Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

Evak Jan 27, 2012 1:19am | Post# 3941

Here is my analysis for tomorrow. H4 and daily showing sell off. Asia/london will test first the white line in the middle chart or at the most yellow box. Last one is 12 week chart. In summary I would look for area from 1.3125 to 1.3150 to take a trade. Bias on short.

The white line and green line in middle chart, is calculated value of POC (white line using value of M1) and green line is 1sd away from white line. Same as vah but extended for 2 sd and 3sd..
kave ,jimey please share ur thought.
3125 is close to the LVN of yesterday which would be a contention point. As of now TK session is rather even & balance, a direct drop from control price on European open is a posibilty too. Correctional bias down down to POCV as shown with 45 degree profile of Wed's have not been fill yet increases the odds...

Session profile indicates US pit session spike base which is in confluence with the LVN of around 3130 that could be tested.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1...7jan271417.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

s7c Jan 27, 2012 1:54am | Post# 3942

Not sure what u meant by your 1st point though. But u are right to say that since IB extend all the way down the lower side of value, one would concur that a lower extreme could have been establish for the yesterday NY pit, but even so & for the comments that i reply on the ES about the inventory being long need to take precedence over your longs if one choose to take.

Lets look at the follow e.g....

1:UK inventory is long.
2:NY opens below UK control price with an opening test onto UK VAL with responsive.
3: price reverse & auction...
what i meant it's there where signs for every side of the one potential entry. both reflects the almighty context, but just one fits. i struggle in seeing that one...i closed part of my trade at NY IB low and the other one at london's VAL. i would have take part my profit at day's high...

Evak Jan 27, 2012 5:01am | Post# 3943

TK session reversion back up from NY's low gives an early indicated of this potential long entry to spike base. With UK opening test & rejeciton off NY low, I have my entry after a pullback into dval when price settles down during the D period of UK session after the response which see c period fail to RE.

Intitial risk was 8p with exposure reduce at spike base of 3132 or 38 points. Will see how well it hold above todays TK high with remaining.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5...0jan271752.gif

skyscraper Jan 27, 2012 6:59am | Post# 3944

Session timing

Kave,
what is ur time setting for
Asia
Europe
NY
session?
TK session reversion back up from NY's low gives an early indicated of this potential long entry to spike base. With UK opening test & rejeciton off NY low, I have my entry after a pullback into dval when price settles down during the D period of UK session after the response which see c period fail to RE.

Intitial risk was 8p with exposure reduce at spike base of 3132 or 38 points. Will see how well it hold above todays TK high with remaining.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5...0jan271752.gif

Uploaded...

Evak Jan 27, 2012 7:26am | Post# 3945

Kave,
what is ur time setting for
Asia
Europe
NY
session?
All are set to pit sessions open. mzvega share a good stocktimer which indicates world wide market open & close time.

http://www.stocktime.ru/en/ is showin in GMT time.

So if ur broker time on your Market Watch is e.g 14:00 & stocktime current time shows 12:00, then your +2 of GMT.

So the stock time indicates that NY open is 14:30 then u should set your NY open on your indi as 14:30 +2 = 16:30

kapish?

Evak Jan 27, 2012 11:33am | Post# 3946

I have 2 trades for thise move. 1st one was an asymmetric opportuinity taken prior to US pit open, anticipating a rotational trade back up into UK control, after seeing price dip during UK session with L period registering a volume spike into previous UK low as reference. Exposure for this trade was reduce at 3144 or UK control price.

