Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   M&W-Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=276971)

Zabana Jan 18, 2011 4:51pm | Post# 1

M&W-Trading

M&W Trading....

This trading model is a free open minden version of Steve Mauros guidlines. NOT SYSTEM

Long= Find a W- pattern below - 20-50 pip the Asian channel ( Wellington opening-London opening ) etc

Short= Find a M- pattern above + 20 -50 pip the Asian channel ( Wellington opening-London opening ) etc

We are not talking about rocket sience, but harmonic trading with typical W and M formations. Gartley, Wolf Wave and 1-2-3 + ABCD are welcome as well.

Everyone is welcome to contribute with ideas and indicators etc.

The trading guidlines is taken from Calderons thread:

1) There is a market pattern you can exploit for morning reversal breakout.

2) Accumulation-during Asian session the high and low of the day is set. Positions get built during this time.

3) Stop hunt- false moves against the real direction. Traders jump in and get trapped.

4) The true trend is slow and steady and takes several hours to cap off.

5) End of day- off of high/low back into consolidation where traders get trapped in consolidation paying rollover.

6) They will burn your account and punish you. This is why you should not trade with the retail traders. Try to pay attention to your charts and watch those breakouts from the range..........these are the moves that trap the herd. When the W or M forms-enter going the opposite way.

7) Never trade in the middle of the range. Short off the top of the range(daily high) or go long off the bottom of the range(daily low).

8) You must watch for the M and W formations near the high and lows for these moves. The cycle begins and ends with consolidation usually in the middle of the range where they can keep the buyers and sellers trapped until they come get your stops.

9) Choppy days are created on pairs to handle the crosses. Market makers work the entire board by moving or holding a major pair. This is how they cause fractional disparity.

VBR:Z

calderone Jan 18, 2011 5:07pm | Post# 2

All the best!

Zabana Jan 18, 2011 5:13pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
All the best!

Thanx Calderon. Lets be open minded

Your best freind is the Market Maker not the Herd...
Name:  a-wolf-among-sheep.jpg
Views: 55192
Size:  163 KB

CanuckCT Jan 18, 2011 5:17pm | Post# 4

Subscribed

Zabana Jan 18, 2011 5:59pm | Post# 5

2 Attachment(s)
The Market Makers is still manipulating the GBPUSD. They will probably hunt stops in the red thick line areas. Anyway we have a nice Gartley: Bearish Crab on the H4 chart,, so be prepared for a M-pattern ( GO SHORT) tomorrow..
Click to Enlarge

Name: Skärmklipp1.JPG
Size: 186 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Skärmklipp2.JPG
Size: 122 KB

NeoRio Jan 18, 2011 6:47pm | Post# 6

M&W Trading
Let's see how long this one can stay open for...

Eatmypips Jan 18, 2011 7:18pm | Post# 7

Introduction

Gday,
I just wanted to introduce myself here at FF. This is my first post, as I have just joined. My background with forex is approximately 6 months of active trading, and I have traded stocks on and off for approx 5 years. I am yet to be profitable with forex, however have continued to hold my account relatively stable for the last 6 months. I jumped straight into active trading after maybe 1 week demo trading to get use to the workings of the account. Anyway I have viewed Steve's webinar (all 3 of them), and was completely amazed by what was said. I have always been into "conspiracy theories" and therefore easily absorbed everything that he said. My goal was to hopefully earn enough money trading forex purely from the video he showed, and then use that money to pay for his course in the future. As far as my forex ambitions go, I hope to become a full time trader in the future and in a financial position to live freely and happily anywhere in the world. Since viewing Steve's video's I have attempted to squeeze every ounce I could from all three video's, and studied it as much as possible. So far I have had several mildly successfull trades, but most trades do not eventuate into what Steve describes. Hoping to learn his strategy to the fullest. Cheers.

dito042 Jan 18, 2011 8:44pm | Post# 8

Thank you, Zabana for Stating this thread!

By the way, How to you use the US-index indicator in your trading. In other words, how does it help you to determine when to enter long and when to enter short positions?

Thank you

Dito

CanuckCT Jan 18, 2011 11:12pm | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
I've borrowed one of Calderone's charts....for the basic pattern.

Click to Enlarge

Name: 2011-01-19_0008.png
Size: 44 KB

I think we need to consider reversal, consolidation and continuation patterns and the respective trade setups.

Cheers
CanuckCT

Zabana Jan 19, 2011 2:22am | Post# 10

4 Attachment(s)
Thank you, Zabana for Stating this thread!

By the way, How to you use the US-index indicator in your trading. In other words, how does it help you to determine when to enter long and when to enter short positions?

