet – Mod onto any chart. Then close the window that appears. Step 5 With MT4 open press F3 on your keyboard, double click on that number 4 and change it to 1. NOCONFIRMATION can also be changed to zero if you don’t...

Thank you!

© Forex Factory