Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

Krw Aug 16, 2016 5:56pm | Post# 5921

2 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM30_1.png
Size: 66 KB

Hello everyone! My very first post! Just wanted to say that I've learned a lot about market profiles from this very thread and have tried to continue my understanding of them as much as possible from various other publications. Many thanks to all contributors in FF for the knowledge shared! Here is a screenshot of an indicator I'm building with the help of a programmer. It is my second attempt and still is in development.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM30.png
Size: 84 KB

As you will notice the TPOs are bound to time. I believe this is very important for accuracy.

TradeFinder Aug 21, 2016 2:35pm | Post# 5922

{quote} It is a TPO Profile/Histogram. I have since found my problem. My mt4 had not loaded enough m1 data. I didn't realize that I needed to keep paging back to load all of the data.
Hi

Could you post this indicator please, if possible mq4 would be best

Thanks in advance

TradeFinder Aug 23, 2016 2:22am | Post# 5923

{quote} For indicator +TPO: Range period = you can use any of following tf's : 1, 5, 15, 30, 60, 240(4h), 1440 (daily), 10080 (weekly), 43200 (monthly). For indicator +TPO-Range: Range mode= 0 uses the vertical lines to set the boundaries to determine the length of the profile. Range mode= 1 uses minutes (time), you are not limited to the standard 1, 5, 15, 30, 60, 240, 1440, 10080 (weekly), 43200 (monthly) settings. You can use any amount 5000, 2500, 1001, 1234, 4321,etc. (you can only use minutes equal or greater than the tf you are viewing) Range...
Hi

I am trying to use the TOP Range to get a composite profile on the RHS, this seems to partially work but I have an additional vertical dotted line showing more than on your screenshots

I want to use the indi in mode 0 so i can drag the dashed blue and red lines to the periods I require, effectively the total bar count on the chart as I'm interested in the LND and HND aspect of the profile.

I think I have exhausted all the options and cannot get past the dotted red line clipping the profile to only show the bars after its time setting which seems calculated on my chart at 2016.08.16 14.33 ie about 1 weeks data. I cannot look at the mq4 code to extend this time period, is it a setting that could become an external variable so I can extend this limit?

Thanks in advance

Edit Its Ok after some more headscratching I got it and its sorted, thanks anyway

elgaza Aug 26, 2016 6:31am | Post# 5924

Hello
new to this forum
would anyone please point me to download an indicator that basically shows market profile on the right side of the screen with lvn and hvn as lines across
for MT4
thank you very much

Krw Aug 27, 2016 8:34am | Post# 5925

3 Attachment(s)
Hello new to this forum would anyone please point me to download an indicator that basically shows market profile on the right side of the screen with lvn and hvn as lines across for MT4 thank you very much
Here you go.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM30.png
Size: 66 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM30_2.png
Size: 67 KB
Level_Sensor_Modified.ex4

stoxos Sep 10, 2016 4:46am | Post# 5926

{quote} Here you go. {image} {image} {file}
Hey nice indi can i ask something , it takes the tick data from 1 Min Candles?

Krw Sep 10, 2016 6:39am | Post# 5927

As far as I know yes. This is all based on tick data. This indicator is useful only when the market is rotating, but interesting to view on longer time frames, like DaysBack=60 for example.

Lock Sep 11, 2016 1:14pm | Post# 5928

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,
I made a little mod in order to have a better visualization of the value area, adding a border to it. Plus If "SplitProfileNumSes" is set to "0" (meaning: split the letters of the last profile only) you will have the value area and the half back line expanded up to the current bar.

Attachment 2014881

PS: Note that this indicator has still a main issue when a price data gap inside a bar happens. This could happen during a news if for instance the m30 timeframe will not receive data from the server. It's a rare event but it could happen. In this case the indy could lead the MT4 to a crash. If there is a programmer here and he's good enough to fix it, he'll be welcome of course.
TPO LOCK 2016 09 11.zip

ramzam Sep 14, 2016 8:38am | Post# 5929

1 Attachment(s)
dear lock... i pointed many things.. really i am interested with this single indicator but with out understand i cant able to do even watch.. what are those coloured letters yellow vertical line followed by blue or orange line and what is the orange line and blue line.. value area only i can understand.. rest all not able to understand... can you explain me please?

Hello everyone, I made a little mod in order to have a better visualization of the value area, adding a border to it. Plus If "SplitProfileNumSes" is set to "0" (meaning: split the letters of the last profile only) you will have the value area and the half back line expanded up to the current bar. {image} PS: Note that this indicator has still a main issue when a price data gap inside a bar happens. This could happen during a news if for instance the m30 timeframe will not receive data from the server. It's a rare event but it could happen. In this...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 33 KB

Lock Sep 14, 2016 4:14pm | Post# 5930

dear lock... i pointed many things.. really i am interested with this single indicator but with out understand i cant able to do even watch.. what are those coloured letters yellow vertical line followed by blue or orange line and what is the orange line and blue line.. value area only i can understand.. rest all not able to understand... can you explain me please? {quote} {image}
First of all this is not an indicator in a common sense. It is better to consider it a tool to organize market data. It is a sort of database.
Secondly, I'll tell you what you are asking me, but if you want to learn about this you have to be patient and study a lot in the future. So before to start this path think about it seriuosly because it's a long one.

