Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

tgwhbb Jan 25, 2012 1:50pm | Post# 3921

1 Attachment(s)

i wonder if now is time for EU nudgin to look above it...
looks like a large area to fill just above...profile is 12 week merge
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-25 at 1.47.43 PM.png
Size: 22 KB

Evak Jan 25, 2012 1:53pm | Post# 3922

Hi guys

Nice work you doing here, still learning the system though, pls i am trying out bandung's ay tpo V1.30 on my alpari and SIG account but the platform crashes every time i open it, please what can i do to make it work, you help will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.
Not sure where to start as i have not have such problems, perhaps u may need the follow files that can be downloaded here

tgwhbb Jan 25, 2012 3:28pm | Post# 3923

1 Attachment(s)
Since taking the screen shot ES has blown through my 3 resistance levels overhead.
follow up post.

the 1313 level was resistance and now support as indicated in the attached chart. we can see the shakeout at the support level followed by no selling pressure, and price oves up. value building in Monday's excess high at weekly IBH likely signaling acceptance and price should continue to explore higher IMO. Reluctant to set SL too tight at the moment, will likely wait till after asia open.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-25 at 3.22.45 PM.png
Size: 63 KB

s7c Jan 25, 2012 5:19pm | Post# 3924

My 2nd trade today, I was looking for a response off the HVN (2932) as shown in the merge profile with my secondary reference being the bounce off yesterday low (EU low). Entry was made on the dip back below yesterday's low during B period. There after NY opening reject of UK control helps in this confidence too.

Initial risk was 19p. Expsoure reduce at 76p. Now back to HVN (3027) again or catapult point, i wonder if now is time for EU nudgin to look above it...
i was looking at that and the open rejection&reverse point to a back to balance inventory instead of continuation of london auction. but the view was still confused and the FOMC decision ahead make me not to take the trade, after that when things clarified was unacceptable risk/reward in high volatility. so no trade for me today

otnishan Jan 25, 2012 10:49pm | Post# 3925

[quote=bandung;5310452]btw if any of you can test it out i share it here, tpochart v1.30. any report about its bugs/errors and how you've got a market view by merging/splitting a profile is appreciated.

i only upload ex4 and dll files,

hi,bandung
thanks a ton for this v1.30 merged n splitted indi,i am still learnig this mp stuff.would you mind explaining on how to put your dll file to mt4?

s7c Jan 26, 2012 1:59am | Post# 3926

1 Attachment(s)
we auctioned higher but the value was kept lower. we are trending higher and we are in the high vol area on monthly profile. i found yesterday hard to read. ideas?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 63 KB

Evak Jan 26, 2012 3:36am | Post# 3927

we auctioned higher but the value was kept lower. we are trending higher and we are in the high vol area on monthly profile. i found yesterday hard to read. ideas?
Yes'day inventory was neutral but let just see how Uk does to yesterdays high...

ivonivon Jan 26, 2012 7:34am | Post# 3928

check this in order to get a better idea of what this pattern means: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...55#post4815255
do you use investors RT platform?
Thanks for additional reference.
Btw, do you guys have course from Tom Alexander?

http://alexandertrading.com/?page_id=33

I'm using MarketDelta.
Similar to RT, but with additional footprint bar for order flow trading.

lordgbengs Jan 26, 2012 9:15am | Post# 3929

Not sure where to start as i have not have such problems, perhaps u may need the follow files that can be downloaded here

Thank you very much Evak, much appreciated, i hope bandung the master will help me out.

Evak Jan 26, 2012 9:49am | Post# 3930

follow up post.

the 1313 level was resistance and now support as indicated in the attached chart. we can see the shakeout at the support level followed by no selling pressure, and price oves up. value building in Monday's excess high at weekly IBH likely signaling acceptance and price should continue to explore higher IMO. Reluctant to set SL too tight at the moment, will likely wait till after asia open.
Welcome back bro...nice trade...

Looks like we have a reference test onto the NY afternoon pullback low, during the UK IBR...& now a potential opening test onto control. Overnite inventory is long though...

ES chart:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4...9jan262242.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HiddenGap Jan 26, 2012 10:11am | Post# 3931

good to see the regulars still posting and some new members as well! Took a break from the forums and trading over the last little while for many factors that made it such that I couldn't focus on trading properly and took some bad trades that hurt...but back to fight again....
I'm still popping in routinely to see the extraordinary work being done in here by many. It's truly great to read and watch this thread thrive. The other day I found myself asking, "where's tgwhbb at these days"? Glad to see you are back. Hope things are in a better place now. Sometimes we forget, but the markets aren't going anywhere soon.

tgwhbb Jan 26, 2012 12:10pm | Post# 3932

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome back bro...nice trade...

