Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Order Flow - Achieving the mindset (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277925)

CindyXXXX Aug 30, 2013 10:26am | Post# 2761

Anyone watch this guys video's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Det_muETEiA
no

bug Aug 30, 2013 11:12am | Post# 2762

Anyone watch this guys video's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Det_muETEiA

I did and it was not very helpful. The guy is trying to sell his service with these videos but by the looks of the preview videos I wouldn't sign up for his service even if it was for free.

EmeraldEyes Sep 1, 2013 2:55pm | Post# 2763

I made a thread last month outlining a trade with an Order Flow mindset for traders starting out; using the Nzd/Usd:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=437966

J_Harrison Sep 24, 2013 1:23pm | Post# 2764

{quote} I did and it was not very helpful. The guy is trying to sell his service with these videos but by the looks of the preview videos I wouldn't sign up for his service even if it was for free.

I agree, the video does not tell anything about order flow. Perhaps if someone subscribe, and after... but from this video no helpfull info..

sergioflow Mar 27, 2015 5:57pm | Post# 2765

is there any book or anything which explains the very basics of the mechanics of the market?
I am reading material about order flow and also the book from Daemon Goldsmith but when they start to explain the differnce between limit order and stop order I always get lost because noone explain them in full dept and examples.

i always struggle to fully understNd the mechanics as evrywhere this understanding is gven for granted.

but for instance whi is behind the bid who behind the ask? when I make a market order to sell do I become an ask? or I jut consume one bid?

in short is there a book for dummies for this basic concpets that exlains them in depth but throught basic concet for the newbie?

thanks!

BBCMicro Mar 30, 2015 7:49am | Post# 2766

is there any book or anything which explains the very basics of the mechanics of the market? I am reading material about order flow and also the book from Daemon Goldsmith but when they start to explain the differnce between limit order and stop order I always get lost because noone explain them in full dept and examples. i always struggle to fully understNd the mechanics as evrywhere this understanding is gven for granted. but for instance whi is behind the bid who behind the ask? when I make a market order to sell do I become an ask? or I jut...
Trading and Exchanges by Larry Harris

required reading IMO.

Regards

BCCMicro

LamerTrader Mar 30, 2015 4:04pm | Post# 2767

1 Attachment(s)
is there any book or anything which explains the very basics of the mechanics of the market? I am reading material about order flow and also the book from Daemon Goldsmith but when they start to explain the differnce between limit order and stop order I always get lost because noone explain them in full dept and examples. i always struggle to fully understNd the mechanics as evrywhere this understanding is gven for granted. but for instance whi is behind the bid who behind the ask? when I make a market order to sell do I become an ask? or I jut...
Darkstar's book (Daemon Goldsmith) writes it down pretty well. If you dont understand after reading it, then google on the internet / play around with MT4 a bit.
The only thing you have to know is that Market orders MOVE the market. Limit orders are resting, and waiting to get filled.

(I got some time now so i decided to write it down...)

On the picture you can see the order book of the Crude Oil May Futures.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Cl.PNG
Size: 29 KB

A stop order is something that you usually place when you want to exit your trade. Let's say I short at 48.55 and place my stop at 48.60.
What happens when price goes up and 48.60 starts getting lifted? My stop loss order will trigger. Stop loss order = get me out of the trade. NOW! = It's going to turn into a market buy order. So in that essence a stop loss order is a "pending market order".

Hope this helps.

PS: Trading and Exchanges by Larry Harris Is a nice and thick book. It's currently holding my laptop at a nice angle. You don't have to read those 500+ pages, unless you are interested in the mechanics... (I found that book kinna useless...)

ramzam Aug 3, 2016 10:28am | Post# 2768

subscribed finally........ found the page related oft.... but still i am searching for good indicator.
if any one have then please ............share for me

Trader-Dale Sep 27, 2016 5:31am | Post# 2769

Hi guys,
I would like to invite you to my new thread where I post everyday new intraday trading levels. I use price action, market profile and orderflow to make them. You can all see if this method works for you. I think it will
Here is the thread:http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...14#post9162014
You are all welcome there!

Happy trading
Dale

Soapp Feb 13, 2017 3:39am | Post# 2770

Thanks ScottyB, Great spreadsheet. I am in the process of writing a program to simulate order flow (I am a developer for an investment bank) to look at different scenarios. Obviously it will be a simplified model but think over time it could be something that helps see the mechanics of order flow.
Where can I get it ?

Thanks

Kgashane Apr 7, 2019 2:18am | Post# 2771

Next, lets say the news caused some selling, we see it as a volitility spike on the chart which most times that's what causes it, fine. The sentiment now is to trade in the direction of that initial move, wait for a retrace and then look for an entry. I mean non of this is specific and no one has posted a specific answer as to how to place all of this together. I have chatted with guys who bougt darkstars book and still have not been able to put it together, sentiment reading?
Well, Darkstar has since amplified that information he wrote in the book about reading sentiment. In short, you start with data (look at the economic calendar), then you look at the headlines. That's all you need if you're a short-term trader. If you're a long-term trader you'll also need to look at the business cycle.

However: it is important to realize that sentiment is the broad mood of the market about which way a currency pair should go, and to understand the difference between short-term sentiment and long-term sentiment. And: to make things even more complicated, there different layers of sentiment, and sometimes they go in opposite directions. So the key really is to identify what the market is currently focused on (be it interest rate differentials, inflation, geo-politics, or whatever), and what information can cause that focus to change. Then watch price action for the greenlight.

BentleyDavey Apr 30, 2019 8:00am | Post# 2772

Hello. newbie here. interesting discussion and can be used as a source of knowledge about problems around forex.

© Forex Factory