After a strong NY pit open initiatives off UK VAL, I waited for a pull back into dval during the C period for a confirmation, entry was made. Exposure for this trade was reduce at previous US high.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2...3jan280032.gif

tgwhbb Jan 27, 2012 11:50am | Post# 3947

1 Attachment(s)
today's trade, missed entry on ES by 1.5 points on the break of the marked no demand after the upthrust into overnight's control and yesterday's NY lower distribution control. Du to bad entry i will have to be patient with this one, stop and revers buy stop as shown in case i've read it wrong. VSA related - the 15 min ND marked is the lowest volume durin NY pit session in last 3 days. As i mentioned yesterday, i still think we're seeing a top reversal. Comments welcome. the 3 marked bars:

1st selling pressure
2nd upthrust
3rd no demand

proper entry would have been on the break of the no demand, but i missed it. levels i'm watching below are 1300 and 1280 to start. but i think we're in for a pullback at least to 1250 area which is the quarterly VAL and the lower control for the merged quarterly profile.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-27 at 11.43.14 AM.png
Size: 60 KB

Evak Jan 27, 2012 12:08pm | Post# 3948

today's trade, missed entry on ES by 1.5 points on the break of the marked no demand after the upthrust into overnight's control and yesterday's NY lower distribution control. Du to bad entry i will have to be patient with this one, stop and revers buy stop as shown in case i've read it wrong. VSA related - the 15 min ND marked is the lowest volume durin NY pit session in last 3 days. As i mentioned yesterday, i still think we're seeing a top reversal. Comments welcome. the 3 marked bars:

1st selling pressure
2nd upthrust
3rd no demand

proper...
I would just comment on the Aunction process...
NY session is still undergoing opening auction & have not broken OTF UP- yet. Given the tail in UK sprung back up (add: during US open initiatives) into previous US low I would have to assume that any stops would have been taken out earlier to clear the way for longs. If OTF were to be broken up, it would signal a chg, failure back into previous US low would see price lower...

tgwhbb Jan 27, 2012 3:29pm | Post# 3949

I would just comment on the Aunction process...
NY session is still undergoing opening auction & have not broken OTF UP- yet. Given the tail in UK sprung back up (add: during US open initiatives) into previous US low I would have to assume that any stops would have been taken out earlier to clear the way for longs. If OTF were to be broken up, it would signal a chg, failure back into previous US low would see price lower...
nice, hopefully one day i'll be able to read the auction like you...

skyscraper Jan 27, 2012 4:24pm | Post# 3950

Indi

I am using exact time as listed. It seems some issue in my indi, can you please point me the indi you are using in ur chart.
I am using ay-TPChart-Session.v.100b with Rowheight=3
is that correct one?
All are set to pit sessions open. mzvega share a good stocktimer which indicates world wide market open & close time.

http://www.stocktime.ru/en/ is showin in GMT time.

So if ur broker time on your Market Watch is e.g 14:00 & stocktime current time shows 12:00, then your +2 of GMT.

So the stock time indicates that NY open is 14:30 then u should set your NY open on your indi as 14:30 +2 = 16:30

kapish?

bandung Jan 28, 2012 5:58am | Post# 3951

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=otnishan;5327492]
btw if any of you can test it out i share it here, tpochart v1.30. any report about its bugs/errors and how you've got a market view by merging/splitting a profile is appreciated.

i only upload ex4 and dll files,

hi,bandung
thanks a ton for this v1.30 merged n splitted indi,i am still learnig this mp stuff.would you mind explaining on how to put your dll file to mt4?
hi..

the dll need vc++ 2010 runtime installed on your windows system, download and install from this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5555

put dll files on your experts\libraries and and ex4 file on experts\indicators

you also need Lucida Sans Typewriter Font installed on your windows\fonts
I uploaded the font here

hope this help.
lucida-sans-typewriter.rar

bandung Jan 28, 2012 11:36am | Post# 3952

:app/lause::roc/kon:AMAZING STUFF B!:not/worthy

Now i can see were i am relative to the super longterm range...look at the yearly profile & the Merge of the last 4 years of Balance...

