Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Nb 1.0 trend trade system (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=274194)

nanningbob Jun 3, 2011 1:47pm | Post# 1281

Bob,

As I've said before I'm a newbie as far as EA's and MT4 though I've been trading other entities for a long time so you'll have to excuse my ignorance. Your suggestion did not work. I opened a new chart, dragged the EA onto the new chart...and it closed within two seconds. Not sure why it worked for the first few days?
Well the best person to ask then is Steve. Tell him which EA you are using and what it is doing and send a private message to him. Right now I am not sure which EA you are even talking about. Also let him know which broker you are using. Just to enlighten you, an ea is nothing more than a computer program running on your computer. The broker only gets signals from the EA through the MT4 on your computer. They dont know what that software is doing. MT4 backroom software is designed for traditional trading methods. Some people claim that MT4 software at the broker end hunts stops or stops short of take profit lines. My trading systems try to thwart such activities but multi level trading. Anyway good luck and demo test that EA before going live.

greglegrande Jun 3, 2011 4:01pm | Post# 1282

thanks bob

Thank you Bob. You are a true gentleman. I'll do that. Hope he doesn't he yell at me.

rattyo Jun 4, 2011 5:42pm | Post# 1283

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Bob have you seen this indicator or used it, when you stick it on the 1hr its very close to the 5ms shift 5
McGinley Dynamic Indicator.mq4
McGinley Dynamic Indicator.ex4

nanningbob Jun 4, 2011 11:22pm | Post# 1284

Hi Bob have you seen this indicator or used it, when you stick it on the 1hr its very close to the 5ms shift 5
Thanks I will look at it. Ignore my message I will download it from here.

Ahh my first day of not teaching the little ones. Gonna enjoy it, slept till 11am, played baseball all afternoon, went to dinner with friends and had a burrito, (yes I can get a burrito in China, its a miracle of course) Finished the night watching the movie Thor, (yes in China it is already out on DVD and so is the new Pirate movie). Today I am going to sleep to 11, watch a movie, go get a massage for 2 hours for all my sore muscles from playing baseball. Guys you miss one of life's great treats, a personal massage from a trained therapist for less than 20 USD. When done every sore muscle is gone. See ya later, will work on Forex again starting Monday.

nanningbob Jun 4, 2011 11:50pm | Post# 1285

1 Attachment(s)
If you put a 12 MA EMA Median you almost get the same thing. If you put the 5MA shifted 2 they match up very closely. I like taking indicators and finding a similar MA and then I can code it. Thanks for the indicator. I like looking at indicators and seeing what makes them tick. I got intrigued by the TMA but as I use it I am slowly finding the similar MA that I can use for coding. For example I am close to finding out that a 4H MA closely resembles the 1H TMA center line. Now I can code a similar TMA for and EA using a MA on the 1H chart which I could not do in the past. Opens some possibilities for me. Notice the pic below it has all three lines on the screen from each one.
Click to Enlarge

Name: aud cad compare.gif
Size: 29 KB

Mediator Jun 5, 2011 8:26am | Post# 1286

Bob,

As I've said before I'm a newbie as far as EA's and MT4 though I've been trading other entities for a long time so you'll have to excuse my ignorance. Your suggestion did not work. I opened a new chart, dragged the EA onto the new chart...and it closed within two seconds. Not sure why it worked for the first few days?
i think the EA sets 'Global Variables' you have to delete them before you put Steve's EAs on a Chart again. The Global Variables could be deleted/set if you go to menu in mt4 Tools -> Global Variables...

but be carefull, if you use another EAs and they use Global Vars too, don't delete them.

Regards

Mediator

minute Jun 6, 2011 5:15am | Post# 1287

Liking the four hour set and forget method.

I like the four hour development ... as well and would like to hear more...since I am planning on demoing this a bit. The entries are fairly simple to understand but take profit seems to be the thing that will cause psycho pain...especially if I get stopped out after it goes 50 pips. I am attracted to the set and forget nature of this. I'm thinking of using the MPTM to close part of the profit say 2/3 at 1R pips and let the rest run.

This is where maths and stats comes in I guess.

Klys_33 Jun 6, 2011 6:55pm | Post# 1288

A short message to NanningBob

Hi Nanningbob,
I'm too young to post you personnally.
So just wanted to thank you for this method.
I looked at it on 15min charts and it produces NUMEROUS signals every day.
I have :
- removed all the MM... and just wait for the price to touch the TMA
- set the target at the middle of the TMA (so win is half the TMA Width) => 20 to 40 pips per trade
- S/L 100pip on M15

I'm currently growing my live account between 100 and 300 pips a week
Mondays & Thusdays are always excellent, compared to Tuesday & Wednesday.

Kinds regards, be sure I will continue to follow your treads. Thanks for teaching how to fish ;=)
Klys_33

betterlife Jun 7, 2011 12:12pm | Post# 1289

Hi friends, especially Bob.

I see that there is not a lot of activity with this system from your side. I read all the manuals and went through the thread (although not really post-by-post).
The impression is that this is somehow still "experimental" with a lot of tweaks still ongoing.
Bob: do you have experience and "completed results" in trading it over these first months of 2011?