Now, the yellow vertical lines are the ranges of the initial balances of any session. Initial balance is made by the first 2 periods of any session (conventionally but it could be different)
The orange and blue vertical lines are the ranges of the sessions with their open and close (unchange) prices. (little horizontal line of the same colors)
The yellow dots are the POC (square one) and the VPOC (rhombus one). The POC is the TPO Point of Control while the VPOC is the Volume Point of Control. TPO means Time Price Opportunity. Now any letter you see is a TPO. The POC is the place in the profile with more TPO in a horizontal row, meaning that at this price level we spent the biggest amount of time. For the VPOC it indicates the price where we have the maximum peak of "volume" for the session.

If you want to know more (and better) then this, google market profile manual, and you'll find the main initial resource to read. I hope this could help you.

Best L.

ramzam Sep 15, 2016 2:55am | Post# 5931

really thank you.. i practice poc and vpoc from marketprofile_virginpoc indicator.. from another one initial balance too i came to know.. but in this all get confused.. now i am cleared.... it is worthy being tool... and i like this very much with my charts..

{quote} First of all this is not an indicator in a common sense. It is better to consider it a tool to organize market data. It is a sort of database. Secondly, I'll tell you what you are asking me, but if you want to learn about this you have to be patient and study a lot in the future. So before to start this path think about it seriuosly because it's a long one. Now, the yellow vertical lines are the ranges of the initial balances of any session. Initial balance is made by the first 2 periods of any session (conventionally but it could be different)...

Lock Sep 15, 2016 4:22am | Post# 5932

really thank you.. i practice poc and vpoc from marketprofile_virginpoc indicator.. from another one initial balance too i came to know.. but in this all get confused.. now i am cleared.... it is worthy being tool... and i like this very much with my charts.. {quote}

Very fine, have a nice trading and, if you like, you may join us at the Lock's cable corner thread. You will be welcome. best L.

ramzam Sep 15, 2016 6:00am | Post# 5933

{quote} Very fine, have a nice trading and, if you like, you may join us at the Lock's cable corner thread. You will be welcome. best L.
sure....i subscribed... will be there with u ... i like this profile method..

Trader-Dale Sep 27, 2016 5:30am | Post# 5934

Hi guys,
I would like to invite you to my new thread where I post everyday new intraday trading levels. I use price action, market profile and orderflow to make them. You can all see if this method works for you. I think it will
Here is the thread:http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...14#post9162014
You are all welcome there!

Happy trading
Dale

HappyMe Oct 14, 2016 6:46am | Post# 5935

Does anybody knows what happened with the blog of J. Dalton at http://www.jdaltontrading.com/blog-posts/ ??

His last post is from 31 Marz 2016.
I wanted to sign up for a newsletter and that gives me an error on the website.
Finally I tried to send a mail at the given mailadress on the website and I get a message back from the mailer-daemon with the message "Mail quota exceeded."

So mailbox his is full..... no blogs anymore....ehmmm...is there still some activity?!

Lock Oct 14, 2016 7:22am | Post# 5936

Does anybody knows what happened with the blog of J. Dalton at http://www.jdaltontrading.com/blog-posts/ ?? His last post is from 31 Marz 2016. I wanted to sign up for a newsletter and that gives me an error on the website. Finally I tried to send a mail at the given mailadress on the website and I get a message back from the mailer-daemon with the message "Mail quota exceeded." So mailbox his is full..... no blogs anymore....ehmmm...is there still some activity?!

Mr. Dalton retired this year. Unfortunately.

HappyMe Oct 14, 2016 7:56am | Post# 5937

{quote} Mr. Dalton retired this year. Unfortunately.
Oke ...you mean really .... retired?! ...quiting his trading career?! and just enjoying life, friends and family...?! Ofcourse why not...
But he is having a website and he is just retiring without any notice that he is quiting the Job.... mhhh strange....

I can't read it anywhere on his website......Do you maybe know why (I believe he was your mentor or?!)

Lock Oct 14, 2016 8:20am | Post# 5938

{quote} Oke ...you mean really .... retired?! ...quiting his trading career?! and just enjoying life, friends and family...?! Ofcourse why not... But he is having a website and he is just retiring without any notice that he is quiting the Job.... mhhh strange.... I can't read it anywhere on his website......Do you maybe know why (I believe he was your mentor or?!)
Yes: quit. He said he was going fishing and spending time with his family.
He said it directly to us multiple time during the months before his retirement. I'm sorry about that too. I hope any possible happiness for him. I really don't know if Julia will continue the work alone or with a new partner, I've not any news too. Best L.

The server is up just to let us members to have the old material at hands. But I do not Know for how much time it will be so. Consequently I suggest to download all what is free there asap. (if you are interested)

HappyMe Oct 14, 2016 8:28am | Post# 5939

{quote} Yes: quit. He said he was going fishing and spending time with his family. He said it directly to us multiple time during the months before his retirement. I'm sorry about that too. I hope any possible happiness for him. I really don't know if Julia will continue the work alone or with a new partner, I've not any news too. Best L.
Then I hope everything is fine with Mr. Dalton! and yes I think it's sad if everything is lying down....

Then the problem is how to get all the good information! I'm gone search asap. and yes Lock...I'm very interested in it!

Thanks for the information Lock!

Lock Oct 14, 2016 8:52am | Post# 5940

{quote} Then I hope everything is fine with Mr. Dalton! and yes I think it's sad if everything is lying down.... Then the problem is how to get all the good information! I'm gone search asap. and yes Lock...I'm very interested in it! Thanks for the information Lock!

You're welcome.

© Forex Factory