Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

bandung Jan 29, 2012 9:31am | Post# 3961

Thank you. I understand that split profiles need space and of course all of them cannot be lined up at 0:00...same is for merged...On chart in my post #3953 profiles are as per default setting in indicator: Day profile on H1 and I did not apply any modification such as split or merge...Anyway thank you for your time you gave to me...
You're welcome, no problem. actually it can be done when Chart TimeFrame equal or less than ProfileDataTf and no options like split or merge applied. just need to figure out where to put this logic on indicator's code. that thing popup when i read your post thank you.

mzvega Jan 29, 2012 1:12pm | Post# 3962

btw if any of you can test it out i share it here, tpochart v1.30. any report about its bugs/errors and how you've got a market view by merging/splitting a profile is appreciated.

i only upload ex4 and dll files, as it use a lot of include files and i dont want to confuse anyone.
this is the list of include files so you know what i mean
[code]#include <ay-iBetterVolume.v1.10.mqh>
#include <ay-CommonFn/AddStr.mqh>
#include <ay-CommonFn/StrReplace.mqh>
#include <ay-CommonFn/GetBarByTime.mqh>
#include <ay-CommonFn/GetSBEB.mqh>
#include <ay-CommonFn/GetHHLL.mqh>
#include...

Amazing!!!!! Again you have out done yourself!
Ive had a chance to test drive your indicator, and its wonderful. The only difficulties I find is that after I go back in history to merge the balance areas , I would like it to stay that way, but every time I reopen my platform, it always unmerges. Ive tried to save a template, but that too, does not save the changes. In my head, I can understand how that might be impossible. But none the less the indicator is awsome!
Would it be at all possible to have a running total of the TPO's above and below the current POC. Ive asked before. The previous indis showed tpos, but you still have to manually add those tpos above the poc and below. Is there a way to display in the info area a running total of tpos that are above and a running total of tpos below???

Evak Jan 30, 2012 12:46am | Post# 3963

Hi,
I'm new to this thread, so I'd like to learn more about MP trading. But about 4000 posts are very hard to study.... :

Evak, I see you're one of the most active here, so plz can you tell me where I can start...? E.g. meaningful posts or so....

I downloaded your TPO package. My brokers are GMT +1 & GMT+2.
How must I configure indis?
What's the difference between the templates?
What is your volume indi?

Thanks!
Learners reference: Vids & books
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...21#post4904121

Indiconfig tips for GMT
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...69#post5332069

Volume indi is just a volume indi which compare intensity for the last 3 bars...nothing special really just to ease in visualisation.

different templates is just for different session opening times if one so chose but u can just use the above tip to set it to standard pit session open if u confuse.

Bandung latest profile indi (non session) :
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...52#post5310452

updated Session indi:
http://eyesfx.web44.net/2011/10/mark...icator-update/

Aztrader2 Jan 30, 2012 1:02am | Post# 3964

Thank you very much Evak for your help.

different templates is just for different session opening times if one so chose but u can just use the above tip to set it to standard pit session open if u confuse.
Sorry but I don't understand why different session opening times...
I'm GMT +1
(Maybe I'll know it looking @ the resources you linked me...)

p.s. for your knoweledge, the links to Dalton's ebooks doesn't works.... Anyway I got them googlin'

Evak Jan 30, 2012 1:42am | Post# 3965

Thank you very much Evak for your help.

Sorry but I don't understand why different session opening times...
I'm GMT +1
(Maybe I'll know it looking @ the resources you linked me...)

p.s. for your knoweledge, the links to Dalton's ebooks doesn't works.... Anyway I got them googlin'
For the sake of illustration, let say u wanted to trade gold & wanted to follow the opening pit session or open outcry time of CME Gold Comex which opens at (if i am not wrong) 8:20am ET or GMT 13:20am. So if your broker time is GMT plus 2, then U may want to set the NY session to 13:20 +2 =15:20. U can set whatever session to whatever time u want to track. Of coz if u are using 30mins data(which is the prefered standard) to paint the profile then the closes u can set to 15:20 is 15:30 but watch any moves 10mins prior to 15:30 too since market opens b4 that...

so it depends on wha market u want to monitor & track. U can choose to trade both the electronic open & pit session too. Coz the indi only allow 3 session, u therefore can have different template customise to ur likes...

Since forex is 24 hour mkt u can choose whether u want to track both the electronic open sesssion & pit too..

bandung Jan 30, 2012 2:10am | Post# 3966

Amazing!!!!! Again you have out done yourself! :not.worthy:not.worthy
Ive had a chance to test drive your indicator, and its wonderful. The only difficulties I find is that after I go back in history to merge the balance areas , I would like it to stay that way, but every time I reopen my platform, it always unmerges. Ive tried to save a template, but that too, does not save the changes. In my head, I can understand how that might be impossible. But none the less the indicator is awsome!
Would it be at all possible to have a running...
it's funny.. my initial goal is to not make it too automatic, so i can force my self to remember/to look at my notes what profile# I merged everytime I open the platform, but after 2 weeks... i'm tired doing that . So currently i'm working on it to make the indi remember merged/splited profiles#.
and about a tpo's count above/below poc is noted too. actually some other users requested it before you.

Evak Jan 30, 2012 2:29am | Post# 3967

it's funny.. my initial goal is to not make it too automatic, so i can force my self to remember/to look at my notes what profile# I merged everytime I open the platform, but after 2 weeks... i'm tired doing that . So currently i'm working on it to make the indi remember merged/splited profiles#.
and about a tpo's count above/below poc is noted too. actually some other users requested it before you.
How are u doing bro, dont forget to make some money out of it where u are bz coding

Evak Jan 30, 2012 5:28am | Post# 3968

1 Attachment(s)
After todays TK session balance continuation into US, I was anticipating a responsive below value but instead the early response just prior to UK open with an uninspiring weak volume make me chg my mind.