Second question: why haven't you imagined multilevel trading with this one? In Schlossenberg's article you include in the distribution of the other system, the author applies such kind of management to with-trend instead of counter-trend situations.

Thanks in advance.

BL

greglegrande Jun 7, 2011 12:55pm | Post# 1290

220 pips last night on three trades

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the best two. One was over 100+ pips and the other 70+ pips. The third was 40+ pips. As you can see these are very solid setups based on Bob's system. The only thing I've added is the LSMA which allows me to get in a little quicker sometimes thus minimizing my distance to my stop loss (swing h/l) and increasing my potential profit. I also still rely on the Dve Mashdi and the Dve Mashki Swiss indi.

I couldn't make Hopwood's EA work so I found another trade manager EA called Stealth_3. I have to set it up manually (type in the values) but it will work until I find something else better. This allows me to set the trade and walk away thus eliminating crippling emotions from killing the trade. Here are the charts....
Click to Enlarge

Name: nb.gif
Size: 32 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: nb1.gif
Size: 27 KB

ericjschroed Jun 7, 2011 3:54pm | Post# 1291

I have :
- set the target at the middle of the TMA (so win is half the TMA Width) => 20 to 40 pips per trade
- S/L 100pip on M15
Your description of your "changes" is a little vague.
Do you pay any attention to whether the trade is with the trend or countertrend?
Which pairs are you trading?
If you hit a loss, price will be way outside the TMA; where do you re-enter for the next trade?
Do you move your target with the TMA or is it fixed where the middle TMA was at time of entry?
If moving, what do you do if you do not hit SL but the middle TMA moves past your entry so the trade will be a loss?
With up to a 5:1 W/L ratio required on your system just to break even, it sounds like scalping, though not as risky as some I have seen. Hitting 3 or 4 losses in a row will erase quite a bit of profit (and it will happen eventually).

ericjschroed Jun 7, 2011 3:58pm | Post# 1292

Hi friends, especially Bob.

I see that there is not a lot of activity with this system from your side. I read all the manuals and went through the thread (although not really post-by-post).
The impression is that this is somehow still "experimental" with a lot of tweaks still ongoing.
Bob: do you have experience and "completed results" in trading it over these first months of 2011?

Second question: why haven't you imagined multilevel trading with this one? In Schlossenberg's article you include in the distribution of the other system, the...
Thanks for admitting that you haven't read all the posts. If you had, you would have the answers to most if not all your questions and comments. Please consider doing so.

greglegrande Jun 15, 2011 2:15pm | Post# 1293

Hello! Echo. Echo.

Perhaps the reason why this board is so silent is because we're all trading Bob's highly effective system and are too busy making money to post??? This method is so simple and profitable I don't think it needs any more clarification.

Previous week = +240 pips
Last Week = +200 pips
This Week = +98 pips (so far)

I've had some losses that ARE reflected in the totals above but my win percentage is just over 70% and my win dollars are almost twice what my loss dollars are. That spells success over the long haul in anyone's vocabulary.

I do wonder however if perhaps this method has been appropriately named. It seems to be more conducive to range trading and not trend trading. My losses seem to come when PA moves in one direction and then retraces only a very small amount but enough to penetrate the 5x5 and trigger an entry only to see PA continue its dramatic move in the same direction.

Maybe Bob's 4-hr version of this method is more likely to catch the trend and the 1-hr more of a range trading system. Am I way off base here? Maybe. On the other hand perhaps it would help if we were to find an indicator of some type that might filter out that particular scenario. Yes? No?

betterlife Jun 15, 2011 4:50pm | Post# 1294

Perhaps the reason why this board is so silent is because we're all trading Bob's highly effective system and are too busy making money to post??? This method is so simple and profitable I don't think it needs any more clarification.

Last Week = +200 pips

I've had some losses that ARE reflected in the totals above but my win percentage is just over 70% and my win dollars are almost twice what my loss dollars are. That spells success over the long haul in anyone's vocabulary.

I...
Oh! there are also some "motivating" replies sometimes in this thread! Thank you very much.

To eric: sorry, perhaps you thought I was somehow lazy... I'm just a very busy full-time-job guy. I'm at about 50% of the thread because I can dedicate just few hours to this study. In the middle I switched to Steve's EA and had some dismal results in backtesting. Then I thought Steve's bot was not "exactely" what I would have traded with this system. I therefore built mine, and came to the same conclusions greg is presenting here: wonderful for ranges, terrible in trend changes.
And therefore... went on also with other ideas.
You know, I'm lazy.

I can make still some tweaks to my EA for this system, anyway.

Greg, congratulations for the results. Those are with the H1 system, do I understand correctly?

