Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Price Action Trading with Indicators! The Freebie System (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=276813)

xmess7 May 3, 2017 3:06am | Post# 8961

Hello Xmess7 I know it's been awhile but im using the latest EA55 and It didn't place a sell trade after the red ha candle not sure whats wrong but it has done it a couple of times before. {image}
CHECKXZZZ !!! Good to see you or at least your text!!

I'll look into it. I been busy with the CCFP thread but I am still running the Freebie EA. I got an idea that may improve the profit.
Just FYI, the EA is doing so so. One week I get 5-7% profit. The next I get -4 to -13% then like this week 0-3%.

jaisis21 May 3, 2017 4:31am | Post# 8962

Hello Xmess7 I know it's been awhile but im using the latest EA55 and It didn't place a sell trade after the red ha candle not sure whats wrong but it has done it a couple of times before. The .02 lot order was manually placed and the Ea is set with fixed lot .01 {image}
Hello Checkz!

I am humbly asking your entry rules using Fractals and Dots.

Thanks in advance!

nesta May 5, 2017 4:24pm | Post# 8963

Hello.
Do I need to update it? It is a bit unknown to me!
If you can update.

xmess7 May 5, 2017 4:30pm | Post# 8964

Hello. Do I need to update it? It is a bit unknown to me! If you can update.
Not yet. I shoild have v56 ready next week.
For now usw v55

xmess7 May 7, 2017 2:51am | Post# 8965

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATE v56

Yep we are up to version 56.

This Ea has a new UseAutoTrend feature. Since I been messing around with a currency strength basket strategy, I started to test the currency strength calculation function in another EA. In 3 days I was able to rack up 1000 pips. NFP knocked it down to +500 pips.
So if you are up to it. Set the UseAutoTrend = CurrStrength.

For now I will allow the EA to run the trades to the SL or TP. Lets see how this works out.

Enjoy:
xm7_Freebie_EA_v56.ex4

brucech May 7, 2017 3:42am | Post# 8966

UPDATE v56 Yep we are up to version 56. This Ea has a new UseAutoTrend feature. Since I been messing around with a currency strength basket strategy, I started to test the currency strength calculation function in another EA. In 3 days I was able to rack up 1000 pips. NFP knocked it down to +500 pips. So if you are up to it. Set the UseAutoTrend = CurrStrength. For now I will allow the EA to run the trades to the SL or TP. Lets see how this works out. Enjoy: {file}

Thanks xmess7! Since I am pretty settled more clearly regarding your EA for the other thread, I am going to start testing this EA with the Set the UseAutoTrend = CurrStrength.

Thanks again for this new function!

Bruce

xmess7 May 7, 2017 4:00am | Post# 8967

{quote} Thanks xmess7! Since I am pretty settled more clearly regarding your EA for the other thread, I am going to start testing this EA with the Set the UseAutoTrend = CurrStrength. Thanks again for this new function! Bruce
What I am seeing is that the this can be used as a momentum indication. So lets see if the combination of momentum and the signals that freebie generates work more effectively. Like I said in one of my other EAs it did very well. So lets see how this works out.

Gallauco May 9, 2017 11:11am | Post# 8968

1 Attachment(s)
hi
xmess7 this is my mt4 screen shot....
if i run on your EA after 2 seconds it disappear.....
why? do u have any suggets?
Click to Enlarge

Name: euraud-h1-trading-point-of.png
Size: 175 KB

xmess7 May 9, 2017 11:49am | Post# 8969

hi xmess7 this is my mt4 screen shot.... if i run on your EA after 2 seconds it disappear..... why? do u have any suggets? {image}
In addition to what I told you on the PM.
do this... open the Expert Logs and show me what it contains. the answer to the problem may be right there, perhaps there is a zero divide problem?
The logs may shows more information..