Looks like we have a reference test onto the NY afternoon pullback low, during the UK IBR...& now a potential opening test onto control. Overnite inventory is long though...
went in long about the time you posted this. Since closed for -1 point, and closed yesterday's long as well. chart currently looking like an excess high at an important level of resistance on strong volume. out of the market for now. Will see where we are at the end of the day. This could potentially be a turning point. IMO 1315 is now key support.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-26 at 12.06.03 PM.png
Size: 52 KB

tgwhbb Jan 26, 2012 12:16pm | Post# 3933

I'm still popping in routinely to see the extraordinary work being done in here by many. It's truly great to read and watch this thread thrive. The other day I found myself asking, "where's tgwhbb at these days"? Glad to see you are back. Hope things are in a better place now. Sometimes we forget, but the markets aren't going anywhere soon.
hey HG! glad to see you are still around. Been going through the VSA thread as well and always read your posts! I'm curious as to you interpretation of my 15M chart I just posted of ES. The top looks like a 2-bar reversal to me.

Evak Jan 26, 2012 2:59pm | Post# 3934

I am cautious going into NY pit open today as inventory was getting abit too long. Allowing the IBR to settle down after a above average IBR during A period would be a wiser move for me. EU did not hold long during the B period as it look above UK high & retracted. My entry was on the pullback high after the D period with the help of a 5min chart or close to session dval. Inititial risk was 11p. exposure reduce at 3100.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/609...4jan270343.gif

12+current week composite illustrates EU respecting the HVN off todays high with interim support indicated on the lower peaks..
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7...5jan270358.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tgwhbb Jan 26, 2012 4:00pm | Post# 3935

1 Attachment(s)
went in long about the time you posted this. Since closed for -1 point, and closed yesterday's long as well. chart currently looking like an excess high at an important level of resistance on strong volume. out of the market for now. Will see where we are at the end of the day. This could potentially be a turning point. IMO 1315 is now key support.
Well, curious what you all think. today's profile started to look like a long liquidation break up till it broke in I period which broke the 1315 support. So would you qualify that as a LLB followed by initiative selling? it looks like yesterday's QE3 news was a trap move. On the flip side, VSA rules make it look like a low volume test of yesterday's news bar...Thoughts?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2012-01-26 at 3.52.39 PM.png
Size: 70 KB

s7c Jan 26, 2012 8:09pm | Post# 3936

I am cautious going into NY pit open today as inventory was getting abit too long. Allowing the IBR to settle down after a above average IBR during A period would be a wiser move for me. EU did not hold long during the B period as it look above UK high & retracted.]
i found is very hard to decide the right context. if you add at your analysis the last days the pit session balanced the london session, the short position get an edge.
but if you took NY open as an open auction, which failed to extend the range on the lower side. price being near by middle point from london session in which the auction it failed to continue, we can have the low extreme for the pit sesson established. i got long based on this, i didn't expect a strong move having this low confidence auction.

s7c Jan 26, 2012 8:27pm | Post# 3937

Well, curious what you all think. today's profile started to look like a long liquidation break up till it broke in I period which broke the 1315 support. So would you qualify that as a LLB followed by initiative selling? it looks like yesterday's QE3 news was a trap move. On the flip side, VSA rules make it look like a low volume test of yesterday's news bar...Thoughts?
i don't see that as a test, a shake out formed by 2 bars seems a better classification for me. anyway the up bar has higher vol then the down bar implying hidden sellers, that needs to be tested...i don't find it as a clear opportunity to start a trade
do you trust broco for volume feed? for now i trade just options on SPY, the etf which follows s&p500. but i will want to start trading intraday, if all this trading it will become proficient.

skyscraper Jan 26, 2012 10:39pm | Post# 3938

EU chart

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my analysis for tomorrow. H4 and daily showing sell off. Asia/london will test first the white line in the middle chart or at the most yellow box. Last one is 12 week chart. In summary I would look for area from 1.3125 to 1.3150 to take a trade. Bias on short.

The white line and green line in middle chart, is calculated value of POC (white line using value of M1) and green line is 1sd away from white line. Same as vah but extended for 2 sd and 3sd..
kave ,jimey please share ur thought.
Click to Enlarge

Name: pic.gif
Size: 109 KB

s7c Jan 27, 2012 12:54am | Post# 3939

1 Attachment(s)
i shorted after price got rejected by low volume area from yesterday. seems like now its attracted by the same high volume area as yesterday. if the auction it will continue through LVA i think it will go at least to test the high of the other fat area from yesterday.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 68 KB

Evak Jan 27, 2012 1:05am | Post# 3940

i found is very hard to decide the right context. if you add at your analysis the last days the pit session balanced the london session, the short position get an edge.
but if you took NY open as an open auction, which failed to extend the range on the lower side. price being near by middle point from london session in which the auction it failed to continue, we can have the low extreme for the pit sesson established. i got long based on this, i didn't expect a strong move having this low confidence auction.
Not sure what u meant by your 1st point though. But u are right to say that since IB extend all the way down the lower side of value, one would concur that a lower extreme could have been establish for the yesterday NY pit, but even so & for the comments that i reply on the ES about the inventory being long need to take precedence over your longs if one choose to take.

Lets look at the follow e.g....

1:UK inventory is long.
2:NY opens below UK control price with an opening test onto UK VAL with responsive.
3: price reverse & auction higher towards UK high
4: There as an opportuinity for entry as price reverted back up to UK POC, u place your entry.

What now? Do you....
A:assume good confidence irregardless of UK inventory
B:reduce your exposure

If your answer is A then under what context do u hold?
IF B: then where would u reduce your exposure...?

© Forex Factory