Thank you

Dito
Hi Dito
I combined the USD_index indicator with MFI+DPO+FiboS for my trading.
It gives me a good signal of Bear/Bull power, but i enter my trades with the DPO, then the MFI alerts when its overbought/oversold.
For the higher timeframes I use the ZUPV84 to find gartley-patterns, just to get the big picture..

VBR
DPO.mq4
MFI Alert.mq4
FIBO_S.mq4
ZUP_v84.mq4

Eatmypips Jan 19, 2011 3:57am | Post# 11

Long usd.jpy...

What does everyone here thing about the current setup on usd.jpy for a long trade beginning at approx 0500 - 0600 EST at around the 82.05 level?

NeoRio Jan 19, 2011 4:28am | Post# 12

I've borrowed one of Calderone's charts....for the basic pattern.

Attachment 620300

I think we need to consider reversal, consolidation and continuation patterns and the respective trade setups.

Cheers
CanuckCT
Thanks CanuckCT, that's a great picture to reference to! Wish they were all that clean and easy to read!

I'm looking at the GU right now.

Best Regards,
Neo

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 5:03am | Post# 13

Hi Dito
I combined the USD_index indicator with MFI+DPO+FiboS for my trading.
It gives me a good signal of Bear/Bull power, but i enter my trades with the DPO, then the MFI alerts when its overbought/oversold.
For the higher timeframes I use the ZUPV84 to find gartley-patterns, just to get the big picture..

VBR
Zabana,

Thanks for sharing!
Now, please bear with me: would you show us a chart or from the first one above detail to us how to read a perfect scenario where you would enter short or long positions through their combination, please?

THANK YOU!

patter Jan 19, 2011 5:28am | Post# 14

m gu

1 Attachment(s)
This 1 looks good
Click to Enlarge

Name: mgu.png
Size: 37 KB

CanuckCT Jan 19, 2011 7:30am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like you entered a sell on a rather bullish looking pinbar.....sortof a bullish pennant pattern now on H1....
Cheers
CanuckCT

Name:  2011-01-19_0827.png
Views: 44429
Size:  19 KB

This 1 looks good

000dragan Jan 19, 2011 8:03am | Post# 16

patter i would wait for some support,the price settling down,ull never know when its enough for it to go down,price settling into highter ranges,nd also u should know how to read candlesticks and identify stops of major movers on charts

to start strenght is always seen on lower shadow bull bars,
weakness is always seen on upper shadown bear bars

this is a good way to analyse the markets with mw but its not easy,one needs to know all the other ways,unfortunately we all learn it from our mistakes and from starring at the screen all day watching our positions,seeing the formations repeat themselves

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 6:56pm | Post# 17

MMs Shifting When to do what

1 Attachment(s)
Accumulation during US session ... Why?
Click to Enlarge

Name: timing tactical change.jpg
Size: 120 KB

NeoRio Jan 19, 2011 7:04pm | Post# 18

Attachment 621051
I don't know how to answer, since I don't have any of the fancy "tools" to tell. But I can see (by the use of your terminology) that you have watched Martin Cole's videos? I like Martin's approach to the MM's and prefer it over Steve's

Regards,
Neo

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 7:22pm | Post# 19

Yes I watched Martin's too. All I want is to learn from whomever drop from their table what they will for me to grab and "feed my people"---We will overcome!!!

My frustration at the moment is due to the fact that usually I am not around to enter the trades because of my job, and so on. But I caught one early this morning and I will post a chart to show it soon.

I don't know how to answer, since I don't have any of the fancy "tools" to tell. But I can see (by the use of your terminology) that you have watched Martin Cole's videos? I like Martin's approach to the MM's and prefer it over Steve's

Regards,
Neo

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 7:37pm | Post# 20

My Foot-Soldier Wining Trade

1 Attachment(s)
Do not despise humble beginings

Click to Enlarge

Name: a win is always a win.jpg
Size: 174 KB

NeoRio Jan 19, 2011 7:42pm | Post# 21

Attachment 621080
Nice trade.

Bstay removed his post?

Did you make that template yourself?--looks similar to Steve's from the webinars.

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 8:12pm | Post# 22

Nice trade.

Bstay removed his post?

Did you make that template yourself?--looks similar to Steve's from the webinars.
Yes, I did. I carefully studied his charts and tried my best to make my charts look just the same: almost the same (I even have the DTI indicator from CompassFX but I do not see clearly how it would help me, So I use stoch. instead...). Yeah, I am determined to win and one day stand among the 5%ers.

NeoRio Jan 19, 2011 8:23pm | Post# 23

Yes, I did. I carefully studied his charts and tried my best to make my charts look just the same: almost the same (I even have the DTI indicator from CompassFX but I do not see clearly how it would help me, So I use stoch. instead...). Yeah, I am determined to win and one day stand among the 5%ers.
Nice going! Winners never quit, but quitters never win!