Gallauco May 10, 2017 10:01am | Post# 8970

1 Attachment(s)
maybe i need to download the 3-semafor xmess7...
not the 3 semafor simple one
but in your folder there is an error when i try to down load
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdjpy-h1-trading-point-of.png
Size: 187 KB

xmess7 May 10, 2017 11:03am | Post# 8971

maybe i need to download the 3-semafor xmess7... not the 3 semafor simple one but in your folder there is an error when i try to down load {image}
You have to use the file that you see on the screen. The EA will not recognize any other sema for indicator. The reason I am asking that you download that file is cause I modified it so it would allow the EA to be FASTER.

So let me get this right. You are having problems downloading the file? Is that what you mean?? Are you having problems going into the folder called "required Indicators".

TRy again and let me know exactly the problem. You should be able to download the file with no issues.

I

Gallauco May 10, 2017 11:35am | Post# 8972

1 Attachment(s)
no now ok
i found your modified indi and now ea stay open ...Tomorrow i ll try to see what happen...
a question.... how the ea works about diffent cross and time frames?
there is a parameter to set ?
3_Level_ZZ_SemaforXm7.ex4

xmess7 May 10, 2017 12:09pm | Post# 8973

no now ok i found your modified indi and now ea stay open ...Tomorrow i ll try to see what happen... a question.... how the ea works about diffent cross and time frames? there is a parameter to set ? {file}
The Ea will automatically adjust the upper TF based on the rules that Dredding posted (I don't remember which post).

newtrojan May 16, 2017 12:17pm | Post# 8974

Greetings Fellow traders

Is the stuff from page 1 still valid. Could someone direct me to the relevant posts and Indis.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

xmess7 May 16, 2017 12:35pm | Post# 8975

Greetings Fellow traders Is the stuff from page 1 still valid. Could someone direct me to the relevant posts and Indis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Yep it is.
However we need something that will provide a descent trend direction. I amxtrying out the ccfp option in the latest EA version. So far -1%. No trades at the moment.

anthony1 May 28, 2017 2:48am | Post# 8976

UPDATE v56 Yep we are up to version 56. This Ea has a new UseAutoTrend feature. Since I been messing around with a currency strength basket strategy, I started to test the currency strength calculation function in another EA. In 3 days I was able to rack up 1000 pips. NFP knocked it down to +500 pips. So if you are up to it. Set the UseAutoTrend = CurrStrength. For now I will allow the EA to run the trades to the SL or TP. Lets see how this works out. Enjoy: {file}
Hey xmess7, will you be releasing the source to your EA by any chance?

nesta Jun 24, 2017 10:18pm | Post# 8977

Hi if possible, update this system after 5 years.

fibozone Jul 17, 2017 3:56am | Post# 8978

Using the last EA and Indicator from your web Xmess and it is 7 hrs but EA did not execute a single trade yet.
Using the preset given by you couple of pages back,has it anything to do with Useauto Trend>CurrStrength function?

montego Jul 22, 2017 9:45am | Post# 8979

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Yep it is. However we need something that will provide a descent trend direction. I amxtrying out the ccfp option in the latest EA version. So far -1%. No trades at the moment.
Hi Jess, how are you Bro, decided to come over here and take a look, looks Good Also very interested in the manual trading side that the thread starter Dredding82 kindly put here for us to learn, does my EA look like Its set up ok Guys ? cheers and good luck for the future and green pips to all
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 134 KB

xmess7 Jul 22, 2017 10:25am | Post# 8980

{quote} Hi Jess, how are you Bro, decided to come over here and take a look, looks Good Also very interested in the manual trading side that the thread starter Dredding82 kindly put here for us to learn, does my EA look like Its set up ok Guys ? cheers and good luck for the future and green pips to all {image}

Hold on ok. I have an idea that will help the EA make better decisions...
Let me finish the ccfp EA then I'll take this one on... LOL... you know how that goes LOL.

The thing about this approach is that the originator(Dredding of course) was very successful. I got the entry TF working but the higher TF or Trend that is what this EA needs. Something descent that will tell it the trend. I been experimenting (whenever I can) on a very simple combination and so far it looks promising.
It is just right for this EA and I think this is going to make this EA work very well....

So for now just learn the basic stuff from page 1.... Do do anything with it, UNLESS you have a better idea of detecting the TREND

© Forex Factory