Looks like we have bounce off the VAL
Attachment 879982

Something i wanted to ask but forgotten to. Is it possible to be able to set the session time for (especially for NY) to like XX.XX (e.g. 15:30). I believe the variable type have to chng i suppose?

tks again...
looking at where price now, yea... it's a bounce

mima Jan 28, 2012 12:35pm | Post# 3953

1 Attachment(s)
somehow doesnt fit in period separator neither when asia is set to 0 nor when is set to -5...
Click to Enlarge

Name: mp-1.jpg
Size: 107 KB

santoshdts Jan 28, 2012 1:32pm | Post# 3954

Xellent subject discussed here, I started to follow this thread lately and in the process (trying to) of reading the imp. concepts of MP along with Mind over Markets.
I was just wondering how logical will it be to add a TPO count figure (TPO above & Below POC) showing on one of the indi. I guess the figure should also help us in getting some edge on finding balance & imbalance within the VA as discussed in initial chapters by JD in his book..

Regards

Santosh

santoshdts Jan 28, 2012 1:34pm | Post# 3955

Xellent subject discussed here, I started to follow this thread lately and in the process (trying to) of reading the imp. concepts of MP along with Mind over Markets.
I was just wondering how logical will it be to add a TPO count figure (TPO above & Below POC) showing on one of the indi. I guess the figure should also help us in getting some edge on finding balance & imbalance within the VA as discussed in initial chapters by JD in his book..

Regards

Santosh

Edit: Or the figure can be displayed on the indicator which Iam unable to see.. ( How Silly Of me)

Aztrader2 Jan 28, 2012 3:09pm | Post# 3956

I have 2 trades for thise move. 1st one was an asymmetric opportuinity taken prior to US pit open, anticipating a rotational trade back up into UK control, after seeing price dip during UK session with L period registering a volume spike into previous UK low as reference. Exposure for this trade was reduce at 3144 or UK control price.

After a strong NY pit open initiatives off UK VAL, I waited for a pull back into dval during the C period for a confirmation, entry was made. Exposure for this trade was reduce at previous US high.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2...3jan280032.gif

Uploaded...

Hi,
I'm new to this thread, so I'd like to learn more about MP trading. But about 4000 posts are very hard to study.... :

Evak, I see you're one of the most active here, so plz can you tell me where I can start...? E.g. meaningful posts or so....

I downloaded your TPO package. My brokers are GMT +1 & GMT+2.
How must I configure indis?
What's the difference between the templates?
What is your volume indi?

Thanks!

bandung Jan 28, 2012 9:44pm | Post# 3957

somehow doesnt fit in period separator neither when asia is set to 0 nor when is set to -5...
it will not. whataver chart timeframe you use, it will always have the same profile width. the indicator only rent a space on your chart.
maybe Bilstein's Post here can explain about it better.

mima Jan 29, 2012 3:23am | Post# 3958

it will not. whataver chart timeframe you use, it will always have the same profile width. the indicator only rent a space on your chart.
maybe Bilstein's Post here can explain about it better.
Thank you for reply...What I meant is that I expected that each profile starts at 0:00...for each day for daily profile...doesn’t matter width...and consequently weekly profile to start at beginning of each week...etc.

bandung Jan 29, 2012 4:33am | Post# 3959

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for reply...What I meant is that I expected that each profile starts at 0:00...for each day for daily profile...doesn’t matter width...and consequently weekly profile to start at beginning of each week...etc.
unfortunately it can't be done, at least by now.
because there is an option to split profile into periods or split profile into its session (when v1.31 released), which make it hard to do what you mean.

for example pls take a look at attached image.
this is daily profile with splitted session, if each profile started at its daily separator line then will be overlap each other.
Click to Enlarge

Name: mp-split-session.png
Size: 115 KB

mima Jan 29, 2012 7:11am | Post# 3960

unfortunately it can't be done, at least by now.
Thank you. I understand that split profiles need space and of course all of them cannot be lined up at 0:00...same is for merged...On chart in my post #3953 profiles are as per default setting in indicator: Day profile on H1 and I did not apply any modification such as split or merge...Anyway thank you for your time you gave to me...

© Forex Factory