Instead we have an initiatives off the TK VAL during the IBR period indicating rejection with price potentially looking for lower support off to the next logical value area, namely Fri TK's range.

Target to 3100 & will be looking for any response for todays value for a reversion. Initial risk was 10p, exposure reduce for a 25.

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_05 Jan. 30 18.19.gif
Size: 45 KB

ivonivon Jan 30, 2012 5:38am | Post# 3969

1 Attachment(s)
What should happen now...
Click to Enlarge

Name: 30Jan2012.gif
Size: 32 KB

s7c Jan 30, 2012 10:35am | Post# 3970

1 Attachment(s)
i got long after i saw london session failed to find acceptance below's friday's london session and ny open with a test drive type(not a ideal one, but they protected the open price). we have a poor open in london and not sign of strong OTF down conviction so we should balance. the risk is part at londons low, part at NyIB just established/take profit not sure yet..at least 45 pips

regarding the chart, that's the only way for me to see the session separatly, i hope it's not too confusing...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 168 KB

Evak Jan 30, 2012 11:33am | Post# 3971

i got long after i saw london session failed to find acceptance below's friday's london session and ny open with a test drive type(not a ideal one, but they protected the open price). we have a poor open in london and not sign of strong OTF down conviction so we should balance. the risk is part at londons low, part at NyIB just established/take profit not sure yet..at least 45 pips

regarding the chart, that's the only way for me to see the session separatly, i hope it's not too confusing...
Back into the lower distribution of last week which was within my expectation for today, unless we find acceptance, odds are we could be seeing through down to the other lower distribution...Trend day today. Lets see if the IBL holds for now....

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/8...9jan310032.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tgwhbb Jan 30, 2012 11:50am | Post# 3972

1 Attachment(s)
back on the short side on ES late Friday. Just before the close there was a large spike up, closing back in Friday's VA. spike failed at VAL of Thursday's upper distribution, confirming IMO the excess on Thursday's high. I'm thinking 1275 area, which is current quarter VAL.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 11.46.15 AM.png
Size: 80 KB

Evak Jan 30, 2012 12:34pm | Post# 3973

1 Attachment(s)
back on the short side on ES late Friday. Just before the close there was a large spike up, closing back in Friday's VA. spike failed at VAL of Thursday's upper distribution, confirming IMO the excess on Thursday's high. I'm thinking 1275 area, which is current quarter VAL.
I'm looking at it this way....

After breaking up from the 2nd week distribution, ES remains primarily bracketed for most part of last 2 weeks. Thursday excess brought about turn for this rotation back down, onto VAL today. Next then would be to test the upper range...with excess off VAH.

On the flip side failure or rejection into last 2weeks of merge distribution control could trickle down back to the 2nd week range..

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_13 Jan. 31 01.19.gif
Size: 21 KB

bandung Jan 30, 2012 8:05pm | Post# 3974

How are u doing bro, dont forget to make some money out of it where u are bz coding
thanks, i'm fine bro, just balancing another things these days.. like riding my bike one hour a day, reading some books, talking with neighbors .

bandung Jan 30, 2012 10:20pm | Post# 3975

eu bounce of high of first week of this year

1 Attachment(s)
eu bounce of high of first week of this year on NY session, which is broken by last week high.
resistance become support.

let see if it can enter previous balance .3210-.3570 again

chart is weekly.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu-bounce-of-w1high-of-thisyear.png
Size: 38 KB

Evak Jan 30, 2012 10:58pm | Post# 3976

Just a short take of what has transpired & what's next....

1:Fridays end with a long inventory which see price correction immediately yesterday.
2rice then revisit Thursday's Balance range established during TK session.
3: We have some excesses running off the low of Thursday's Range with responsive activities & price eventually look back up when NY trades begin to initiates upwards with increase volume during the opening.
4: Todays TK open see price continuation upwards towards the range established during Fri's NY session & Mondays TK session Balance. Now price test face a tad of resistance as it hit the upper side of the range

If price were to move off from this acceptance & beyond, we should then expect either a test onto the current range low (VAL) or (edit)>> Mode of the range, by European session; a pullback so to speak.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/708...6jan311157.gif

Evak Jan 30, 2012 11:16pm | Post# 3977

Did you manage to keep this trade in play till now? I almost have a urge to move my stops but decided not to do so, right after reducing my exposure. Got off lucky this time

s7c Jan 30, 2012 11:20pm | Post# 3978

1 Attachment(s)
Just a short take of what has transpired & what's next....

1:Fridays end with a long inventory which see price correction immediately yesterday.
2rice then revisit Thursday's Balance range established during TK session.
3: We have some excesses running off the low of Thursday's Range with responsive activities & price eventually look back up when NY trades begin to initiates upwards with increase volume during the opening.
4: Todays TK open see price continuation upwards towards the range established during Fri's NY session & Mondays TK...
thank's for your view. i was expected a neutral down session in tokyo and closed my long at NY close. with this up auction it repaired yesterday LVA and the anomaly. i would like the price to return at the high vol area from yesterday in order to get more clues, i'm inclined to think we will auction higher tomorrow adding the no supply day form.
we have a balance since thursday, so careful at reference points and inside day theory...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 91 KB

Evak Jan 30, 2012 11:31pm | Post# 3979

Just a zoom out of a last 12 week composite view indicating previous level ledges & potentials..

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4...8jan311229.gif

santoshdts Jan 31, 2012 12:45am | Post# 3980

1 Attachment(s)
Hii..Can we call this a spike base?
Entered Long @ 3188 SL @ Base.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu1.PNG
Size: 27 KB

© Forex Factory