Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Auction Market Theory and Market Profile (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=277528)

dj0ker Sep 1, 2011 1:37am | Post# 3281

2 Attachment(s)
I'm here to understand the market processes through the MP. I started reading this thread only esterday and only last 10 pages. I was looking at Evak's pictures with spikes and I liked them. I noticed interesting situations last 2 days and would like to share with you. Sorry, maybe you have discussed already it at the thread but english is not my native language and it's hard to read all 200 and more pages but I will try...
Click to Enlarge

Name: _6E_MarketProfile.png
Size: 117 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: _6E_MarketProfile2.png
Size: 80 KB

alexm Sep 1, 2011 2:04am | Post# 3282

Great analysis dj0ker, you are the first person who post market delta chart here, hope to see you share more of market delta platform function and analysis

dj0ker Sep 1, 2011 2:09am | Post# 3283

Great analysis dj0ker, you are the first person who post market delta chart here, hope to see you share more of market delta platform function and analysis
OK, no problem. I only need to understand the market situation concerning the MP.

dj0ker Sep 1, 2011 2:31am | Post# 3284

FYI...my Point of view using Wyckoff again on this. I hope is self explanatory..
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4...6aug292307.gif
Could you tell please what these abbreviations mean? PS, AR, Climax, ST, PSY, SC. Where to read about it? Thanks a lot.

dj0ker Sep 1, 2011 3:20am | Post# 3285

FYI, spike base test during UK session, a good structural entry if u have limit orders set. But if not, the next best trade location is the NY opening with a hidden selling bar on 30min b4 NY opens..
What is b4? Could you show this hidden selling bar?

alexm Sep 1, 2011 10:28am | Post# 3286

b4 mean before in short cut

by the way, today I try to fade the down trend again, you know how bad I got babi-Q, bandung you know what I mean? Literally! Babi Guling, Balinese style.

Greatest enemy, is my own brain.

Haiz!!!

Evak Sep 1, 2011 10:57am | Post# 3287

Great charts and analysis. I've been doing some joint trading with a fellow MP/TPO/AMT trader friend recently using screen and audio share...I wonder if you'd be willing or have the time to drop in to share some analysis or a chart, Evak?

Regards,
Neo
I'll pass, not easy for me as i m clocking my day job with the occasional sneak peak into my charts & the office traffic is not conducive to say the least. Tks for the offer.

Evak Sep 1, 2011 11:01am | Post# 3288

by the way, today I try to fade the down trend again, you know how bad I got babi-Q, bandung you know what I mean? Literally! Babi Guling, Balinese style.

Haiz!!!

Better to wait for a pin bar at the very least. My current reference is the weekly POC around 4235...waiting for 30mins bar to close like a pin way above previous bar low. I been bz whole day till now i guess I could have been babi Q too if i have try the UK session...

Evak Sep 1, 2011 11:13am | Post# 3289

What is b4? Could you show this hidden selling bar?
Hidden selling when there is an increase in volume w/o significant increase in price. The Law of Effort vs. Results

the law as apply just prior to NY opens yesterday...
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4...5sep012307.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tgwhbb Sep 1, 2011 3:24pm | Post# 3290

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys and girls! Glad to see the thread still active, and with new contributors...

took some time away from trading...my mind was not in a good place to trade, made too many mistakes...

been watching the S&P and trading ES, while still watching EU...

here's a trade i took earlier today on ES.

as always, keep up the good posts folks!
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2011-09-01 at 3.09.46 PM copy.png
Size: 190 KB

Oxford Sep 2, 2011 1:41am | Post# 3291

Welcome! It's nice to read you're back.

Hi guys and girls! Glad to see the thread still active, and with new contributors...

took some time away from trading...my mind was not in a good place to trade, made too many mistakes...

been watching the S&P and trading ES, while still watching EU...

here's a trade i took earlier today on ES.

as always, keep up the good posts folks!

dj0ker Sep 2, 2011 2:29am | Post# 3292

i can't understand

Haiz!!!
i don't understand what are you talking about sorry

dj0ker Sep 2, 2011 2:33am | Post# 3293

Hidden selling when there is an increase in volume w/o significant increase in price. The Law of Effort vs. Results

the law as apply just prior to NY opens yesterday...
ok i undestood what is hidden selling. but what is b4 mean?

mima Sep 2, 2011 5:08am | Post# 3294

...but what is b4 mean?
"b4" is a core of Auction Market Theory and Market Profile and therefore crucial for understanding and interpretation of Market profile. You have to learn it and understand on your own...until then you can ask about "b4" million times the answer will depend on you.

foxybunny Sep 2, 2011 5:23am | Post# 3295

ok i undestood what is hidden selling. but what is b4 mean?

Original quote:
"30min b4 NY opens".

This is same meaning as
"30-minutes Before New York opens"

"b4" is the abbreviation for the word "Before".

Hope this clears it up.

Oxford Sep 2, 2011 6:08am | Post# 3296

Two Character Tails

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone of you help me reading 2 Character Tails like those on the picture. It may help correct my mind:

When I see such a tail I think ok it's a tail, but because it's so rare I somehow begin to believe it will come down (in this case). I think in a way that it's not a proper profile and thus it must correct - somehow referencing to the structure repair function. Most probably I mix up things. Or are my settings wrong (GMT, 24h Profile)?

Please tell me how do you deal with those tails. Thank you!
Name:  TwoCharacterTail.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  27 KB

dj0ker Sep 2, 2011 6:27am | Post# 3297

Original quote:
"30min b4 NY opens".

This is same meaning as
"30-minutes Before New York opens"

"b4" is the abbreviation for the word "Before".

Hope this clears it up.
ah i see. b4=before
"live and learn!"

dj0ker Sep 2, 2011 6:50am | Post# 3298

2 Attachment(s)
My view how price goes through the balances. It's not the big TF but all big movements start from small movements at small TF.
Click to Enlarge

Name: _6E_FP_5m.png
Size: 104 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: _6E_FP_1m.png
Size: 75 KB

Oxford Sep 2, 2011 7:11am | Post# 3299

Sir, may I ask you for how long do you work with MarketDelta and how is your experience? Do you use FootPrint and how?

Best,
Ox

My view how price goes through the balances. It's not the big TF but all big movements start from small movements at small TF.
Attachment 777054
Attachment 777055

dj0ker Sep 2, 2011 7:21am | Post# 3300

Sir, may I ask you for how long do you work with MarketDelta and how is your experience? Do you use FootPrint and how?

Best,
Ox
I use MD only one year. I use footprint for determine high volume and minus developments. But when price come to these places I more pay attention at vertical volume, at combination of high and low vertical volume. How? I showed at the previous post.

© Forex Factory