I don't think Steve Mauro *actually* uses the TDI indicator (Dean Malone's that can be found on CompassFX). I believe he just slapped that indie on his charts for the CompassFX webinar since he was joining forces with them for the online presentation. IMHO the Stochastic is a better tool for reading divergence, oversold, overbought.

Kind Regards,
NeoRio

CanuckCT Jan 19, 2011 9:01pm | Post# 24

Good stuff...

Cheers
CanuckCT

Attachment 621080

rdwatkins Jan 19, 2011 9:20pm | Post# 25

Great observation dito042!, seems to be happening in several pairs. GU, AU and AJ on H1 TF shows it best...

dito042 Jan 19, 2011 10:54pm | Post# 26

Great observation dito042!, seems to be happening in several pairs. GU, AU and AJ on H1 TF shows it best...
They (MMs) won't give us easy money. One ought to be on guard for; Setups can happen any time....

Cheers!

Dito

orionfx Jan 19, 2011 11:50pm | Post# 27

They (MMs) won't give us easy money. One ought to be on guard for; Setups can happen any time....

Cheers!

Dito
Could you share DTI indi? W pattern obviously notice, MM story is the truth.

Thx.

dito042 Jan 20, 2011 4:54am | Post# 28

2 Attachment(s)
Could you share DTI indi? W pattern obviously notice, MM story is the truth.

Thx.
Good trading, friend!

TradersDynamicIndex.ex4

TradersDynamicIndex.mq4

Zabana Jan 20, 2011 8:22am | Post# 29

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Traders

GBPUSD: M15
Hopefully the market manipulution around the 1.60000 area is over(?)
Perhaps we will have a bearish-rally on GBPUSD during the US-Session.
I placed 2 orders in the 1,59800 area, we shall see if it works...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Skärmklipp.JPG
Size: 96 KB

dito042 Jan 20, 2011 9:43am | Post# 30

Hi Traders

Hi Zabana,

Great chart and thanks for sharing!

CanuckCT Jan 20, 2011 10:09am | Post# 31

I'm in this trade from 1.5970
Cheers
CanuckCT

Hi Traders

Zabana Jan 20, 2011 10:16am | Post# 32

I'm in this trade from 1.5970
Cheers
CanuckCT

I really like the ATR-lines indicator you posted, it is awesome CanuckCT !

VBR: Zabana

CanuckCT Jan 20, 2011 10:27am | Post# 33

In excess of daily ATR for GU....looking like a longer term setup. I've protected 40 pips (my daily target)....and taking a real hard look at this for signs of a much bigger fundamental move.
Cheers
CanuckCT

CanuckCT Jan 20, 2011 10:31am | Post# 34

1 Attachment(s)
Very clear "text book" inverted head and shoulders on UJ. I almost took this one long...but used it for an assessment that USD was strong and helped me decide to take my EU and GU short.
Cheers
CanuckCT
Name:  2011-01-20_1129.png
Views: 10061
Size:  24 KB

CanuckCT Jan 20, 2011 10:37am | Post# 35

1 Attachment(s)
My AU long....for -12...the blue spot on the chart. Slightly recovered with EU and GU shorts.
Cheers
CanuckCT
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2011-01-20_1136.png
Size: 31 KB

calderone Jan 20, 2011 11:10am | Post# 36

Nice job guys!

orionfx Jan 20, 2011 11:21am | Post# 37

Good trading, friend!

Attachment 621421

Attachment 621423
Great thanks.

CanuckCT Jan 20, 2011 11:23am | Post# 38

1 Attachment(s)
My 3 trades today...AU was not a very good entry....did not have any bullish candle...the buy was simply at what could have been a double bottom, hence the tight stop. It never went far enough to move to breakeven.

Cheers
CanuckCT
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2011-01-20_1212.png
Size: 80 KB

Zabana Jan 20, 2011 12:04pm | Post# 39

1 Attachment(s)
Nice rally on GU..
I think that price will continue to go south for the rest of the week. I´m looking for a BEARISH FLAG on GU, and hopefully a "small" bearish rally during the asian-session..

VBR: Zabana
Click to Enlarge

Name: Skärmklipp.JPG
Size: 133 KB

dito042 Jan 20, 2011 12:06pm | Post# 40

My 3 trades today...AU was not a very good entry....did not have any bullish candle...the buy was simply at what could have been a double bottom, hence the tight stop. It very went far enough to move to breakeven.

Cheers
CanuckCT
Attachment 621873
One day I'll be trading FX full-time!...

Great job

© Forex Factory