Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Price Action Trading with Indicators! The Freebie System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=276813)

xmess7 Jul 22, 2017 10:26am | Post# 8981

Hi if possible, update this system after 5 years.
5 yrs? That long? LOL. I think the EA has been around like 3 yrs right?

xmess7 Jul 22, 2017 10:28am | Post# 8982

Using the last EA and Indicator from your web Xmess and it is 7 hrs but EA did not execute a single trade yet. Using the preset given by you couple of pages back,has it anything to do with Useauto Trend>CurrStrength function?
yea, the CurrStrength was an attempt but the tests didn't show any results. Like I mentioned earlier,, I will return to this EA once I am done with the CCFP EA. So for now just wait...
Thnx
J

montego Jul 22, 2017 1:44pm | Post# 8983

{quote} Hold on ok. I have an idea that will help the EA make better decisions... Let me finish the ccfp EA then I'll take this one on... LOL... you know how that goes LOL. The thing about this approach is that the originator(Dredding of course) was very successful. I got the entry TF working but the higher TF or Trend that is what this EA needs. Something descent that will tell it the trend. I been experimenting (whenever I can) on a very simple combination and so far it looks promising. It is just right for this EA and I think this is going to...
No problem Jess, Rome wasn't built in a day, sounds a great idea

montego Jul 24, 2017 7:41am | Post# 8984

1 Attachment(s)
im up 3.13 % today
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 50 KB

montego Jul 24, 2017 7:51am | Post# 8985

1 Attachment(s)
edit-5.47%
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

montego Jul 25, 2017 9:51am | Post# 8986

1 Attachment(s)
14% in 3 days not bad so far
Click to Enlarge

Size: 51 KB

xmess7 Jul 25, 2017 11:11am | Post# 8987

14% in 3 days not bad so far {image}
Wait til i get the new trend logic in... u will see more stable results. What r u using for the UseAutoTrend input?

ramzam Jul 25, 2017 12:12pm | Post# 8988

about 2 yrs gone.. still this work not get fine finished

xmess7 Jul 25, 2017 1:23pm | Post# 8989

about 2 yrs gone.. still this work not get fine finished
Lol of course not... for this one i am stubborn.
Lol
But i think i may of found something that will help determine the trend with more stability.

Right now i am involved with another EA. Once done with that i will update thisEA and start to see it prosper ...

montego Jul 25, 2017 1:51pm | Post# 8990

{quote} Wait til i get the new trend logic in... u will see more stable results. What r u using for the UseAutoTrend input?
Got it Enabled

xmess7 Jul 25, 2017 5:34pm | Post# 8991

{quote} Got it Enabled
Yes u got it enabled but what did i select?? Zz, 3semafor?? or areu using default??

montego Jul 25, 2017 9:35pm | Post# 8992

{quote} Yes u got it enabled but what did i select?? Zz, 3semafor?? or areu using default??
CURRENT STRENGTH

xmess7 Jul 26, 2017 12:38am | Post# 8993

{quote} CURRENT STRENGTH
Really???
Pls continue testing lol
I didnt se it work when i tried it a couple of months ago..
lol

EDDiCTS Jul 26, 2017 1:54am | Post# 8994

Hello,I am a new user.Maybe my question sounds like a BS but i have mention it that i am still NEW and fresh,I'm here for some information about this indicator.I have read all what OP has said but still didn't get it how to use this noob friendly indicator.Need guide.

sharkbee Jul 27, 2017 1:14pm | Post# 8995

Hi xmess7
is this Ea better than the other on cccfp thread?
I look for consistency 10% and i'll be happy with it
Thank you

jenbols Aug 7, 2017 10:57pm | Post# 8996

Nice to see you here Jess, For some reasons i got interested again to this Ea
that i used month ago, hope the thread is still alive_
Meanwhile will scan it a bit to see what has been added _

ritzelcreus Aug 8, 2017 6:18am | Post# 8997

1 Attachment(s)
hy xmess7
im getting log like this, , how to fix that?,,
thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: Untitled.png
Size: 195 KB

xmess7 Aug 8, 2017 12:15pm | Post# 8998

Guys:
Sorry for the delay. For whatever reason the new messages do not show up on my board. Anyway. Just to answer a few questions. The EA is still active. I think that the last update I may of changed some of the parameters and that is why you guys may not be seeing trades.. Actually it depends on what you have selected to use as the UseAutoTrend. If you set the UseAutoTrend=CurrStrenght you may not get many trades. But if you are not getting many trades using the other options then I have to look into the EA and see why that is happening,

Folks: I recommend you hold off a bit. a couple of months ago I started reading the Alien System Thread. the RIOSMA indicator got my attention. I have not had a lot of time to really digest how it is used but from what I have been able to understand I see a great potential for this telling us the proper direction on the upper TFs of a currency. This is all this approach needs, some descent upper TF indication of direction. Once that is done the 15min signals will be a lot more accurate and provide great results.

So the next version will have another UseAutoTrend selection and it will be a variation of the RIOSMA.

xmess7 Aug 8, 2017 12:17pm | Post# 8999

hy xmess7 im getting log like this, , how to fix that?,, thank you {image}

the error means that trading is not allowed due to your settings.
Make sure that all of your settings have Live trading allowed checked.
there are two placed you need to look,,, under OPTIONS and in the property TAB called COMMON.
Look at those two spots and find where it tells ya to allow Trades. then make sure they are checked.

xmess7 Aug 8, 2017 12:22pm | Post# 9000

Hi xmess7 is this Ea better than the other on cccfp thread? I look for consistency 10% and i'll be happy with it Thank you
At the moment I would say that the CCFP is going to do better than this EA.
But once I get this going and make it profitable... then your real question would be "how do I change my self to become a better trader". Cause no matter what EA or approach you use, it all depends on the trader's attitude and their habits. I have given a couple of approaches WITH COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS to several other traders and still they manage to lose, all cause they decided to "change" the instructions to what "they" "felt" was the correct thing or setting. so it's not the EA or approach it';s the user and his/her habits that have to change for them or anyone to be profitable

© Forex Factory