Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

mzvega Mar 2, 2012 5:34pm | Post# 4521

a, as you know i don't use MT4 so i just try to understand what those number means in order to understand the chart.
hmmm, if 0-5 add the developing profile then 1-5 is in fact the profile for the last 5 weeks? did you closed your shorts? i decided to left them alive over weekend, first time when i'm doing this...
aa, my last month poc it's at 1.3207, but feels like your poc it's the right one
Are you trading a futures chart???? or Spot/Cash forex?

s7c Mar 3, 2012 12:29pm | Post# 4522

Are you trading a futures chart???? or Spot/Cash forex?
spot

ivonivon Mar 4, 2012 1:47pm | Post# 4523

eur daily

1 Attachment(s)
bracketed july 2010.
below and fail to reach hvn, forming range.
hvn" @3048.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 05 Marh2 12.gif
Size: 77 KB

drzakir123 Mar 4, 2012 3:57pm | Post# 4524

hi,every one,i have a question.what is initial balance period for spot eurousd.whether it is 0700-0800 gmt when franfurt market open or 0800-0900 gmt when london market opens or 13.30 to 14.30 gmt when american markets open.will be grateful if anyone clarify.thanks in advance

skyscraper Mar 4, 2012 6:56pm | Post# 4525

EU analysis

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my analysis on EU range for this Month in Bracket:

Top: 1.3430

Bottom: 1.3032

Breaking below 1.3180 could be good sell til 1.303X area.
Attached are the charts for combine Monthly and Weekly profile.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.gif
Size: 30 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: picweekly.gif

mima Mar 4, 2012 7:21pm | Post# 4526

1 Attachment(s)
In my understanding Steidlmayer was introducing his version of VSA, obsolating Market profile and Standard deviations are still in game...
Click to Enlarge

Name: ad-4.jpg
Size: 102 KB

Evak Mar 4, 2012 11:49pm | Post# 4527

In my understanding Steidlmayer was introducing his version of VSA, obsolating Market profile and Standard deviations are still in game...
Well to be fair, Steidlmayer principles of MP was derived from a Probability statistic approach which are part of the biometric studies (hence the psychologic tendencies) know as Regression to the Mean which simply illustrates that any extremeties would tend for be follow by a period of lesser extremes.

The founder was Francis Galton.

Evak Mar 4, 2012 11:57pm | Post# 4528

hi,every one,i have a question.what is initial balance period for spot eurousd.whether it is 0700-0800 gmt when franfurt market open or 0800-0900 gmt when london market opens or 13.30 to 14.30 gmt when american markets open.will be grateful if anyone clarify.thanks in advance
FYI

Evak Mar 5, 2012 12:01am | Post# 4529

Hello Bandung, im using the "ay-MarketProfileDWM.v1.31.rev1" and my question is: is this the last revision of this indi? works properly or has any problem? in the settings shows an option, "use volume profile" true or false could you explain me what the difference is ?

thanks and excuse my english.-
This is a good version already for its intended use. Volume profile set to "true" will use volume on price density to calculate the profile instead of just price density alone. The choice is up to you.

drzakir123 Mar 5, 2012 2:02am | Post# 4530

FYI
FYI?? i am sorry i dont understand it.

Evak Mar 5, 2012 2:11am | Post# 4531

FYI
sry i misout on the link...but is all in the 1st post...pls refer to it

Evak Mar 5, 2012 2:49pm | Post# 4532

1 Attachment(s)
Uk fail to extend lower & revert back into TK low. I waited to get a reasonable pullback for my entry during the G period after seeing reponsive in excess of TK low, an hour after UK opens. Price traded back into the upper side of the range into friday's LUA, i reduce my exposure. Next prominent POC would be last Thur's.

Daily MP set with UK open
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 06 03.42.gif
Size: 44 KB

santoshdts Mar 6, 2012 5:49am | Post# 4533

1 Attachment(s)
Considering OTF in Daily profiles, On a short time frame are we heading to Last month's VAL...
Since yesterday we are getting overlapping Value wrt Friday, which means Aging trend, so we are somewhere about 50pips from Last months VAL, where i feel may get some bounce upside..

Am I seeing whats actually happening or Its what I wanna See. is the question....
Attach EU Monthly
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu.PNG

Evak Mar 6, 2012 5:57am | Post# 4534

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent analysis!

Similar to my bias since it fail the top as it gets drag down with lack of responsive so far in most sessions. Towards the 2 prominent lower range as per chart.

Here is my estimate with a 1-5 week merge & the LUA to fill. Price is now sitting in the LVN, therefore a correction back up towards the upper range & eventually down fill its way towards the lower...

Attachment 910888
Yesterday was the test on the upper ledge & now it is filled down to the lower ledge...yummy! we have a nice filled now into the LUA.

Weekly MP set to 1-6 composite..
Name:  ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 06 18.52.gif
Views: 790
Size:  20 KB

ivonivon Mar 6, 2012 7:18am | Post# 4535

continuation

http://img0.uploadhouse.com/fileuplo...4fff303bc1.gif

deuce1 Mar 6, 2012 7:25am | Post# 4536

Evak, my first post on the forum, How are you getting the profiles to display like that? I just downloaded the tpo chart indicator but face the problem of it starting halfway in the 24 hour period. can you advise me on what i am doing wrong please.

bandung Mar 6, 2012 8:54am | Post# 4537

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was the test on the upper ledge & now it is filled down to the lower ledge...yummy! we have a nice filled now into the LUA.

Weekly MP set to 1-6 composite..
Attachment 913042
K.. what is look like weekly horizontal volume in Market Delta?

I'm building weekly horizontal-volume using Oanda's 1 minutes tick volume,
and it interesting seeing how today volume building on previous 2 weeks low volume..
Click to Enlarge

Name: w1-horivol.png
Size: 89 KB

Evak Mar 6, 2012 9:34am | Post# 4538

K.. what is look like weekly horizontal volume in Market Delta?

I'm building weekly horizontal-volume using Oanda's 1 minutes tick volume,
and it interesting seeing how today volume building on previous 2 weeks low volume..
Very good cluster chart indeed. Initially I wanted to convey to u to help on displaying it on a session chart just like that but I would have thought that using 30min would not be indicative. 1 min sounds good. Is it cpu intensive btw?

bandung Mar 6, 2012 10:00am | Post# 4539

1 Attachment(s)
Very good cluster chart indeed. Initially I wanted to convey to u to help on displaying it on a session chart just like that but I would have thought that using 30min would not be indicative. 1 min sounds good. Is it cpu intensive btw?

if you have any screen shot of MD about it maybe you can pm'ed me, it will help me grasp some ideas.

if only one chart i guess it's not too much cpu intensive..
ya 30 minute tick vol not indicative. I'm thingking about it two.. and there will be dual profiling , one for 30 minutes tpo's and another for 1 minute vol cluster

this is a test on dual core cpu.. not core 2 duo or i3-5-7
Click to Enlarge

Name: taskman.png
Size: 271 KB

s7c Mar 6, 2012 10:31am | Post# 4540

seems like the neutral day idea closing on extremes didn't worked well. that was one of the reasons i had a buy limit order just above last london low...now i'm into a short targeting last months low, but i don't like this lack of sellers we see in pit

© Forex Factory