Bye

BL

nanningbob Jun 15, 2011 4:58pm | Post# 1295

Last Week = +200 pips

I...
I wish more people would post their successes. That would help keep the thread moving. I am working on an upgrade called 10.0 which I think will help define the trend better as to when it starts and when it stops. I think the reads will be better. Writing the booklet on it now. I will be posting the range trading part first and then work on the trend trading part. Anyways thanks for the good report.

greglegrande Jun 15, 2011 5:41pm | Post# 1296

Hey BL

switched to Steve's EA and had some dismal results in backtesting. Then I thought Steve's bot was not "exactely" what I would have traded with this system. I therefore built mine, and came to the same conclusions greg is presenting here: wonderful for ranges, terrible in trend changes.
And therefore... went on also with other ideas.
You know, I'm lazy.

I can make still some tweaks to my EA for this system, anyway.

Greg, congratulations for the results. Those are with the H1 system, do I understand correctly?

Bye

BL
All of my trades are with the one hour method with a few little tweaks to better fit my eye. I have started tinkering with the 4hr but after reading Bob's post above...if Bob Nanning says he's found something better....THEN I'M GOING TO WAIT ON IT!

IMHO the EA to use from Steve to trade this method is the nanningbob V1 trend auto trading robot. Use the Swing H/L stop loss and the TMA take profit. Put the convergence filter to true and turn everything else off and try that. Please let us know if you backtest it or demo test it.

greglegrande Jun 15, 2011 10:21pm | Post# 1297

Excited!

1 Attachment(s)
I have to post this. I can't tell you how pumped I am that Bob is seeking to better this already solid 1 hour method. And I think the chart of my very last trade will explain as to why I am.

This trade went for about a 100 pip profit. But as you can see in the up move before the down move, that I actually traded, it broke out of its range and went for about a 150 pip move. The red arrow is actually where the top TMA line was at the time. It retraced and penetrated the 5x5, the mashki tuned red, the LSMA had also turned from blue up to red down. That's a trade right? Nope. It went on to break forcefully through what would have been the stop loss by 70+ pips.

The blue arrow shows how a trend change can rob you of profits as well. The way I trade this method is to sell at the opposite TMA band. This ensures me of getting the chunk in the middle. However, in this case my chunk in the middle was way too much middle! Once again PA broke out of its trading range and went for another 85 pips. Thats a lot of money left on the table.

To hear that Bob is addressing these issues is music to my ears. I can only imagine just how much more powerful this method will become when both market possibilities are taken into account. http://www.forexfactory.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Click to Enlarge

Name: nb.gif
Size: 31 KB

nanningbob Jun 16, 2011 1:07pm | Post# 1298

Hi Nanningbob,
I'm too young to post you personnally.
So just wanted to thank you for this method.
I have :
- S/L 100pip on M15

I'm currently growing my live account between 100 and 300 pips a week
Mondays & Thusdays are always excellent, compared to Tuesday & Wednesday.

Kinds regards,...

I have not traded a 15 minute chart in such a long time that I dont even know what one looks like. Basically a 15M chart will give you what is happening during a 4H session. So if you believe that a trend will carry during a 4H session you usually can do well trading there. I simply dont have time to watch a 15M chart so I dont trade it. I sometimes use it to close out a profitable trade but that is it. Good luck. As long as a pair is ranging well you probably will have good success with a 15M chart but once price goes crazy it makes it more difficult.

ashkan_no9 Jun 21, 2011 4:57am | Post# 1299

Good Job

I have to post this. I can't tell you how pumped I am that Bob is seeking to better this already solid 1 hour method. And I think the chart of my very last trade will explain as to why I am.

This trade went for about a 100 pip profit. But as you can see in the up move before the down move, that I actually traded, it broke out of its range and went for about a 150 pip move. The red arrow is actually where the top TMA line was at the time. It retraced and penetrated the 5x5, the mashki tuned red, the LSMA had also turned from blue up to red down....
Hi Greg
Your trading method sounds interesting and profitable.
Could you attach your last template and indicators?
And please explain a little more about your strategy.

greglegrande Jun 22, 2011 2:44pm | Post# 1300

Hey ashkan

7 Attachment(s)
Hi Greg
Your trading method sounds interesting and profitable.
Could you attach your last template and indicators?
And please explain a little more about your strategy.

Hey, I will but it's no different than bob's system with a different PA overlay and a couple of extra indicators. One (LSMA) as a filter and the Swiss Army to see whats happening on the bigger TF's. That's it.
I also like the chaserL sixths just to get an idea of S/R lines.

I call the template "rocket pop" because the LSMA looks like the popcicles we used to eat as kids here in the states.

The LSMA and Mashki can filter out some bad trades but only rarely. If it penetrates bob's 5x5 but the LSMA is still the opposing color or the mashki is the opposing color then be cautious. I didn't say 'don't trade' I said be cautious.

Please remember...bob's system doesn't really need my 'add-ons'. They are there because they appeal to ME and keep my emotion in check.
b-clock_modified.ex4
I BREAKEVEN.ex4
LSMA in Color4.ex4
sixths by ChaserL.ex4
ytg_DveMashki_ind_w_MTF_HIST_v3.ex4
ytg_DveMashki_ind_w_Signals.ex4
rocket pop.tpl

© Forex Factory